Theresa May to ask EU for further Brexit extension

webfact

22 minutes ago, aright said:

The study by YouGov asked voters “if Britain has not agreed a deal by April 12th, what do you think should happen?”.

On BBC news it's reported that money markets believe a deal will be done.

Another day of twists and turns (some of them U shaped).  Another day of hot air and squirming by the MP's. Another day of dodgy statistics and cut and paste posts.  Another day of pundits polishing their balls (crystal ones obviously) and another day of waiting to see in which direction we will be facing tomorrow.

Endless interviews with the same faces who will be spurting the same diatribe they always do.  No more chanting of "Brexit means Brexit" or "we are leaving on the 29th March"  though.  It is all about "looking at where we are now...."  By bringing Corbyn into the mix, May has made Brexit party political.  Maybe that is her plan.  A sort of threat to the Brexiteers in the Tory party to get HER deal passed before it becomes Labour's Brexit.  Who knows? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, aright said:

Every English and Welsh region outside the M25 is happy to leave the European Union without a deal if no agreement can be reached by the end of next week.

The study by YouGov asked voters “if Britain has not agreed a deal by April 12th, what do you think should happen?”.

The research found that only people living in London did not want to leave without a deal.

In London 48 per cent of voters agreed that “Britain should withdraw our application to leave and remain in the EU” against 26pc who backed leaving without a deal.

The picture was reversed outside London however. In the rest of the South of England 44pc were in favour of no-deal against 34pc who wanted to revoke the decision to leave.

In the Midlands and Wales the proportion in favour of no-deal was 46pc – 31pc, and 41pc – 34pc in the North of England.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/04/03/english-welsh-voters-outside-m25-back-leaving-eu-immediately/

Our sovereign govt wont take any notice,and the EU wont of had any say,now isnt that hust great

Cox saying that a customs union would be workable and Hammond saying that a confirmation referendum was a "perfectly credible proposition."  At last some of the big guns are starting to raise their heads above the parapets.  It won't bring any sort of unity, in fact it will cause even more fighting within the Tory party, but at least people are finally getting off of the fence.

It seems to me the EU comprised of Merkel, Tusk, Junker, Barnier and verhofstadt et al in collusion with May and other remainer MPs are all trying to find a way to keep the UK inside the EU while pretty much pulling a fast one on all the people. Their thinking is how do you we keep the UK in the EU without pissing off all the Brexiteers who voted to leave? It's being done in little steps with all these meaningless indicative votes and temporary delays to leave and the referendum result is being slowly whittled away, reversed and stolen.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2019 at 6:15 AM, vogie said:

Asking for help from the leader of the opposition who she and her party described as a threat to national security. I just hope that there is some method in her madness.

JC,   should tell our PM,   to  boff,  and enjoy seing her rot . a slow death .

23 minutes ago, FarangDoingHisThing69 said:

Leave means leave. Stop the charade. Drinking foreign wine, pretending to be doing any legislating. The queen should dissolve this pathetic government and start elections on April 13th. Let the crown hold power for 9 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Exactly.  The Queen can see what is best for the country, and knows the respect with which the monarchy is held.  She (amongst others) can say "You're wrong.  You've made a mistake.  We're not doing that"; but perhaps she alone can get away with doing that.  And if she can't, then her time is past.  

Personally, I have faith in the Queen and the loyal British people

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Exactly.  The Queen can see what is best for the country, and knows the respect with which the monarchy is held.  She (amongst others) can say "You're wrong.  You've made a mistake.  We're not doing that"; but perhaps she alone can get away with doing that.  And if she can't, then her time is past.  

Personally, I have faith in the Queen and the loyal British people

The Queen is in no fit state to do anything at 92 years old

2 minutes ago, bartender100 said:

The Queen is in no fit state to do anything at 92 years old

You know nothing.  Dear Tuan Mahatir is as sharp as a pint of Harp despite his tremendous experience and seniority, and there is no reason to doubt that our Dear Old Queen is his equal.\

No doubt she is too frail to change the tyre on a stranded land-rover, but we are none of us as young as we once were.  She has far more experience of difficult situations than any of the transients in the House of Commons, but for constitutional reasons I do hope that we do not have to fall back on her common sense, experience and wisdom.  On the other hand, I am confident that should we have to, she will lead us well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You know nothing.  Dear Tuan Mahatir is as sharp as a pint of Harp despite his tremendous experience and seniority, and there is no reason to doubt that our Dear Old Queen is his equal.\

No doubt she is too frail to change the tyre on a stranded land-rover, but we are none of us as young as we once were.  She has far more experience of difficult situations than any of the transients in the House of Commons, but for constitutional reasons I do hope that we do not have to fall back on her common sense, experience and wisdom.  On the other hand, I am confident that should we have to, she will lead us well.

The constitution, the current structure of governments, private land ownership in all of GB, is all due to the crown voluntary devolving those powers. It can be returned at any point. This option is always on the table, no matter what anyone may claim about “universal rights to democracy” or voting.

This is a case where the options of “representative” (of what the media says you should think..) democracy have run its course. I see no end, except punishing those in power with joblessness and a ban on public service, so a new generation can try to push this flaccid institution into efficiency.

The same could be said of another country, located on the other side of the earth. Sometimes it requires a strong monarch to remind people of the value of their vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, FarangDoingHisThing69 said:

The constitution, the current structure of governments, private land ownership in all of GB, is all due to the crown voluntary devolving those powers. It can be returned at any point. This option is always on the table, no matter what anyone may claim about “universal rights to democracy” or voting.

This is a case where the options of “representative” (of what the media says you should think..) democracy have run its course. I see no end, except punishing those in power with joblessness and a ban on public service, so a new generation can try to push this flaccid institution into efficiency.

The same could be said of another country, located on the other side of the earth. Sometimes it requires a strong monarch to remind people of the value of their vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

We are fortunate that we have the Queen to save us.  
It seems to me that the time is coming soon for her intervention, if her Prime Minister cannot bring the country together.  
To be honest, and you know my views, if the Queen came up with a plan for Brexit, I would go for that.  It seems the House of Clowns cannot even agree on Charlie Chaplin hats or Red Noses.

And that is the biggest disaster of this whole farce.  The British people has lost confidence in parliament as an institution and that is not going to be resolved easily.

Poverty, international irrelevace - we can cope with that.  Racism, and intolerance - well that MIGHT not affect me too much.  But the sovereignty of parliament?  That's not the Britain I know.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, billd766 said:

The queen is still working at age 92.

How about you?

She is far smarter than the majority of people in the UK, especially that idiots running the government and most of the MPs that reside at the HoC.

She has listened, watched, given and taken advice and made her own judgements since 1952 and outlasted 12 Prime Ministers. She has 67 years of experience which is a lot more than you or I have.

At such a payment I would also find it difficult to stop myself working ...

On 4/3/2019 at 6:58 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Yesterday I read an article that more and more Europeans, and especially European politicians, are by now completely fed-up with May and UK Brexit politics.

Imagine these Brits would stay in the EU, that would be a total nightmare.

Please go! Anyway you want, just go!

Wow , that really is a  blow to the Thai expat brexitears ,  on TVF.

Return sovereignty ,  our German Royal heritage , forever.

Edited by elliss
  • Haha 1