Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

1 hour ago, BookmanBkk said:

In Better news, Hawthorn's decline continues and the Umps continue their mysertrous dislike of the current team.

@sceadugenga might have been worried after Hawks came out blasting and dominated the first quarter, but Port wiped the sleep from their eyes and with some second half umpire assistance , were victors.

image.png.8626508d0f9bcf0f43c1e01a00b77229.png

I didn't see this one but unusual for a team not to get a free kick in a half of footy.

Speaking of free kicks. I see Richmond getting kissed on the dick as per usual.

The free for the Grimes dive and the 50 meters was terrible.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

May has turned out to be an excellent recruit after some early pies hiccups.

Lever on the other hand.

Reported to be on $700 000 plus.

IMO, would have to be the most overpaid player in the comp if that's true.

Yep i like May and hes been handed a lot of media roles can see why he was and possibly should be a captain again, Leaver is a dead flop, play him forward....i think he could be useful across the half forward line, he can take a very good grab arms like a monkeys plays taller than he is i think he is a froward now...or should be consider at least...

Goodwin and id say most coaches now dont make to many moves during a game there got this rotation thing going, with players moving around and off the ground im guessing there thinking that the play will change, well i think you still need to man up on some players and thats why i think Harmes is being cruisifed stuck on a half back flank, he is a very good stopper that can turn it into offence, very dynamic in the middle of the ground and a goal kicking mid......just by watching fantasy Bontenelli has kicked up a gear along with Oliver in the last month, not to cover him was a mistake, and we saw what happened when he cut loose in the 3rd....

Simon WILL do enough to save his backside this year unfortunately, by the time they realise he's not up to it its a rebuild....

• Like 1

I have much sympathy for Robbie Muir.  Poor fellow must have copped horrendous abuse from fans, opposition players and even his own teammates.   It was all too easy for cowards to press Muir's red button, and his career was cut short courtesy of the VFL tribunal, an intolerant football community and his own not-so private demons.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-23/afl-st-kilda-apologise-to-robert-muir-admit-to-grave-errors/12587102

Sometimes, I get mighty confused with CAUSE and EFFECT.   Dunno if Robbie's short fuse made him a target for racial baiting, or whether the racial baiting caused his short fuse.

A gifted player and a terrific bloke, but alas, the likes of these two short VDO's are wot the footy world will remember of the man.

Edited by Radar501
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Radar501 said:

I have much sympathy for Robbie Muir.  Poor fellow must have copped horrendous abuse from fans, opposition players and even his own teammates.   It was all too easy for cowards to press Muir's red button, and his career was cut short courtesy of the VFL tribunal, an intolerant football community and his own not-so private demons.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-23/afl-st-kilda-apologise-to-robert-muir-admit-to-grave-errors/12587102

Sometimes, I get mighty confused with CAUSE and EFFECT.   Dunno if Robbie's short fuse made him a target for racial baiting, or whether the racial baiting caused his short fuse.

A gifted player and a terrific bloke, but alas, the likes of these two short VDO's are wot the footy world will remember of the man.

Sorry Radar.....Korries to often use the excuse they are Korrie for and thats the reason for failure....the ones in the outback maybe, the city living ones mostly dont own it wont get over it and use it as an excuse, the very fact they get preferential treatment like free university etc and yes i known someone who got it all and still ended up a bum and dead in his early 40s who used his back ground as an excuse to fail and he was a white korrie yet his dad black as they come rose in the ranks and had a great career before he retired respected and should have been looked up to by his son...

I got picked on at school, i didnt look for excuses, i think what we may find is that the way there brought up parental values has more to do with there issues than there actual race, the idea of a reservation in the outback isnt such a bad idea if there not willing to conform, im a bit over the natives of AU, USA and other places using race as an excuse, Europe was over run many times women raped you name it, whos pure these days? Having said all of that tolerance of other races should be with in the make up of normal people unfortunately many were not in line when Arc Angel Gabe was handing out brains so you know, its 2020 it is what it is either conform or go be a hermit pretty simple.

I recall Robbie...he had anger issues for sure, he claimed some team mate peed on his leg in the shower one time, yes disgraceful pretty sure if he had of punched the guy in the face later all that would have stoped....if he was getting picked on with in the team he needed to stand up sooner or later the club would have stepped in and if they didnt you could leave....i wouldnt have tolarated bad behaviour from my team mates for long, nothing getting done about it id walk....

Anyway i dont think its as damming as it appears....Robbie played maybe 6 or 7 ys with the Saints at least, he got into trouble a lot, the club stuck by him, with what was known then they would have been supporting him, most of his issues would have been brought into the club with him, for that time i dont think the Saints did to badly...he was there from 1974 to 1984 missing 1979, played 68 games.....9 years is a long time to put up with <deleted>.....can we get real please?

• Like 2

Yes LX, there is an element within the Koori community who soak up wotever entitlements that come their way, without having to take personal responsibility for their own upkeep.   I used to see it in my old job on a daily basis up in Mildura and Robinvale.   We called it Passive Reverse Discrimination, but I accepted the world as it was without bucking the flawed system.

I have been rather vocal on this forum over the years of my criticism of Adam Goodes' behaviour.  It seemed too easy and far too convenient for him to pull out the racism red card when it suited.   And all that booing directed at him was because of his character, not because of the colour of skin.   A very divisive individual.

But, I went to heaps of Carlton v St.Kilda games in the late 70's early 80's and the relentless torment that Robert Muir had to endure from the Blues supporters was disgusting, more-so when there were other black fellas playing the game who got away from the abuse almost scot-free.

I'm not sure wot happened within the sanctity at St Kilda and whether he confronted his team-mates or stayed quiet for club cohesion   At least out on the paddock, Muir would take things like a man and stand toe to toe with anyone who upset him.   Not like Goodes who was a goddamn attention seeking sook who just wanted a cuddle.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Radar501 said:

Yes LX, there is an element within the Koori community who soak up wotever entitlements that come their way, without having to take personal responsibility for their own upkeep.   I used to see it in my old job on a daily basis up in Mildura and Robinvale.   We called it Passive Reverse Discrimination, but I accepted the world as it was without bucking the flawed system.

I have been rather vocal on this forum over the years of my criticism of Adam Goodes' behaviour.  It seemed too easy and far too convenient for him to pull out the racism red card when it suited.   And all that booing directed at him was because of his character, not because of the colour of skin.   A very divisive individual.

But, I went to heaps of Carlton v St.Kilda games in the late 70's early 80's and the relentless torment that Robert Muir had to endure from the Blues supporters was disgusting, more-so when there were other black fellas playing the game who got away from the abuse almost scot-free.

I'm not sure wot happened within the sanctity at St Kilda and whether he confronted his team-mates or stayed quiet for club cohesion   At least out on the paddock, Muir would take things like a man and stand toe to toe with anyone who upset him.   Not like Goodes who was a goddamn attention seeking sook who just wanted a cuddle.

Bobbie might have had heeps heeped on him he didnt cop it from Dee supporters i personally hated the living sight of Rthy-Jones, how ever you spell it even to look at it as a human was disgusting he was a dirty instigator and even now i read one of his interview in recent years is still a dead beat looser off the highest order.....still makes me sick to my stomach, the point is didnt matter your colour if your a PPPPPPRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCKKKKKK your a PPPPPPPRRRRRRIIIIIIICCCCCCCKKKKK.....and hes still a PPPPPPPPPRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCKKKKKKK...

Even when he was in a Swans jumpier he just got worse once he became a Blue......the Robbie Walls influence you think?

• Haha 1

Stop Press.................Dees sack Goodwin.......Hallelujah praise be to the exulted one.....

Did i cope a shock reading CNN this morning....ho yes i did..........once the coffee settled i realised it was a dream....dam the torpedoes.......

I had a few dreams last night so much so i was wide awake by 7am.....to disturbing to get back to sleep......The trigger must have been when i was on utube last night i saw but didnt play some vid on Goodwin in his hey day at the Crows......what a restless night.....

PSG go down followed by riots in Paris.....can you believe? Premier League starts in less than 3 weeks and Newcastle United still to sign any new players, and after all the who hur about wanting to transfer to Real Pogpa WILL be staying put and signing a new contract......these soccer players are a drama within them selves honestly.....

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=12359282 It payes to be poor, Brad has had to put up for 4 ys trying yo get a divorce from Ange......together for 12 ys married the last 2 before the split....why ruin a good thing? i dont know.....humans can do silly things in the heat of the moment.....i just never let it get that warm these days to allow myself to be trapped......

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=12359265 had to laugh when i seen the daks that got her kicked out of the gym......whats with some people? ......Look ive never found any woman in a gym attractive, ever, sweaty, no make up, red faced, so unsexy,  and these daks are crappy anyway, she does have a nice butt but hey.....believe me when i say im a perve big time yet in a gym i dont look.....

Well the AFL are up to there old tricks....cant leave anything alone, destroyed the VFA now rooting around again, merging some Vic leagues leaving some clubs out of it.......AFL clubs told they can field a stand alone team or join with a current one or spread there players around....gees......and it wasn't so long ago the blueprint was to cut numbers and save money....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Who would want to be a forward in some of the teams these days.

If you can't trust your forwards in one on one contests you have little hope of success.I would rather cop a hiding trying to attack than lose by 5 goals not having a go.

C'mon Shaw pull your finger out or <deleted> off,Grrr

Didn't watch the whole game FJ, but from what I saw, the skill level was just disgraceful.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Will27 said:

I think, hope we can play in Qld.

Losing our full forward in the first quarter didn't help.

I still think Richmond and Geelong are the best 2 sides in it.

Anyway, the next 4 games will tell us.

You wanna hope the Eagles can play up in Queensland, Andrews is doing a sweetheart deal for the GF to go there and trying to swing for one of the Commonwealth games they often get to do to come on down to CorVictoria

• Like 1

August 30 its officially spring in 2 days...the rusty motor mowers have been hitting the kerbs last two mornings....one neighbour decides to cut his nature strip at 9 am this morning while im still in bed.....20 yesterday 17 today but....i can sit here with no heater on this morning, sun streaming through skillion windows.....

Well cant "Goodwin" coach you can take that anyway you like...im still not picking them in the tipping....He is left handed i noted that when Fox spied into the coaches box last night...so you know what left handed people are like dont we.....odd....very odd..... my sister could write with both hands very well when she was young.....then she went right and after that ended up with a PHD...so you know....the boys are the dummies in the family....It was funny at the ceremony at Melb Uni when they were handing out the what evers the ever pessimistic Bro in-law tradie yobbo proud as punch and chatting with all the hiso's.....

Well i was expecting them to get rolled over at anytime in last nights game, second half turned into a defensive struggle, May is looking captain material again and pretty much beat the Saints on his own, Demons continue to do the sloppy kicks and hand balls to the other team....but please can somebody tell me the rules of the game........what happened to over the shoulder/neck in the back holding the ball rules plz......

You now get a free for holding the ball just because a defender was able to spoil your kick...no in the back when the one or two players push you into the ground nor roll there entire bodies over your neck and head....come on umps.....there was a mild sling tackle last night that we didnt get pinged for too, seriously rugby league has more rules than we do now days.....if i had to explain the game to a foreigner all i would be saying "ahhh they keep changing the rules".....

Well you would think we have a place in the 8 "in the bag" with who we need to get over in remaining games....but we the Dee's are value for money....we WILL keep everyone on there toes and take it right down to the wire just to keep it exciting.....so you know they WILL be worn out playing 5 elimination finals like games leading up to the actual finals...

That coffee found its mark......Fj should be let out today, the big Mazda waiting to take him home, you can now get your air rifle out and take pot shots a the tree snakes fella.....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Will27 said:

Glad to see your boys getting the choccies Uncle Alex.

I was hoping they could hang on.

What a goal by Petracca!

Should've been paid the mark anyway.

The AFL is a multi million dollars industry.

Hard hard is it to get a camera on the goaline <deleted>?

Wasnt hard to see it wasnt touched......unlike the 2 against the dogs and one of them was more than iffiy in my book.....

Petracca strengthen up and slimmed down think he droped 6 kgs over last summer, thats given him the edge in a contest.....

I dare say Simon WILL have Salem at Specsavers today fitting him out for some glasses....a few more handballs to the Saints from him last night....

• Haha 1