Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

13 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

The bye was introduced to stop teams mass resting players in the last round if in a position to do so.I remember North resting about 10 players one year.

Also to give all the best players every chance to be fit to go.

Looking through the injury lists of the last 8 teams there are some quality players touch and go and will benefit from the bye.

https://www.afl.com.au/matches/injury-list

Swans would have been happy not to have the bye.

Its called progress......i kinda like it...and if you think out side of the Thai box mr that there all in i might add and what ever you do dont get me going on that....its about making it the best spectacle possible for you starved people living overseas...Big Tom will get a Casey game or two under his belt before maybe the second final where he will have a BIG impact.....lala la....

Anyway the noise on the sleding has gotten to a yawn situation....Ross is back on the coaching merry go round...look if he was going to coach again he'd have been swooped upon by now....just goes to show you how wrong they all are when GWS named there new coach...was he ever mentioned?

By the way im learning why Thai drivers do certain things.....A lesson learned yesterday cost me a new front tire....they just love obstacles dont they.....3 times that poor rim has hit something and dare i say glad i got an SUV here.....well the worst was in the rego branch what every you call it here where i went to swap the red plates that didnt get swapped till 2 days later.....i know thais are short but gees....some sharp thingo walked right out to i guess narrow the already congested car park well it scratched the god dam 20 inch rim and took a chunk out of my tire....but yesterdays one did the trick...3 times baby....and that was just driving into a car park of one of them design centres....cheap lesson learned...swing wide fella and dont mind who you block or hold up.....like the Demons began swinging wide last game....ho i dont know.....this finals series will tell us if we have men of steel in the Pussy's and Demon line ups....you know they remind me off a hawthorn team once where good old Jeans had his dads army of about 4 300 gamers in and they were looking like a sorry lot...fell short a few years running, then...out of the blue they take the big one before Mathews and co take there gold watches to the retirement home.....

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

The bye was introduced to stop teams mass resting players in the last round if in a position to do so.I remember North resting about 10 players one year.

Also to give all the best players every chance to be fit to go.

Looking through the injury lists of the last 8 teams there are some quality players touch and go and will benefit from the bye.

https://www.afl.com.au/matches/injury-list

Swans would have been happy not to have the bye.

It pretty much won the Western Bulldogs a flag.

I'm with Tim Watson.

Essendon great Tim Watson hates the pre-finals bye and says the AFL’s decision to introduce it was an “overreaction”.

The AFL introduced the bye in 2016 to stop clubs from resting players in the final round of the home and away

season before finals.

With the 2022 regular season coming to an end last week, clubs competing in September will now get a week off before starting their finals campaigns next week.

Last year’s pre-finals bye was scrapped due to the threat of COVID with the week off instead taking place before the Grand Final.

“No AFL footy this weekend after what’s been a sensational season,” Watson told SEN Breakfast.

“The last round was amazing, drama of the highest order, but we don’t need to catch our collective breath, we want to dive back in.

“The bye was an overreaction many years ago.”

Watson continued: “I hate the bye. I hate this with a real passion. I hate what we’re doing to the game this weekend.

“Our game has always been about the qualification of where you finish on the ladder, that’s what it’s been about.

“It is a game of attrition. It’s an endurance battle between teams. It’s about getting that advantage. That’s why you win as many games as you do, and you finish in the order and the position that you do.

“Why oh why do we have this <deleted> bye, I’ve got no idea.”

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Not much new blood in the top ten Will.

Jones looks like a find across half back with another pre season under his belt.

JOHN WORSFOLD MEDAL TOP 10

1. Tom Barrass – 182 votes
2. Shannon Hurn – 149
3. Tim Kelly – 131
4. Jack Darling – 120
5. Liam Duggan – 118
6. Jack Redden – 112
7. Luke Shuey – 105
8. Jamie Cripps – 96
9. Jamaine Jones – 84
10. Liam Ryan – 77 

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GWS top ten

2022 Kevin Sheedy Medal Top 10:

1. Sam Taylor - 156 votes
2. Stephen Coniglio - 108
3. Tom Green - 104
4. Harry Himmelberg - 99
5. Jesse Hogan - 93
6. Harry Perryman - 91
7. Toby Greene - 90
8. Josh Kelly - 89
9. Isaac Cumming - 86
10. Callan Ward - 79 

6 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Not much new blood in the top ten Will.

JOHN WORSFOLD MEDAL TOP 10

1. Tom Barrass – 182 votes
2. Shannon Hurn – 149
3. Tim Kelly – 131
4. Jack Darling – 120
5. Liam Duggan – 118
6. Jack Redden – 112
7. Luke Shuey – 105
8. Jamie Cripps – 96
9. Jamaine Jones – 84
10. Liam Ryan – 77 

Yep

Apart from Jones, not a lot coming through.

Barrass will be captain next year I think.

Great effort by Hurn to finish runner up at 34.

Hough, Culley and Bazzo get a tick but didn't play enough games to make top 10.

Our number one pick (Chesser) in last years draft got injured and didn't play a game.

McGovern was leading after 8 games and went down.

Yeo hardly got on the paddock.

Oscar Allen missed the whole year.

Same for Rioli and Nic Nat.

We're going to be in a bit of pain for the next 2 years but we'll bounce back, because

that's what we do.

Will have pick 2 or 3 plus 2 more in the top 25.

Need to hit the draft hard.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

GWS top ten

2022 Kevin Sheedy Medal Top 10:

1. Sam Taylor - 156 votes
2. Stephen Coniglio - 108
3. Tom Green - 104
4. Harry Himmelberg - 99
5. Jesse Hogan - 93
6. Harry Perryman - 91
7. Toby Greene - 90
8. Josh Kelly - 89
9. Isaac Cumming - 86
10. Callan Ward - 79 

No Lachie Whitfield in the top 10 and he's on a million plus.

Josh Kelly on a million plus as well and finishes 8th.

I reckon Adam Kingsley will be good for them.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sceadugenga said:

The ABC channel (Australia Network) on TrueVisions has a few AWFL AFLW games on all weekend.

Unfortunately it clashes with some good stuff on the Cartoon Network.

I wonder what type of sledging goes on in the woman's footy.

Nothing like the Zorko sledge I imagine.

Maybe something along the lines of "I'll scissor your mum".

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Hard day at the office.

Tried 10 minutes of aflw then flicked through the vfl and onto wafl games.

Ended up having a nana nap and watching a fishing show.

I'm hearing you FJ.

I put on the 2018 GF????

• Like 2

On 8/30/2022 at 7:17 PM, ripstanley said:

As your team are the bookies favorite I should get 3 goals

Afl website tipping Swans by 10points there Rip, your beaten every top 8 team this year, rolled us earlier and at the G your almost undefeated in second half of the year, Swans have beaten us last 8 encounters, something like that and mostly at the G, 

I would think Swans supporters should be quietly confident, we been like a rikkerty boat second half of the year, taking water and getting egg on our face…..

No chance Demons are favourites here fella, even the thripple m rub were split 50/50 on the teams…..swans a very warm favs in my book….you should give me 24 points in fir a dollar….

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Afl website tipping Swans by 10points there Rip, your beaten every top 8 team this year, rolled us earlier and at the G your almost undefeated in second half of the year, Swans have beaten us last 8 encounters, something like that and mostly at the G, 

I would think Swans supporters should be quietly confident, we been like a rikkerty boat second half of the year, taking water and getting egg on our face…..

No chance Demons are favourites here fella, even the thripple m rub were split 50/50 on the teams…..swans a very warm favs in my book….you should give me 24 points in fir a dollar….

Ladbrokes have Melbourne $1.46 ans Swans $2.75 so it should be 4 goals to me

5 hours ago, ripstanley said:

Ladbrokes have Melbourne $1.46 ans Swans $2.75 so it should be 4 goals to me

Your a betting man? stats don't stack up for you? Demons clearly the underdogs here fella.....and you still have a once in a lifetime now at 79% the best footballer on the planet in the team...my man Lance who's in very good form.......a steal at 24 points on the $ and i will make it a US$

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Your a betting man? stats don't stack up for you? Demons clearly the underdogs here fella.....and you still have a once in a lifetime now at 79% the best footballer on the planet in the team...my man Lance who's in very good form.......a steal at 24 points on the $ and i will make it a US$

Hopefully Demons will play Lions next week 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ripstanley said:

Hopefully Demons will play Lions next week 

Think your on the money there Rip, Demons not beaten the Swans 8 of 10 meetings currently 1-1 but you knocked the puffing out of use midseason, we struggled against top 8 clubs all year...Were Swans beat all top 8 teams......our strength is first quarters where we clearly won 15 in regular season Swans strength is last quarters where they won 17 of them.....were 11-zip on the road and something like 4-5 at the G, Demons in serious trouble tonight dear Rip...and except for last weeks game Swans been "flying high" as the Commordores were once singing.........please have mercy on us.....

• Like 2

Good news for Fj, Clarksons "night of the long knives" brings instant results....in case your not aware of "long Knives" it was Hitler in and around 1936 pretty much knocking off over 100 party members that were or could interrupt his reign....in one bloody night.....blood on the tracks....

Ben A the chief executive officer has been stabbed, hung drawn and quartered and gone baby gone...along with someone else who i forget now....Their word'ed up Pete Jackson the architect of the Demon and prior to that Essendon rise as new Chief.....so good luck on that Fj, 

In comes Todd Viney the once star Demon centre man and pop of Jack to be right hand man to Clarko....Theres a Demon flavour at Arden st now.....yes Clarko played for us for about 5 ys....a grubber kind of mid rover type who wasnt good enough o be standing often but found on bottom of packs when near the ball.....you wanna hope Clarkson's dabble in Free Agency is either improved or over ...but since you dont have anything worth while on  your list they will likely plunder it.....

The politics of football.....We will trade you Jackson for 3 first round picks Fj....and toss in Angus's best mate Spargo as a sweetener...hes a good player.....ho you say hes going to Freo?  just offer 1.1m per season and a 10 year deal and Egg will sign.......we are going after Grundy...

• Like 2