'Very ill' Brit tourist, 25, stranded in Thai hospital as family appeal for help

webfact

6 hours ago, smedly said:

you seem to be fixated spamming posting trolling this stuff day after day on thread after thread, what exactly is your agenda, may I suggest you create your own thread and see if anyone actually wants to discuss it 

do you even live in Thailand ?

I suspect not

This girl is a tourist - she is not an expat - she was not living here - she was on holiday

She's been here 4 years.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On her IG..she appears to be suffering from anorexia. 

No excuse to be travelling without travel insurance.  If you can't afford the insurance, you can't afford to travel.  Don't get caught up in the "It can't/won't happen to me" syndrome. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, smedly said:

travel insurance is time limited, people on extended holidays (6+ months) may have started their trip with insurance but it expired after 3/6 months

So you go online and extend the coverage date. Takes all of 5 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rather strange???
Mate of mine over here flew to the USA where he'll be for coupla months..then he's off to Oz for few months then back here.
Good quality comprehensive travel and h/care bought here on line..a 5.minute pc job.

oh yes they are - I live here and would not qualify for travel insurance

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

I wish her the best of health but why do idiots like her travel without any insurance.?

Even if she had travel insurance, every short term policy I used to take out ( I since stopped taking them out) only paid by reimbursement to you after you filed/submitted the claim.  So even if you had insurance the money to you could be a long time in coming.  I never found a single one that would directly reimburse the Thai hospital.  I am from the USA.  I have heard that there are some international or UK offered travel insurance that might reimburse the hospitals directly, but I have no direct knowledge of that.

• Like 2

Quoted from gofundme.com page

This update is in response to some comments being made about Rebekah’s situation regarding insurance. 

Rebekah has always been responsible and covered by insurance when travelling, and believe me I know, because I have paid for most of it. 

Her current insurance became invalid recently due to her immigration status in Thailand as she has a NON-IMM visa with the right to work. I am led to believe that her work permit, which was due to be granted this week, would’ve entitled her to medical care in Thailand but sadly we were a week short.
Thanks James.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Rather strange???
Mate of mine over here flew to the USA where he'll be for coupla months..then he's off to Oz for few months then back here.
Good quality comprehensive travel and h/care bought here on line..a 5.minute pc job.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I had a 12 month travel insurance policy that covered me for trips max duration 3 months, under special arrangements they would extend to 6 months

Edited by smedly

1 hour ago, Riker65 said:

She took the gamble to travel without medical coverage, that's  unfortunate, just like some YouTube vloggers have and now are asking other people is pay for the mistake they made, trying to protect the assets they have by soliciting other peoples money, the dad in this case needs to step up and provide financial help, sale car, take a loan out, remortgage the house, my GOD this is your daughter.   

Yep, either he is understating the severity of his daughter's illness and not moving quickly?