Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

What an ungrateful turd.

Club looked after him financially and emotionally for over 2 years whilst he was suspended.

I hope the club doesn't deal with Port and makes him nominate for the preseason draft, so he gets picked up by North, Essendon or Hawthorn.

The little <deleted> is dead to me.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

I'm not sure that he's what we want anyway, I hope they're not laying out too much $$$ for him.

I see we've got salary cap space, I just think that it could be better spent.

The deal is a reported $500 000 a year for 4 years, which is a long time for someone with his history.

Probably looking at him as a replacement for Robbie Gray.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, farmerjo said:

My take on the game was once the Dees failed to put the Lions away in the 1st 20 minutes they were  out coached.

A couple of brain fades taking Pickett from hero to villian  didn't help but in a whole i thought the Dees battled on to the end,

The turning point was when Lions decided to  gain quick territory with dirty ball throwing the defence out of whack.

McClugagge started the ball rolling and Berry's 2nd half on Oliver exposed a banged up midfield.

I see your point about personal Alex.

A  LOT more discipline would of got you over the line last night,

Never the less whoever won is in for a hiding next week. 

I hope your last line comes true.

• Like 2

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/fremantle-dockers/afl-news-2022-luke-jackson-trade-request-to-fremantle-how-melbourne-and-dockers-can-get-deal-done-brodie-grundy-demons-sean-darcy-contract/news-story/7661437b1dba42a305f9882305c2399b

There you go young Will....sold to the Eagles, just makes much more sense and they have the draft capital to make it happen, this guy is often on the money by the way...and we found out Jacko is an Eagles supporter....going home home...home wards bound....ships ahoy....

Freo would need to move mountains mate to get Egg, Dee's im pretty sure there getting Grundy so thats a first rounder they need and i would not be surprised if they have an eye on a middle of the park talent in the draft pool within the 6 to 14 pick range....

What you give us for Van Rooyen? he will figure next season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/fremantle-dockers/afl-news-2022-luke-jackson-trade-request-to-fremantle-how-melbourne-and-dockers-can-get-deal-done-brodie-grundy-demons-sean-darcy-contract/news-story/7661437b1dba42a305f9882305c2399b

There you go young Will....sold to the Eagles, just makes much more sense and they have the draft capital to make it happen, this guy is often on the money by the way...and we found out Jacko is an Eagles supporter....going home home...home wards bound....ships ahoy....

Freo would need to move mountains mate to get Egg, Dee's im pretty sure there getting Grundy so thats a first rounder they need and i would not be surprised if they have an eye on a middle of the park talent in the draft pool within the 6 to 14 pick range....

What you give us for Van Rooyen? he will figure next season.

IT won't happen Uncle.

He supported Freo growing up.

He's going to Freo.

Watch this space.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Will27 said:

IT won't happen Uncle.

He supported Freo growing up.

He's going to Freo.

Watch this space.

Rhalps said Egg and family went too Eagles games.....

Anyway lets not allow Eggs and Willy to move...how dare them after all that the clubs have done for them...never mind that clubs move players when they want ...hey it cant go the other way...no its Putins law....its my way only even when your getting done like a dinner....

Look just help us out here so we can really screw the Dockers over...squeeze all the draft capital out of them for the next 3 ys.....Actually i like to squeeze the Crows after the Lever deal.....

Me i dont think paying to much for anyone is a winner in the long run....Abblet to the Suns....was pure marketing only....same as Franklin to the Swans....no flags came of it....Tippert? recall him?? two million dollar boys running around together.....nothing came of it....before you mention leave it to Leaver he might have been a bit of a big deal at the time but no Abblet of Franklin mr...and yes 2 first rounders for a defender was too much..but we will get the Crows back one day.....

Pies do a clean out of some expensive players, low ball Goofy and happy to see Grundy who hasn't done much since he signed his 7 million $$$$$$$ deal....nor played much i might add.....and look there in the prelim....say no more.....

Anyway your man Rohan O'Brien says were not gun shy in regards to Egg...even claims pick 2 is not up for grabs.......but you could turn pick 2 and 20 into 2 first round picks and a late 2cd or a couple of 3rds....think about it.....and you could toss in Kelly.....i like Yeo....well i did once....anyone else left i might like? Just make Freo dance a bit faster is all im asking....that will doooooooooo....

8 hours ago, sceadugenga said:

Don't worry Scea, that deal will never happen.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Rhalps said Egg and family went too Eagles games.....

Anyway lets not allow Eggs and Willy to move...how dare them after all that the clubs have done for them...never mind that clubs move players when they want ...hey it cant go the other way...no its Putins law....its my way only even when your getting done like a dinner....

Look just help us out here so we can really screw the Dockers over...squeeze all the draft capital out of them for the next 3 ys.....Actually i like to squeeze the Crows after the Lever deal.....

Me i dont think paying to much for anyone is a winner in the long run....Abblet to the Suns....was pure marketing only....same as Franklin to the Swans....no flags came of it....Tippert? recall him?? two million dollar boys running around together.....nothing came of it....before you mention leave it to Leaver he might have been a bit of a big deal at the time but no Abblet of Franklin mr...and yes 2 first rounders for a defender was too much..but we will get the Crows back one day.....

Pies do a clean out of some expensive players, low ball Goofy and happy to see Grundy who hasn't done much since he signed his 7 million $$$$$$$ deal....nor played much i might add.....and look there in the prelim....say no more.....

Anyway your man Rohan O'Brien says were not gun shy in regards to Egg...even claims pick 2 is not up for grabs.......but you could turn pick 2 and 20 into 2 first round picks and a late 2cd or a couple of 3rds....think about it.....and you could toss in Kelly.....i like Yeo....well i did once....anyone else left i might like? Just make Freo dance a bit faster is all im asking....that will doooooooooo....

I think we're just driving up the price of Egg because Freo did it to us with Kelly.

There used to be an unspoken rule that when a player nominated a WA club, the other club

would step away.

But Peter Bell broke the rule and said they were interested in Kelly, so it pushed the price up.

I agree with you about Long, 5, 6 and 7 year deals Uncle.

The only one that has worked IMO is Bud to Sydney.

Loyalty is only good if it's a two way street.

We could've  (probably should've with hindsight) sacked Rioli but held on to him.

Paid him a wage for 2 years when we didn't have to.

Paid for his legal fee's when he got done at the airport with dope down his pants.

The club has bent over backwards for the little <deleted>.

I hope we get Port's compensation pick for Karl Amon which will be around 25

and we can move on.

If Port try and lowball us with a 3rd rounder, send him to the preseason draft where

North can get him for free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IDC, its all bullocks to me....no loyalty in it anymore.....and should there be?.....just watch if Oliver or one of the others drops off and see what happens.....

I use to watch in amusement back when i was a young 30s something, how everybody wanted a new job to earn more money, a new car and a new house or a period home....all looking to "improve" there lot but expected there football team to be stuck in 1952.....

And the press....i defiantly got jaded over the press the last 25 ys, its the main reason i dont watch tv news i only read the news so i can skip over the bullocks....the imagination of guys who are led by an editor who need a story etc....

Anyway so far the AFL free agency, contract system and salary cap has keep a somewhat lid on it which keeps it sane....NFL dumps 20 plus players a year from a team, think there FA is just 5 ys, granted they have a lot more fringe players in the team think its a roster of about 55, soccer well....they could change up to half the team and there just on contracts.

IDC where Jackson ends up and and IDC what we get for him really.....the better clubs like the Cats and Pies and Eagles dont stay down for long always able to get a decent list on the park and there doing it from high ladder positions....

• Like 2