Big Bike driver dies after slamming into cement truck in Thalang

webfact

Big Bike driver dies after slamming into cement truck in Thalang

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHOTOS: Kusoldharm

S__31801356.jpgFoundation

A big bike driver has died after his bike crashed, at speed, into the back wheels of a cement truck over the weekend in Thalang.

Emergency responders were notified of the accident on Thepkrasattri Road, northbound in Thalang at 4.30pm on Saturday.

Emergency responders arrived to find the cement truck in the middle of the road. Near the back wheel of the truck they found a completely wrecked BMW CB500x with Phuket registration plates.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/big-bike-driver-dies-after-slamming-into-cement-truck-in-thalang

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-04-01

Living in phuket a decade i see that in motorbike accidents its 50 percent got what they deserve and 50 percent got vehicular manslaughter by neglegent vans,and buses and taxi.

This is a guy who probobly got what he deserved

Sounds pretty heartless ,but i am not bothered too much as long as he did not suffer.

I feel bad for the cement truck driver though.

And as usual the onlookers look pretty amused too.

Its just a day in a life in phuket.

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Why, feel back for the cement truck driver?

It would appear that the cement truck was making a U-Turn from the left lane, cutting across the road and across the path of the Motorcycle...  

Although from the damage it would appear that the Motorcycle was going quickly, the truck cut across it. 

Why feel bad for someone who's caused the death of someone else? Feel bad for the friends and family of the deceased instead !!... 

Wow you figure that all out just from a photo?  ????

• Like 2

18 hours ago, quadperfect said:

Living in phuket a decade i see that in motorbike accidents its 50 percent got what they deserve and 50 percent got vehicular manslaughter by neglegent vans,and buses and taxi.

Sounds pretty heartless ,but i am not bothered too much as long as he did not suffer.

Looking at the photos, it looks more like the cement truck cut in front of the rider... it's quite a typical occurrence here to see trucks suddenly pulling onto a u-turn from the leftmost lane without looking in their mirrors.. 

• Like 1

coming to a junction like this I would have slowed down in preparation to stop especially if the was a truck to the far left looking like they were about to do something stupid, in saying that - it is obvious the truck was in the wrong lane to perform a u- turn and pulled across the road in front of the bike rider 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It would appear that the cement truck was making a U-Turn from the left lane, cutting across the road and across the path of the Motorcycle...

Perhaps the cement truck driver was aware of the turning radius of his vehicle, checked his mirrors, didn't see anything nearby and made his move?

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

How would you complete a U turn if you drove a large vehicle? 

Oh wait yes you would hug the right lane then turn and then do a 7 point turn as you couldn't complete it in one! But you couldn't because the guy behind is right up your ****. 

When you see a large vehicle slowing in the left lane with a right turn signal flashing at a designated and signed U-Turn. What would you suspect the vehicle of doing? It is not a question of suspecting the unexpected it is about anticipating the expected. Plus if one is on a bike one has to expect that the driver has not seen you.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, The Theory said:

I see only 2 red springs. ????

Is this better?

1554096419_1-org.jpg

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Near the back wheel of the truck they found a completely wrecked BMW

The front tire has been separated from the wheel. 

Edited by Old Croc

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

This is where the accident occurred.

u turn.JPG

Note there are two dedicated U-turn lanes, but no indication whether either party were in their correct lane at the time.

i've seen this design in many province it seem to be the norm design for Thailand. I don't think this photo was taken at the actually accident time but so common see on the far right lane what is the purpose of having two right lanes destination for U-Turns yet the far right one has been coned off? Then you got the second U-turn lane left for U-turns only but cars are able to continue straight which is what the silver truck ahead did?

Recently a Department of Transport head designer said "  this is nothing wrong with road designs in Thailand "  

Not sure what the truck position was but from looking at the photo, the bike is nearly crashed upright which only indicates the high speed of travel by the biker. Never seen at a accident any police showing any ability to determine the fault except taking out a can of while paint and circling the bike?

Edited by thailand49

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Why, feel back for the cement truck driver?

Although from the damage it would appear that the Motorcycle was going quickly, the truck cut across it. 

Why feel bad for someone who's caused the death of someone else? Feel bad for the friends and family of the deceased instead !!... 

I don't know who reports these accidents but its obvious that the bike has gone into the side of the cab as the impact has taken the tyre off!

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

i've seen this design in many province it seem to be the norm design for Thailand. I don't think this photo was taken at the actually accident time but so common see on the far right lane what is the purpose of having two right lanes destination for U-Turns yet the far right one has been coned off? Then you got the second U-turn lane left for U-turns only but cars are able to continue straight which is what the silver truck ahead did?

Recently a Department of Transport head designer said "  this is nothing wrong with road designs in Thailand "  

Not sure what the truck position was but from looking at the photo, the bike is nearly crashed upright which only indicates the high speed of travel by the biker. Never seen at a accident any police showing any ability to determine the fault except taking out a can of while paint and circling the bike?

Thew far right one is for motorbikes.

6 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Wow you figure that all out just from a photo?  ????

He probably figured it out by reading the link.

On not seeing a comment to support wrongdoing by the cement truck driver, when reading the OP, I said to myself... self, the information must be in the link... why not have a look rather than sling off at another poster.... and low... right there in the link;

The truck driver was taken to the Thalang Police Station where he is facing charges of reckless driving causing death.

1 hour ago, baz69er said:

But there are two U-Turn lanes so if the bike was in the far right lane he should be also  have been doing the U-turn and going virtually the same speed as the truck. 

If the bike was doing the U-turn and there were cones then he was in the wrong when he basically got run over by the rear wheels of the truck.

But it was a big hit to knock off the front tire.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2019 at 2:12 PM, webfact said:

completely wrecked BMW CB500x

so this is in fact one Honda and one BMW big bikes that collided and created one new custom model. :clap2:

I can't feel bad anymore for the dead, there is just too much bloodshed, like some endless middle eastern war.   

We love to bash Thais, but just watch ferangs wordwide at traffic islands. We know someone will cut in, wrong lane ect , but many just blaze in and blast horn . Me i just hang back as if in Thailand . its going to happen so stay frosty.!.[emoji1509]‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

6 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Note there are two dedicated U-turn lanes, but no indication whether either party were in their correct lane at the time.

Maybe the cement truck even used on of the two left lanes to start the turn why he would be charged for reckless driving.

Would he have used the second lane from the center this accident could only have happened if the bike rider did a ridiculous maneuver.

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 4/1/2019 at 3:04 PM, quadperfect said:

Your comments get what they "deserve". Scorn. Pity. Deletion.

On 4/1/2019 at 3:04 PM, quadperfect said:

The way cement truck drivers drive when I read the story my bet was a U-Turn without checking for clearance by the cement truck. Then I read the full story. My earlier guess was confirmed. Cement truck drivers are the very worst cowboy drivers on the road as far as I am concerned. RIP BMW rider.

On 4/1/2019 at 2:42 PM, LivinginKata said:

'Crashed at speed'  - looks like at high speed. BMW bike just in bits.

Its never the speed that kills - it's the sudden stop ...

RIP