Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Ahhhhhh.....ive found the reason behind the AFL app and website have so many issues Jo....

Sick of living in constant fear that bits of roof are going to fall on their heads, office workers in a dilapidated Government building in Bihar, India, were forced to wear metal motorcycle helmets at all times.

A video showing four office workers trying to do their job while wearing motorcycle helmets went viral on Indian social media last month, once again bringing into discussion the poor working conditions in the Asian country.

The footage was quickly picked up by news outlets and investigations revealed that the Government building in Areraj, Champaran district, had been deemed declared dangerous by work  safety inspectors two years ago, but no action was taken to move the workers to a safer location.

“The building construction department had two years back declared the building is hazardous and unfit for use. The authorities have, however, found no alternate accommodation to shift the office,” employee Amit Kumar Pandey told reporters.

“The situation has aggravated due to rains as the entire building leaks, compromising the safety of office equipment and records. The matter has been communicated to senior officers many times in writing, but to no avail.”

But water trickling in through the roof is not what prompted employees to start wearing motorcycle helmets at the Government office. Parts of the roof have been falling on their heads for some time, and it’s now in such a bad state that it could come down any day.

“This is quite an old building. Walls and the roof of the building are in a very bad shape. Water starts trickling the moment it rains. The roof can cave in any day,” said Parvez Ahmad, who works in the building. “Since we can’t be absent from our duties, we all decided to wear helmets. Many employees have sustained injuries due to falling of plaster from the ceiling.”

Full article

• Like 2

Prolific midfielder Brent Stanton has joined Essendon teammates Jobe Watson and James Kelly in confirming his AFL retirement.

The 31-year-old is the latest in a stellar group of players who are retiring at the end of this season, led by Luke Hodge, Nick Riewoldt and Bob Murphy.

The writing was on the wall for Stanton, a much-admired figure at Essendon — he has only managed seven senior games this season and spent the second half of the year in the VFL.

Stanton will retire on 255 games, putting him 13th on Essendon's all-time list.

The durable midfielder had a 10-year stretch between 2006-15 where he played at least 20 games each season.

But then came his year-long doping ban — Stanton was among 34 current and former Essendon players who were punished because of the club's supplements debacle.

Throughout the four years of the saga, Stanton was one of the players who kept their spirits up.

Stanton could polarise Essendon fans with his disposal, but he has a lofty standing at the club.

Hahaha....looks like a shake out at Fox and C7 next year....WILL Carey keep his job, who WILL replace Cometti? WILL Sandy still be at Fox?

The Tv stations will be rubbing there hands glee....in fact all the media outlets never before in the history of the game has so many well credential sporting stars become available at the same time....This is a chance for them to drive down salaries as many will be desperately seeking a new career....

WILL Simo dive into the retirement pool once again to top up? hehehe...

• Like 1

Hawks year in a nutshell...."New York Mining Disaster" The Bee Gees vs "Im a Beliver" The Monkeys, Bulldogs....The life of the Titanic in 3D see it tonight on Fox or C7 or AFL live/Global pass....A win by either is a loss so it don't matter as both will be at the bottom of Siam Bay Sunday night.

Meat Pies "Are you Lonesome Tonight" Bucks Elvis Presely vs "I Feel Good" James Brown The Dee's will be rocking there hips to not let this one slip, done and dusted finals bound are the Red and Blue, Paul "skippy" Roos will be smiling ear to ear in the remake of Skippy.

"Dreams" Fleetwood Mac Lions vs "Train in Vain" the Clash Kangaroos, its by by Scottie, Kelly and Martin arnt going there, its beam me up Scottie...in Lost in Space 2. Warning warning WILL Robinson....alien approaching WCE...

Swans "Smoke on the Water" Deeper Purple with a burning desire to Roll on over Vs The Blues "Tumbling Dice" Rolling Stones...which way will the dice roll today, not in the blues favour thats for sure....This movie is "The Attack of the 50ft Woman...

"Cats in the Cradle" don't know who sang this song Cats vs "Stairway to Heaven" Led Zeppelin Gaints, one of my fav bands of all time, not here not this day there on there way the orange army WILL murder the pussy's at home. The Big Short.....see it....

"The Pretender" again forget who sang it The Power vs "Brass in Pocket" The Pretenders Suns cause there "Got Nothing I want", mince meat on the menu tonight bring your own tomato or BBQ sauce....The movie for this game is "Yellow Submarine" because it was awful ....

"Sex Drugs & Rock and Roll" Ian Dury and The Blockheads Bombers Vs "Brown Sugar" Stones Dockers cause they can't get the real stuff that the Bombers use...sniffing away in the west by the time they hit Windy hill at Eithad the white powder will have worn off Don's will hang on to 8th, the Movie for this game is "The Graduate".....oooo and old one hehe.....who was the winner..mrs Robinson (Ann) or Dustin? nooooo just a diversion if you know what I mean....

"Thunder Road" Bruce S Tigers vs "Take Me to The River" T Heads and drown me Saints, Chooks cannot throw himself off the Westgate bridge Sunday night cause they have put up a big fence that you cannot climb over so its the bath tub with your sons rubber dukkie you will go...WILL's and my coach of the year Hardwick will do a number on the hash brown Sainters, captain fantastic will retire and we all look forward to concussion king MaCubbin taking over as number 1....the movie that springs to mind here is....Plan 9 from Outer Space, it won the golden turkey award as the worst movie ever.....

Eagles "Blame it on the Boggie" The Jacksons and you can still buy it for 99c on Amazon WILL vs Crows "Yes Sir, I Can Boggie" by Baccara, and boggie all over you they WILL...>>>>>>>>>>>>>your movie is....that great Al Pacino one......."Dog Day Afternoon" it just don't go right for you today.....all in a muddle and all.....new hairdo might make it better....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Hahaha....looks like a shake out at Fox and C7 next year....WILL Carey keep his job, who WILL replace Cometti? WILL Sandy still be at Fox?

The Tv stations will be rubbing there hands glee....in fact all the media outlets never before in the history of the game has so many well credential sporting stars become available at the same time....This is a chance for them to drive down salaries as many will be desperately seeking a new career....

WILL Simo dive into the retirement pool once again to top up? hehehe...

Think you missed the the video Alex.  Saints man, Ross Lyon left St Kilda and took his little boy with him, Zac the hack (Dawson) lost the grand final for us.  Ross Lyon putting him on the 2017 retirement bus with champions is Hilarious. Look at the video again.

Think you missed the the video Alex.  Saints man, Ross Lyon left St Kilda and took his little boy with him, Zac the hack (Dawson) lost the grand final for us.  Ross Lyon putting him on the 2017 retirement bus with champions is Hilarious. Look at the video again.

I'm a Dee I have a different perspective office dibbles... Daws was a fine upstanding young man took the opertunity to double his salary and play in a GF again you should be not so hard on him I mean could you get a game at the dockers today? Even as a coach of the CM saints you left a lot to be desired bet ya Dawson's fantasy team would beat yours.... enjoy your evening mr dribbles...

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

I'm a Dee I have a different perspective office dibbles... Daws was a fine upstanding young man took the opertunity to double his salary and play in a GF again you should be not so hard on him I mean could you get a game at the dockers today? Even as a coach of the CM saints you left a lot to be desired bet ya Dawson's fantasy team would beat yours.... enjoy your evening mr dribbles...

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

At the dockers?  Yea probably

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

350247_099b6671975dacf8c0518af7e9423445.jpg

Well what an embarrassment, talk about going missing......im more than happy for the Dee's to slip out of the 8....everything was on today there whole season was on todays result and they couldn't even do it,  just making up numbers....

I watched the game first half was deplorable Lewis and Hunt carried the team all day long, a couple of players who are only around 25 and been there a while look like good trade bait....

Can the Eagles save us from a elimination embarrassment ?????

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Well what an embarrassment, talk about going missing......im more than happy for the Dee's to slip out of the 8....everything was on today there whole season was on todays result and they couldn't even do it,  just making up numbers....

I watched the game first half was deplorable Lewis and Hunt carried the team all day long, a couple of players who are only around 25 and been there a while look like good trade bait....

Can the Eagles save us from a elimination embarrassment ?????

The Eagles will loose and the saints will smash the Tigers again slipping into the 8.

11 hours ago, Thechook said:

The Eagles will loose and the saints will smash the Tigers again slipping into the 8.

NostroChooks has spoken....glad your not rated to highly when it comes to fortune telling mr, as I type the Saints killed and the Eagles up over the Crows and .2% into the 8.....Might do the Dee's more good than harm in missing this years finals won't hurt the Saints either, it means both clubs have to knuckle down and do it better.....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Will27 said:

For my old China AlexRRR:tongue:

408095_f789eab7785cdbbcaac8621128c39d88.jpg

Hey bro I'm not holding my head....im a god dam realist....the North game was a must win and they blew it yesterday was in there there hands and they blew it...more importantly where and what will I have for dinner tonight???

The Swans can take care of the Eagles in the elimination final save more embarrassing moments thank you very much...

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Simo WILL be dipping into the retirement and hack pool come trade time dear WILLAM? we have a Cam Pederson for you and I'm willing to trade you Big MacDonald tooooooo...

There will be no Eagles trade talk until we make it into the GF.

Dee's can have another go next year,,,

Edited by joboss
  • Like 2