Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

17 hours ago, Thechook said:

Fyth is better than hogan so you wont get him.  Pick someone else and the saints will top it up with mccartin.  Geez we cant give him away even with free deliver and all medical costs covered.  If you take mccartin we will throw in freeman and Carlyle 

Hogan is a few years younger CHOOK.....plus Fyth is a run of the mill midfielder when theres plenty of good ones on offer even the HAPLESS Dee's are begging to collect a few and no doubt will offload several, a BIG forward who already has proven he can kick goals and take contested marks as well as move almost as well as Saint Nick at only 22, If the Dogs can EFT 1 million big ones into there million dollar mans account each season Hogan has to be worth more because he's done more in 2 seasons than the wolf wolfs million dollar boy has in his playing time so far.

Im confident Paul Roos wouldn't bullshit so unless an illness to dear old dad just came up or something drastic has happened recently he wont be leaving a club on the verge of  prolonged finals campaigns, Freo? there not going anywhere for the next few years and to be honest with the Dee's and Saints pushing hard  Freo have there work cut out for them to get back to the top 8, WCE would be a better option but do they need him? not right now so where they going to play him? Kennedy at the moment plays full forward better.....

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

Hogan is a few years younger CHOOK.....plus Fyth is a run of the mill midfielder when theres plenty of good ones on offer even the HAPLESS Dee's are begging to collect a few and no doubt will offload several, a BIG forward who already has proven he can kick goals and take contested marks as well as move almost as well as Saint Nick at only 22, If the Dogs can EFT 1 million big ones into there million dollar mans account each season Hogan has to be worth more because he's done more in 2 seasons than the wolf wolfs million dollar boy has in his playing time so far.

Im confident Paul Roos wouldn't bullshit so unless an illness to dear old dad just came up or something drastic has happened recently he wont be leaving a club on the verge of  prolonged finals campaigns, Freo? there not going anywhere for the next few years and to be honest with the Dee's and Saints pushing hard  Freo have there work cut out for them to get back to the top 8, WCE would be a better option but do they need him? not right now so where they going to play him? Kennedy at the moment plays full forward better.....

Run of the mill midfielder:shock1:

Oh well, I guess 2 AFLPA awards, 2 All Australian, 2 F&B's and throw in a Brownlow and yes, apart from those, pretty average one might say:rolleyes:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, joboss said:

Looks like Jessie Hogan will be returning from holidays to play at the Dees 2017.

No need to feel jilted Alex, all is OK.

“EMERGING Melbourne superstar Jesse Hogan is unlikely to seek a trade back to Western Australia this year

"He's contracted at Melbourne and he's been really comfortable with the Dees, I can’t see that happening,"”

Sick cat, mum i cant find my shoes....to cold to go surfing in Melbourne...thank god its over.....if the Dees start the season well he will resign quickly...to be honest he really should resign before the season starts other wise its a Franklin all over for a year.....how boooooooooreing.....

• Like 1

Well today i worked half day with my buddy who plays for Willie in the VFL, Williamstown is/was like Collingwood in the old VFA which is now the VFL, last years premiers went down the gurgler to the Casey Scorpions which are the Dee's affiliate club, i said what happened? he had 2 excuses,  1 the Scorpions were full of Dee players ( Melbourne up until this season pulled all there players out of Casey at the end of the home and away season, several times Casey has made the finals to be bundled out) excuse 2 was....they didn't play well....he was rather disgusted in there performance....

Anyway.....i asked him about a few of the Dee players, my chippie mate has played for Willie about 3 or 4 years and before that was brought down from the country by Coburg who at least once were Richmond's affiliate club...

Hogan...this was about 6 months ago....his answer....he is a gun.

Today...

Trentgrove, former co captain........his answer.....averages over 30 touches a game a very good player....so i said why do you think he's not getting a game? he's not better than Viney Brayshaw and co and dont have enough strings to his bow...

Grimes another former co captain ...averages more than 30 touches a game thinks he is a  top player...says should be in the team....most likely out of favour for a reason beyond football ability...

Dunn ( one of my fav players) he couldn't understand why Dunn isn't in the firsts..( i dont think he played any or just several games this season)

Dawes.....didnt play in the prelim, means he was in the sick bay again.....Dees got value on there medical insurance for this guy...

Cam Pederson,  thinks he's a good player but wasn't in the prelim not sure if he has played to many AFL games.... out of contract likely to go with brittle Dawes....

My buddy is a Collingwood suporter...there is always silence with a shake of the head from side to side when i bring them up...

• Like 1

Bruce Monteath a one time hot and cold Tiger player is in training as a stand up comedian or  a life in parliament, as a member of the Focus on Footy rebel group he has decided even though later says it was unanimous decision by the seven member group...to pull out, shut down forget about it and move on, the real story is Peg who was once blonde and Bennie Gale stared down the challenge and rejected every demand....

In his goodbye speech this afternoon (either its a tragic comedy or its pollie speak) Bruce claims "we have put an incredible focus on football which needed to be urgently addressed at Richmond." Goes on to say things like....Challenged the board to take action....( Gale had already set a review in motion long before Bruce and mates made waves), "we have shaken up the place"....."we did something"......."we contributed to the return of Neil Balme"....."our intension is not to take the club to an EGM".....yep its true Bruce said that as he tucked his tail between his legs and waved goodbye to the masses....little bit like his playing career....

Boomer cleared out his locker today said he sill loves North Melbourne and says he's a 50/50 chance at the moment to play next year....likes the idea to be a one club player, apparently "other AFL clubs have reportedly shown interest in recruiting Harvey"...WCE springs to mind immediately ..........

Turns out the man the Dockers will have to cough up for a Melbourne based Forward (if he decides not to renew his contract next season which we wont discuss today).... Nat is an entrepreneur..... has his own Utube channel as well...his latest money spinning venture is a brief trip to the US courtesy of Hype Tours where people can pay money for the privilege of watching a couple of NBA games with him.....yep thats what the paper says...If any of the guys would like to join Nat in the US and rub shoulders with the Brownlow medalist.........just pocket money for guys like WILL, RON and JO, ........only  $17,600, no perl handle steak knifes but you do get personal signed memorabilia from him as well as a dinner at Crown Perth before jetting off to the states.....hope he fix's his hair before you guys go.....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GrantSmith said:

douche knot

Haha!!  Never heard that before, Very appropriate.  But I wouldn’t say it to his face.

There is a nice lady who has a seat in the row in front of me at the Freo games.

She has been heard to say,

“Nathan would play better if he got cut of that girlie hair do”

:rolleyes: Haven’t seen many “man buns” in the finals teams..

• Like 2

Swans have selected Jones and Tippett. Rohan is also in the team. McVeigh did not prove his fitness.

Just watched "pick a winner" and they both selected the Swans to win. What chance do we have?

It's going to be an even battle I reckon, much like when we met at Simmonds earlier in the year. Battle of the mids and if the boys come out firing in the first quarter last week against Adelaide, the Cats will be in for a long night.

Cinderella needs to step up tomorrow and prove himself and not be afraid of his glass jaw...

Going to be an absolute belter!
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, GrantSmith said:
12 hours ago, ripstanley said:

Swans have selected Jones and Tippett. Rohan is also in the team. McVeigh did not prove his fitness.

Just watched "pick a winner" and they both selected the Swans to win. What chance do we have?

It's going to be an even battle I reckon, much like when we met at Simmonds earlier in the year. Battle of the mids and if the boys come out firing in the first quarter last week against Adelaide, the Cats will be in for a long night.

Cinderella needs to step up tomorrow and prove himself and not be afraid of his glass jaw...

Going to be an absolute belter!

To even things up, Kinngy, Maclure, Lake and Heppell all picked Geelong this week on aFL360, so that's a good sign:P

I was surprised when David King questioned several times this week if Tippett was in the Swans best 22.

I thought he was in AA form before he went down.

He said he wouldn't play him, even if he was fit.

• Like 1

Oh Sydney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Half time and 48 points up!

Geelong was 75% forward half that quarter and are leading the inside 50s....but Sydney's defence and mids and forwards are bringing super intense pressure..

Long way to go....but

COME ON SYDNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Oh Sydney!!!!!!!

What an intense clash!  Geelong tried hard but were just under pressure the entire match against a Sydney team playing one of their best games of the year..

But, I favoured them against Geelong this week to win....

Danger and Selwood both stood up but just not enough Cats did....Aliir...I hope he isn't injured because he would be a massive loss for the GF....Getting Mills back is also a big wish..

Oh...GF!  carry on!

I

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Will27 said:

For our Sydney boys

291186_22ea2d4d5f46635eabab43ca7a341348.jpg

2005 Semi Final...Nick Davis kicked 4 goals in the last quarter for SYdney to win the unwinnable with about 7 seconds remaining

Prelim... St Kilda has the game in the bag at 3q time...Sydney come out and kick 7 or 8 goals to take the game

GF...Sydney beat West Coast by a few points with a last second mark by Leo saving the day

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, joboss said:

2016   Buddy bags 10 in GF cakewalk....

Jeez the boys handled the pressure well today

Geelong had 70 -40 inside 50s!  and still lost by 40 points!

Cameron Ling was remarkably quiet in commentary

I also realised Bruce has F'all knowledge of half the Sydney players

• Like 1