EU to agree Brexit delay but France pushes for conditions

webfact

On 4/10/2019 at 10:05 AM, geoffbezoz said:

It has been said that people don't understand Thai democracy so surely the same could be said for EU democracy ????

can not compare apples and oranges

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vogie said:

They called it a guillotine extension, if a deal is agreed????, it would be sooner, but we still have to go through the rigmarole of EU elections.????

Well I expect the Tories know better than waste their time and resources contesting them...

animated-laughing-image-0182.gif.63d4a55b5457433c6b353a7a9b8484b5.gif

6 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

can not compare apples and oranges

Understanding of different ideologies is not a fair comparison with apples and oranges. Apples and oranges are vegetable objects ( as in animal, vegetable or mineral) , an ideology is an abstract thought process.  Therefore the  example of my statement is a sound argument as they are both ideologies so hence comparisons are valid.

Edited by geoffbezoz
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

Why are you trying to derail this topic, it is about brexit and not your interpretation of the war.

The suggestion was made that France "owes" the UK some kind of fair treatment. I'm simply pointing out that France has no historical debt to the UK whatsoever. To the contrary, the UK is responsible for a great many of France's current problems. If they were truly trying to get revenge, they would be more than justified. But as I pointed out, this whole thing is nothing but theater to try and pressure the Brits to agree to a no Brexit Brexit or cancel Brexit altogether as quickly as possible. None of these threats are real. 

17 minutes ago, usviphotography said:

The suggestion was made that France "owes" the UK some kind of fair treatment. I'm simply pointing out that France has no historical debt to the UK whatsoever. To the contrary, the UK is responsible for a great many of France's current problems. If they were truly trying to get revenge, they would be more than justified. But as I pointed out, this whole thing is nothing but theater to try and pressure the Brits to agree to a no Brexit Brexit or cancel Brexit altogether as quickly as possible. None of these threats are real. 

How is the UK is responsible for a great many of France's current problems? Do tell (in detail).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, usviphotography said:

Again, astonishing revisionist history at it's best, or should I say worst?

Who do you think (after the United States) made up the bulk of the troops that liberated the French from their German occupiers in 1944? Who housed their anti-Nazi statesmen in exile for the duration of the war, and who helped perhaps more than any other nation to equip, accommodate and redeploy her 'free forces'?

This doesn't mean that the French 'owe' us so to speak, just as you don't expect a friend to repay you after you free them from continued subjugation in any form, other than, perhaps - in kind, if the tables were turned.  But it should at least be remembered that Britain and our allies were responsible for the liberation of France and that the UK played a pivotal part in this in the form of our role in Operation Overlord/Bodyguard as I previously mentioned. Some French are awfully proud people and it does often seem by their tone and subsequent political actions since the 50s, that they would rather conveniently forget this episode of their recent history and our role in it. I don't wish to turn this thread into a debate on the detail of WWII, you started that and I simply took you to task on your nonsense, but now you're making the case that some how we owe France and are responsible for the mess they find themselves in!? Pray tell, how exactly ? I'm waiting with bated breath, as are a few others I'm sure...

This should be good ????

Edited by CanterbrigianBangkoker
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

After you tell, in detail, how the EU is responsible for a great many of France’s, Portugal’s and the UK’s problems. Plus Venezuela, global warming and the declining Mars population. 

I asked first and the question was not put to you.

However, on the Mars question I can help - it requires extensive global warming.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Europe stands united! 

SHOULD READ:

'Europe's unelected, dictatorial, elitist bureaucrats stand united' ... but please, by all means keep deluding yourself if it gets to you sleep quicker! ???? 

The 'European dream' is dead sir and rigormotis has set in. We all hoped Brexit would be the banner that similarly disillusioned publics would rally to. The autocrats know this and also understand that if the UK is allowed to leave and propser on it's own terms then the pretence is over and it's the end of the EU for good, which is of course one of the main reasons why they along with the contingent of traitorous MPs in our own HoP are doing everything they can to frustrate Brexit.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/16/across-europe-disillusioned-voters-turn-to-outsiders

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/may/14/europeans-disillusioned-divided-debt-crisis

https://www.politico.eu/article/italy-plans-to-blow-up-brussels-eu-5star-movement-league-coalition/

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/economics-and-finance/italy-and-the-eu-there-is-no-good-outcome-from-here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

SHOULD READ:

'Europe's unelected, dictatorial, elitist bureaucrats stand united' ... but please, by all means keep deluding yourself if it gets to you sleep quicker! ???? 

The 'European dream' is dead sir and rigormotis has set in. We all hoped Brexit would be the banner that similarly disillusioned publics would rally to. The autocrats know this and also understand that if the UK is allowed to leave and propser on it's own terms then the pretence is over and it's the end of the EU for good, which is of course one of the main reasons why they along with the contingent of traitorous MPs in our own HoP are doing everything they can to frustrate Brexit.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/16/across-europe-disillusioned-voters-turn-to-outsiders

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/may/14/europeans-disillusioned-divided-debt-crisis

https://www.politico.eu/article/italy-plans-to-blow-up-brussels-eu-5star-movement-league-coalition/

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/economics-and-finance/italy-and-the-eu-there-is-no-good-outcome-from-here

If a dream is dead then it’s the far-right’s dream of Brexit. You’ve done a great job to bring us all together even closer. You cannot stop Europe. In fact, Europe is a fact. That’s why Brexit isn’t working. You cannot unwind what has been coalescing over decades. We are one Europe. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

If a dream is dead then it’s the far-right’s dream of Brexit. You’ve done a great job to bring us all together even closer. You cannot stop Europe. In fact, Europe is a fact. That’s why Brexit isn’t working. You cannot unwind what has been coalescing over decades. We are one Europe. 

So, as per usual, I notice you don't respond to any of the reporting and hard info that runs totally contrary to your deluded view, typical. It's easier to live in a fantasy land isn't it? ????

Failing currency, failing economies, stangnating trade bloc - slowest growing of anywhere on earth, less and less direct democracy, ever angrier and dissilusioned populaces and the rise of far right and far left factions borne of the exact same political turmoil and lack of democracy. A veritable utopia!

I will look you up in a few years when the EU is being dismantled and the public have righfully gone ahead and torn it down and hopefully replaced it with self-governing, newly empowered nations with their own law-making and currency autonomy. 

Cheers! ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

The euro imo is responsible fir spain..portugal..italy abd greece's woes.
If they had stayed with theur own currencys..eg..spain= the peseta..these countries would have had a chance of kick-starting their respective economys..but with the euro..seems to me that germany is the only eu country to have done well.
But then..the euro was yet another step towards the united states of europe.

Ps..I really hope that the USA wipe the floor with the eu re the trade war
Cheers [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

After you tell, in detail, how the EU is responsible for a great many of France’s, Portugal’s and the UK’s problems. Plus Venezuela, global warming and the declining Mars population. 

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

Just until the USA start to wipe the floor with the eu in the ongoing trade war.
Ps you mean the eu stands united..there are 51 countries in europe!!@

You really think anyone of us would conspire with the Brexit bully boys? We are with our British friends and will give them all the time they need to overcome this crisis. Europe stands united! 
523FD8F2-BD29-4160-831E-BE7847F67B00.jpeg.b34a0dbe3ae036c129b451bbf4f0bdd9.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

You really think anyone of us would conspire with the Brexit bully boys? We are with our British friends and will give them all the time they need to overcome this crisis. Europe stands united! 

The mind boggles :blink:

Image result for lots of trolls!

1 hour ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

So, as per usual, I notice you don't respond to any of the reporting and hard info that runs totally contrary to your deluded view, typical. It's easier to live in a fantasy land isn't it? ????

By “reporting and hard info” you mean news articles from 2013? ???? 

Maybe look out of your window today and embrace reality. But I guess it’s easier to stay in a fantasy land made up of old news articles and clutching at straws ????

1 hour ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

I will look you up in a few years when the EU is being dismantled

It’s already “a few years” after your 2013-news that you posted above. Still alive and kicking. Brexit-Britain not so ????

28 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

By “reporting and hard info” you mean news articles from 2013? ???? 

Maybe look out of your window today and embrace reality. But I guess it’s easier to stay in a fantasy land made up of old news articles and clutching at straws ????

It’s already “a few years” after your 2013-news that you posted above. Still alive and kicking. Brexit-Britain not so ????

Flawed and inane arguments once again. :sleepy:

Are you trying to tell me that the issues that these reports raise from 2013-2018 are irrevelant or have gone away or improved? They have not, in fact to the contrary, they have worsened as have the divides within European nations. Britain being at the forefront at the moment. I didn't even reference Poland or Hungary and the issues they face either.

Four reports from credible enough sources, two that date from 2013/14 and two that are from last year - which give a bit of an idea of the time-frame of this shift in political feeling and it's trajectory, but I referenced them as evidence that proves your propaganda of European nations being 'united' as totally erroneous. No refutation from you once again!

Of course Europe is still 'alive and kicking', I hope it always will remain so, the EU on the other hand, is, I think it's fair to say - in its death throws. You only need to survey the news coming out of the continent inattentively to gauge that... and of course not have blinkers on. ????

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

Are you trying to tell me that the issues that these reports raise from 2013-2018 are irrevelant or have gone away or improved?

You are clutching straws. Since decades you jump at every minor problem a country has and every far-right votes increase to tell us the end of the EU is near. But your predictions keep failing. 

Get real. No country would be stupid enough to see in leaving the EU a solution to their homemade issues. No country would be stupid enough to create even more and bigger problems by going through an exit. You can only be stupid by asking those that don’t have a clue, the electorate. 

The sixth biggest economy of trying since three years to leave. If anything, they will leave with a customs union and everyone scratching their heads and asking: what’s the point? 

The EU is too big to fail. The EU is too entangled to leave.