Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

32 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Happy to wrestle 2nd last away from uncle Alex in the tipping after he got the choccies in the fantasy.

Finally made it home to catch the bounce of the kangas game.

Fortunately 4 big leo's and can't rewmember a thing about the game.????

A 2 pot screamer.......well i clearly thought i picked GWS and Pies.....its lockdown thats what it is......so you know i got a suprise when i looked late this afternoon...

Fanatsy well i had hope to Finnish 3rd and play you in an elimination final....as i just couldnt face playing in a 4th GF and loosing again....by the way i see you own 4th spot.....no one can take it away from you....

Ps i had a restless night during the week and had half a bottle of JWBlack....not the airport 1lt job, the Danny Murphy 700mm.....i was so suprised when i got up friday moring....A that i drank that much and B my throat wasnt burnt to death....sim sala bin...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, farmerjo said:

Happy to wrestle 2nd last away from uncle Alex in the tipping after he got the choccies in the fantasy.

Finally made it home to catch the bounce of the kangas game.

Fortunately 4 big leo's and can't rewmember a thing about the game.????

Was it no Leo's in quarantine? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I agree Alex. Rather than playing more games at Optus and giving clubs and the AFL more money due to bigger crowds, it's

easier to sack a few more people.

It's all about integrity you know.

Like interstate sides having to Richmond and Hawthorn on their home ground for a GF.

Would never happen.

Hey!!!!! i still dont understand why we are playing shorter quarters.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Just for Uncle Alex.

The AFL can, should go back to full quarters this year

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/the-afl-can-should-go-back-to-full-quarters-this-year-20200613-p5529p.html

Your just a minefield of information arnt you Old WILL.....

Ummmmmm.....well in theory they have a point, they could have expanded the interchange bench which would have been my preference and in light of they the AFL once again chopping into there VFL/Reserves comp it makes sense to just do away with a second comp and run a bigger bench, right now clubs are quite happy running scratch matches to keep there non regulars and returning wounded fit....

Mark my words.....good chance in the future they WILL spread games out over the week and mind you "they" said monday night footy didnt work.....see it as a given, and im not so sure they wont tamper with the length of a game either.....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Radar501 said:

Mr. Purple is made from Sheffield steel, so "getting it up' and 'keeping it up" is not my problem.    The availability of willing and able ladies in my life has always gone through a feast or famine cycle, and at present time I am enduring a drought of biblical proportions.

Next time I get lucky, I must remember to bring a can of Mortein along, coz all these spiders and centipedes will get pushed out of the pipe first.

EDIT:  Can we get back on topic please.

Boing!

4 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Well there's only 6 tips between the bottom 8 tipsters so certainly still something to tip for,nobody wants the Spoon.  

It will be difficult to beat ALex for that position .. it will take something special to get below the old fella

• Haha 2

The Gabba it is for the AFL Grand Final!

Surprisingly the AFL website had the announcement ....nowhere!

You would reckon they would be promoting this more so than the SPECIAl rounds such as Diversity/indigenous/Women rounds... but a glance last night and this morning at the afl website you wouldn't know anything about it.

Brisbane has a chance here if they can kick some goals.

Richmond will be liking it
West Coast will have to come up with some plans for staying away from home to have a chance

Geelong... well!

AFL1.PNG

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Radar501 said:

Mr. Purple is made from Sheffield steel, so "getting it up' and 'keeping it up" is not my problem.    The availability of willing and able ladies in my life has always gone through a feast or famine cycle, and at present time I am enduring a drought of biblical proportions.

Next time I get lucky, I must remember to bring a can of Mortein along, coz all these spiders and centipedes will get pushed out of the pipe first.

EDIT:  Can we get back on topic please.

Well you are lucky to have AlexRRR amongst the posters here

Ask him for some of supermodel discards

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Taking WC out of the equation, as I don't think we'll get there, Blind Freddy could see that the GF should be played at Optus in front of 60 000 fans.

There was a huge 1500 at the WC game last night.

Buckley and Goodwin when asked last night on 360 said it pretty much should be played at the best stadium.

The AFL know what they are doing mate

If ground capacity was a factor then the AFL would play every Grand Final at the MCG for the next fifty years

• Like 1

I used to like it when Dennis and Bruce called games together.

Bruce has turned into an embarrassment, but "we know that".

Comment: Bruce McAvaney asked 55 rhetorical questions in one AFL game — it’s almost time to go

Bruce McAvaney asked 55 rhetorical questions in one AFL game on Sunday. Channel 7 have a decision on their hands, don’t they?

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/comment-bruce-mcavaney-asked-55-rhetorical-questions-in-one-afl-game-its-almost-time-to-go/news-story/de72e745724575a7699f0a271ca49aa3

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BookmanBkk said:

Reasons why Brisbane will host the GF and not PERTH

GF1.PNG

GF2.PNG

Well not looking to upset anyone as i dont have a view on where the GF should be played since its not in Vic anymore....the reason behind the Gabba was...A Queensland was accommodating more so than other states in hubs etc and B was the numbers/crowed that will let in, WA and SA were stuck on 30,000 and 31,000 and Gabba 30,000....so with all things being equal it was down to the payola under the table...though since all of the 30,000 WILL be corporate there gonna wanna be in the same time zone...Sydney and Melbourne ....yes business speaks and there paying .....wasnt mentioned bet its a big factor..... Also mentioned where how inflexible WA were so yes it might be an excuse and look i can bang on for ever too...real footy die hearts dont get to go to a GF because 80,000 seats go to corporate, hangers on, i know a friend deal and the beautiful people, 20,000 gets spread between members of said clubs...and the clubs say they give as first in best dressed but thats not true....first crack at GF tickets go to members further up the food chain so you know the ordinary seasons ticket holder all 50,000 of them get to hustle for 500 tickets....

ALL WRONG but thats life....Look watching on the telly is fine...i get a great view and dont have to put up with the half time entertainment thats on they think we need......sim salsa bin laden....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I used to like it when Dennis and Bruce called games together.

Bruce has turned into an embarrassment, but "we know that".

Comment: Bruce McAvaney asked 55 rhetorical questions in one AFL game — it’s almost time to go

Bruce McAvaney asked 55 rhetorical questions in one AFL game on Sunday. Channel 7 have a decision on their hands, don’t they?

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/comment-bruce-mcavaney-asked-55-rhetorical-questions-in-one-afl-game-its-almost-time-to-go/news-story/de72e745724575a7699f0a271ca49aa3

You have great power in your hands......its called the sound button on the remote control.......a very useful tool indeed....i used it liberally and been known to watch games in almost silence....can hear choo scratching on the veranda sometimes....

Bruce.....well hes a Sth Aussie say no more.....everyone thought he was a great commentator when he first rocked up, hes annoyed me for for years....but not as much as Sandy Roberts, the day he gave it away meant i could listen to games....

And if you think AFL commentators mostly stink you wanna watch some Aleague on Kayo....the duo they used of the 3 OMG is all i can say...talk about a limited vertical view.....

• Like 1

And you reminded me.....NFL well there are a couple of commentators who to my ears sound like nails scratching on corrugated iron....both former quarterbacks....Troy Aikmen something like that...OMG and the other guy.....forget his name now both are god dam horrible.....

English soccer has mostly had good commentators they dont try and call every kick....i dont mind listening there...

• Like 1