Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Talia traded to Sydney...

have to trust the boffins at Sydney on this one... And <deleted> knows we need a few KPDs..

But if he did pass on match info.. hmm

Good move by Harley and Beatson...

I think the Bulldogs carried on a little bit too much about the info being given out.

I've no doubt the brothers Shaw talked all the time - probably the reason why we got our &lt;deleted&gt; handed to us by Collingwood up until a few years back when... No wait... I need to go out and by some more aluminum foil :P

• Like 1

Awwwww WILL..............your ex coach is due for a good year sooner or later and since it wasn't sooner it WILL be later, 3rd time lucky you know, somewhere in the 10 to 12 win range is expected not just by me but they publicly have stated finals next season.....i think yeah well but mid table for sure, things will start to click....watch out for Viney, showing elite signs by seasons end, ( I'm telling you again, he's old man was a gun, one of the most consistent on ballers during Northey"s time, 10 solid years and the son has got the same in him) our the on ball brigade are no where as bad as ladder position dictates, a couple of over valued players like Frawley and Howe gone, don't know much about this Kennedy who did nothing at the Pies but the guys down at Jolimont recon they were eyeing him off in the draft 3 years back still think he's got what it takes.

The clean out of the playing group is over, smarter men are running the club now there looking for tougher minds and they have said that, Howe nice to watch was as loose as an anorexica's clothes, put 500 big ones on himself to stay woods are paying him 350 and moving him up to the wing.

Frawley took all year to get going at the Hawks sure he played 3 classy finals games and thats how he was with us, long periods of averageness.

Another 2 low draft pics this season....watch this space.

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 2

Awwwww WILL..............your ex coach is due for a good year sooner or later and since it wasn't sooner it WILL be later, 3rd time lucky you know, somewhere in the 10 to 12 win range is expected not just by me but they publicly have stated finals next season.....i think yeah well but mid table for sure, things will start to click....watch out for Viney, showing elite signs by seasons end, ( I'm telling you again, he's old man was a gun, one of the most consistent on ballers during Northey"s time, 10 solid years and the son has got the same in him) our the on ball brigade are no where as bad as ladder position dictates, a couple of over valued players like Frawley and Howe gone, don't know much about this Kennedy who did nothing at the Pies but the guys down at Jolimont recon they were eyeing him off in the draft 3 years back still think he's got what it takes.

The clean out of the playing group is over, smarter men are running the club now there looking for tougher minds and they have said that, Howe nice to watch was as loose as an anorexica's clothes, put 500 big ones on himself to stay woods are paying him 350 and moving him up to the wing.

Frawley took all year to get going at the Hawks sure he played 3 classy finals games and thats how he was with us, long periods of averageness.

Another 2 low draft pics this season....watch this space.

It wouldn't surprise me if Essendon were there.

Give me your bottom 4 AlexRRR.

Only 5 months to go until the season starts again....

Too early for predictions?

What about predictions for the bottom 4?

Mine are (not in order), Carlton, Brisbane, Saints and Melbourne.

I hate picking bottom 4s, but difficult to argue with what you have here. Essendon would have to be contender

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Gee pressure from WILL..........i have no idea.....but you won't leave me alone till i cough up the 4 so here goes...

CARLTON, BRISBANE, ESSENDON and GOLD COAST.

And I'm tipping both Crows and Bulldogs not to make the 8 and don't ask me who will replace them...

Don't forget to get everyone else in here to put up there 2 cents worth and record it so we can have a good laugh end of next season.

Whoa! Big call on Gold Coast I'd be tempted to put a few bucks on them making top 4 next year. They had a heap of injuries this year and they will have a soft draw.

I reckon the Doggies will be top 8, but I agree about Adelaide.

Geelong to make top 8, a well a most likely GWS or GC

Gee pressure from WILL..........i have no idea.....but you won't leave me alone till i cough up the 4 so here goes...

And I'm tipping both Crows and Bulldogs not to make the 8 and don't ask me who will replace them...

Don't forget to get everyone else in here to put up there 2 cents worth and record it so we can have a good laugh end of next season.

Whoa! Big call on Gold Coast I'd be tempted to put a few bucks on them making top 4 next year. They had a heap of injuries this year and they will have a soft draw.

If history repeats its self when a team goes up the ladder in a hurry under a new coach they often fall flat on there face next the next season.....so goodbye doggies

Crows will start again under a new coach, everything changes once again...good bye crows

BIG improvers for 2016.......Demons

Coach of the year.........Paul Roos

Biggest underachievers of 2016..........Gold Coast

Shoot themselves in the foot award for 2016.....................already won by the Saints.

Brownlow for 2016................. Buddy Franklin....hes my man...the best footballer on the planet.

GOING UP

Dees, Pies, Tigers, Cats & Giants

STAY PUT

Freo, WCE, Blues, Lions, Suns & Boombers

GOING DOWN DOWN

Hawks, Power, Crows & Dogs

HOVERING

North, Saints & Swans

Your report please WILL.

• Like 2

Well i would agree with you on GC, i recon Eade is a super coach, but me thinks something is not well there, hopefully Eade has worked it out sorted it out and realistically should be in the bottom 4 of the eight, since i can't see anyone dropping other than the Saints GC stay 4th last, the teams just above, Dees Pies Giants and Cats are all in for a big improve i think next season that leaves Port for the big drop and there not that bad...frustrating yes but not that bad.

• Like 1

If history repeats its self when a team goes up the ladder in a hurry under a new coach they often fall flat on there face next the next season.....so goodbye doggies

Crows will start again under a new coach, everything changes once again...good bye crows

BIG improvers for 2016.......Demons

Coach of the year.........Paul Roos

Biggest underachievers of 2016..........Gold Coast

Shoot themselves in the foot award for 2016.....................already won by the Saints.

Brownlow for 2016................. Buddy Franklin....hes my man...the best footballer on the planet.

GOING UP

Dees, Pies, Tigers, Cats & Giants

STAY PUT

Freo, WCE, Blues, Lions, Suns & Boombers

GOING DOWN DOWN

Hawks, Power, Crows & Dogs

HOVERING

North, Saints & Swans

Your report please WILL.

Nice work AlexRRR.

My improvers, including this years ladder position are, Geelong (10), GC (16) and Collingwood (12).

Around the same, Carlton (18), Brisbane (17), WB (6), North (8), Essendon (15), St's (14), GWS (11), WCE (2), Hawks (3), Port (9), Syd (4), Melb (13).

Sliders, Freo (1), Rich (5) and Ade (7).

I expect Geelong and Collingwood to replace Richmond and Ade in the 8.

Freo to still finish top 6, just not first.

Richmond to miss the 8 and Hardwick gorn.

If Collingwood doesn't make the 8, especially after their trade period, Buckley under huge pressure to keep his job.

Big improvers GC - If not, Rocket gorn.

Coach of the year - Clarkson for 4 premierships in a row.

Biggest underchievers - Richmond - seeya Damien.

Brownlow - Dangerfield.

Come on boys, jump on board.

• Like 2

Matthew Pavlich will play on in 2016.

Club captain and games record holder Matthew Pavlich has delighted Fremantle’s legion of fans by deciding to play on for his 17th AFL season in 2016.

Pavlich has extended his contract to the end of the 2016 AFL season after taking time away from the club to consider his future.

The 33-year-old has played 335 games and kicked 669 goals for the club since he was selected at pick 4 in the 1999 National Draft.

“While I can still play, I will choose to play,” Pavlich said.

“It’s a decision I took very seriously.

“Retiring and playing on were toing and froing in my mind.

“It didn’t necessarily come to me straight away.

“I had thorough discussions with Ross Lyon and Chris Bond and they were so supportive and gave me the time and space I needed.

“I needed to ensure the decision being made was the right one and it suited the football club, myself and my family.

“I had some really good conversations with my wife, Lauren, and, more recently, with my dad.

Pavlich thanked the club for allowing him several weeks following the end of the season to decide.

“To get the time away, get away from football, get away from Perth and really understand what I value and what I want to achieve in this last season was critical,” he said.

“I sincerely thank them.”

Pavlich said he weighed up whether he could physically and mentally play another gruelling season.

“Did I have the passion and desire to keep giving it my all? You can’t be half in in these circumstances,” he said.

“It was more about making the decision about whether or not I could go to the well again and how much water was in that well.

“There was a physical element to it and whether the body could keep going, but, clearly, mentally I needed to make the commitment in my own mind to go to the level I need to play this game.”

Fremantle’s general manager of player management Brad Lloyd said Pavlich’s decision was exciting for the club and its supporters.

"Matthew is a tremendous player and an outstanding leader,” Lloyd said.

“He has been a champion player for this club.

“The club was happy to afford Matthew the time to consider his decision and he is 100 per cent committed to playing on and we’re really excited about that."

Pavlich said the desire to win a premiership was fuelling him but equally was remaining part of the club he cherished.

“The ultimate aim of winning a premiership is the main drive and desire but so is being involved in an elite environment and helping young players, whether young forward or leaders,” he said.

“The young and up and coming team is very exciting and I still want to be part of that.

“I’ve never taken playing football for granted, it’s an honour and a privilege to pull on the Fremantle jumper every week.”

Pavlich said the result of the trade period had no bearing on his decision to play on.

His career-highlights include six All Australian guernseys, six Doig Medals, Life Membership of the AFL and Fremantle Dockers.

• Like 2

Some good news for farmerjo

Door left ajar for Majak as Roos confirm list changes

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-29/roo-harper-shown-the-door-in-latest-list-change-at-north

Yes,good newsbiggrin.png

Hasn't reached the heights expected with Brown coming along better.

Not sure where his court case is at.

Think clubs are waking up that you cant just have players in your system making up numbers.

Mind you a different coach and things could all change for him.

• Like 2

Some good news for farmerjo

Door left ajar for Majak as Roos confirm list changes

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-29/roo-harper-shown-the-door-in-latest-list-change-at-north

Yes,good newsbiggrin.png

Hasn't reached the heights expected with Brown coming along better.

Not sure where his court case is at.

Think clubs are waking up that you cant just have players in your system making up numbers.

Mind you a different coach and things could all change for him.

North have spoken to the pie manufacturer and the groups have agreed to the savoury treats being made up in the shape of a footy. Majak has been instructed to practice quick handballs of the pies to his family, with the family instructed to change their seating between each order to mix things up and get him thinking.

If any crowd member attempts to intercept the pie he is instructed to tackle, while delivering bottles of water by foot

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

Matthew Pavlich will play on in 2016.

Club captain and games record holder Matthew Pavlich has delighted Fremantles legion of fans by deciding to play on for his 17th AFL season in 2016.

Pavlich has extended his contract to the end of the 2016 AFL season after taking time away from the club to consider his future.

ThMembership of the AFL and Fremantle Dockers.

Freo needs someone up forward until they do a deal with GWS next season.

The big fella would have been disappointwd with his last quarter season this year. He struggled to mark or kick goals

• Like 1

The AFL has decided to have no games the week before the finals start in 2016.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-29/afl-fixture-no-games-week-before-finals-in-fixture-stunner

Here is the draw for 2016

http://www.afl.com.au/fixture

Geez, if you're a Swans supporter... You have to be happy with that draw! Surely a typo and Emperor McGuire's assistant will be fired tomorrow.. Only travelling to Perth once?

Hawks have done alright as well, the Perth teams probably copped the raw prawn though...

• Like 2

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-29/afl-fixture-no-games-week-before-finals-in-fixture-stunner

Geez, if you're a Swans supporter... You have to be happy with that draw! Surely a typo and Emperor McGuire's assistant will be fired tomorrow.. Only travelling to Perth once?

Hawks have done alright as well, the Perth teams probably copped the raw prawn though...

The only downside is they play Richmond twice with the final round of home and away at SCG. Richmond have won their last 2 encounters.

Two years in a row for the Grand Final to be played in October.

We did send jetta over there... So that counts as one trip
  • Like 1

WC have a tough draw.

I guess finishing second and playing off in the GF will do that to you.

• Like 1

We did send jetta over there... So that counts as one trip

Can we claim a trip for Sinkers?

• Like 1