Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

16 hours ago, Will27 said:

I missed this one when it first came out.
A $1000 fine, now $1500 for ripping a blokes headband off!

Seems the AFL want the characters out and robots in.

Hawk’s headband fine upheld

Hawthorn’s James Sicily has failed in his bid to overturn a charge of misconduct for ripping off Bulldog Aaron Naughton’s headband during the third quarter of their clash last round.

The AFL originally offered Sicily a $1000 fine with an early plea. However, the 27-year-old defender decided to submit a written submission to challenge it.

But the charge was upheld on Wednesday, resulting in an increased fine of $1500.

The two players engaged in a tussle during the game at Marvel Stadium on Friday, which left Naughton with a ripped guernsey and his headband yanked off.

I remember Tom Alvin getting tackled by his long hair once....

3 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Noble gone as coach,not easy when Cunnington,Polec and Phillips are missing most of the year.Can't help but think trading on Mason Wood and Tarrant also hurt to make them more competitive.

Interesting that they have given Adams(magoo's coach)  the caretaker roll and not Blakey who is the senior assistant.

Well not a bad year at all for ex coaches in the mix.

Clarckson,Buckley,Lyon,etc  but do they have the cattle to tempt one of them.

I would be making at least 5 changes to the playing list for next year,split between free agents and draft picks.

Norths been getting flac mr, my lips are sealed....i seen it all before....so where does the great man stand these days, pulling strings etc....

Norths even been compared to the Fitzroy pre take over....oh i dont know.....

Like the 18 is so boring.....we need to smarten it up with divisions and or conferences, is it any wonder the AFL are rescuing a club now every 7 to 10 years....

• Like 2

On 7/12/2022 at 2:51 PM, farmerjo said:

We have over 48,000 members and finance's are ok,a bit different from Fitzroy who could not rattle the tin in the same way like the Dee's,Dogs or Hawks to stay afloat.

On field success is the problem,we are getting to be a little impatient maybe although we have gone backwards this year.

The frustrating part is using guys like Josh Walker who is a middle of the road footballer in the team when you can pump 20 games into up and comer.

Whoever gets the gig almost certainly won't be around when our premiership window opens in about 2040.????

That's alright fella....i was living in la la land for along time.....takes 5 to 7 ys to get a team ready to get a flag.....then its all over like in a flash......

Ho me ho my  Mr MaGoo you done it again.....

• Haha 1

On 7/29/2022 at 2:08 PM, farmerjo said:

Don't need Spargo Alex,we already have 11 duds on our list that we have picked up from other clubs at the moment.

I would take May(A grader) and pay his bar bill,we don't have anyone to fight him back so should be safe with us.

Another i like is Hayden McLean from the Swannies currently being kept out by their superstars.

Goody well,could get worse although didn't he sign a long deal with you guys.

I worry about the Clarkson you grow old quickly in these coaching gigs.

Ross the boss for me,had a good rest and get his mate silvani over with him.

Hope i'm wrong but got a bad feeling against the Bombers this week,they have an ability to kick goals out of their behinds against us at Marvel.

Wonder if Adams could stay low and we rotate the coaches job again,it works.

Tune in tonight Alex,should be a cracker on a heavy track,you might get another lightning break.

hahaha Actually Spargo played a pretty good game friday night......there using him on the wing more i heard...noticed the new lifer in Angus playing mid as well....a rock star is he....Tomlinson....free and will throw in a 4th rounder to take him......Goodwin???? signed a one year extension....Pert knows which side the bread is buttered....were not giving Simone a contract for life unless he bags this years cup....then he can keep the MCG members stand as well as a bonus.....his name will get etched in the glass bar room door at the long room along with Checker's and Old Norm's....

Well Tigers showed up the Lions and well Voss next year fella....of course we stiched up the Dockers, Finals? the script was written years ago....Swans you ask? next year your a top 3 side and contender.....still the Cats to loose it...but hey if we get over the pies were breathing down there necks....

• Like 2

There's a lot of money on the docks.....reported that Freo has offered 1.5m a year 10.5m over think 7 ys on the table for Egg to get....reported hes bought a place next to where Fj and Will have some rentals for 1.7m, hey its all over in a flash and they will trade you if they think they can when they dont want you....take the money and run son....dont look back and thanks for the great 2 years....

ps...only think is Darcy kinda showed up Egg in the ruck friday night, well lets say he was far more influential even in a side that got walloped.....so where they going to play him?

Im surprised Eagles didnt throw not just the kitchen sink but even dug up old bondy and hand over the Australia 2 to get him....

• Like 2