Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

10 hours ago, Will27 said:

I still think There's a place for the bump if executed correctly.

I agree Will.

It mostly arises from a players lack of AWARENESS.

Evasion and bracing for contact are a skills being lost to the game.

I always thought in the right circumstances is was better on my body to bump rather than tackle.

The arm is tucked in to support the shoulder in a bump where as you become more prone to arm,shoulder,hand injuries with a tackle.

It's the little things that evolve into bigger issues,take skin tight jumpers as an example.

Nothing to grab hold off anymore so it's a rugby tackle at the hips(which you lead with your head) or grab an arm.It all leads to more concussions than a well executed bump.

If anyone wants to see the bump at its best go back and watch the bump on Liam Shiels  in Roos v Wce game,

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Will27 said:

I still think There's a place for the bump if executed correctly.

Having said that, I thought Bud should've gotten 2 weeks and Pickett 4.

OMG...it's a sissies game now....in 2021 it was a slug and tackle feast now it's netball....baaa to Gillon and tinkering with the rules....

My Man Picket should have stayed on his feet...other wise it's a good advert for AFL sirs....see it in NFL a lot...

You're a harsh man Will....hes only lad and 3 ys in.........

I watched the first 3 games of the season after quarter 1 of the Geelong game i thought it a total of well being nice poo football....they're taken the defensive side almost right out of it, as a spectacle i was almost yawning during the Demon game....

So what have we got? a hybird of yesteryear that resembles Gaelic football..run at all cost...its the electric version of your motor cars men.......you know how i feel about altering rules etc....well were almost back to 1970 where you run and kick and mark and go back on the mark and kick and run and get a free yes so many of them for scratch scratch like we use to penalise a guy if he dropped a ball or got pushed in the back or fell on someones back or wrapped his tentacles around his throat..... you know stuff like that, no frigging idea what 65% of the frees are for now...

It's pee poor football....i can see myself just tuning into one game a week...well i do mostly anyway but im known for watching a few i think might be a bit good you know....think it would be more interesting  to count the pisspots sitting in a bar at 11am along beach road than watch AFL these days men

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

OMG...it's a sissies game now....in 2021 it was a slug and tackle feast now it's netball....baaa to Gillon and tinkering with the rules....

My Man Picket should have stayed on his feet...other wise it's a good advert for AFL sirs....see it in NFL a lot...

You're a harsh man Will....hes only lad and 3 ys in.........

I watched the first 3 games of the season after quarter 1 of the Geelong game i thought it a total of well being nice poo football....they're taken the defensive side almost right out of it, as a spectacle i was almost yawning during the Demon game....

So what have we got? a hybird of yesteryear that resembles Gaelic football..run at all cost...its the electric version of your motor cars men.......you know how i feel about altering rules etc....well were almost back to 1970 where you run and kick and mark and go back on the mark and kick and run and get a free yes so many of them for scratch scratch like we use to penalise a guy if he dropped a ball or got pushed in the back or fell on someones back or wrapped his tentacles around his throat..... you know stuff like that, no frigging idea what 65% of the frees are for now...

It's pee poor football....i can see myself just tuning into one game a week...well i do mostly anyway but im known for watching a few i think might be a bit good you know....think it would be more interesting  to count the pisspots sitting in a bar at 11am along beach road than watch AFL these days men

"A sissy's game"

The game's as tough as it's ever been IMO.

Picking blokes of who can't protect themselves isn't tough.

Standing in front of a pack and not taking your eye off the pill is tough.

Too many ex-players having concussion/brain issues.

If the AFL is serious, they have to come down harder IMO.

I don't follow NFL but know they are padded and have helmets.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Will27 said:

"A sissy's game"

Well said. Defining courage and cowardice. And the chap who sticks his foot out to stud someone in the throat. That's just a C**** act. Ban him for life.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, farmerjo said:

Case by case as always.

Thought McAdam was stiff.

A player with experience would of seen that coming and knocked the ball on rather than taking hold of it.

Bet the kid from GWS thinks different next time.

Can't see how McAdam got more than Pickett.

Thought Pickett's was a lot worse.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Will27 said:

"A sissy's game"

Here we go go go....its play on at all costs, they set out to make it fast with the idea to make it a world spectacle, taken the defensive side out of it, frees are like scratch scratch 60% of the time, breath on them your pinged, not on about Picket and the missile attack.

Wanna see some of that tackling come back...some scrums, wanna see Physical strength effort to break free and create a la Dustin Martin and Christian Pretracca sernerio, from my sofa watching on 85inch now......yes eye sight is failing...and was cheaper, watched the price fall over a few months visiting Home pro...

Anyway im different to everyone else....lucky me...was/is the black cat in the family...meaowwwww, boring for me to watch is all i can say....

As for the head injuries and this new side to the long lasting effects of it, im afraid it cant be stamped out, even shaking the player will do it, soccer players are now known to have it, any type of contact sport is on notice so what do you do? Do people stop playing contact sport because you might get it? do you cut tacking out of all sport? Helmets haven't stopped it....

7 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Here we go go go....its play on at all costs, they set out to make it fast with the idea to make it a world spectacle, taken the defensive side out of it, frees are like scratch scratch 60% of the time, breath on them your pinged, not on about Picket and the missile attack.

Wanna see some of that tackling come back...some scrums, wanna see Physical strength effort to break free and create a la Dustin Martin and Christian Pretracca sernerio, from my sofa watching on 85inch now......yes eye sight is failing...and was cheaper, watched the price fall over a few months visiting Home pro...

Anyway im different to everyone else....lucky me...was/is the black cat in the family...meaowwwww, boring for me to watch is all i can say....

As for the head injuries and this new side to the long lasting effects of it, im afraid it cant be stamped out, even shaking the player will do it, soccer players are now known to have it, any type of contact sport is on notice so what do you do? Do people stop playing contact sport because you might get it? do you cut tacking out of all sport? Helmets haven't stopped it....

Tell me about your new 85 incher Uncle Alex.

• Like 1

Thursday funnies.....

This is an Hawaiian pizza game Will the Blues find something extra? no can only get pineapple....Will the Cats bounce back? Said pineapple only....id say Voss could find half that pizza in his lap....like who would back the Blues tonight?

Lions, gees a week is an eternity, gone from premiership favs to cold Lasagne left out over night, in Thailand (no air con) no one will touch them now....damming bit of stats last night on one of the footy shows.....Cats nor Demons been beaten by 50 let alone 100 points in like 2 ys, the Lions? look a bit like North there men...In Brisbane at night should be a good game expecting a close one as you know Demons like to keep you in it for a long time....still to develop a killer instinct...

The Pancake match, arivadechi Roma, excuse my poor spelling even Italian....song popped into my head....Dean Martin actually.....well Pies at home, what could it mean? i will tune into this game, stupid time spot should be prime time...... i will have a Tiramisu flavoured pancake, just add banana and nutella.....begrudgingly Pies might win here ....but fingers crossed...

Time machine better get a heart check up before the game mate....or lash out and get an Apple watch....Crows known for , warning warning enemy @ 12 o'clock.......swift strike when least expected.....at home just the crowed is worth 4 goals....and like Tigers are now a mid table team so you know.....good luck you will need it and dont have any objects near you as we dont want a repeat of the missile attack a la Pickett.....

Dogs to bring Lyon and Saints back to the ground anyone? there will be a flurry of free flowing beer at the Fitzroy drive through saturday night if they dont, Corona for me Chooks....im with you my man....

Fj will be up in the trees with the tree snakes come saturday evening....sky high with 2 wins on the board, never felt so good and no alcohol in his system needed....enjoy....

Rips men keep on keeping on keeping on like the ever ready batteries, put down your glasses and watch a movie....some pretty ordinary stuff on Netflix these days you know....like to know where these writers get there inspirations from.....like i just roll my eyes when contradictions arise.....honestly....just last night even...god dam they forget what they wrote 15 min earlier.....

Well im off the Suns.....expect a smoothie here men.....nice tropical fruit punch smoothie....

In the match of the round......Eagles to turn it around....anyone? well you wouldnt risk you pick would you? American hot dog meets Australian meat pie....both have tomato sauce with it....blood? snack time cast to the time of the weekend when were getting ready to go out for dinner or coming home from a day out with the kids....says it all.......... right? Have you found a hobby for this year Uncle Will?, i recall 40 ys of these sorts of games....

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

29 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Tell me about your new 85 incher Uncle Alex.

Well the beauty of it is i can Airplay from tablet and pc and have done to the Samsung 85inch telly,....to watch footy and soccer....

I bought a condo and had every intension of renovating which came into fruition during my many trips to Home pro i would look at the tellys as knew at the end id be buying one....the 85inch caught my eye, the sales man tried to hook main of course but id just look and go....eventually chatting to him i settled on the one i bought, was 100,000 to begin with, over the 3 months i was popping in and out of the store it was getting discounted and going up on sale, long story short the sales man worded me up on it when it was about to drop so one vist i handed over 65,000 for it....

Was in HP late last week....it's still available for that price, of course it must be run out stock if you're in the market go to HP if none in your fair town they have in Pattaya suk rd store.....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Well the beauty of it is i can Airplay from tablet and pc and have done to the Samsung 85inch telly,....to watch footy and soccer....

I bought a condo and had every intension of renovating which came into fruition during my many trips to Home pro i would look at the tellys as knew at the end id be buying one....the 85inch caught my eye, the sales man tried to hook main of course but id just look and go....eventually chatting to him i settled on the one i bought, was 100,000 to begin with, over the 3 months i was popping in and out of the store it was getting discounted and going up on sale, long story short the sales man worded me up on it when it was about to drop so one vist i handed over 65,000 for it....

Was in HP late last week....it's still available for that price, of course it must be run out stock if you're in the market go to HP if none in your fair town they have in Pattaya suk rd store.....

I'm curious on how it looks when you watch a lower resolution  stream. Some tvs have very good upscaling and turn a blocky picture into something much clearer but eventually when larger sizes are hit only so much upscaling can be done effectively.

I'll bet my 50 incher that Tigers beat crows. Haha.

• Haha 1

For you Will.....went looking for details but cant find, tv is too big to move on my own....Oled, 85inch Samsung was retailing at 100,000 up till around sept last year been sitting on 65,000 obviously since around october, not the 200,000 b job i might add.

Mr Time Machine.... im not like into tvs and i just watch netflix afl and some soccer on it rest of my screen time is on pc....since i learned to airplay because the body thing wont get the AFL watch app i noticed a few things.....Looks great but depends on stream...netflix is excellent and games i watched afl are very good too...soccer...well i subscribe to Bingsport 60US$ a year...they do stream afl as well but limited time span too watch a repeat  of a game and im yet to test it out. 

This TV obviously connects to internet, my experience the tv search engine is very slow and clunky tried watching YouTube etc and yes i got a cheap mouse and keyboard for it, for Bingsport the streams from the tv google search engine were a bit ordinary found by air playing/mirroring from either tablet or pc a big improvement, best way to go about using the web on it is sit with your tablet on the sofa men and use it as your trackpad/keyboard, works very well...

If you're seriously in the market Uncle Will....im happy to run up to HP and get the details for you, i checked the HP app and my TV wasnt listed or i couldnt find it, if you had the details you could order it via Pattaya at your local HP, i did that in BKK for hotplate and oven then had it sent to Pattaya..

IMG_1383.HEIC

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

For you Will.....went looking for details but cant find, tv is too big to move on my own....Oled, 85inch Samsung was retailing at 100,000 up till around sept last year been sitting on 65,000 obviously since around october, not the 200,000 b job i might add.

Mr Time Machine.... im not like into tvs and i just watch netflix afl and some soccer on it rest of my screen time is on pc....since i learned to airplay because the body thing wont get the AFL watch app i noticed a few things.....Looks great but depends on stream...netflix is excellent and games i watched afl are very good too...soccer...well i subscribe to Bingsport 60US$ a year...they do stream afl as well but limited time span too watch a repeat  of a game and im yet to test it out. 

This TV obviously connects to internet, my experience the tv search engine is very slow and clunky tried watching YouTube etc and yes i got a cheap mouse and keyboard for it, for Bingsport the streams from the tv google search engine were a bit ordinary found by air playing/mirroring from either tablet or pc a big improvement, best way to go about using the web on it is sit with your tablet on the sofa men and use it as your trackpad/keyboard, works very well...

If you're seriously in the market Uncle Will....im happy to run up to HP and get the details for you, i checked the HP app and my TV wasnt listed or i couldnt find it, if you had the details you could order it via Pattaya at your local HP, i did that in BKK for hotplate and oven then had it sent to Pattaya..

IMG_1383.HEIC 1.87 MB · 1 download

Thanks mate.

The reason I asked is because I picked up a Samsung 85" QLED 4K Q65B a few months ago.

Got a good deal with a sound bar thrown in.

I don't have to cast from my phone or tablet.

I don't worry about the "smart" side of things.

I just run it through a set top box and have put the watchafl app on that.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Will27 said:

Thanks mate.

The reason I asked is because I picked up a Samsung 85" QLED 4K Q65B a few months ago.

Got a good deal with a sound bar thrown in.

I don't have to cast from my phone or tablet.

I don't worry about the "smart" side of things.

I just run it through a set top box and have put the watchafl app on that.

Airplay/mirroring is great...mate.... https://www.homepro.co.th/p/1197012 this is the 75inch i would buy that if i was in the market....60,000 dropped to 37,000, its 4k QLED but 85 not showing in there catalogue, Patts store has them..a selected few for a few selected people sir....

I got a choice  for either a Samsung vacuum cleaner or a Samsung microwave, since i had both what do you think i choose? 

Like dont discount it anymore fellas just throw in something you dont need....when i was buying real world things that you use every day like taps basins and sinks they keep trying to drag me to items on sale with a pack of goodies....like buy this fridge and we will give you 5 pieces of useless items you can clutter your home with.....when i threw up my hands and said i dont want them just discount the item i want....they were stunned and the entire store fell into a deathly quite....

Thais like something for nothing.....marketing here drives the economy....

I chose the vacuum cleaner thinking the old one which was near new would cark it one day soon.....havent used it since the renos have stooped...so there...still in the box men a 3000 B samsung vacuum cleaner....can give to some lucky person for half price...arnt i good fella? if i was Thai id want 2999B....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Airplay/mirroring is great...mate.... https://www.homepro.co.th/p/1197012 this is the 75inch i would buy that if i was in the market....60,000 dropped to 37,000, its 4k QLED but 85 not showing in there catalogue, Patts store has them..a selected few for a few selected people sir....

I got a choice  for either a Samsung vacuum cleaner or a Samsung microwave, since i had both what do you think i choose? 

Like dont discount it anymore fellas just throw in something you dont need....when i was buying real world things that you use every day like taps basins and sinks they keep trying to drag me to items on sale with a pack of goodies....like buy this fridge and we will give you 5 pieces of useless items you can clutter your home with.....when i threw up my hands and said i dont want them just discount the item i want....they were stunned and the entire store fell into a deathly quite....

Thais like something for nothing.....marketing here drives the economy....

I chose the vacuum cleaner thinking the old one which was near new would cark it one day soon.....havent used it since the renos have stooped...so there...still in the box men a 3000 B samsung vacuum cleaner....can give to some lucky person for half price...arnt i good fella? if i was Thai id want 2999B....

That's the model I got but the 85 inch version.

Also had a nice sound bar thrown in.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Will27 said:

That's the model I got but the 85 inch version.

Also had a nice sound bar thrown in.

Since we are talking visual n audio Id like to suggest exciter speakers if you live the Thai tiny house lifestyle. Basically a flat foam panel that hangs on the wall or ceiling.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

Since we are talking visual n audio Id like to suggest exciter speakers if you live the Thai tiny house lifestyle. Basically a flat foam panel that hangs on the wall or ceiling.

I use to own a few rather expensive hi fi sets...i use to be god dam fussy with not just my music mr but how it sounds....like were talking 25,000$ plus and thats going back 10 to 20 ys ago.......dont ask me how much my brother spent on up grading, got lucky with a few discarded pre amps and amps sitting around his lounge room a few times....

i did once by a surround sound for the telly.....big mistake...wasnt cheap wasnt expensive and was junk...they were they days i had to much money and brain use to say when i woke "what will you spend your money on today?"

As i deteriote into old age and well no income i have mended my ways....the telly speakers are just fine in the end men its just spoken words and boom crash etc.....if i want to hear some quality music i put on head phones.....easy to travel with costs well nothing like you would imagine.....picked up my head set in Japan in 2015, best thing i ever heard, but they were out of stock....i pleaded with the sales man in my failing Japanese to sell me the display one but he stood fast....so i bought the next set down....after 24 hrs my ears couldnt tell the difference.... turns out there available in AU these days was but never got around to getting that super duper set i wanted.....also i brought through Amazon a Koss set, there not hi fidelity but there dam good for 65au$ 150au$ in BKK if you can find there my walking getto blasters....but now days that im setting into the distance like almost dead you know i dont listen to music so much anymore....even in the car, stopped buying it stopped looking to download...just a fuddy duddy now....

If i were you timmachine id get that foam exciter painted by an artist to add to the experience.....dont forget to hang one of them disco thingos from the ceiling and shine a spotty on it....get the Thai girls ooooh ahhhh....thats will defiantly excite them......and what music could i expect to hear coming out of them.......Bee Gees's first single?

• Love It 1

45 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

I use to own a few rather expensive hi fi sets...i use to be god dam fussy with not just my music mr but how it sounds....like were talking 25,000$ plus and thats going back 10 to 20 ys ago.......dont ask me how much my brother spent on up grading, got lucky with a few discarded pre amps and amps sitting around his lounge room a few times....

i did once by a surround sound for the telly.....big mistake...wasnt cheap wasnt expensive and was junk...they were they days i had to much money and brain use to say when i woke "what will you spend your money on today?"

As i deteriote into old age and well no income i have mended my ways....the telly speakers are just fine in the end men its just spoken words and boom crash etc.....if i want to hear some quality music i put on head phones.....easy to travel with costs well nothing like you would imagine.....picked up my head set in Japan in 2015, best thing i ever heard, but they were out of stock....i pleaded with the sales man in my failing Japanese to sell me the display one but he stood fast....so i bought the next set down....after 24 hrs my ears couldnt tell the difference.... turns out there available in AU these days was but never got around to getting that super duper set i wanted.....also i brought through Amazon a Koss set, there not hi fidelity but there dam good for 65au$ 150au$ in BKK if you can find there my walking getto blasters....but now days that im setting into the distance like almost dead you know i dont listen to music so much anymore....even in the car, stopped buying it stopped looking to download...just a fuddy duddy now....

If i were you timmachine id get that foam exciter painted by an artist to add to the experience.....dont forget to hang one of them disco thingos from the ceiling and shine a spotty on it....get the Thai girls ooooh ahhhh....thats will defiantly excite them......and what music could i expect to hear coming out of them.......Bee Gees's first single?

That's too bad champ. I had a discount price lined up for you. $80. Not to worry I'll bring my headphones on grand final day. Your setup can handle more than 1 pair I hope.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, farmerjo said:

How did the Kangaroos look on those 85 inches men????

So happy for the club.

Happy for you FJ.

Amazing what good coach's like Clarkson and Lyon can do in a short period of time.

Freo didnt deserve to win but I thought the umps stuffed up not not paying the free kick.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Happy for you FJ.

Amazing what good coach's like Clarkson and Lyon can do in a short period of time.

Freo didnt deserve to win but I thought the umps stuffed up not not paying the free kick.

Thanks Will

I was still getting over Walters kicking a goal when it was Amiss's free kick.

Anyway sorts itself out.

TBH looked like the umps added up the free kick count at 3/4 time and decided we needed a few.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

Might as well give Collingwood the Premiership trophy now. They are skilled up and look unbeatable.

Tigers off to a good start.  Should win.

Sandringham zebras have much better percentage and sit on top of the AFL ladder undefeated.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Well Gents

That's it for round two.

Three people picked 6 with Rip getting the Milky Bar's for being closest to the margin.

Until next week.

image.png.6de338c5004c9bf7027aa029efdb3c8d.png

Well done Rip on the tipping and getting me in the fantasy.

And well done WA in the cricket,watched the winning runs half time of Bombers GCS's game.????

Daily double for Will with WCE getting up too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Well done Rip on the tipping and getting me in the fantasy.

And well done WA in the cricket,watched the winning runs half time of Bombers GCS's game.????

Daily double for Will with WCE getting up too.

Thanks FJ. Will wait until the fantasy team ring the bell for all clear. Usually tomorrow. I thought you were going to get me in the last game.

• Like 1