Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

On 3/24/2023 at 4:55 PM, TimeMachine said:

That's too bad champ. I had a discount price lined up for you. $80. Not to worry I'll bring my headphones on grand final day. Your setup can handle more than 1 pair I hope.

You're a big budget man mr TimeMachine......i got the disease from my mum...my brother still has it sisters hubby the biggest pirate in the Pacific got it out of her, and im mending my ways....i use LOW these days......hardly ever pay full price for well clothes in particular not to mention the 85inch telly....

We can get together and sing "Its a Grand Old Flag" in 2045 our next serious tilt at a flag....think you mob will pick up at least 8 more by then....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/24/2023 at 9:15 PM, ripstanley said:

Alex were you in Brisbane tonight. 

You saw me setting fire to one of them tower lights?

Slipped over to Sydney in congnito, all the spy gear on........trench coat and fake moustache had a charter flight lined to take me to Brissie...... after big Max went down i suspected as much....Simon out of his depths again....

Had to do something as we were like one of the premiership favs before the start of the season you know....looking very ordinary and im being polite....

You know some coaches stay to long....Bev and Simone.....a swap would be in order....id go for that....Bev played for us too at one point....another Clarko type in and out of the team and often on the bottom of the pack..no talent but at least tried...

Well why on earth did Simone let Jayden move to WCE who by the way play him in his "natural" position on the wing and bring in Slacky Hunter, my god what were they thinking? plays the wing like a Bedouin......all over the place but not near the ball....and by the way as quick as Mark Jackson in his prime.....

Simone also has too much faith in some players...if i get going id rattle of at least 8 names who should be lining up for Casey next week.....but here's a few, Spargo, Neal-Bullen...Harmes.....Rivers.....Tomlinson....Chandler....and they're the ones who didnt get a kick....throw in Tom MacDonald who just isnt having any influence in the games, but at least got a kick and a goal i think, after that hopeless lot half a dozen regulars just not tuned in.....for long enough during the game....

Let's not get carried away with the Win over the Dogs, was a practice game....by me tinkering with the lights ended what was looking like a 60 point thrashing and we ended up being flattered by going down by 11.....

The one good thing that came out of the game was Grundy ran into some form by being on the ball all night, hes go 6 weeks to hit his all AU status before Max is due back then we will find out about Simone's duel big man threat....

• Like 2

On 3/25/2023 at 1:07 PM, TimeMachine said:

Might as well give Collingwood the Premiership trophy now. They are skilled up and look unbeatable.

Tigers off to a good start.  Should win.

Hawthorn was top of the ladder this time last year....Suns and Blues in the 8 as well....week 5 will start sorting things out....

• Like 1

On 3/25/2023 at 6:58 PM, farmerjo said:

How did the Kangaroos look on those 85 inches men????

So happy for the club.

North looked good....the big telly shows Clarko has got pudgee.....and now wears a 3XXX t-shirt....cant afford to dress your men better down there?

You will be smiling for another week.....go North and Saints.....

• Like 2

I'm ready for a big Tiger win today and all without King Dustin Martin. He has had is reign. First rule of the universe. Can't expect everything to be the same. Thanks for the exciting plays Dusty but now we simply await the next super human footy players.

Tigers by 12 points. I'll put my juice blender on it this time.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

I'm ready for a big Tiger win today and all without King Dustin Martin. He has had is reign. First rule of the universe. Can't expect everything to be the same. Thanks for the exciting plays Dusty but now we simply await the next super human footy players.

Tigers by 12 points. I'll put my juice blender on it this time.

The lord looked down from upon the mountain.......and so it came to pass...12 fishes not enough for the Tigers...close yes....showed how to play the Pies.....i was rooting for ya....

Hardwick took the fear out of playing the Pies for the other 15 teams who could match them......thank you Rinnieeeee....

25 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

The lord looked down from upon the mountain.......and so it came to pass...12 fishes not enough for the Tigers...close yes....showed how to play the Pies.....i was rooting for ya....

Hardwick took the fear out of playing the Pies for the other 15 teams who could match them......thank you Rinnieeeee....

If it wasn't wet and the Pies kicked straight, they win by 10 goals Uncle Alex.

• Confused 2

58 minutes ago, Will27 said:

If it wasn't wet and the Pies kicked straight, they win by 10 goals Uncle Alex.

now now.....bad kicking is bad football and there was plenty of Tiger pressure especially in defence....

Tigers mostly checked there man on man and peeling off running to space from centre to goal square, Pies defiantly on a high as everything they do turns to gold there well drilled and have an ability to know where there team mate is but the luck will be running thinner as the season progresses....

Seems to me you need the cattle of course to match but man on man where the ball is in a 70m arch then a screen zone with defenders standing on offenders toes....simple maths men...pressure = turn overs with guys playing in that zone rebounding and even creating the loose man...hope your reading this Simon...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

Didn't get to watch too much but yeah thought tigers were lucky on the weather. Pies looking well in control and can't see any team beating them. What has happened to Cats? Oh that's right , that universe rule.

I must be one of the few who thought the Tigers played well....i wanted to watch that game just to see how the Pies operate, thought Hardwick did a good job to stifle there game play, which was man on man in defence and around the wall within a kick arch while between defence and ball played a zone...

Lack of pedigree players was the result not from lack of planning, Pies on a high but i didnt think convincing played like a well drilled machine, they have there flaws that better sides will expose and the season goes on, every one is all in on MCray, its not rocket science...

11 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Thanks men

And for Will changing the candy bars weekly.

Your boys showed plenty of heart today.

Alex will be purchasing a Starbucks shortly with a red and and blue comfy feeling at the enterance down in Patts.

Happy for GCS's with respect to Swallow playing 200,getting the job done was a big effort.

Never expected my boys to win in Tassie but still in the 8

Swanies a better side without Buddy but how do you let the champ go. 

Hope when i win a week i get a Pollywaffle....

I make better coffee at home sir.....well what can we say the Saints keep on keeping on....wish i had the confidence to pick them....i did have the Hawks picked by the way but after listening to Dunstall he convinced me they weren't going to win a game this year.....normally i dont change my picks but being at the foot of the table i needed some divine guidance....well were not listening to Dunstall again are we....

Lance.....dont know....think he was worth his place in the team, he was all over May like leprosy if he had of kicked straight along with the dark guy it could have been different.......

• Like 2

When is a fool a fool? when you leave Brighton to take on the Chelsea job is when....Potter SACKED over night joins Frank and Gerald and a few more....mind you Southhampton didnt get better there still last Everton still in relegation territory, in fact most of the clubs that bulleted out there coach haven't done to much so.....Conte anyone? if you play FM23 you quickly learn how clubs have unrealistic demands....just took a team out of Seria B to A bring in a few over the hill veterans on Free's to help keep us up ( got a pultry transfer budget that even Melbourne Victory would struggle with) and club is now expecting us to win the Italian cup and Finnish on top of A....games mimic real life....

To be half fair to Graham hes had more written about him this season than his entire life....the other guy who was taking up valuable space was Conte....he knew how to get sacked and go home....and still get paid....

Jose? well year 3 is coming up which is a toxic year, Conte is normally a year 3 casualty as well...

Who will be the first AFL coach on Madam Guillotine? im tipping a few will go this year......Simo....Bev, if Freo  stay bottom 6 add him....Dewie might need to make finals....and Ken......is looking down the barrel again....pressure mounting....expect a Koch spray sometime soon....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

Hope when i win a week i get a Pollywaffle....

I make better coffee at home sir.....well what can we say the Saints keep on keeping on....wish i had the confidence to pick them....i did have the Hawks picked by the way but after listening to Dunstall he convinced me they weren't going to win a game this year.....normally i dont change my picks but being at the foot of the table i needed some divine guidance....well were not listening to Dunstall again are we....

Lance.....dont know....think he was worth his place in the team, he was all over May like leprosy if he had of kicked straight along with the dark guy it could have been different.......

I'll see what I can do Uncle Alex.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, ripstanley said:

Alex are you going for a draw with Swans and Port.

Not a draw sir.....my crystal ball shows a team with white in the jumper will win...

Ps i was very nervous last week.....only got to relax in the last quarter.....i was bobbing around on the sofa for most of the game....Frankies got a bit dirty hey?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Will27 said:

Brisbane hard to beat at home.

Away from home is another story.

I can't remember the last time I picked a winner on a Thurday night.

My first for the year....

Pies were done in the 3rd....them footy commentators had the Pies doing a Lazarath right up to 10 min to go and 30 plus points down...

After 10 straight goals Pie players had BEATEN all over their faces.....they the commentators friggin annoyed me....talk about only one team on the ground...

Hardwick showed you how to beat them Tigers just didnt have the players to do it but i thought had a go all night...

Anyway the GF is played at the G....got to win more than a few on the road...

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Not a draw sir.....my crystal ball shows a team with white in the jumper will win...

Ps i was very nervous last week.....only got to relax in the last quarter.....i was bobbing around on the sofa for most of the game....Frankies got a bit dirty hey?

Both teams have white in their jumper. Port have a white V.

• Haha 1