Lunar Eclipse

Rasseru

When? I wonder if I have done my time zone translation correctly -- and this is an invitation to anyone to tell me I have or haven't. My efforts suggest the lunar eclipse will occur tomorrow morning between roughly 6 and 7.

Where? The eclipse itself will be in the sky of course, but I would be curious to know if anyone thinks they have a particularly great place from which to view it.

Ta is right, it's a holy day, Makha Buchah Day. Form Wiki I grabbed this...

"Makha Bucha falls on the full moon in February and commemorates the spontaneous gathering of 1,250 people before the Buddha, which led to their ordination and subsequent enlightenment. At temples in Bangkok and throughout Thailand, Buddhists carry candles and circumambulate the main shrine three times in a clockwise direction."

So the full moon is necessary.

And as for the eclipse, it is happening between 3 n 4 am Sun - which is to say Sat night, betw 3 n 4 am. But look out... the Hmo Du's are predicting chaotic times ahead for Thailand based on lunar events !!

Read the article

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/03Mar2007_news02.php

.... I'm off to set the alarm clock. Why not get up to see it ??? And then back to sleep till 11 am !

Thanks to all for your advice, but I am glad I went with my original calculation, based on translating to local time the GMT information I had found on the BBC site (already it as it happens), rather than the 3 AM to 4 AM variant information. Bad enough getting up at 5 after four hours sleep! The moon has been slowing gettin' et by the earth's shadow since I started watching, and is now almost gone . . .

I just saw the eclipse up here in Chiang Mai or at least the moon going into eclipse. I think the sun will be out before it starts to come out again. I am glad I was awake... it really didn't start until 4:20 up here and only now is fully eclipsed at 5:50 am. March 19th at 7am is the solar eclipse and will be checking that out as well. Thanks for the tip it was worth it.

"Thanks to all for your advice, but I am glad I went with my original calculation, based on translating to local time the GMT information I had found on the BBC site (already it as it happens), rather than the 3 AM to 4 AM variant information."

Too true. Too true. I looked. I waited n looked again, then figured you were probably right and called it a night. So much for Thai astrological calculations. I've seen one b4 and as I figure it..... I can imagine the moon disappearing myself so.......

whaddya gonna do ???

DO not stare into the Sola Eclipse As it will bind you . due to the strong light .

SO get your protective gear or view it in directly from the reflection of a Pot of water - viewing it a Binocular is sucide .

Good luck and enjoy the esclipse

DO not stare into the Sola Eclipse As it will bind you . due to the strong light .

SO get your protective gear or view it in directly from the reflection of a Pot of water - viewing it a Binocular is sucide .

Good luck and enjoy the esclipse

Looking through a cd is a good way of seeing it clearly but without blinding you. I don't mean look through the hole in the centre either!!!

:o