Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Finding their way in SA: Ex-AFL players joining the SANFL in 2016

AS WELL as the obvious talent that former AFL players possess, their experience in an elite system can prove invaluable at SANFL level.

Of course a disciplined mindset is still required; plenty of ex-AFL players have been unable to make their mark on what remains a very strong competition. But for those who do, the dividends for their club's and their careers are massive.

Players who have been discarded from elite clubs drop down armed with the knowledge of what held them back, so to correct trouble areas and perform in front of AFL recruits is to demand a second chance at the top.

Adelaide and Port Adelaide's sides have been excluded from the following list of ex-AFL recruits entering the SA state league this year, given their recruits from AFL clubs remain AFL-listed.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-01-08/stating-their-claim-in-sa-former-afl-players-in-the-sanfl-in-2016

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Jones, Crowley head ex-AFL players to play in WAFL

FORMER St Kilda midfielder Clint Jones headlines a host of ex-AFL players that have signed with WAFL clubs for the 2016 season.

Perth has been the most active of the WA clubs in recruiting former AFL players after winning just two games last season under first-year coach, former Carlton and Melbourne forward Earl Spalding.

Ex-Richmond ruckman Angus Graham has joined Jones at the Demons. Another former Saint, Spencer White, has also signed with Perth. St Kilda delisted White, 21, in October after he played just two games in three seasons with the club.

Perth's football manager, Tyson Beattie, told AFL.com.au his club was expecting big things from Jones.

"Last year Clint actually finished (equal) second in the Liston Trophy. So he's probably going to be there or thereabouts as one of the best midfielders in the WAFL," he said.

"It's massive for us because we have a good core of 21-to-25-year-olds. But we needed that really experienced midfielder like Clint Jones to push us forward.

"He has all that experience in the AFL, but also at the level below playing for Sandringham last year and he's a dual best and fairest for South Fremantle.

"I think it's his training habits that are the most exciting thing because he is an elite runner."

White, once touted as the next Lance Franklin, is a similarly exciting prospect for Perth.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-01-04/jones-crowley-head-exafl-players-to-grace-the-wafl-in-2016

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Im expecting the hapless dees to be worth watching more often this season therefore i will invest in AFL live or what ever they call it so i can get to watch all there games if i don't get disgusted, now my problem is....do i really want to watch it on a 10 inch iPad or 6+ phone? nope i don't but iPad if i have to...

I have been investigating getting the pad to mirror to a mac Apple says it cant be done, ( i have a windows laptop too) now if i splashed out on a new Apple TV i could....mirror iPad to tv.....the net in my area is rather ordinary and Telstra arnt going to do anything so grainy tv isn't a turn on though I'm not sure that would be the case, I'm basing this on the grainy soccer games I've been streaming to my mac.

Also living in Thailand when i do go, i have had mixed experiences with the net so i really prefer to just mirror to a computer at least my mac has a 21inch screen.

Apparently early in the steaming cycle Telstra allowed you to watch on a pc or airplay etc to a TV from reading the help section, this they cut out in recent seasons, for there own selfish reasons they want to keep you on your tablet or phone, so learned friends has anyone got any solid ideas how to mirror from pad to pc....or even better just get it direct to pc?

Update...found a couple of software sites, air server and reflector both cost but hardly will break the bank around $AU19 for Airsever, and allow to 3 pc's, iPad or iPhone to a Mac, maybe i should put this in the Apple forum but i am really only interested in watching AFL and my team in particular this way, and if the Aleague get there act together them too.

Mr Bookman is a clued up gentleman who gave us the websites to watch streamed football, so i ask is there some site that streams every game of the season?

• Like 1

attachicon.gifDamien Little.JPG

Destroyers, we posted on this case two days ago and now have further news that Damien Little shot his sons and himself before driving the car off the wharf.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/…/e63e4227442d8ddb970ccebf7db…

Dear Destroyers,

While of course we all mourn the sad loss of a man and his two children this week in Port Lincoln, South Australia – the way it’s being reported is very concerning.

Yes, Damien Little obviously “battled demons”:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/…/eb385f1b3875a9cb768659ca92c…

And he was also an “everyday bloke”:

http://www.sbs.com.au/…/we-tried-help-him-we-all-did-sa-fat…

And “One of the things I do caution against is that we jump too soon into blaming the victim and blaming Damien”, said Commissioner for Victims' Rights, Michael O'Connell:

http://www.abc.net.au/…/port-lincoln-in-shock-after…/7067272

But isn’t there another victim here? One who’s still alive to feel all the anger, grief and sense of loss? That Little decided to end his life is tragic, but doesn’t taking his kids with him make their mother Melissa the victim who most needs support?

Someone with mental illness does not automatically become a danger to people’s lives. Damien Little was a murderer. He proved that his attitude towards his wife and kids was proprietary – his kids “belonged” to him, to do whatever he wanted with them. Imagine the outcry if he’d murdered someone else’s children, not his own!

Destroyers, if so many people see Little as an everyday bloke and rush to mitigate his actions – isn’t it time we as a country redefine what “being a man” in Australia really means?

Who are the Destroyers?

Update...found a couple of software sites, air server and reflector both cost but hardly will break the bank around $AU19 for Airsever, and allow to 3 pc's, iPad or iPhone to a Mac, maybe i should put this in the Apple forum but i am really only interested in watching AFL and my team in particular this way, and if the Aleague get there act together them too.

Mr Bookman is a clued up gentleman who gave us the websites to watch streamed football, so i ask is there some site that streams every game of the season?

Will27 is up to date on Thailand streaming

attachicon.gifDamien Little.JPG

Destroyers, we posted on this case two days ago and now have further news that Damien Little shot his sons and himself before driving the car off the wharf.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/…/e63e4227442d8ddb970ccebf7db…

Dear Destroyers,

While of course we all mourn the sad loss of a man and his two children this week in Port Lincoln, South Australia – the way it’s being reported is very concerning.

Yes, Damien Little obviously “battled demons”:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/…/eb385f1b3875a9cb768659ca92c…

And he was also an “everyday bloke”:

http://www.sbs.com.au/…/we-tried-help-him-we-all-did-sa-fat…

And “One of the things I do caution against is that we jump too soon into blaming the victim and blaming Damien”, said Commissioner for Victims' Rights, Michael O'Connell:

http://www.abc.net.au/…/port-lincoln-in-shock-after…/7067272

But isn’t there another victim here? One who’s still alive to feel all the anger, grief and sense of loss? That Little decided to end his life is tragic, but doesn’t taking his kids with him make their mother Melissa the victim who most needs support?

Someone with mental illness does not automatically become a danger to people’s lives. Damien Little was a murderer. He proved that his attitude towards his wife and kids was proprietary – his kids “belonged” to him, to do whatever he wanted with them. Imagine the outcry if he’d murdered someone else’s children, not his own!

Destroyers, if so many people see Little as an everyday bloke and rush to mitigate his actions – isn’t it time we as a country redefine what “being a man” in Australia really means?

Who are the Destroyers?

I don't know, I got it from a freind on facebook so i'll send him a message and see if he knows.

EDIT - Looks like it is a website.This image probably tells you enough.

post-140056-0-14710700-1452323331_thumb.

• Like 1

Essendon decision date set by Court of Arbitration for Sport

Essendon players who took part in the club's controversial 2012 supplements program will learn their fate on Tuesday.

The club issued a brief statement on Saturday saying the Court of Arbitration would hand down its decision on the guilt or innocence of the group accused of taking banned substance thymosin beta-4, 12 players remain at the Bombers, with others playing at other clubs, acting in coaching roles or out of the game altogether.

If found guilty, players could face suspension from the game with predictions ranging anywhere from two weeks to 12 months.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/afl/essendon-bombers/afl-news-essendon-decision-date-set-by-court-of-arbitration-for-sport-20160109-gm2f34.html#ixzz3wnsOX4dn

Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

• Like 1

If you get the afl package it gives you a choice of different speeds.

I never have a problem unless server or power is down.

I think you need at least 2-3 mbps for a decent stream.

Plenty of free to air as well once you master getting through the ads but the day the Dee's hit the lead it might not be reliable.Generally they are.smile.png

I keep crichd and vipleague on my open up page.They even have the victory.

My problem with streaming is more to do with my actual provider, old exchange in a new fast developing area, Telstra won't upgrade existing because of fibre Which is expected next 5 or so years, won't help me as I will be long gone by then from here. I can tolerate the sometimes poor quality of Aleague games on my iMac but not on a 65 in smart tv...

Plenty of free to air as well once you master getting through the ads but the day the Dee's hit the lead it might not be reliable.Generally they are.smile.png

My problem with streaming is more to do with my actual provider, old exchange in a new fast developing area, Telstra won't upgrade existing because of fibre Which is expected next 5 or so years, won't help me as I will be long gone by then from here. I can tolerate the sometimes poor quality of Aleague games on my iMac but not on a 65 in smart tv...

Alex,you asking about for thailand or aus?,if aus foxtel?

i thought he meant Thailand.

In OZ, the best free one is Afldude, but he doesn't cover every game

Other than that there are a number of options. Not sure which one will be best this season

• Like 2

i thought he meant Thailand.

In OZ, the best free one is Afldude, but he doesn't cover every game

Other than that there are a number of options. Not sure which one will be best this season

In Thailand I also use Afldude to watch the games.

• Like 2

Im asking for both AU and Thailand, at the moment afl/telstra stream to a tablet or phone when you buy there package in Australia i don't know what they allow you to stream to if your overseas.

Of course if i could get to watch most Dee games for free that option i would prefer, anyway i don t want to watch a game on my iPad, bit small but i can do if i have to, i was looking to what they call mirror to my pc, in this case an iMac, they have large screens 21 or 24 inc, i could mirror to a tv if i have apple tv, but looking at last year forums on that subject were once able afl/telstra have cut being able to transfer the stream to a tv, since my net is so so due to the exchange in my area id rather not stream to a 65inch tv, the quality is bad enough sometime on my mac when i watch a streamed soccer game that watching it on my tv would make me switch it off.

I found 2 software that will mirror iPad to a mac @ about $18, weather telstra can block that I'm not sure, there in the game of selling you mobile broadband so obviously want to keep you on the pad or phone, i run my pad through the house net anyway.....so before i buy that mirroring software i was asking the learned brothers if they used or knew of a better way than the way i was going....but keep in mind I'm only interested in watching my club play I'm no longer a footy junkie like i once was.

Foxtel would be nice as i would get all Aleague games plus asian league and socceroos too and AFL....but have you seen how much it would cost you?

A few years back my mum got foxtel.....the deal was free installation...sounded good until you find out that it was in standard definition, when i rang to complain they brushed me off....when i pointed out all tvs were now being sold in HD and that was the new format...nothing....would cost an extra $20 to get the HD package...

If you like to watch tv then i guess foxtel at around $120 a month would be fair but i hardly watch much tv to justify that sort of money just to watch Dee games and a couple of soccer games a week.

My normal way of viewing is i download movies and tv shows if theres any i want to watch...they sit in a external hard drive and in most cases takes me years before i get around to watching them.

• Like 1

Thought Australia was meant to be 1st world and alltongue.png

What other options do you have,a 3or 4g package of 5GB may get you 3 games of good streaming,expensive i know,cost me a fortune before i got fibre optic and that's in thailand.

Sorry Alex,

Misread your post,you find streaming is fine,its getting it from the phone to the big screen that's the problem.

Don't know anything about those apple thingys.

• Like 1

A couple of my mates have the sports package from Foxtel for $50 per month plus some initial start up fees.

Pretty good value I reckon.

https://www.foxtel.com.au/get/tv-combos/sports.html

Thanks WILL but for that low fee it won't be in HD unless foxtel have dropped SD, looked at foxtel just before the Aleague season started, looking at there website now,

Best package on a 12 month plan is $1599 for the year, $133.35 per month thats top of the line and in HD.

The standard pack $25 plus sports pack $25 equals $50 a month for 12 months and no mention of HD so i can assume its in SD, now that red and blue jumper won't look so hot unless its in HD WILL.

Cheaper to buy an AFL live pass or what ever it is, its $90 for the season and global pass is about 170 for the season, telstra blocked mirroring from an iPad or iPhone to a tv in season 2014, lots of complaints by guys who brought the local package, must be able to mirror overseas as the local aussie guys in the aussie bar in Chiang Mai i poped into for the tigers dee game recon the owners were mirroring from a tablet to one of them new fang dangled contraptions like an apple tv to a tv.

I only want to stream from my iPad to my iMac found the software to do that, $20 not a big deal so if i don't find another way i will buy that software, just curious to know if telstra can block that as well like they did with apple tv.

I expect to move to Thailand around the end of this year since i will be renting for the first year or so or until i find a condo to buy and knowing what thai net is like....i have lived there and had a number of vists its all a bit of hit and miss, one place i could download movies the other i lived at was quick enough but no guts to download anything more than windows updates at that time, and since i don't watch much tv paying 350 or something like that for the latest apple tv is just a waste of money for me.

Watching games via " Watch Afl Global Pass" was pretty good last season, a couple of games had a bit of a buffering problem, they were both games played outside big cities(one from North Queensland and one from Canberra.

I was lucky I got fibre optic connection at the village just before the NaB Cup started.

Price is up slightly to $153 US annual fee which is cheap to watch every game plus 24/7 replays.

Simple, just log in and connect laptop to big tv via HTML extension cable and watch the Mighty Dees in action.

dom

That's about $220 Australian.

You can get a global pass through an AFL club a fair bit cheaper than that.

My Global Eagle membership cost me $150 Oz.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

Watching games via " Watch Afl Global Pass" was pretty good last season, a couple of games had a bit of a buffering problem, they were both games played outside big cities(one from North Queensland and one from Canberra.

I was lucky I got fibre optic connection at the village just before the NaB Cup started.

Price is up slightly to $153 US annual fee which is cheap to watch every game plus 24/7 replays.

Simple, just log in and connect laptop to big tv via HTML extension cable and watch the Mighty Dees in action.

dom

Do u need to be a club member for that?

Of just purchase via teh club?

dom

Thanks for that so i can assume once I'm living there i can access my live global pass on my pc and if i want then can mirror to a tv if i have that magic black box they call apple tv?

dom

Do u need to be a club member for that?

Of just purchase via teh club?

Joined the club as a global member and the AFL pass was included.

I'm sure all clubs would have something similar.

• Like 1

WatchAFL Subscription Packages

WatchAFL is a time-based subscription service offering members flexible packages with the following features:

• Live match streaming: every match of the 2016 premiership season
  • On Demand match replays: every match of the season
  • Broadcast coverage of special events: Brownlow Medal, National Draft, AFL Hall of Fame, etc.
  • 24/7 channel featuring panel shows, replays, class quartersw and more
  • Available on PC, mobile and tablet (apps and browsers)
  • Like 2