Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

12 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Confirmed,Jason Horne-Francis wants a trade to Port Adelaide.

Looked a bit home sick last year so let him go or hope after another season he feels at home.

My gut is let him go,for a price of course.

Ollie wines or Dan Houston and a future first rounder will do me.

Pity as think he will be a gun in 5 or 6 years time.

Not unexpected considering the way he played and behaved this season TBH.

Think Norf missed the boat last year, knocking back Adelaide's offer of 3 first rounders.

Wines contracted until 2026 and Houston until 2027, so you can put a line through those two.

I think your best best is to tell Port you want this year and next years first as a minimum.

If you don't get overs for him, just keep him.

He'll still be valuable next year.

• Like 2

Gees it’s quite in here, stuck in sin city to speed up the workers didn’t think I’d end up down here so long, leaving the lappie back in the big city the iPad had saved the old password, as you know this forum now thinks itself of a some what cross betteeen the CIA and former KGB with the passwords to log in, decided that I missed you all so during a lull in the work decided to it was time for a new alter ego to appear so you know the old story us oldies have trouble with tech and wow behold the old me turns up on the phone… so here we are but may turn up any day now as Alexis…..

Jackson is gone 2 first rounders and a second so that’s like a first round pick, good deal hope he turns into another Hogan….

Hunt gone, heard an interview he had recently, but full of himself but hey he’s been played out of position and looks like Simmo will play him up the ground in an attracting spot sounds like the wing to me….

Little Tony heads off to the Giants…Eagles do alright out of cousin ravioli, Noff too, that’s what ya want multiply first round picks for wanna way Sheila’s, then two might be playing fir the women’s team before to long.

The biggest news of trade week is the Weed looks like he is Brad Scott bound, well we arnt going to play him…25 100 cm tall and about to make his mark…. Shame on you Simone.

ahhh it’s beautiful on my long and wide balcony to night men, I have moved in just missing a few things like both bathroom vanity tops basins and

taps, but us peasants can use the dunnie and shower and hey they did connect the kitchen sink, what ever you do don’t start me up on the workmanship that’s why I’m camped here to wip them into shape…

I can see the weagles are positioning them selves perrrrrrrrfectly, Fj should be all smiles too picking up some half decent talent, big question are Freo shooting them selves in the foot? Like Tigers won 3 flags with just a trier fir ruckman, Swans made the GF with a dud ruckman only Freo and Demons think they need two classy ones in the team at the same time…

Nahhh Rip contracts mean nothing these days mate 3 days to go Demons will land Mills… you read it here first…:

• Like 2

On 10/10/2022 at 6:36 PM, AlexRRR said:

Gees it’s quite in here, stuck in sin city to speed up the workers didn’t think I’d end up down here so long, leaving the lappie back in the big city the iPad had saved the old password, as you know this forum now thinks itself of a some what cross betteeen the CIA and former KGB with the passwords to log in, decided that I missed you all so during a lull in the work decided to it was time for a new alter ego to appear so you know the old story us oldies have trouble with tech and wow behold the old me turns up on the phone… so here we are but may turn up any day now as Alexis…..

Nahhh Rip contracts mean nothing these days mate 3 days to go Demons will land Mills… you read it here first…:

Draft is now finished. Mills is still a Swan.

• Haha 1

On 10/13/2022 at 9:59 AM, ripstanley said:

Draft is now finished. Mills is still a Swan.

Well they chose what i been crying out all year for a mid/winger who can put it on ya chest...Lakkie something like that.....next year Rip and we will take Isaac too....Demons are a destination club mate....

• Haha 1

On 10/12/2022 at 12:02 PM, Will27 said:

I'm rapidly losing faith in the draft Uncle Alex.

Too many "I'm homesick" players these days.

My solution would be, first round picks are contracted for 4 years with an option to negotiate salaries after the first 2 years.

2nd rounders for 3 years and after that the standard 2 years.

If you're drafted interstate, and extra $20 000 per year for family visits etc.

Get rid of these salary dumps and Free Agency.

Geelong have won the GF, recruited 3 players and still end up with pick 7.

I know they're well organised, but that doesn't sit well with me.

Hope you're enjoying yourself.

Gays mate all of them....mums boys...and stuff like that.....i recon there got at of course and and use the home sick blues as an excuse to run home to mama....

Of course it helps when Freo double Jackos salary and offer him twice the term, look if there home town club couldnt fit them in they would play anywhere, so i think the stars are going to cry tears to get home the rest will sweat it out where ever they land...Anyway i think taking a hot WA prospect turning him into something better then sending him back home 2 years later for 2 firsts and a second is pretty good compo, and hopefully hurt Fro to the point that it will curtail future recruiting either by draft or trade...

Think the NFL rookie contracts are for 4 ys, hate the yanks for there politics but they seem together things like this right...Gill should follow suite.....of course theres 2 million and 2 clauses for them to make the cut too...

Free Agency isnt going away, and really it helps level the playing field, clubs want ya or they dont, loyalty is pretty much gone, not much point banging on about it just embrace the current year then expect half the team to be gone the following as in other professional codes..

Shock horror over Ratten, says a lot for a club when they extend and 4 months later make the mucho mula payout, Chooks would be rolling around the floor off the bottle shop there in Fitzroy, like i did say there recruiting several years back only landed one credible player in Hill....the rest were dunnie paper to fill the roll....and Bombers, with a bit of luck they will wallow in the doldrums a little longer, if they start making the 8 them supporters are going to be hard to silence...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Wow been away a couple of weeks doing a job in the Philippines.

Makes you appreciate Thailand's supreme internet compared to the islands there.

Ratten getting the heave ho from the Saints was a surprise,didn't see that coming.

Happy with the way the Roo's are cleaning up their list,would of liked a couple more players in the trade period.

Not to be but should get a couple of quality youngsters with pick 2 and 3 in the draft.

And might be a smokey or 2 in club delistings that fit the mold.

Will wait with interest.

3 hours ago, farmerjo said:

I been away to Fj, been in the slums of sin city...heaven on top of a hill then walking with rats around walking street in the evening....dirty haze for most of last week...sore throat locked indoors, could only sit on my wide balcony without getting ill from yesterday....i do have a sea view too, in the distance, about 1.1k and over the top of some trees....untill they stick a new condo block up that looks like might happen soon, will cut my view by 50% anyway was hard to see where the water and pollution met....

Tell me.....im thinking of going over to the 7000 island paradise before xmas, whats the requirements to get in? or do you have special dispensation....Go North....

43 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

I do not have access to the laughing emoji or I would have used it on your post. Especially the last comment about the Demons.

Time you updated to a apple or android smart phone built after 2018 sir...them old nokia's are a relic....and yes i seen one recently, the thai chap installing a couple of screen doors for me was still using one....maybe a 2010 vintage....with how he was screwing me price wise im sure all his kids and wife were spouting 14 max pros....

I have a Iphone 10R or better known as an XR a big mover and shaker when it came out.....i could donate to you, though one of my thai friends has her eyes on it......you know thai women and iPhones...it opens all sorts of doors...

No sir Demons haven't been slouches in luring some talent there way, Jeff White from Freo about well a long time ago...he was a superstar after Jimmy, couple of pies back when colour tv came in one was Moore son is now a defender @ the pies and won a brownlow with both clubs, Fabulous Phil....who could forget him, at the time around 2008 a big burly CHF forget his name now from the pies who ended up in sick bay for his 3 year contract, but was the number one FA or what ever it was at the time.....that other pie who was you know pushing an agenda and still over racism and still waiting to hear about his time at the dees..was a classy half back that Bucks peed off...and of course Templeton...though was over and done by the time he turned up but we did get two magical games out of him...

Recent additions Rip have been Grundy, May, Leaver, Jordan Lewis, Melksham, Hibberd.

Going back and maybe before your time....andrew leoncelli from the blues....classy mid, nettlebeck from north who was always at the bottom of a pack, Luke beverage and al clarko clarkson, both from somewhere else fringe players bottom of the pack types that won 5 flags between them as coaches sir...steven icke, thank you North....very good CHB who played 6 seasons for us....shane Zanuck thank you north, very worthy ground player, who could forget him telling Ron where too go at 3/4 time one day at the G didnt need no sound to know what he was saying, left Ron speechless....mark jackson from Tigers....well he was a show on his own, couldnt run but had sticky fingers, made a decent career at full forward...vinny cattoggio, one of the mozzie blues fleet footed fellas....afro hair style throw back to sly stone and the 60;s, fan fav buzzing around the packs rover...and brent crosswall, dirt <deleted> he was, also would argue with Ron, yes a few came over from North a year or two before big Ron took over....didnt help of course..gary baker from the scrays, was a leading ruck there for a time with us....

Apart from say clarko and bev the others were all well regarded there Rip and the host of North players coming over had played in 6GFs in a row sir...so its like getting in Dangerfield when he was like 29 etc etc....no Dees been ok at getting in talent, we didnt need to go after the big superstars as we made a few just the second rung was <deleted> sir...like you stole mercenary healy from us....our best player at the time.... 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Gays mate all of them....mums boys...and stuff like that.....i recon there got at of course and and use the home sick blues as an excuse to run home to mama....

Of course it helps when Freo double Jackos salary and offer him twice the term, look if there home town club couldnt fit them in they would play anywhere, so i think the stars are going to cry tears to get home the rest will sweat it out where ever they land...Anyway i think taking a hot WA prospect turning him into something better then sending him back home 2 years later for 2 firsts and a second is pretty good compo, and hopefully hurt Fro to the point that it will curtail future recruiting either by draft or trade...

Think the NFL rookie contracts are for 4 ys, hate the yanks for there politics but they seem together things like this right...Gill should follow suite.....of course theres 2 million and 2 clauses for them to make the cut too...

Free Agency isnt going away, and really it helps level the playing field, clubs want ya or they dont, loyalty is pretty much gone, not much point banging on about it just embrace the current year then expect half the team to be gone the following as in other professional codes..

Shock horror over Ratten, says a lot for a club when they extend and 4 months later make the mucho mula payout, Chooks would be rolling around the floor off the bottle shop there in Fitzroy, like i did say there recruiting several years back only landed one credible player in Hill....the rest were dunnie paper to fill the roll....and Bombers, with a bit of luck they will wallow in the doldrums a little longer, if they start making the 8 them supporters are going to be hard to silence...

I agree it's not going away, but agree to disagree it levels the playing field.

Most of the Free Agent's go to strong  Victorian clubs like Richmond, Collingwood and Geelong. You don't see the bottom 6 sides getting good players a lot.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Most of the Free Agent's go to strong  Victorian clubs like Richmond, Collingwood and Geelong. You don't see the bottom 6 sides getting good players a lot.

Two clubs that did well out off FA and draft picks....Cats and Demons....why? Its how there clubs are run, now uncle Will....if say Julia Gillard came and offered you a job as CO of her company then John Howard head hunted you which would you choose?

Gillard was in charge of a sinking ship everyone wanted a blade in someones back. Johnny ran a tight ship all the murders were hush hush.....so there my friend is how you look at it...

You have to move out of 1965 fella...its professional football....loyalty goes by the name of $AU, and winning, put the two together....

Look at the positive side, the entertainment in the off season, i love it, its better than the games...only trouble is trade week should run till xmas....draft should be included...them yanks know how to do it, package it up and keep you on your toes.....like they have the draft first, of course it helps when there college footy gets prime time every game, then Free Agency, then its trading in n out, then cutting the list then clubs picking the eyes out of who got cut, even goes into the season paper for a while...its fun fun fun, you should get a hobby, when i got back from pattaya silly me didnt think id put the net on so soon down there so i left my gaming machine at home.....i played FM for 4.5 solid hrs last night mr, got through almost half a season....

Saints bought in a half dozen scrubbers and one gem a couple of years ago....look at them now....even De Goofy didnt want to go there, and the Saints probably won more wooden spoons in 150 years than Demons Swans and North combined... Suns giving up a very good player and toss in a first rounder to offload him....i mean...like there been dwellers of the cellar since inception....wonder why.

You got to move on from Ravioli mr, he isnt that good, comes with issues and well you know its hard to keep the natives focused, like dont get me wrong here im not bing explosive but we could start a Central Australian Football League (CAFL) and they could all go play there...get the sheilas to play there too.....i dont know why they wanna put that tripe on the telly, yes i subscribe to a Bingsport which gets me pretty much all soccer games around the word and NFL and so far sheilas footy afl, NFL and Bing....ummm dont start me....when i payed up to Bing it says my credit card would be charged by so and so, then i get hit with PayPal thingos then feeling like i got scammed checked my bank statement and found the name to be something else...so you do the right thing and stop then cancel your card....turned out to be ok but really plz say what you mean dont change it without telling us, meanwhile second instalment of NFL was coming due so as a model citizen i informed them about my card told them 3 weeks to get issued a new one....they of course couldnt care less and after a few emails cancelled my subscription....i told them i would be sending there future emails to the spam folder and watch soccer for the rest of my life....

Anyway if im in the mood or having a sleepless night i can tune in and watch several games of NFL unfortunately i sleep normal quite well....they dont have the option to watch later its live only, anyway i been able to keep an eye on Newcastle United, and Aleague, Victory of course, which is roughly same time as AFL, The women AFLW is being telecast so im wondering if the regular AFL will....like for 100AU$ a year it could be the go to site for a poor pensioner like me....Anyway....

Anyway why the AFL have put there name to the scrubbers league is beyond me....like a few have got some talent but most are C graders, and i noticed the Eagles are over blessed with mousie blondes in the team with pretty poney tails...a big winner for me.....anyway couldn't get through more than half a quarter likes its a big yawn....

• Like 1

On 10/18/2022 at 1:39 PM, AlexRRR said:

Tell me.....im thinking of going over to the 7000 island paradise before xmas, whats the requirements to get in? or do you have special dispensation....Go North....

All you need is the "one health pass" Alex.

Go to the website and fill it in a day before travelling.

I saw a lot of people holding up the check -in in bangers getting help to fill it out on their phones.

For the non tech savy like myself i did it on the computer and printed out a hard copy which to me was easier and accepted.

Back to the sherrin.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

The other thing is most of the bottom melbourne teams are based at Etihad stadium so no real home ground advantage either.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, farmerjo said:

All you need is the "one health pass" Alex.

Go to the website and fill it in a day before travelling.

I saw a lot of people holding up the check -in in bangers getting help to fill it out on their phones.

For the non tech savy like myself i did it on the computer and printed out a hard copy which to me was easier and accepted.

Back to the sherrin.

Thank you kind sir.....the ex sex pest mayor of the Melb CBD did mention pulling it down.. ....said the footy ground was blocking million $ views he obviously owned a few West Melb terraces there...

He also relocated the Yellow Peril by the river, over the on the other side out of the eye ways near the other bit of silliness the aquarium....the Peril all it needs now is a couple of blue wings to cheer up old Will....

• Like 1

21 hours ago, andryyypetrooov said:

Hi everyone, I am new to footy tipping for 2015. I am a long suffering Richmond supporter-they have broken my heart many times. Looking forward to chatting with you all throughout the year.

Love it....welcome...2015? tipping is over for this year....take you 7 years to hit the send button? by the way you wont 3 flags since 2015 mr, i was all a go for your coach when all here were doom and gloom....but since hes now shacked up with one of the young office girls at punt rd...well....were all old fellas here and you know how conservative we can be....anyway stay tuned andy as we will be kicking it off again in march next year...this time dont forget to hit the send button....

• Like 1

On 10/20/2022 at 6:27 PM, andryyypetrooov said:

Hi everyone, I am new to footy tipping for 2015. I am a long suffering Richmond supporter-they have broken my heart many times. Looking forward to chatting with you all throughout the year.

Welcome to the site. Richmond good luck for next year.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

Next season the medical  sub will be replaced with the tactical sub.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/869839/no-more-medi-sub-afl-to-bring-in-new-substitute-rule

Well thats a bit of a joke hey> tactical sup? really, the round ball game has expanded the sup bench from 3 go 5, time we just sat 6 or 7 on the bench and used them as needed.....

Demons offer Bombers 3 first round picks for pick 4 in this years draft.....daft for sure...willy ravioli wonkers is alive and well......and i might add just watched head of recruitment for my club on youtube...if hes running the show....gees.......needs a a good tidy up...

• Like 2

I love they way there trying to beat up the draft on kids we never heard of, like the top 5 might get mentioned in dispatches over the season then thats it....bit like buy a ticket to a new action movie then it turns out to be Battleship or something like that...yes i got dragged to that by a TGF once....what was she thinking? ahhh no words.....just boom boom boom....

• Haha 1

Well don't know about the rest of ya but seems our recruiters where pretty jolly over landing 3 talls in the draft, one a key defender the second a key defender turned forward this year, one of them had an injury that put him out for a while making him slip to 14 or something like that they say in the papers...then some long tall bean stalk ex basketballer who there gonna groom....of course they were going to give up the shop for pick four that went to pick 5, never mind...anyway were not likely to see any of them for a while, last years West Aussie Dutchman de rooney or something like that is expected to step on up next season just long enough o make a name for himself before the Eagles come along to bring the poor heart broken home sick kid home....

Noticed the Demons shyed away from selecting any WA kids......one was local the other a SA, well every one wants out of SA dont they? and the bean stalk no idea where he comes form...

Talks are well advanced to bring the Swans blonde twins to the G for 2024, we have plenty of first round picks on the table Rip.....and just in time as our aging mid fleet will need to be rebooted...

Only 3 months to go....Oh!!!! Demon shelias won the flag men.....stumbled across the game while looking up who was going to be playing that day in the world cup, telling you its looking good that Bingsport for 65US$ a year will stream live all AFL matches....they do NFL, NBL a few other things including golf as well as the round ball game including Aleague....anyway the GFW was not a goal feast, Lions first quarter Demons second quarter then a half of slug feast resembling something like a cross of footy and mud wrestling, some tall blonde pony tail Demon pretty as a picture was highly noticeable in the ruck, not only could she play and take a mark and do some nice ruck work half the crowed would have liked her on there arm.....Eagles have a lot of blondes in there team....i have taken the Women's GF win as a sign of things to come in 2023.....gooooo Rinnie.......

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ripstanley said:

The Everly Brothers had a good song a long time ago.  I think it was call All I Have To Do Is Dream.

Your an old soul.....lost in tradition and loyalty, the only thing that matters Rip is the money on the table....the green crisp 100$ bills in many many neat piles, tax free, the blondes know theres a few flags in Gawn and Grundy starting in 23, not to forget De Roony before he is out of contract and buys a house in Perth....

Well i got a shock when i got back to BKK today, i got a speeding fine....bl;ow me down they have speed cameras in Chiang Rai, clocked doing 101 in a 50 zone...that means all the Thai drivers that flew past me got an invite to the coffers as well.....at least this bill is in partly english not like M-Flow which i have no knowledge of hit me for a 30b fee and fined me 300 casue i didnt know i had incured the charge and didnt pay it in the 2 days grace period....thanks to my condo manager who was partly stumped also but can read Thai we worked out how to pay it from my phone, bless her heart...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ripstanley said:

I had to us DJ Google to find it. Buddy has bought a mansion on the Gold Coast but still playing with the Swans. I presume you mean De Goey.. 

Sorry to confuse us all......number 21 Jacob van Rooyen from Claremont WA 19 ys old 193 cm swingman taken with our number one pick last year sir, surprised he didnt get a game last year, was highly rated in the daft, and we all know them west aussie get home sick and wanna go home....

21 was Steven Feby's number they dont give that one out lightly.

Well Swans money going to the coast, like why would you want to live in either Melbourne of Sydney if you dont have too?

• Like 2