Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Did you pick Brissie Ripstanley?

You'd be disappointed with that...looked like they were going to win

Rips got me in the fantasy so he wins something this week.

Tomorrows game i would like to pick a draw and get double points but thats not avalible.

Experts have tipped GC,i just dont know,Chimpy?

Chimpy has been feeling a bit down since chooka was banned. He just sits on the couch watching replays of ST Kilda games from the Ross Lyon years.

That's a tough one to pick...bottom of the table clash..

I was going to take Gold Coast, but then i remembered they had a bye last week..Carlton looked good against a very average Port.

Your a gambling man.....your 3rd with an arrow....will you go with Gws?

If they win and you picked them you would be the toast of the thaimob, but alas I will play it safe, still 10 games to go that a possible score of 90 still out there to get......what was it Malthouse said about the slow ox?

Haha

• Like 2

Chooka banned,wondered why his tipping has been a little unstable lately.

Hope he's back for the trophy presentation at the end of the season.tongue.png

He might be dreadful in the tipping but he's dam good in the fantasy...

His twin Carnegie Joe probably helps out

• Like 1

Did you pick Brissie Ripstanley?

You'd be disappointed with that...looked like they were going to win

Rips got me in the fantasy so he wins something this week.

Tomorrows game i would like to pick a draw and get double points but thats not avalible.

Experts have tipped GC,i just dont know,Chimpy?

Chimpy has been feeling a bit down since chooka was banned. He just sits on the couch watching replays of ST Kilda games from the Ross Lyon years.

That's a tough one to pick...bottom of the table clash..

I was going to take Gold Coast, but then i remembered they had a bye last week..Carlton looked good against a very average Port.

Your a gambling man.....your 3rd with an arrow....will you go with Gws?

If they win and you picked them you would be the toast of the thaimob, but alas I will play it safe, still 10 games to go that a possible score of 90 still out there to get......what was it Malthouse said about the slow ox?

Haha

I probably wont go with GWS mate...i don't think Gold Coast either. From their last performance i had them penciled in... and they have 4 players returning this week, with Sam Day and Bennell to make the big difference. But i think the bye round is against them, they are still a couple of decent returning players short, and Carlton played a different style last week and look hungry.

Carlton for me

• Like 2

Perhaps you Sydney boys can shed some light on this one.

A mate from Perth called today and said there was a piece in today's

paper saying Lewis Jetta hadn't signed as yet. Said hannerberry's new

contract made him the 3rd highest paid at the club and Jetta might not

get his market value AND that WC are going to make a huge play for him.

What's the word on the Soi fella's......any truth in it?

Jetta would be a big loss for Sydney. I think his family is from WA, and there was some talk about Freo...Jetta was one of the spearheads in 2012 when he kicked 45 goals. Since that year his role has significantly changed. He didn't enjoy the change at first, but this year he has had a bit more freedom and he has improved his tackling and defensive game.

I can see a different club using him in a different role.

Should be money to keep him. Goodes has to go to save $$: i'm sorry, Goodes is playing well, but Jetta can do another 8 years. Also Shaw can be let go to free money. Think of Geelong sheddnig tehir decent experienced players

Tippet is the big disappointment and is not worth any more than $600k a year

Jetta has two kids now and he might be thinking of the need to have family closer to help with domestic duties..

If it came down to a choice of re-signing between teddy and jetta, I'd be locking in Jetta

• Like 1

Tippet another mitch i think....you get more games out of him but looks like his best football has been played, I'm truly disappointed mitch hasn't kicked on at the Cats but I'm still to see a good player leave the Dees and succeed, though Rivers was always dependable and injuries in his early prime robbed him somewhat.

Your Jetta would be great anywhere though it seems the 2 ends where we would use him seem covered now.

As for C joe......maybe someone in this group as several ids...

ps what ever happened to that BKKjulie or what ever her name was....1 post them disappeared?

• Like 1

Perhaps you Sydney boys can shed some light on this one.

A mate from Perth called today and said there was a piece in today's

paper saying Lewis Jetta hadn't signed as yet. Said hannerberry's new

contract made him the 3rd highest paid at the club and Jetta might not

get his market value AND that WC are going to make a huge play for him.

What's the word on the Soi fella's......any truth in it?

Jetta would be a big loss for Sydney. I think his family is from WA, and there was some talk about Freo...Jetta was one of the spearheads in 2012 when he kicked 45 goals. Since that year his role has significantly changed. He didn't enjoy the change at first, but this year he has had a bit more freedom and he has improved his tackling and defensive game.

I can see a different club using him in a different role.

Should be money to keep him. Goodes has to go to save $$: i'm sorry, Goodes is playing well, but Jetta can do another 8 years. Also Shaw can be let go to free money. Think of Geelong sheddnig tehir decent experienced players

Tippet is the big disappointment and is not worth any more than $600k a year

Jetta has two kids now and he might be thinking of the need to have family closer to help with domestic duties..

If it came down to a choice of re-signing between teddy and jetta, I'd be locking in Jetta

Yeah there was a bit of talk about Jetts on Friday after Hanners put pen to paper, he's the only one who hasn't signed on.

Apparently there's 3 clubs chasing him and word on the soi was big money.

Swans need to do everything they can to keep him, he's an integral part of the team. Would love to see Goodesey take one for the team. I can also see Cinderella being put up as trade bait as well in order to secure Jetts, especially if he can't finding his radar for the rest of the year.

• Like 2

(filling in for Ripstanley who is back here in OZ at the moment)

Results of this weeks tipping!

Most Improved: Bookman

Tipster on Fire: Bookman

Comin' for Khun Willy: Bookman

oh...9 out of 12 Tipsters were 5 from 6. Winner this week with closest margin is CarnegieJoe!

biggrin.png

• Like 2

oh...9 out of 12 Tipsters were 5 from 6. Winner this week with closest margin is CarnegieJoe!

biggrin.png

Methinks there should be a Royal Commission into this CarnegieJoe character!

• Like 1

biggrin.png

Methinks there should be a Royal Commission into this CarnegieJoe character!

i beat him in fantasy this week hehehe.....can we have him thrown out on trumpt up charges?

• Like 2

Seems the Bondi Billionaires will be the Doonside Dole Bludgers this week with Buddy and Cinderella both being offered 1 match stints...

Goodesey was cleared...

I expected 1 match. One A*#*hole herald Sun Journo said on Fox they should be getting 4 weeks for Buddy and 3 for Tippet

Makes it interesting for the port game

Tippet is more use in teh ruck at the moment anyway

Seems the Bondi Billionaires will be the Doonside Dole Bludgers this week with Buddy and Cinderella both being offered 1 match stints...

Goodesey was cleared...

I expected 1 match. One A*#*hole herald Sun Journo said on Fox they should be getting 4 weeks for Buddy and 3 for Tippet

You're better off just punching someone in the guts now.

That seems to have been legalizedwhistling.gif

• Like 2

Goodesey was cleared...

Punching in the back of the head is okay too. Firrito v Buddy

this could be good for Sydney. they need to try something diff up forward. They cannot rely on buddy to be the game winner, he needs support.

Parker, heeney, jetta, Rohan. these are the options Sydney have, IMO , who can make a difference up forward.

The other issue i have for Sydney is I feel Longmire is sometimes too slow to make a change. He makes the change way after the horse has bolted, trampled someone, come back and stamped them into the ground, then gone and trampled back over the person.

Should be Shaw's last year. Teddy is also sadly lacking in form as the #1 guy down back

• Like 2

Funny you mention Horse being reactive, he came out almost immediately after the MRP released their findings and said that Buddy & Cinderella will not be going to the ball on Thursday night.

I too thought Horse was a bit 'careful' in his decision making and this front foot step (IMO) was very surprising...

Things are a bit thin on the ground at Moore Park, Bird and Robinson injured in the NEAFL on Friday night, Heeney a late withdrawl from the NEAFL on Friday night.

The Lumberjack is expected to play on Thursday according to Horse, so that's a relief and if Lobbe and Ryder aren't fit that will be another bonus for us in the middle. Last time 'round Sydney had 15 more 'hit outs' and the Lumberjack smashed Ryder 29-16. This is where the game will be won and lost on Thursday. If Port get first use, the Swans are in for a long night.

Expect to see Spiderman play the 3rd man up. Reid will most likely go forward and play Tippett's role. I hope the Swans dump Derrickx and resist the move to have a tall forward. I think the midfield will be too strong though for Port.

It won't be easy but the Swans to get the chocolates...

• Like 1

Funny you mention Horse being reactive, he came out almost immediately after the MRP released their findings and said that Buddy & Cinderella will not be going to the ball on Thursday night.

I too thought Horse was a bit 'careful' in his decision making and this front foot step (IMO) was very surprising...

Things are a bit thin on the ground at Moore Park, Bird and Robinson injured in the NEAFL on Friday night, Heeney a late withdrawl from the NEAFL on Friday night.

The Lumberjack is expected to play on Thursday according to Horse, so that's a relief and if Lobbe and Ryder aren't fit that will be another bonus for us in the middle. Last time 'round Sydney had 15 more 'hit outs' and the Lumberjack smashed Ryder 29-16. This is where the game will be won and lost on Thursday. If Port get first use, the Swans are in for a long night.

Expect to see Spiderman play the 3rd man up. Reid will most likely go forward and play Tippett's role. I hope the Swans dump Derrickx and resist the move to have a tall forward. I think the midfield will be too strong though for Port.

Bird, Robinson and heeney all injured? Jeez...Three of the most likely replacements. I guess Tradebait Tommy lives to fight another day

Good news about Pyke.

Interestingly. Sydney have 4 former players playing forward roles for other clubs.

Jesse White - Collingwood

Tim membrey - St Kilda

Andres Everitt - carlton

Schniderman - St Kilda

Id still like to have kept Membrey, though he is a couple of years off still

Bird, Robinson and heeney all injured? Jeez...Three of the most likely replacements. I guess Tradebait Tommy lives to fight another day

Good news about Pyke.

Interestingly. Sydney have 4 former players playing forward roles for other clubs.

Jesse White - Collingwood

Tim membrey - St Kilda

Andres Everitt - carlton

Schniderman - St Kilda

Id still like to have kept Membrey, though he is a couple of years off still

Schneids was always tradebait after 05, I'm surprised we kept Buchanan on for so long instead or maybe it was just a get-square for Barry Hall?

Membrey I'd have liked to see stay on a bit longer, he certainly would've gotten more games this year in the red & white than he would being at St Kilda this year.

Jesse White, I could've taken or left. Would've liked him to stay as well but given the Tippett investment there wasn't much room for him to stay. Everitt? Well he wasn't really performing but has had a pretty good season this year in a shit Carlton team...

You can also add Matt Sprangher into that equation, might not have played that many games for us or for Hawthorn :P, but he is a former Swan ;)

• Like 1

Goodesey was cleared...

Punching in the back of the head is okay too. Firrito v Buddy

this could be good for Sydney. they need to try something diff up forward. They cannot rely on buddy to be the game winner, he needs support.

Parker, heeney, jetta, Rohan. these are the options Sydney have, IMO , who can make a difference up forward.

The other issue i have for Sydney is I feel Longmire is sometimes too slow to make a change. He makes the change way after the horse has bolted, trampled someone, come back and stamped them into the ground, then gone and trampled back over the person.

Should be Shaw's last year. Teddy is also sadly lacking in form as the #1 guy down back

From a non-supporters point of view, how about Reid back to full forward and Goodes to chf?

• Like 1

From a non-supporters point of view, how about Reid back to full forward and Goodes to chf?

That is the most likely scenario...Though someone has to share the ruck duties with Pyke

My issue with Reid is...he has been tried up forward a LOT and he just doesn't take the contest mark inside the forward 50 whereas in defence he looks solid with sticky fingers.

I'll be keepig a close eye on Jetta and Mitchell this game... See how they might perform over in the West next year

• Like 1

Tipping could be thrown WIDE OPEN this week.

Looks like Ripstanley has capitulated to the pressure and Khun Willy is sweating up a storm of indecision.

There is a bunch of us just waiting to take over the leader board and I think this is the week it will happen!

really, so many games could produce a surprise.

Sydney v Port. Thursday nighter! Sydney should be well rested after 6 days, having only played half a game last week. Despite having both forwards out with suspension, only one has actually been kicking goals. Will affect the ruck more? Port to come out running and steal an away win? I'll wait to see Sydney's team before tipping this one. Hoping for more Goodsey Squirrel grip action.

Collingwood V Hawthorn. I'm sure Eddie fancies the Pies and after last week where they wuz robbed against Freo, maybe he has a point. Hawks are looking casual this year. Still, Collingwood does have jesse white and that other guy who sometimes kicks goals...Travis Cloke is it? So with those handicaps, it is Hawks for me

Richmond v GWS. Richmond came back from their biggest half time deficit EVER last week apparently. Anyway it was a 50 point turnaround from half time. Most fans are hoping we never see the umpires from that game again. GWS team list? Those young GWS fellas are a mystery. Chimpy says GWS, so most likely will be Tigers.

GC v Norfs. Rumour has it Majak daw will be back in the starting line up for Norfs this week! back kicking a nice bunch of 6! North should win this game, so most likely they wont. Gold coast...well, they did not impress last week at all...rather terrible really in the battle of the bottom of the table. Still, they are missing fairly much all their decent players, so , perhaps returning players will influence this game too. Malceski was back from injury, coming from the subs bench, He should have stayed at Sydney. Might be his last year way he is playing

WB V carlton. I like the doggies. They love to run and they can kick goals and defend. Exciting to watch. Carlton...well, they love the boundary line, but they are playing better. Still, Doggies for me. Stringer to kick 5

Melb v WCE. Hmm... West coast SHOULD win this easily, but...well, ... Melbourne is hungry and i think we could see an upset here...Certainly SYdney will be hoping so.

Ess v St Kilda. Essendon. Don't like how they are playing. St Kilda. I like how they are playing. Saints her by 11 points

Adelaide V Geelong. Dangerfield will enjoy this game, see how his future team mates are performing and already planning in his mind how he will fit into the Geelong team. Lucky Adelaide got rid of their coach last year cos this year they look sooooo much better...errr....not really.

Freo V Brissie... can the big Pav kick a goal? Has he forgotten how? Early onset dementia? I guess we will know more after this weekend. freo for me.

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 2

Tipping could be thrown WIDE OPEN this week.

Looks like Ripstanley has capitulated to the pressure and Khun Willy is sweating up a storm of indecision.

There is a bunch of us just waiting to take over the leader board and I think this is the week it will happen!

really, so many games could produce a surprise.

Sydney v Port. Thursday nighter! Sydney should be well rested after 6 days, having only played half a game last week. Despite having both forwards out with suspension, only one has actually been kicking goals. Will affect the ruck more? Port to come out running and steal an away win? I'll wait to see Sydney's team before tipping this one. Hoping for more Goodsey Squirrel grip action.

Collingwood V Hawthorn. I'm sure Eddie fancies the Pies and after last week where they wuz robbed against Freo, maybe he has a point. Hawks are looking casual this year. Still, Collingwood does have jesse white and that other guy who sometimes kicks goals...Travis Cloke is it? So with those handicaps, it is Hawks for me

Richmond v GWS. Richmond came back from their biggest half time deficit EVER last week apparently. Anyway it was a 50 point turnaround from half time. Most fans are hoping we never see the umpires from that game again. GWS team list? Those young GWS fellas are a mystery. Chimpy says GWS, so most likely will be Tigers.

GC v Norfs. Rumour has it Majak daw will be back in the starting line up for Norfs this week! back kicking a nice bunch of 6! North should win this game, so most likely they wont. Gold coast...well, they did not impress last week at all...rather terrible really in the battle of the bottom of the table. Still, they are missing fairly much all their decent players, so , perhaps returning players will influence this game too. Malceski was back from injury, coming from the subs bench, He should have stayed at Sydney. Might be his last year way he is playing

WB V carlton. I like the doggies. They love to run and they can kick goals and defend. Exciting to watch. Carlton...well, they love the boundary line, but they are playing better. Still, Doggies for me. Stringer to kick 5

Melb v WCE. Hmm... West coast SHOULD win this easily, but...well, ... Melbourne is hungry and i think we could see an upset here...Certainly SYdney will be hoping so.

Ess v St Kilda. Essendon. Don't like how they are playing. St Kilda. I like how they are playing. Saints her by 11 points

Adelaide V Geelong. Dangerfield will enjoy this game, see how his future team mates are performing and already planning in his mind how he will fit into the Geelong team. Lucky Adelaide got rid of their coach last year cos this year they look sooooo much better...errr....not really.

Freo V Brissie... can the big Pav kick a goal? Has he forgotten how? Early onset dementia? I guess we will know more after this weekend. freo for me.

You're working beautifully BookManbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Word at the som tum cart from Somchai tonight has it that Sammy Mitchell is going to come out dressed as Darth Vader, with the rest of the team dressed as Storm Troopers and the Cheer Squad's taken things to the next level by - apparently - creating a 'Death Star' for the boys to burst out of...

• Like 2

Another debut for the Swans, with Toby Nankervis named to debut tomorrow night alongside the returning Lumberjack. Dean Towers is also recalled (if he plays the same way he did in round 2, we'll be doing very well)..

Thankfully Horse got the phone call and Derrickx has been omitted...

• Like 1

Well well well"..........Dees and lions certain losers, now this will sort the boys from the men or the gamblers from the rest of us.......this is your big chance to pick up 3 spots gambling bookman......will you advertise your selections this week?

• Like 1

Another debut for the Swans, with Toby Nankervis named to debut tomorrow night alongside the returning Lumberjack. Dean Towers is also recalled (if he plays the same way he did in round 2, we'll be doing very well)..

Thankfully Horse got the phone call and Derrickx has been omitted...

Good to see nankervis debuting but i don't see the logic of it. We are going in with two rucks? Surely nankervis will not be the sub??

Pyke in for Derykcx

nankervis in for Tippet?

Towers in for Buddy. I don't know a lot about Dean towers but ill be watching closely

Shaw is lucky to keep his spot also...He deserved to be turfed back the neafl and his contract money given to Jetta

Anyway, If Port come out and hammer us in the first Q, Johnny L can think about making some changes after half time...really shake things up. whistling.gif

Edited by BookMan

Well well well"..........Dees and lions certain losers, now this will sort the boys from the men or the gamblers from the rest of us.......this is your big chance to pick up 3 spots gambling bookman......will you advertise your selections this week?

read back a few posts mate.

Yourself? Slow and steady, still?

read back a few posts mate.

Yourself? Slow and steady, still?

Awwwww.....I should have paid more attention, your not sticking your head out all, there's sure to be an upset or two looks like your pulling that cart with me.....but maybe your doing a little mind game with the rest of us punters in here ......the pressure is on 5 to make up in 10 rounds.....well as the Buddhist say it's only a problem if you think it is.....the second half of the season becomes a mental game....who will take chances? Who wants to win? Hey chooks you can kiss the tipping crown goodbye but I'm catching you in fantasy.

Good to see nankervis debuting but i don't see the logic of it. We are going in with two rucks? Surely nankervis will not be the sub??

Pyke in for Derykcx

nankervis in for Tippet?

Towers in for Buddy. I don't know a lot about Dean towers but ill be watching closely

Shaw is lucky to keep his spot also...He deserved to be turfed back the neafl and his contract money given to Jetta

Anyway, If Port come out and hammer us in the first Q, Johnny L can think about making some changes after half time...really shake things up. whistling.gif

The logic as I see it is that Ryder is a dual position player, Pyke has been known to do the same. Lobbe is a 'key position' ruckman - Nankervis is also but does have the ability to roam into the forward line. Reid will continue to play 3rd man up when Pykey is having a spell.. Spiderman will also be in and around that 3rd man up role.

On paper, the Doonside Dole Bludgers should be able to rock'n'roll Port.

I'd like to see Joey step up and really get aggressive (which is where we'll be missing Benny McGlynn) teaming up with Captain Jack, Port don't have anything to counter them at the moment. Both Wines and Wingard will be busy with their selfie sticks and Instagram accounts.

Reg and Ted will need to switch between Schulz and Westoff to keep those to slugs guessing.

Swans have too much pace with White still out injured, Pettard's got nothing on Jetts and Rohan will leave Impey in the defensive 50...

• Like 2