Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

4 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

What would happen today if we had Sydney and West coast GFs 2 years in a row and then the following three years a mixture of all interstate teams.
Social media gives an instant voice to fans saying "Hey, why the F! cant we see out teams play the GF at home?'!

PS. Looking forward to Sydney being Crowned 2006 champs. It will be devastating for Weagels fans I know, but cathartic also to leave that drug riddled period behind the club ????

OK

We'll just swap, you can have 2006 and we will take the 2005.

Anyway, WC have always mostly been ball players, unlike the Swans.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/barry-hall-i-shouldnt-have-played-2005-grand-final-20170621-gwvjdg.html

Barry Hall: I shouldn't have played 2005 grand final

"I hit a guy. I shouldn't have played the grand final. The rules were "in play, out of play". I was clearly out of the game. I got away with one. What can you do?'

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Well, yes and no

Firstly i was answering Uncle Alex's assertion that suburban games were regularly drawing 30,000 crowds. INCORRECT!
Secondly, that the main VFL teams were also NOT averaging 30,000 crowds! INCORRECT!

So, the statistics provided are relevant and accurate for that

As for raw data, im not sure how it affects the numbers:
Taking into account that the sporting landscape of the 1970s was primarily Cricket and Football.  VFl in Victoria and League in NSW. There was no live TV showing of every game and no massive screens at home and in pubs and clubs.
There were more local grounds that were easy to access within the area, so less travel times, and the cost of going to the games was significantly less for individuals.

You can also take out 50% of the population as being regular attendees  - ie: females.

If anything i reckon its a fair enough comparison and illustrates a point that the AFL being national has increased its fan base and crowds

When you had 2 top 4 teams playing 30,000 was fairly normal kid....I been plenty of times with 45,000 at the G during the VFL days prior to interlopers.... even as a basket case Dee's often had no trouble pulling in 20,000.....I was there I seen it all.......Go to the North ground during the Barassi days it was a FULL HOUSE .....

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Can anyone see a theme developing here?

Bad habits the boys picked up in their St Kilda days ...

Sad day when Barry Hall was shown the exit at Sydney.  No doubt he should have been suspended for the 2005 Granny, but even with the GoGoGo juice the weagles were on they couldn't conjure a last minute victory there

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

When you had 2 top 4 teams playing 30,000 was fairly normal kid....I been plenty of times with 45,000 at the G during the VFL days prior to interlopers.... even as a basket case Dee's often had no trouble pulling in 20,000.....I was there I seen it all.......Go to the North ground during the Barassi days it was a FULL HOUSE .....

C'mon Uncle, make your mind up about the crowd figures and the time period.

Are we going by your memory of events or the actual reported crowd numbers?

10 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

C'mon Uncle, make your mind up about the crowd figures and the time period.

Are we going by your memory of events or the actual reported crowd numbers?

Going by your own chart up there in 1971 Dees were garbage yet attracted on average more than 30,000 a game....I have a very clear memory of being at the G with 45,000 others on numerous occasions.....and still in the VFL days....

Broke insolvent what ever, the Vic's had the product with a smart management they fixed it all up nicely to what we have today....

Its called progress....comes in several forms you know....the Victorian game had out grown itself and needed to grow beyond its boarders, if it was such a big looser why then did Eagles and Crows jump on board within the flash of Gordon?

And the country has added nearly 10 million folks since then kid....

If you want to make change then get elected, I didnt hear of anyone handing back there share of the 500,000 $ that the Victorian Tax payer put up....take it up with your club president not me....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Radar501 said:

I misunderstood the 30,000 crowds claim being for suburban games.   Fair call BM.

Stats are always relevant as long as the source of measuring them is accurate, and given that they are not interpreted conveniently to promote one's agenda without considering other factors at play.  Confirmation bias I think you call it.  Pleased to see you giving several examples of possible variables in your post above.

The average VFL/AFL crowd in 1970 was 21780, generally increasing over the years to 2019 when it was 35122, but in 2020 so far the average crowd is ZERO.   I suspect the sudden drop in numbers has more to do with external factors, and not just a falling interest in our national comp.  

I did say 20,000 to 30,000 didnt i? Obviously the 30,000 was at a bigger ground and higher up clubs on the ladder pre interlopers... i been plenty of times to a 45,000 crowd game at the G prior to Eagles joining...

Go to Princess park during the Blues and Hawks halicon days and you got 2 square inches on the dirt hill northern flank...They could squeese in around 25,000 easy even the lowly Bullies could pack in a crowed at the Gordon street ground sandwich tight bettween Gordon st and Ballarat Rd....

Where ever you were on a late Saturday afternoon you had to factor in your route home as crowds spewed out of the G, and watch out if they been playing at Princess park and Windy Hill miles apart still pretty much could grid lock you....

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Broke insolvent what ever, the Vic's had the product with a smart management they fixed it all up nicely to what we have today....

Contradictory. The management had been smart enough to allow 7 of their clubs to become insolvent?
"Of the 11 Victorian Club companies it appears that seven of them are technically insolvent. These clubs are Fitzroy, Geelong, Footscray, Collingwood, Melbourne, North Melbourne and Richmond," he wrote on August 8, 1986."

I agree, the VFL had a product they could take nationally, but they have only been able to achieve the national interest by having interstate clubs.

Its called progress....comes in several forms you know....the Victorian game had out grown itself and needed to grow beyond its boarders, if it was such a big looser why then did Eagles and Crows jump on board within the flash of Gordon?

The Victorian game was about to go into a state of bankruptcy. Rather than outgrowing itself, it was imploding through poor management and a Laissez faire attitude.
Having the interstate clubs bail them out financially brought in a the seeds of a new era of professionalism 

The new business approach took greater hold after 2000, but the vision of a few who realised that leaving the game as a regional Competition in the VFL would have seen the death of the league in the modern sport world.

Having a national comp was the only realistic option for a small population country such as Australia. 
It is disappointing the AFL still has old timers such as Eddie trying to run the game down for his own personal and team gains; a basic lack of vision and desire for the game to grow. But that is what happens when a regional game goes National. Takes a while to discard the intractable old guard

If you want to make change then get elected, I didnt hear of anyone handing back there share of the 500,000 $ that the Victorian Tax payer put up....take it up with your club president not me....

Where are you getting this $50k from?  Some sleight of hand accounting by the AFL?  $500k revenue from TV for each club.Give that $500k to the AFL. Then give back the $500k to the clubs under the expense line of 'government grant'?
Chump change really when you consider the tens of millions each club gets every year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

Contradictory. The management had been smart enough to allow 7 of their clubs to become insolvent?
"Of the 11 Victorian Club companies it appears that seven of them are technically insolvent. These clubs are Fitzroy, Geelong, Footscray, Collingwood, Melbourne, North Melbourne and Richmond," he wrote on August 8, 1986."

I agree, the VFL had a product they could take nationally, but they have only been able to achieve the national interest by having interstate clubs.

The Victorian game was about to go into a state of bankruptcy. Rather than outgrowing itself, it was imploding through poor management and a Laissez faire attitude.
Having the interstate clubs bail them out financially brought in a the seeds of a new era of professionalism 

The new business approach took greater hold after 2000, but the vision of a few who realised that leaving the game as a regional Competition in the VFL would have seen the death of the league in the modern sport world.

Having a national comp was the only realistic option for a small population country such as Australia. 
It is disappointing the AFL still has old timers such as Eddie trying to run the game down for his own personal and team gains; a basic lack of vision and desire for the game to grow. But that is what happens when a regional game goes National. Takes a while to discard the intractable old guard

Where are you getting this $50k from?  Some sleight of hand accounting by the AFL?  $500k revenue from TV for each club.Give that $500k to the AFL. Then give back the $500k to the clubs under the expense line of 'government grant'?
Chump change really when you consider the tens of millions each club gets every year.

The Blonde must have missed the news a year or two back......Andrews gave a grant to the AFL to the tune of half a billion $ they called it something about developement so the Vic Tax payer wouldnt be up in arms about it.....and the G got the contract for the GF for how ever long...No club president complained then or now......

Broke a number of VFL clubs had become or close...was in the days before salary cap and the actual body that control the league had any real bite....as i said with smart managment they fixed it up clubs had to play by  rules set out by the big honchos......was a total restructuring, fall floul of the rules they could loose there licence to trade in the league which meant there licence was worthless.....

I grew up in all of this, i got a pretty good idea what was going on at the time, Carlton, Collingwood and North Melb in particular at the time were playing cheque book football, Essendon got on board too later, they were killing the game and every body else was trying to keep up...the best players were coming east becasue thats where the action and money was....big crowds to boost fragile egos, the VFL by around 1985 had run its course it was restructure or go under...as half the clubs wouldnt have survived much longer as they were....

Your beating a dead horse here Books...in time change WILL come as it has too but it wont be in my life time, the country WILL grow up crowds WILL go to big games anywhere in the country eventualy, seriously you think Brisbane Airport could handle 100,000 extra people in 2 days to go to a GF at the Gabba? i think hardly....wouldnt be enough taxi's in the whole of Queensland....

The US is a good model....clubs pack up and go where there wanted, there isnt any loyalty to the city, maybe Cleavland has the most patroitic fans as they disrupeded the Browns moving to Baltimore so the owner still moved changed there name to the Ravens and Browns was put on ice untill a new fanchise was born...To think that in 20 ys time there will still be 8 or 9 clubs in Victoria is a pipe dream..... Pressure should be put on a Vic club to relocate to Tassie, i recon if a good buiz model could be made up one club would bite....

And remember the VFL prior to Crows and Eagles knew they were on the ropes....they forced change on the current clubs they set up what we have today, banging on about broke and insolvent is irelivant as they knew back then where it was heading so it was a catlist to change and im getting tired of this thread....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

the VFL by around 1985 had run its course it was restructure or go under...as half the clubs wouldnt have survived much longer as they were....

So you finally come around to why there is no longer any VFL.  From the ashes was born the new national comp of AFL. Finally we agree

Your beating a dead horse here Books...in time change WILL come as it has too but it wont be in my life time, the country WILL grow up crowds WILL go to big games anywhere in the country eventualy, seriously you think Brisbane Airport could handle 100,000 extra people in 2 days to go to a GF at the Gabba? i think hardly....wouldnt be enough taxi's in the whole of Queensland....

eh?
The same Brisbane who is now bidding for the Olympic Games of 2030 or some such thing.  The same Brisbane who held the World Expo? The same brisbane who did a a commonwealth games a while back. Not to mention the more recent Commonwealth games on the GCoast. Probably worth noting Queensland's population is expected to be 6 million by 2027, which would double WA and triple SA's populations

Brisbane Airport  handles 24 million passengers a year so i dont expect a few tens of thousands arrivals will make a difference

1709772224_Brisairport.PNG.8b38fcbc209ce3e8efc6e8205f1f51eb.PNG

2 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

So you finally come around to why there is no longer any VFL.  From the ashes was born the new national comp of AFL. Finally we agree

eh?
The same Brisbane who is now bidding for the Olympic Games of 2030 or some such thing.  The same Brisbane who held the World Expo? The same brisbane who did a a commonwealth games a while back. Not to mention the more recent Commonwealth games on the GCoast. Probably worth noting Queensland's population is expected to be 6 million by 2027, which would double WA and triple SA's populations

Brisbane Airport  handles 24 million passengers a year so i dont expect a few tens of thousands arrivals will make a difference

1709772224_Brisairport.PNG.8b38fcbc209ce3e8efc6e8205f1f51eb.PNG

Mate you must be living in the ice age.....the AFL is the VFL....... did you notice when the name changed came the VFL kept operating some where under a rug?

hahaha Olympics....fooie.......i been up there.....primitive place still.....one tram line down the guts of the GC....and still 40 years away....

Comm games??? wooooooow big time stuff...a host of puni African nations rowing over.....and who wants to go to Brisbane anyway? id rather be seen in Perth.....even dead.....

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Mate you must be living in the ice age.....the AFL is the VFL....... did you notice when the name changed came the VFL kept operating some where under a rug?

hahaha Olympics....fooie.......i been up there.....primitive place still.....one tram line down the guts of the GC....and still 40 years away....

Comm games??? wooooooow big time stuff...a host of puni African nations rowing over.....and who wants to go to Brisbane anyway? id rather be seen in Perth.....even dead.....

It isnt about the quality of the spectacle but about the size and attendance of the spectacle.

I'm not a fan of either, but I reckon Kochie was out of order here.

https://www.soundhealthandlastingwealth.com/covid-19/sunrise-host-david-koch-becomes-embroiled-in-war-of-words-and-says-afl-should-play-games-in-china/

Sunrise host David Koch becomes embroiled in war of words and says AFL SHOULD play games in China

‘So Mick Malthouse doesn’t know what he is talking about and with comments like that if it was up to Mick Malthouse he’d bring back the White Australia policy of the 1950s'.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

I'm not a fan of either, but I reckon Kochie was out of order here.

https://www.soundhealthandlastingwealth.com/covid-19/sunrise-host-david-koch-becomes-embroiled-in-war-of-words-and-says-afl-should-play-games-in-china/

Sunrise host David Koch becomes embroiled in war of words and says AFL SHOULD play games in China

‘So Mick Malthouse doesn’t know what he is talking about and with comments like that if it was up to Mick Malthouse he’d bring back the White Australia policy of the 1950s'.

Kochie should reveal his self interests. Shanghai Cred on a 5 year sponsorship deal.

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/260635/port-adelaide-and-shanghai-cred-sign-five-year-partnership-extension

https://www.sbs.com.au/nitv/article/2019/06/07/international-corporation-accused-clearing-sacred-and-significant-sites

https://www.therealestateconversation.com.au/tag/shanghai-cred

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BookmanBkk said:

Yep

Blind Freddie could see it was always about the coin.

But to bring racism into it was a bit untidy I thought.

• Like 1

Well.......the Boys over yonder with all that free time on there hands can now feel relief, ANDY HAS LIFTED restrictions pretty much in line with Canberra, so you can pencil in a June start....

And a point of interest the Aleague have been talking to the contractors who film there games for Fox and no doubt NRL and AFL....the plan should Fox want to exist or water down the $$$$ is too contract the filming of games then handle the selling of the product them selves...I mention that the Premier league have been looking at this also...this is the future, the Leagues should be in "total control"..... another spunky Marth Davis and her Motels tune.......Expect movement at the station down at Docklands over this too....and by the way....Channel 9 who breathed fresh air into the AFL commentary when they had it are looking to get involved again.....for the life of me its time if the AFL if they dont wanna wrap it up and sell it them selves should be looking to spread the love around to other networks....NFL is on all commercial channels in the US....

Im desperately hoping that the Aleague WILL ditch fox and sell it to Optus sports, I get it for free.....hehe.

Been watching a few Newcastle United games on OS, its kind of a shame there coach Bruce will get the shove when the new boys take over, Ashley the owner is well known for not spending money with Bruce coming in with less than a team to start with and right at the end of the transfer window....he's managed to get a half decent squad playing well, nice and honest....im finding them pretty good to watch even if they struggle to score.......I am also excited with the prospect of oil money flowing in and seeing NU going up up and away.........

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You realize how fast life is spinning away from us when one of your more decent and likable Rock Artists has a birthday.......Bono of U2 turned 60.....OMG.......Really? and we thought they stay 35 forever.....with the squillions tucked away he still has that dark hair and hunsum face.... https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/10/entertainment/bono-u2-birthday-songs-trnd/index.html anyway he has  let out his secret....60 songs that saved his life....there are a couple in there that would kill me....Now i liked punk for sure but anything the Sex Pistols did was pure noise.....Ramones are pretty much the Sex Pistols from the US, but hey he starts with number 1 Luciano Pavarotti....now i dont mind some classical stuff at all though normaly i just wanna hear the music the singing can drive me up the wall a bit...my home radio is turned to one of them classical stations cho and i sometimes relax with it on in the back ground......

Elton Johns Daniel was ok on the 8 track back in the 70's and thats where it should stay....Johnny Cash...Oh No in capital letters.....i haaaaaateeeeee country music...if you want to toucher me thats how you do it.....imagin having to listen to them waling C&W singers all day....no thanks....use to be when the FM version of tv came out a country music tv station we hired from the US, sat and watched it a few times and of course for a short time....this was your more smoother style a bit more listenable but still gave me the runs......but i do like country fused rock.....oh yes....back as a lad a new pub opened up near where i lived, you know the dinner after 10 so they could stay open to midnight trick....friday and saturday nights they had this great band, resident band i use to catch often....well before we ever heard of the artists  these guys were playing they were pumping out early Doobie Bros, Allman Bros Band and of course Eagles stuff...the real southern country rock before it got watered down....Alas all these bands went on to become mainstream but at the time it was cutting edge.....In later years when you learn how to dance.....and before i went Latino tropico, this place i went to use to do line dancing....well its a country and western version of the music in dance form.....as you can work out by now it gave me the runs too....i just could never see anything of value in it....i tried Rock n Roll dancing too....frigging boring....though a lot of Rock and Salsa moves are simlar now what i did like was was Rockabilly.....no its not hillbilly music its a more progressive Rock n Roll.....Fabulous Thunderbirds come to mind quickly....Stray Cats another....again use to be a pub in Fitzroy i use to stumble in after 9.30 on a saturday night to catch a really charismatic Rockabilly band that played there for ever and a day, the singer knew how to entertain and he reminded me of one of the guys in the Doug Anthony Allstars....who were classics them selves....

Andrea Bocelli....i got quite a few cds of this guy.....so happens i was dating this Italian woman yep another....lot around you know....she was only in the picture a few months as she was way to serious for me at the time....anyway she gifted me one of his CD's so you know i liked it so i down loaded the rest in the days you could....now his good songs are very good but most are unlistenable for me....Another Italian woman yep i did say theres a few around, who i dated breifly she gifted me a CD of The Cat Empire, she i knew from the Italian Ex the very last white gf of my time on earth, im sure she liked me but something was a miss there....might be casue she thought i was still hung up on the ex.... well....which i was.....anyway how she got the Cat Empire and Salsa link i have no idea...though they did record that CD in Cuba...anyway she and i..the CD girl are still friends and i catch up with her once every 2 or 3 ys....Turns out she didnt know what she wanted in a man so i was saved more head scratching and issues that i didnt need....as a footnote....i use to spy CD girl from the side of my eye when ex and i were out...she had them nice hips small waist and big boob look i like.....well what a comedown when i discovered she pads her bra.....that happend in Cuba too....a nice tall what appeared to be a busty black girl working in a pub as i was walking by noticed me perving on her with tounge hanging out so ventured forth and started a conversation with me....excited i went inside and bough us a beer....after about 30 min it was time to move on as it was only 4 pm and way to early to get into the booze though amazing,y they had it in stock....in one place i did get caught out where they ran out of beer after my one glass....well this is Cuba, she offered to go with me, yep just leave her work and go with me back to my apartment....excited i took up her offer...heart broken when she took off her bra...."Hey This is Cuba" yes i wont ever forget them words...ever....on my very first night in Havana i got picked up by a cute petie early 20's Jinetera, a mulata, half and half i guess like a darkish skinned Thai girl, Jinetera is a term they use there for a part time gf or bf depending if your male female or just gay, they will stick with you and you get the GF treatment with all the rights associated wit it....on our 4th date she advised me she would be staying over, ive got into the habit now i like them to leave after the deed....like if im not really into them no need to hang around and bother me in the morning or having to go buy them brekkie...and its a bother as i just have a couple of coffies for brekkie....Now at that time smart phones were just beginning to appear on the streets of Havana, i had no internet conection for the 2 weeks i was there though i learned i could have got it for my phone, sounded like a real bother so decided to go cold turkey well it was only 2 weeks.....anyway there were what i can only assume free hotspots here and there as Cubans couldnt afford to pay for it though id like to know how they could afford even a cheap Chinese hand set....you would see 20 to 30 mainly youngies of course huddled together around one of these hotspots with pinning phones sounding like an arcade....Well unbeknown to me my cuite had been doing well working her office job daytime then trawling the streets at night for tourists as she had a live internet connection all the time, on this particular night we had been to a night club, got my wish for dancing with a real live Cuban woman...she was definalty a funky dancer....back at the apartment we made out then rolling over as you do to go to sleep the arcade began going off...my mistake is i should have cuddled her tight instead of turning my back to her...well for the next 30 min her phone was poping like a cirucs....annoyed i turned to her and asked her to turn off her phone....she replied..."Hey this is Cuba" you have to laugh right? i replied " you can go home if you dont want to turn your phone off" so she did....I didnt miss out on anything as im not a morning person normaly, i managed to avoid her for about a week after that then one night out of the blue as im returning from dinner she appeared right next to me....she was good at doing that....there was another black girl i was avoiding  she too had that knack to appear from a shadow as well....you cant loose them in Havana if they want you...

18 Kraftwerk.....OMG....the first comerical go at sifi music....sounded like cats claws on a corrigated metal roof....

38 Redemption song Bob Marley...now i like old Bob and his kids a lot but this song is pure bullocks...it bugs me big time....i just cant take it...in fact never heard it right through, it must be popular as many have done it...Im starting to think Bonos taste in music sucks a bit here....well U2 pretty much dried up by the early 90's, now that i joined optus min phone account gets 10 gigs of data when i add it to my NBN bundle i save about $5 overall get faster NBN plus Optus sports and up form 4 gig of data so this allows me to stream some music at work if im in the mood....so as you do i got back into spodify, i only use to use to check out new music on the pc...anyway i made a few playlists to listen too and one was U2...i am now an authority on them so yes by 1990 they pretty much ran out of ideas...spodify sound quality is kinda ordinary but hey i dont pay...love they way they advertise that if you pay you can skip the adds....ha ha so funny....that means you have to physicly do it with your finger....like your on the freeway or working....yep its a bit of a con i think....I know people who pay for spoidfy....yes i do.....spodify dont even have all the up todate albums or maybe i just like more obscure artists that must be it....

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52596273 this guy...what is he? im not so sure he is as smart as everyone thinks he is......yep he knows how to make money and got lucky with Virgin records which set him up for life....since its.......you come up with the idea and if you can sell it to me i will help you fund it ..........for a small fee....in the case of Virgin AU 15 million......a year... I read one of his books once....didnt say a god dam thing that i could have put into practice....he is just a mouth.....Anyway its a good time to sell down in Galactic like really does anyone really wanna go for a joy ride through space? Like whats to see? hoping for a few UFO's come greet you on the dark side of the moon as you flash by.... 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Whoa!

West coast moving to the Gold Coast for training and playing.

Interesting if it eventuates.

Better weather and playing some Victorian clubs at a neutral venue maybe.

I'm hoping there's a derby with Freo at home first and then we play both Qld sides.

That takes care of nearly 2 months and hopefully the border restrictions in WA would've eased by then.

1 minute ago, BookmanBkk said:

AFL1.PNG

Dear me

That's a huge blow.

Surely the AFL must have contingency plans in place.

Was expecting some dates and fixtures to be released today.

Looking in doubt now I reckon.

10 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

It would be a huge disadvantage for SA and WA clubs if they have to relocate interstate for a couple of months.

If they did move to a Gold Coast area maybe all their games should be played there to compensate

I think that will be the starting point in negotiations but I can't see it happening.

Was mentioned on TV last night and Robbo nearly had a heart attack.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Will27 said:

I think that will be the starting point in negotiations but I can't see it happening.

Was mentioned on TV last night and Robbo nearly had a heart attack.

Just Makes sense for all clubs to be in the Vic area dear sires.......Andy Andrews has backflipped his hard stance and in keeping with the desired and true affect that Victoria IS the home of football and the GF and events and wooo I just cant think right now as its not 9 am and I haven't finished my coffee which by the way tastes really good today, and that is my tastes buds..peoples with allergy's do say there tastes buds are like all over the place and mine certainly are....my nose is always blocked and I dont even notice, might be why one time I like Corona beer then I switch to James Boags for instance then by half way through the slab which can take a while to drink it by the way as I do it in spurts like 4 at a time with whiskey or wine..,.and sometimes all three depending on my mood...and its all for the after effect not because I actually love to drink the stuff...I just like how it makes me feel....I kinda turn off it, though I seem to mostly always like Corona... 

We have plenty of decent hotels army can supply the 400 tents to be pitched in Casey the Scorpion's territory which by the way were relocated from Vietnam heaven of Springvale which use to be an outer burb when the Viet invasion of Viet/chinese from 1973 came about from that holy unjust war that dragged on for ever and I nearly got involved with, would have been an experience having them bullets wizzes by my head thats for sure....one time I did face a god dam cannon staring me dead in the face only about 3 meters from my head, this was Sir Lanka at the closing stages of there civil war.....ahhh yes a little excitement is ok sirs....3.30 am a road block as the airport is stuck in the middle of now where troops with heavy artillery strapped to there shoulders didnt make staying in the airport comfy and besides there wasnt anywhere to hang around to wait for morning just a few hours away so TGF1 and I ventured forth into the great unknown only to get pulled over at this check point just outside Columbo....how do you feel when a dirty big machine gun is pointing at your head? in the pitch black of night,.....in a far off country.....where life's cheap......and after nearly 10 ys of civil war WILL shoot first and wont even ask questions later.....you feel scared thats what you feel.....though the taxi driver thought it normal....

As per normal, dropped off at the train station there were many corpses sleeping on the blue stone covered ground...them English did a nice job building this railway station, well the cafe was a corrugated lean to up against the beautiful build blue stone wall no doors and urine stench just outside that I caught a big wiff off on entering.... Sir Lankans are cousins to them Indians, all the food and everything else looking suspect I stuck with a sealed bottle of juice....Shaken and stirred I thought I cant stay here for another 2 hours so got a tuk tuk and hired a hotel room......Well this place had the 2 most evil looking receptionists ive ever laid eyes on, I had the most awful feeling from these too checking in, and it came to pass on getting back to BKK my credit card had been hacked and someone went crazy in Sydney at my expense to the tune off $7,500 approx until they shut my card down leaving me semi stranded in BKK.....with 4 weeks to go....I did have a bit of cash as you do and and I do carry a second credit card for emergencies so I really wasnt stranded im just trying to make you feel sorry of me....but hey it was an experience, I prefer using CC as its there money Ralph and they WILL work harder to get to the bottom of it...never ever do I take my key card overseas...no never.....

This hotel had the biggest bed I ever slept in....seriously I lost TGF1 in it....im not kidding, it could sleep 6 people comfortably, a relic of the colonial days and cheap...and the room....bigger than the entire 1 bedroom condo I hire in BKK, anyway getting back to Springvale....its now pretty much in the centre of Melbourne and a good place to put a couple of clubs....driving around they have no shame...Chinese and Viet writing up on shop fronts....like keep it in China town....I think its not appropriate really....Springvale seems more Chinese than Viet...Footscray the land of Franco Cottzzo who im sure you never heard off who recently retired from the furniture retail trade is in the land of Viet signage..... everywhere and you do feel like your in Saigon when there, I just cant get into Vietnam by the way...been twice.....Eagles could set up camp at the Western Oval in army tents and have dinner in the Viet take aways as restaurants not open yet...they could order in...easy....

Well Franco was this bigger than Ben Hurr character who use to make frigging awful telly commercials in the 70's, tall and looking like the local mafia don of Footscray had 3 stores, Fooscaray how he use to say it....Not Melbourne (North) and later Brunswick, Italian off course and looked like the simplest dill you ever laid eyes on, I did see him in person one time back in them days....the man on tv didnt resemble the man in person I can assure you tall and very sharp, and that cunning look...had made a fortune out of them old Italians and new Viets coming in.....His furniture you ask? I did take a look once and in Brunswick use to walk past his shop every day, well lets say we wouldnt buy it, nope really over the top and loud, in the olden days all the poor Italians and Greeks then later Viets all wanted to have there houses look like Colonial mansions full of tacky obnoxious furniture...me I use to buy antiques as I use to have a couple of antique houses along the road well traveled...now im ultra modern....Franco retired maybe 5 ys ago, owned his stores and Made a killing....as they were all  prime real estate by then...the commercials stoped a while ago, dont know when as I went off tv about 20 ys ago but they were really bad.....thats why hes so well known in Melbourne.....I may have spelt his name wrong...apologies .....

The press....im starting to loath them.... https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/14/business/mcdonalds-reopening-instructions-coronavirus/index.html like it goes without saying really....so far there gone through the phone book and were at M....one of these reports comes in every day....Journos and to think I dated one for 5 ys in Thailand and even she ended up escaping that world, she was the one I lost in that bed by the way, my niece is one too....I WILL have to have words with her when I see her again, the dribble they write these days....The niece even though a brunette has mainly had mouse or blonde hair since a teen and she kinda shows that slow dumb blonde look now well into her 20's, well shes ever determined like you have no idea, it just dont show, I use to gaze over at her thinking is she with us? yep she was it just didnt show.....now almost married her long suffering boy friend finally got her to move in well they did buy a house together a while back but instead shes ben working all over the country, the poor guy has driven up to Cairns with her hobby on the roof of his car think its one of them kite thingos and then when she packed it in went up to get it and bring It home for her....another time he drove her car up when she first got there as she flew....its fair to say shes had him wrapped around her finger since high school....and hes no dill either, he actually looks sharp, risen fast from mechanic apprentice to service manager at a truck manufacturer, a total opposite look to her....She also has the travel bug, shes been everywhere already and at first he use to hang back but quickly learned he better go as she wasnt changing.....anyway this guy is the classic romance novel....heart shaped eyes when ever shes around....im pretty sure he would go to pieces if she got bored with him....I been watching there relationship for a long time and im worried for him...he is a nice guy.....

Been watching reports on the NFL.....its seriously is the worst sports hype reporting even worse than the Heard Sun and who would think there could be worse not I, dont know where Apple news gets there reports from, Soccer too, seriously is total trash, last night online tried to get some up dates on the Browns..... from the more sports respected sites.......20 words of hype.... are sports nuts like WILL and Books so simple? noooo cant be...can it? gees its a turn off for me.....you know if we missed the entire season doubt it would worry me in fact no crowds is somewhat off putting.....watched a Sth Korean game first after Corvid-19 that Optus has the rights for....boring.......im not so sure this muck around with codes WILL work...just cancel sport 2020 I say.....and get rid of Goodwin....

The case of the Demon coach is this, after a stellar season had nothing up his selves when hit with injuries, by the time he was getting them back there was absolutely nothing coming from the team, no improvement at all, then after all the hype over last season and even going to the trouble of making a few movies to get them and supporters up go to Perth for a vacation, showed nothing, every detail looks to be has lost the team, we have a decent list that should be in the top 8 at least, seen some draft day vids on utube seriously while the crew were looking busy and dedicated Goodwin was all at sea, like a ham knew he was getting recored a dopie grim and coffee and cake boy for the men..............arrrrrrrrr

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Will27 said:

Just watched a terrific doco on Fox Footy called: 150th Anniversary Documentary - Onward to Victory Port Adelaide.

It's well worth a look.

Ive struggle'd to watch most AFL documentaries. The club ones i have looked at have an air of romantic fluffery/propaganda to them.

• Like 1