Mueller report finds no evidence that Trump campaign colluded with Russia - U.S. Justice Department

webfact

Just now, tlandtday said:

All the Mueller cheerleaders must be feeling pretty stupid right about now.  There's a saying that it is far easier to be conned than to admit you have been conned and the Democrats, deep state and mainstream media had a lot of people conned. 

Anyone who believes the deep state is a reality in the US has been conned by right-wing fringe groups masquerading as news sources.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

"The Illusory Truth Effect: How Millions Were Duped By Russiagate"

"The rather uncreatively-named illusory truth effect describes the way people are more likely to believe something is true after hearing it said many times."

- Caitlin Johnstone

https://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/the-illusory-truth-effect-how-millions-were-duped-by-russiagate-61199bfbe325

That explains why so many people think the deep state is a real thing.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

"Beyond BuzzFeed: The 10 Worst, Most Embarrassing U.S. Media Failures on the Trump-Russia Story"

- Glenn Greenwald

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/20/beyond-buzzfeed-the-10-worst-most-embarrassing-u-s-media-failures-on-the-trumprussia-story/

I replied to this post earlier.    https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1091389-mueller-report-finds-no-evidence-that-trump-campaign-colluded-with-russia-us-justice-department/?do=findComment&comment=13981031

Ten acknowledged errors over the last two years do not invalidate the the largely reliable reporting done by the news organizations.

You failed to answer my question regarding your infallible news source.

• Haha 1

Trump will do anything to insure that he dominates the news cycle.  Now it's Repeal Obama care and replace it with nothing", not even a free box of band aides!

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

I replied to this post earlier.    https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1091389-mueller-report-finds-no-evidence-that-trump-campaign-colluded-with-russia-us-justice-department/?do=findComment&comment=13981031

Ten acknowledged errors over the last two years do not invalidate the the largely reliable reporting done by the news organizations.

You failed to answer my question regarding your infallible news source.

Your post is re: my post # 256:

""Beyond BuzzFeed: The 10 Worst, Most Embarrassing U.S. Media Failures on the Trump-Russia Story"

Another perceptive comment from "heybruce", since the article is titled "The only 10  errors over the last 2 years of RussiaGate".

Now if the article had been titled something like "The 10 Worst, Most Embarrassing U.S. Media Failures on the Trump-Russia Story", with no reference to how frequently these occurred (one would have to actually read the article to get a sense of this) then your comment would be foolish and asking "Where are infallible news sources" would be seen as classic Strawman diversion, totally irrelevant, and off topic.

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ShortTimed said:

I thought this was a campaign promise that helped get him elected?

To return the previous health insurance model of the preceding 50 years or more.

The problem is there is no such thing as a “free” box of band-aids.

No, he promised to replace it with something much better and cheaper.  However he hasn't come up with a replacement.  No surprise, he also promised Mexico would pay for his wall.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

From the title of your link.

You still haven't answered the question about your infallible news sources.

I didn't post a link, but if you want to see examples, take your pick, CNN,ABC,CBS.NBC,MSNBC, etc.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JimmyJ said:

Your comment is re: my post # 256:

""Beyond BuzzFeed: The 10 Worst, Most Embarrassing U.S. Media Failures on the Trump-Russia Story"

Another perceptive comment from "heybruce", since the article is titled "The only 10  errors over the last 2 years of RussiaGate".

Now if the article had been titled something like "The 10 Worst, Most Embarrassing U.S. Media Failures on the Trump-Russia Story", with no reference to how frequently these occurred (one would have to actually read the article to get a sense of this) then your comment would be foolish and asking "Where are infallible news sources" would be seen as classic Strawman diversion, totally irrelevant, and off topic.

Much like Trump on healthcare, you are asking people to abandon what they have and offering nothing in return.  Intelligent people say no. 

Established news sources make mistakes, but those are infrequent relative to the amount of stories they report.  Until you provide a better source of information, I'm sticking with what is usually correct.

1 minute ago, beechguy said:

I didn't post a link, but if you want to see examples, take your pick, CNN,ABC,CBS.NBC,MSNBC, etc.

These are the news sources JimmyJ maintains can't be trusted.  He won't tell us what news he considers reliable.  Makes one wonder.

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

Much like Trump on healthcare, you are asking people to abandon what they have and offering nothing in return.  Intelligent people say no. 

Established news sources make mistakes, but those are infrequent relative to the amount of stories they report.  Until you provide a better source of information, I'm sticking with what is usually correct.

Even you'd have to admit that cable news outlets are hardly investigative journalists. The great bulk of their programming is roundtable punditry.

• Like 1

No, he promised to replace it with something much better and cheaper.  However he hasn't come up with a replacement.  No surprise, he also promised Mexico would pay for his wall.

The old healthcare system was much better & cheaper for the vast majority of Americans and employers and federal coffers.

ACA has cost billions and the only ones who benefit are those on subsidies.

I have had several friends in US say they thought they were voting for Nationalized Healthcare like us in Canada but what they got was nothing of the sort.

This is way off topic and no further comment from me.