Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Just now, AlexRRR said:

I recomend trashing the aeroplane the Dees fly around in so they get stranded interstate somewhere then we can start all over again here....

Like if i was the pay master writing the cheques out...well they EFT them these days id be really in a lot of pain tooooo press the send button....

Just now, AlexRRR said:

Like if i was the pay master writing the cheques out...well they EFT them these days id be really in a lot of pain tooooo press the send button....

In fact if i was Bartlet and Pert id be asking for a refund from these hoiliday cruisers.....

Im having a great year....Melb Victory second last on there 3rd coach for this season lost to the last place Mariners the other night.....Newcastle United take over...the Saudi's pull the pin, and i got to watch this rabble ......what a year.... now stuck home for 6 weeks watching flys crawl up the wall.....did my only job this moring...40 min and that was all over too....putting up a retractable clothes line...life....

10 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Pies play like the Dees i noticed lately but there good enough for you guys....you need Oscar and Tom up there....going cheap......cheap cheap like baby chickens......

Edited by Will27

12 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

Sydney in the mood for an upset against Collingwood tonight

Sydney have dropped 4 players
Sam Gray
Ryan Clarke
Lewis taylor

Nick Blakely

Gray (port) , Clarke (Norf) and Taylor (Brissie) were all pick ups that other clubs couldn't wait to offload and Sydney found they were the only players they could get to come to Sydney.

Performing so well and providing so much experience that they have all been dropped!

Blakey, the new messiah , touted to win a triple Brownlow into the future , has also gone due to his failing eyesight , which has led to him not being able to find the ball during a game, or when it falls into hi shands, he cannot see where the goal posts are.

This has opened up the gates once more for some youngsters with Sam Wicks making his debut (small forward who also plays mid) , and Jackson Thurlow and Dylan Stephens coming back in , As well as backman Melican.

Big Johny Horse C*ck has thrown away his play style bible of the last decade and gone for a more free flowing, play the corridor, play on quickly, avoid the long kicks to the boundary style of play. When St Kilda broke free last week Big JOhnny kept the game plan and refused to throw 12 player behind the ball.
Swans supporters are hoping to see more of this style this week. Losses are okay if the young fellas get some game times and learn a style of play that supporters want to watch.

Swans to win by 12

Close but no cigar BM:sad:

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Will27 said:

Close but no cigar BM:sad:

Pre game Swans were given no chance
Post game Swans supporters lamenting the Swans losing

Pressure from both sides was relentless throughout the game. First quarter looked to be pointing to a scoreboard mauling. Some accurate kicking from Sydney and the boys were in with a chance. Lot of handling errors from Sydney, to be expected given the youth of our side and pressure from Collingwood

5 minute period of the game decided the result.
The 50 that Taylor gave away changed the momentum. Collingwood Goaled
Dubious free to Reid shortly after and Collingwood goaled
Then Hayward tackled Maynard in Collingwood's 50 and Maynard threw the ball away, no free given, easy kick for goal to Sydney if free awarded.

Free kick count to Collingwood was 23-11 
Inside 50s were 50 - 33 in favor of Collingwood

Not going to be easy to win with those two stats alone, but Sydney had their chances until the end, the final 10 minutes they crumbled several times under pressure.

The team definitely lacked experience last night, but there was a lot to like about some of the youngsters. Not in the class of the Gold Coast young crew, but still not so bad

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

Pre game Swans were given no chance
Post game Swans supporters lamenting the Swans losing

Pressure from both sides was relentless throughout the game. First quarter looked to be pointing to a scoreboard mauling. Some accurate kicking from Sydney and the boys were in with a chance. Lot of handling errors from Sydney, to be expected given the youth of our side and pressure from Collingwood

5 minute period of the game decided the result.
The 50 that Taylor gave away changed the momentum. Collingwood Goaled
Dubious free to Reid shortly after and Collingwood goaled
Then Hayward tackled Maynard in Collingwood's 50 and Maynard threw the ball away, no free given, easy kick for goal to Sydney if free awarded.

Free kick count to Collingwood was 23-11 
Inside 50s were 50 - 33 in favor of Collingwood

Not going to be easy to win with those two stats alone, but Sydney had their chances until the end, the final 10 minutes they crumbled several times under pressure.

The team definitely lacked experience last night, but there was a lot to like about some of the youngsters. Not in the class of the Gold Coast young crew, but still not so bad

I didn't catch any of the second half.

I take it that 5 minute period was in the last quarter?

Just saw the Daicos goal that sealed it on AFL.com.

A good goal but commentators going coco's because of the name.

Who kicked it out?

Was a dreadful kick to the pocket with 2.30 minutes to go.

I would've thought Rampe needed to take the kick in.

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Who kicked it out?

The Meat Pies are in FREEFALL...............so many scandals concerning them this year...Its rocked the mothership its affected the players and there playing like it....I mean even the coach goes off to play golf.......like i said there been playing like the Demons.....that Bob Dylan song? No Direction Known.....sums it up...

• Like 1

Checked the Tipping ladder...i swear we need to put WILL on handicap......not fair......meanwhile im breathing down Radar and Fj's neck....just one behind them......expecting to get off the bottom next round fellas.....

• Like 1

Counting clouds today guys....only trouble its a mass of grey.......2 cups of coffee today i got more energy today than i had all year.....expresso bongo coffee beans bobbing around in my blood stream....

Darn did the only job i had yesterday ...what to do...what to do.....if i order that gaming laptop i should have it in a week no?  I am trying too resist....only 5 weeks and 5 days to go.....

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Who kicked it out?

The period was in the 3rdQ, Sydney were up 30-22 and Collingwood were struggling. One more syndye goal and id say it was bye bye collingwood.

The 50 metre penalty gave them 30-28 against the run of play.  Ben reid gets a dubious penalty a couple of minutes later = 30-34.
1 minute later Sydney not rewarded for a tackle and incorrect disposal in front 45 degree angle.

And that was the game right there in that 5 minutes.

Melican took that kick in and it was a shocker, looking for Mills who was surrounded by 3 players and not even getting close

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Will27 said:

Thanks mate.

A long way to go though.

Only just past the halfway mark.

Some huge games again this round.

We know how it goes from here GURU WILL...... the lads and i WILL need to sit down and work out your handicap for next season....

• Haha 1

Fantasy time....well i dont know, i was kinda up for it then i lost it for awhile now the adrenaline is back with 4 rounds before the finals....

Really been hard to come up with a stradegy this year, began with previous seasons in mind but that went to the wall pretty fast, anyway ive since developed one i think can get me close to another GF, as your all aware especially whos playing the game player values and points not always reflect so ive taken a slightly new aproach....no i wont divulge lets just see if it works...

Wendy has been a suprise, doing very well and on top...won the last 4 on the trott, Chooks hasn't recovered from season one when going undefeated all season long then went and done a colliwobble during the finals and has remained......RIP is sitting pretty at 3rd i think...were shut out from fantasy at the moment....and Fj is 4th from memory....and dont you worry about Fj...he is tunning in....i been keeping an eye on his team.....

Right now nothing between the top 4 its on the day, with these week long events its cost me at least one game when i had like 5 out....Fj has done well in that area with emergencies ive noted, he studies hard.....the Guru of fantasy, im not changing my ways....i have a plan...ive noticed......could back fire during sudden death finals but thats the risk we take......Im a gambler when it doesn't cost me my hard earned money....

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 2

Tom Papley fined $500 for staging.

First and only player to be fined for staging this year.

AFL responding direct to Clarko's instructions.
It won't help Pappers get any frees the rest of the season. Despite protestations to the opposite, the Umpires often adjudicate based on like/dislike of players 

Callan Ward would surely have to also be fined for staging based on that?
Let's face it, there could be 10 players every week fined for staging

• Like 2

Surprised @Thechook and @wendyfromoz have been quiet on St Kilda this season.

I was impressed with their recruiting in the off season and the players they have brought in have not disappointed.

Compare it with the similar top up recruiting of Hawthorn and St Kilda is way ahead

*edit... And as chance would have it, @Thechook posts as I am writing my post ????

Edited by BookmanBkk
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Surprised @Thechook and @wendyfromoz have been quiet on St Kilda this season.

I was impressed with their recruiting in the off season and the players they have brought in have not disappointed.

Compare it with the similar top up recruiting of Hawthorn and St Kilda is way ahead

*edit... And as chance would have it, @Thechook posts as I am writing my post ????

Been working full time, very little time on my hands book an.  Dan Butler was a good pick for us at pick 59.  Best small forward going around at the moment, reminds me of Milne.  Only difference Milne gropes women and Butler men.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BookmanBkk said:

BIg Game yesterday, @sceadugenga would be excited
Richmond and Port in a sensational game, Richmond humbled really and lucky not to be another 30 down on the scoreboard.

A rare 100 metre penalty against Caddy for not getting out of the way of the player after the first 50 , sealed the game for Port in many ways.

Brisbane smashed Port not so long ago and Richmond smashed Brisbane and now Port smashes Richmond
Add in West Coast
St Kilda
Western Bulldogs
Geelong
GWS

Anyone's premiership to win

If I was a whiny Crows supporter I'd say that the umpires had been killing us but we've managed to overcome this.

Regardless, I still think that anything can happen this season.

'Absolute disgrace': AFL world erupts over 'horrible' moment

AFL fans and commentators erupted in anger on Saturday over what many labelled the worst umpiring decision of the season.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/afl-2020-fans-erupt-disgraceful-umpiring-controversy-221108037.html

• Like 2