Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

25 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Well good luck to Rip and Grant today.

I think Geelong will get home by a large margin.

Jeremy Cameron to get the Norm Smith.

Geelong by 24 points with Tom Stewart getting the Norm Smith.

Go Swans.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, ripstanley said:

I gave up at quarter time. Went out to lunch.

The future is bright Rip.

As their bodies mature it will get you one rung higher.

Credit to Geelong the way they set up behind the ball and attacked contests in waves at full speed with bigger bodies physically wearing the swans down.

Swans always had plenty of numbers at the contest but couldn't get their hands on the ball.

• Like 2

Reflecting back i got a scare in the pre show entertainment.

It was when the football was being delivered to the G.

I was gazing at the telly but not really listening,next thing i see a parachute hit a passing jet liner.

Did anyone else notice it?

Took a few seconds to see what was playing out and get the heart rate down.

2 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Reflecting back i got a scare in the pre show entertainment.

It was when the football was being delivered to the G.

I was gazing at the telly but not really listening,next thing i see a parachute hit a passing jet liner.

Did anyone else notice it?

Took a few seconds to see what was playing out and get the heart rate down.

Sorry FJ, can't help you.

I try and avoid pre and post match stuff.

• Thanks 2

On 9/22/2022 at 8:42 AM, Will27 said:

Uncle Alex, what's your take on Jayden Hunt?

Unrestricted free agent.

He's got some pace but looks a fraction soft.

Guru Will...has gone a little backwards, is in my opinion played out of position....Goodwin has done a Jesus Christ on the fella....first half back then half forward, then back in the back line, yes you like to get your guys to play a few positions, my take is he is a natural winger...Has pace is a racking long kick on the run and can kick goals, hes a fair tackler but not defender class in my opinion....

The dicked around with first with Brashaw (which worked) then Jordan this year.......(which was sort of ok) its just crying out to stick Hunt there.....and i will shoot an email off tomorrow to Simone...make sure hes got the word...

• Like 2

With the granny over it's time to get the deadwood off the lists and pick up some X factor talent.

My club the Kangaroos are like a pub with no beer.

Luckily even without a spiritual leader there are a couple of players willing to walk the plank from other clubs.

Looks like Patch Adams will continue on as caretaker till Clarkson starts.

Listening to Ralph last night that might be a while away but good to see our Pres has backed in the future coach.

According to Ralph the families are not willing to testify to an independent panel which is prolonging the saga. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

Is Degoey looking for another club?

He wants to stay at Collingwood, but his latest contract offer has some clauses in it relating to off field issues which will allow Colingwood to give him the flick.

Saint Kilda have offered him around the same money ($850 000) with no clauses.

• Like 2

Well the hot gossip this morning is DeGoofy could go west....to clear the air so to speak....so where to land? We all know Freo trying to land Jacko boy so is light on for draft capital....but....the blue and gold team.....with an ageing midfield and gold plated Kelly........could it be on?

Whispers in harbour town that there willing to add another 30+ brownlow medalist to the squad, its all hush hush but the talk all year is he needs to get out of the fishbowl....

Port? yes there looking at the Weed......to go by the way of Jack.......well big Tom is back and they have faith in Ben and then theres going to be Grundy and Gawn hanging in the forward 50 most of the game as well.......

Bedford the little sprinter who made a name as a sub this season, isnt going to North.....Clarkson is on the nose for the brothers...

Tomlinson will be persuaded to cross the city, and since he is of Euro decent we can guess that one of the blue and white teams severally lacking in experience will cough up a 4th round pick for him...

Its all good fun.......

• Like 2

Just seen...Hunt on Eagles radar.....well im pretty sure the ex Essendon duo of Melksham and Hibbered will get a new deal.....well offered a new deal, and i think Hunt will get offered a deal too.....i cant see them hanging on to Oscar Baker you can have him, but....we do need to freshen up the list...

Not the end of the world if any of the trio depart but if any Hunt is the likely one, he is way more easily covered than the other two.

Anyway im all for moving a few on you see what happens when you hang on to some players to long...

• Like 2

Trade week opens and right away the press are onto Hunt and Eagles......dont get excited Will, Hunt is a good player pretty sure unless you offer an unreal contract Demons will match it, they haven't got a contract offer on the table yet and id say there looking to see who's interested in him and maybe what they could get for him, or what they have too match or do better to keep him, like hes worth wouldnt be easy to hit on the head as hes one of those types of players who could be worth tons to one and peanuts to someone else, and like i said there got options in the rear half of the ground but at the same time Simone rates him.....i rate him too....

Goofy isnt going anywhere, so watch the Truth newspaper for his cardinal sins to appear on the front page, they my resurrect the old trashy news sheet just for him....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Your ex coach is now boss at the Bombers.....Callum Mills B and F off to the Demons....

In our situation i would have had Scott back if needed and i wanted him gone at the time.

Not happy with Josh Jenkins saying Louge is worth more,paying on potential is a dangerous game.

I can see why our recruiters got the flick as we start the draft with picks 1 and 55.

Let's hope Jack Bowes comes our way,i like him as he has a cool head.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Trade week opens and right away the press are onto Hunt and Eagles......dont get excited Will, Hunt is a good player pretty sure unless you offer an unreal contract Demons will match it, they haven't got a contract offer on the table yet and id say there looking to see who's interested in him and maybe what they could get for him, or what they have too match or do better to keep him, like hes worth wouldnt be easy to hit on the head as hes one of those types of players who could be worth tons to one and peanuts to someone else, and like i said there got options in the rear half of the ground but at the same time Simone rates him.....i rate him too....

Goofy isnt going anywhere, so watch the Truth newspaper for his cardinal sins to appear on the front page, they my resurrect the old trashy news sheet just for him....

I'd like to get Hunt Uncle, he has what we don't, speed.

Probably have to offer him a 3 year deal to get him over to  WA.

2 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Bit of a shock with Redden retiring Will.

Thought he had a bit left in the tank.

Was a bit surprised as well FJ.

He triggered a 1 year extension but has obviously had enough.

Red Dog was one of my favorites.

Hard as a cat's head and just did his job every week.

• Like 1

Uncle Alex

Looking at your F&B count last night, our boy Jayden Hunt finished 17th, which was above Jake Lever on 19.

We've got ourselves a bargain baby!

Seriously, how poor must Lever have been this year to finish 19th after playing 19 games?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Will27 said:

Uncle Alex

Looking at your F&B count last night, our boy Jayden Hunt finished 17th, which was above Jake Lever on 19.

We've got ourselves a bargain baby!

Seriously, how poor must Lever have been this year to finish 19th after playing 19 games?

hahah i said dont get excited, Jaden is not a free agent we can match what ever is offered to him, Demons do think highly off him, of course if the Eagles put a high offer in id say we wouldnt match it, so there you go....

Im looking at the leaderboard now....2 Petracca got there by reputation, Viney had the best preseason in eons they said id rate him around 10th....Picket must have picked up most of his votes the last 3rd of the year, Sparrow.....only because he was on the ball a lot...and thats my point....mids were spraying it...love him still young but not 9th, Neal-Bullen did have a good year, Jordan was a bit of a dud in my opinion and to be in the top 13 im spitting  my beer out...

My rating and i do watch every game is

Oliver

Brayshaw

May

Langden

Gawn

Petty

Leaver

Harmes

Neal-Bullen

Petracca

Viney

Fritsch

Hunt

Pickett

Jackson

Getting the ball you need to do something with it...Hunt i rated around 13th in the team that finished 2d so there you go even 19th in a team that finished 2cd is still an achievement...

Id say Eagles will need to trade for Hunt unless you offer him a big contract as im sure we will match anything reasonable....not in the bag......

Brad Scott coached with one arm tied behinds back there Fj, i recon he will do well at the Bombers, there a destination club, Hird? ummm.....wont senior coach a gain....i thought he was a front runner ....

Sheedy....well.....he coached so long cause he cut players that would cause him issues....they turned over a lot while he was there....i recall thinking gees they get a lot of new players coming in.....he had is core 5 or so and had them on side, thats one of the reasons he lasted so long...

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

hahah i said dont get excited, Jaden is not a free agent we can match what ever is offered to him, Demons do think highly off him, of course if the Eagles put a high offer in id say we wouldnt match it, so there you go....

Im looking at the leaderboard now....2 Petracca got there by reputation, Viney had the best preseason in eons they said id rate him around 10th....Picket must have picked up most of his votes the last 3rd of the year, Sparrow.....only because he was on the ball a lot...and thats my point....mids were spraying it...love him still young but not 9th, Neal-Bullen did have a good year, Jordan was a bit of a dud in my opinion and to be in the top 13 im spitting  my beer out...

My rating and i do watch every game is

Oliver

Brayshaw

May

Langden

Gawn

Petty

Leaver

Harmes

Neal-Bullen

Petracca

Viney

Fritsch

Hunt

Pickett

Jackson

Getting the ball you need to do something with it...Hunt i rated around 13th in the team that finished 2d so there you go even 19th in a team that finished 2cd is still an achievement...

Id say Eagles will need to trade for Hunt unless you offer him a big contract as im sure we will match anything reasonable....not in the bag......

Brad Scott coached with one arm tied behinds back there Fj, i recon he will do well at the Bombers, there a destination club, Hird? ummm.....wont senior coach a gain....i thought he was a front runner ....

Sheedy....well.....he coached so long cause he cut players that would cause him issues....they turned over a lot while he was there....i recall thinking gees they get a lot of new players coming in.....he had is core 5 or so and had them on side, thats one of the reasons he lasted so long...

Sorry to break the news to you, but he's an unrestricted free agent and has pretty much signed a deal with us.

• Thumbs Up 1

Confirmed,Jason Horne-Francis wants a trade to Port Adelaide.

Looked a bit home sick last year so let him go or hope after another season he feels at home.

My gut is let him go,for a price of course.

Ollie wines or Dan Houston and a future first rounder will do me.

Pity as think he will be a gun in 5 or 6 years time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1