Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Here's one for you Alex. ,Joel Macdonald, finished his AFL career at Melbourne, The 3 years he spent there were perfect for him,. He didn't have to perform on the field , so he could concentrate on his up coming business, with a couple of Melbourne player business associates.

From AFL star to Big Apple start-up, Swift's Joel MacDonald is kicking goals

Just two years ago Joel MacDonald was in Melbourne playing in the AFL.

Now he's living in New York playing a very different game, as chief executive and co-founder of a thriving logistics software start-up called Swift.

Logistics is a lot less sexy than footy, or the alcohol delivery start-up Liquorun, which MacDonald previously founded with two other Melbourne Football Club Players, James Strauss and Rohan Bail.

But as Liquorun grew, it became clear to MacDonald and his team where the greater prize lay.

"We started out delivering beer on scooters in inner Melbourne and it got to a stage where we were getting more orders, and I and our co-founders couldn't handle the dispatching anymore so we built Swift," MacDonald told Fairfax Media, visiting Sydney this week.

"When we introduced Swift to Liquorun some really incredible things started happening: customers just stopped complaining. Or at least, stopped calling up and saying, 'Hey, where's my order?

"We basically slashed about five jobs in our call centre."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/it-pro/business-it/from-afl-star-to-big-apple-startup-swifts-joel-macdonald-is-kicking-goals-20151103-gkq5y0.html#ixzz3rEAO9rnh

Edited by BookMan

Some AFL news, gees the Dees are getting a bit of press lately, Caroline Wilson ( a woman i would not want to meet let alone sleep with) reports the Dees will make a 500 grand profit this year, the usually tripe with details of who took over and what was cleaned out continues from this sheila's mouth...she proberbly would bite your dick off if she was going down on you.

She craps on about the Lions and Blues, obviously the Age are starved for any real news, ho a mention was made about signing up Hogan on a long term contract, i recon the Dees will offer this guy some sort of VERY long term contract in the region of 7 plus years...watch out for that, guys like him only turn up once every 10 or so years.

Leaving sweet Caroline Matt another age reporter jumps on the AKKer bandwagon, actually this Mat would make a good pollie ...says nothing for or against but rather spells out the guys credentials and there pretty dam good i might add and leaves it up to the public to email in there reaction.... As you can imagine the public has short memories and only recall his big mouth..

Blues will post 2 million dollar loss for the season....Micks on the Riviera i hear looking for an apartment over looking the water..the loss follows 1.6 million the previous year...that year Mick was looking for a chalet at Aspen, sounds like the Blues are in Deep shit every which way and signing a cheap coach might not have been the answer, letting a few to many players go smacks of Bailey back at Dee land but then we had been a finals team with aging rock stars who could have hung around to teach a few early picks how to do it...

• Like 2

s, ho a mention was made about signing up Hogan on a long term contract, i recon the Dees will offer this guy some sort of VERY long term contract in the region of 7 plus years...watch out for that, guys like him only turn up once every 10 or so years.

Rumour has it that Sydney has made an offer for Hogan, in a swap for Tippet and Sam Reid

• Like 1

Here's one for you Alex. ,Joel Macdonald, finished his AFL career at Melbourne, The 3 years he spent there were perfect for him,. He didn't have to perform on the field , so he could concentrate on his up coming business, with a couple of Melbourne player business associates.

From AFL star to Big Apple start-up, Swift's Joel MacDonald is kicking goals

Just two years ago Joel MacDonald was in Melbourne playing in the AFL.

Now he's living in New York playing a very different game, as chief executive and co-founder of a thriving logistics software start-up called Swift.

Logistics is a lot less sexy than footy, or the alcohol delivery start-up Liquorun, which MacDonald previously founded with two other Melbourne Football Club Players, James Strauss and Rohan Bail.

But as Liquorun grew, it became clear to MacDonald and his team where the greater prize lay.

"We started out delivering beer on scooters in inner Melbourne and it got to a stage where we were getting more orders, and I and our co-founders couldn't handle the dispatching anymore so we built Swift," MacDonald told Fairfax Media, visiting Sydney this week.

"When we introduced Swift to Liquorun some really incredible things started happening: customers just stopped complaining. Or at least, stopped calling up and saying, 'Hey, where's my order?

"We basically slashed about five jobs in our call centre."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/it-pro/business-it/from-afl-star-to-big-apple-startup-swifts-joel-macdonald-is-kicking-goals-20151103-gkq5y0.html#ixzz3rEAO9rnh

yes well.......say no more, good luck boys in your business, at the time all 3 were high draft pics and looked promising but if your focus is elsewhere then there you are.

• Like 1

s, ho a mention was made about signing up Hogan on a long term contract, i recon the Dees will offer this guy some sort of VERY long term contract in the region of 7 plus years...watch out for that, guys like him only turn up once every 10 or so years.

Rumour has it that Sydney has made an offer for Hogan, in a swap for Tippet and Sam Reid

You wish, truth is trade week is over for the year and the Swans can't dam afford him, your giving 10 million big ones to the best player on the planet.

As the Dogs did with there what was it 6 million dollar forward? Dees will tie up Hogan on a very long term contract and build a team around him, in particular we need and AFL will back us to have a personality to build public awareness/brand awareness even i think they should have let the Dees die and relocate because its BUSINESS as they did with the Swans and Lions the AFL for some reason think there should be a Melbourne named team in Melbourne....i strongly disagree...but I'm not disappointed and to confuse you even more i was for the merger with the Hawks voted for it and saw it as a backwards step that it didn't go through, why you ask? because its the 2000's might have been the 90's then, football is business, money makes it work and the Hawks at the time were well run even in those days, if you thinks the hawks have dominated the last 15 years the merger at the time would have reaped a few extra premierships, we had quite a few good players in this days too...

• Like 2

post-186435-0-33499100-1447359762_thumb.

Well its that time of the year and looks like the Dee's marketing men are out in force, another article in the big small paper again today, Natham Jones....you know him? Dee's captain the guy thats barley got any skin uncovered with blue ink has been immortalised in Hosier lane in the city of Melbourne with a muriel of him plastered all over a wall by his favourite tattoo artist, tried to copy it to show here but hmmmm apple pc I'm still coming to terms with so no can do....after viewing this ummm muriel i would not recommend Jones's tattoo man.

Jones goes on record saying making the finals is on the agenda declaring "a return to the top 8 in 2016 is not too far out of reach." The guy is honing his pr work for a future in parliament with a seat in Noble Park or Dandenong for The Labour party up for grabs in the 2024 state elections.

The Dee's have a new logo, i like it, simple and straight to the point, the previous one i liked also but thought it to busy and lets be honest good idea to discard it to the rubbish bin, came in on the back of the Jimmy Stynes years who the greatest footballer at least at the Dee's since Robbie was certainly no manger of a multi million dollar organisation, to think he asked Gary Lyon to help choose a new coach after the sacking of Dean Bailey, a media man, even if ex Dee captain, talking shit week in week out i mean come on...and we saw the result. hmmmm Apple has a mind of its own...the logo went to the top of the page...

Tigers post half a million big ones as profit.

Our Lord Mayor and only this week telling the world he will contest for a third term former Liberal pollie Robert Doyle has stated Etihad will be gone in 20 years, what a dick head, apparently it cuts off the CBD from the Docklands precinct, "i don't mind a stadium at the Docklands, its just we can't look down and see Western park" so there my friends it blocks the view for some of them expensive apartment owners so our mayor will make it his priority to have the stadium moved to near by Western Park, you heard it here first.

• Like 2

Best ever draft 40 to 31.

40-Gary Abblet jr..............274 games Cats/GC.....and still going,no need to say anything, Job Watson, Michael O'loughlin in fact a quite a few others there, pretty good number to get picked at at certainly better than pick 41....remember Clay?

39-Travis Cloke................233 games Woods.... and still going....i thought his brother better at first, lot of flac for this guy but hey...big strong and brings the ball down, id have him, Motlop and McPhee in there too.

38-Cameron Ling.....246 games...Cats... well great player in a great team great captain too, Fevola here too and that other carlton forward in Minton-Connell.

37-Leigh Montagna....249 game...Saints, highly decorated .

36-Sam Mitchell...285 games...Hawks and still going, 4 premiership medals and 6 best and fairest....GUN GUN GUN.

35-Chris Bond...163 games.... Blues...close to Dudd pick 41 but i heard of this guy, 18 players entered at this spot who played 16 games or less.....

34-Daryn Cresswell.....244 games ...Swans...shows cats here but I'm sure he was a swan...good solid player i recall, woods leon davis and craig kelly came in here too....now kelly i liked.

33-Shaun Hart.......273 games ...Lions ...2001 Norm smith medalist in the power Lion's teams, craig bolton jed adcock sam gilbert and lets not forget ex dee now a wood jeremy howe came in at this pick.

32-Dainiel Giansiracusa.........265 games...Bulldogs...now this guy slipped my radar...might have played that long cause they had no one else...think he will be over taken by Dee bernie vince in the near future or even kurt tippett.

31-Simon Black.....322 games ....Lions...yep a GUN and played in a gun team.

So what have we learned so far? picks 41 and 35 have curses thats what we have learned so far.

• Like 2

40-Gary Abblet jr..............274 games Cats/GC.....and still going,no need to say anything, Job Watson, Michael O'loughlin in fact a quite a few others there, pretty good number to get picked at at certainly better than pick 41....remember Clay?

34-Daryn Cresswell.....244 games ...Swans...shows cats here but I'm sure he was a swan...good solid player i recall, woods leon davis and craig kelly came in here too....now kelly i liked.

So what have we learned so far? picks 41 and 35 have curses thats what we have learned so far.

Ablett jnr and Jobe Watson were taken under father/son rules at the time....which distorts their true value.. Ablett would have gone top 5 if not for that. COuld have ended up at Hawthorn?

Cressy played all his game for the Swans

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Ablett jnr and Jobe Watson were taken under father/son rules at the time....which distorts their true value.. Ablett would have gone top 5 if not for that. COuld have ended up at Hawthorn?

Cressy played all his game for the Swans

Father son baaaaaa.....Abblet is pick 40 lucky for the Cats at the time, in fact i think father son should be automatic selections if both agreed on, the club just looses there last pick in the draft.

As for cress well....sharp eyed alex knew that he played for the red and white, that paper had him in the pussy hoops.

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1

Father son baaaaaa.....Abblet is pick 40 lucky for the Cats at the time, in fact i think father son should be automatic selections if both agreed on, the club just looses there last pick in the draft.

As for cress well....sharp eyed alex knew that he played for the red and white, that paper had him in the pussy hoops.

That was one of the issues why the AFL brought in the new points system for father/son and Academy players. In theory it puts a current market value on a player, though, it could be open to spiteful early bidding by rival clubs.

Sydney will be using their pick points on Callum Mills (Academy). Dunkley is another contender..though it seems he isn't keen to go to Sydney and hasn't nominated for father and son

Andrew Dunkley played 217 games for Sydney and had his career curtailed early (in his eyes) by Paul Roos. he retired in 2002 and has never been back to the club, not even fronting up for his hall of fame induction. Talk about harbouring a grudge!!

.A FALLING out between Hall of Fame fullback Andrew Dunkley and the Sydney Swans could cost the club the chance of signing his talented son Josh under the AFL's father and son rule.

Dunkley has not been back to the club since he retired in 2002 and chose not to attend his own induction into the Swans' Hall of Fame two years ago.

Although Dunkley attended the 2012 grand final to cheer on his former team, unlike his two sons - Josh and Kyle - he didn't go into the Swans' rooms after the game to share in the victory celebrations.

"I don't hate the place but I've moved on," Dunkley told The Daily Telegraph.

It is understood Dunkley's animosity towards the Swans stems from the decision by then coach Paul Roos to end his stellar career at the end of 2002 as part of a rebuilding process following the Rodney Eade era.

Now, more than a decade after hanging up his red and white guernsey, the friction between Dunkley and his old club could prevent his talented son from playing in the same colours as his dad

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/swans-embroiled-in-father-sydney-swans-embroiled-in-father-son-spat-that-could-cost-them-andrew-dunkleys-talented-son-joshson-spat/story-e6frf9jf-1226577393183

• Like 2

Lot like Dunkley carry a grudge to the grave, the worst part is the kids pick up and learn from there parents behaviour and then it goes on, talk to a Serb or Croat or the Thai girl I dated a few times early 2012, she still goes on about the money she spent coming up to see me in BKK, mind you she stayed with her sister and same time she was coming to see me she was teeing up meeting up with her gf....but you know.....cause she couldn't decide on a date I booked to go to cm....lots of warnings but no deaf ears.....then all my fault, well we did go out 3 times before I went off to cm but no....she wasted her money, yep even after almost 4 years she spits at me with venom.

Ps I did want to go down to her in Phuket but she changed her mind, she kept on changing her mind all the time, and it was all my fault.

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1

Lot like Dunkley carry a grudge to the grave, the worst part is the kids pick up and learn from there parents behaviour and then it goes on, talk to a Serb or Croat or the Thai girl I dated a few times early 2012, she still goes on about the money she spent coming up to see me in BKK, mind you she stayed with her sister and same time she was coming to see me she was teeing up meeting up with her gf....but you know.....cause she couldn't decide on a date I booked to go to cm....lots of warnings but no deaf ears.....then all my fault, well we did go out 3 times before I went off to cm but no....she wasted her money, yep even after almost 4 years she spits at me with venom.

Ps I did want to go down to her in Phuket but she changed her mind, she kept on changing her mind all the time, and it was all my fault.

We look forward to your Draft and Trade stories for team Alex.

• Like 1

I wonder if MFC has an off chute singles dating heretongue.png

Maybe that's how they have kept their large supporter base through the lean years

Some light relief.....not much going on you know.

I could write a book on the nutters I've known especially women and mainly ones in AU, though Thai girls can be too there just younger and prettier and easier to put up with...

Women who go to the footy aren't my type.....did date a mad bomber supporter for a couple of years, during football season she had to know the scores of every game, at least she was a good sport when we went to Dee games, she kept her mouth shut, we use to win a lot in those days any way, but the relationship was doomed because she was one of those nutters and to top it off a sports nut....i swear she should have been born a man, she loved everything, tennis cricket you name it....if you recall i mentioned that game once where the Blues knocked of the Bombers unexpectedly in a prelim final.....she watched the replay of the loss....those Bomber supporters couldn't believe they lost that game....like it was a dream meanwhile i was hungry was past dinner time passed and i had to endure the replay.

• Like 1

Draft best picks 30 to 21.....

30-Jonathan Brown the mouth 256 games Lions, real occer if there ever was one, everyones best friend Hannebery and Richard Champion Lions also in there, Brown gets the nod cause he was a centre half not easy to come by.

29-Wayne Campbell 297 games Tigers, played to many games to be ignored apparently, 4 best and fairest 2 all au's, if not for Campbell this would go close to joining picks 41 and 35 as a dudd pick.

28-Jason Johnson 220 games Bombers, never heard of him, Dawes now a Dee, Guerra where ever he played for and Mitch Duncan Cats.....makes pick 28 a so so pick.

27-Kane Johnson 220 games Crows, yep there been around that long, Brendon Gale tigers and that man Ted Richards who ever he was and lets not forget Saints Steven Baker, Kane saved this pick from going the same way as pick 28.

26-Darrin Pritchard 211 games Hawks, he goes back to the 80's don't know why i can't recall this guy, played in back to back premierships, Tim Notting, Jarred Rivers Shane Edwards and a few more.....Lions Dees then Cats and Tigers.

25-Nick Stevens 231 games Power get there first man, Daniel Chick ex Hawk WCE ( was he that good?) close second....not in my book, John Barker Fitzroy in there too.

24-Steve Johnson 253 games Cats, say no more gun midfielder for ever and a day.

23-Michael Long 190 games Bombers, i must not be a good judge of football talent, i never thought him anymore than above average, had his moments i recon was carried on the back of those good sheedy teams, Drew Petrie 293 games North should have got the nod here....but hey we need a token korrie in there some where.

22-Winston Abraham 110 games Freo and they get there first man, ex Roo too.....well he must have been well hidden in them awful Freo teams because i never heard of him, apparently the Age wraps this guy up, Scott Selwood WCE and Mitch Wallis Doggies in here too.

21-Hayden Ballantyne 121 games Freo....there on a roll now looking at the other 3 contenders there names not worth printing, Age recon he could play i recon his out of his depth at 21 so pick 21 gets consigned to so so.

So what have we learned today? that getting taken in the 30's is better than getting taken in the 20's and we have a new class of picks, not only do we have dudd picks now we have so so picks, to recap 41 and 35 are a dudd pick whilst picks 28 and 21 are in a new class of so so picks.

• Like 2

Ted Richards who ever he was

22-Winston Abraham 110 games Freo and they get there first man, ex Roo too.....well he must have been well hidden in them awful Freo teams because i never heard of him, apparently the Age wraps this guy up

Teddy Richards from Sydney of course. Traded from Essendon, became a stalwart in defence for many years. Had a rough end to the season this year and should have been put out to pasture... however, our stocks are a bit thin in the key defenders area. Malceski was a big loss...and Shaw has retired now. Anyway...220 games for SYdney. His brother Xavier Richards plays for Sydney also...hopefully is a late maturer like Teddy.

Winston who? To be fair, no one outside WA knew any Freo players until the last few years when they got their first televised game.

• Like 2

....i swear she should have been born a man, she loved everything, tennis cricket you name it....if

I know the feeling. Had some GFs who were sports mad. Always wanting to play with my balls.

have to go. Chimpy is pulling me from the keyboard......

Bookie you now have sparked my recollect of taking ex wife to a few football games, sweet petite 22 year old Latin hips tiny waist ski slope tits really getting into it, she cheered more than me, only barracked for the Blues because she was born in Carlton took on the Dee's with a gutso, well we do have better fashion colours...alas once winter set in the sweet young thing found it to hard stand there in the outer so opted to stay home.

Looking back she was a footy widow, I'd go every game if I wasn't working watch the replay, view the pre season games on tellie then sit in the lounge Sunday arvo watching VFA footy, every game.

Daughter was a lost cause for many years she had a 6 year old boy friend she idolised so followed the cats until modern times then returned to the fold.

Then "that gf" the mad sports nut, enough about her, I would have died of boredom, no actually I would have died of being over worked if I stayed with her, she couldn't have anyone sitting around she would always find a job for you, I'm pretty good at putting things off but she's pretty good at getting it done eventually, though me procrastinating certainly added a few years to my life, at the footy she wasn't loud, smiled a lot and would discuss things about the game in a very civilised manner....you see she was Sri Lankan born, her type are called burgers, there the white upper class of that country, that smile and soft voice clouded a menacing and controlling personality, she cracked the shits with this earthy man one time when I couldn't hold back at a bomber woods game, the red and black got every free going and we're doing the pies easily, now I got a soft spot for the pies even if I say I hate them due to all them grand finals there lost, and there are a lot of them,Dee's done em 5 times, well when I started to voice my disproval of the decisions in the last quarter her eyes could have killed me 5 times over, pies got a roll on to my delight knocking off my babes team and I didn't get sex in a long time after that game.

We move on a few years and having given up on the white sisters in AU my first of a long line of Thai gf's ( nahhhh I'm only kidding) is in town, she looked so cute in my red and blue scarf with a bucket of chips in her hand.

She amazingly got into it even she had no idea what was going on, the food that what it was about you think?

The pictures in my mind of ex turning back to look at me after a goal, bomber girl's eyes of death looking at me after berating an umpire and Thai girl, big smile with bucket of chips in hand will stay with me forever.

• Like 1