Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Silvagni gets a 4 match ban and Masten 2.

attachicon.gifSuban.JPG

Personally, I thought it was a bit untidy running off to the umpire and crying about it.

Not condoning Masten's actions at all, but have a measured response after the gameand then

report it if you want to.

Now you have all of these Freo supporters backing Suban. Probably the same ones that

were going ballastic when Boomer harvery said at the tribunal, that Crowley kept pinching him.

Like I said, after the game if you want to go ahead and inform the umps, that's fine.

I'm not comparing pinching to biting, but you can't have it both ways IMO.

• Like 1

Personally, I thought it was a bit untidy running off to the umpire and crying about it.

Not condoning Masten's actions at all, but have a measured response after the gameand then

Now you have all of these Freo supporters backing Suban. Probably the same ones that

were going ballastic when Boomer harvery said at the tribunal, that Crowley kept pinching him.

Like I said, after the game if you want to go ahead and inform the umps, that's fine.

Emotion of the moment i reckon. You don't expect to get bitten on field.

Lucky he wasn't in Thailand...It would be rabies shots

• Like 1

....you must be back in cooler Australia and regained your strength after a torrid several weeks with the TGF.

*ahem*

...A delightfully enjoyable month with the TGFs...

That's not what they told mewhistling.gif

I'll get my coat..............

You must have been chatting with some... they were also getting their coasts and leaving.

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

I dedicate this post to the great man... Khun BookMan...

Rhys Shaw has just announced he will retire at the end of the season...

Thaks GS.

Shaw should have gone after about 3 games this season. Some games he is more effective at giving the ball to the opposition than the opposition are themselves.

Teddy R... He also has some big question marks. he has been quite awful the last half dozen weeks. he should be well rested come finals time as he has hardly been moving on the field recently

I will say this for Goodes. I was not a big supporter of him continuing on, but he has had a good year...His last couple of games he has been a standout in some ways. We can't trade anyone decent in, so might as well keep him an extra year.

• Like 1

Emotion of the moment i reckon. You don't expect to get bitten on field.

Lucky he wasn't in Thailand...It would be rabies shots

Yep

That's what I think as well.

Complaining to the ump like that made it almost impossible for him to say otherwise at the tribunal.

2 sides in each state including NT and Tassie then its a national competion.

And which Vic teams would you keep ? One would have to be Collingwood, so how are you going to sort out the other ?

I guess only time will tell.if it happens at all.

I'm from WA and never wanted interstate teams believing if you were good enough you went and played VFL.

Then you played state of origin to represent your state.

Worked allright for many decades but its a very different game today from then.

Once there was a set of rules,now its full of rule makers.

I think the argument is probably there that the games better,myself i think not.(television coverage has come a long way)

Sides get blown away the same as they did 100 years ago and goal kicking hasn't improved.

It seems to be about money now so i'm sure the rule makers will decide whats right and wrong and who stays and who go's.

Would be nice to see North Melbourne get the second spot.biggrin.png

I think going national was fine, I agree about the game not better now, once a hiding was a 10 goal loss now theses days a15 to 20 goal blow out is common, Chanel 7 suck big time, Telstra will keep on forcing expats to view on there tablets, Foxtel continue to dominate coverage, the AFL prefer you to watch from home etc etc....

Boring boring boring....but I'm in the prelim in fantasy....yaaaaa

So whats the go Alex,

Rip and i play and the winner plays you next week in the prelimarly.

Gutted,i lost parker and masten this week.

I expected you to roll chooks....what happened?....................The go is you wont beat me....hehehe

ps....can i still change a couple of players this week even im not playing?

• Like 1

What a bummer, Port beat the Hawks and I could not watch it.

Problem accessing Watchafl ,all I get when I try to access is a message stating Disallowed Key Characters.

Any body have a clue what the problem may be?

Not sure Ozzy,maybe site was busy when you tried to log on,i keep logged in all the time.

Great win by Port,took everything the hawks throwed at them.

• Like 2

What a bummer, Port beat the Hawks and I could not watch it.

Problem accessing Watchafl ,all I get when I try to access is a message stating Disallowed Key Characters.

Any body have a clue what the problem may be?

No clue but I had the same. sad.png

Just a thought, are you using Windows 10 ? Changed to that early in the week and thought that could be the problem.

Just checked this morning and it seems to be ok now.

Edited by Ron19
  • Like 1

Gang

Is Hodge in trouble for this?

To me, it looked like he was pissed off at the free kick being given against him

and decided to make a statement. I don't mind Hodgey but I reckon he should be in real trouble here.

The ball was virtually dead, and didn't really need to do anything apart from jockey Wingard over the line.

If they uses the "potential to cause serious injury", I can see this one going straight to the truibunal.

Thoughts?

• Like 2

Hodge deserves 6 for that,could of be fatal.

I'm all for the shirtfront but what he did was sickening.

I wonder what the AFL ceo has to say about it,he's had plenty else to say in the last half of the season.

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 2

Hodge deserves 6 for that,could of be fatal.

I'm all for the shirtfront but what he did was sickening.

I wonder what the AFL ceo has to say about it,he's had plenty else to say in the last half of the season.

Are we talking about the 1st incident or the 2nd. In my view, the 1st was nothing just pushing his opponent who was blocking access to the ball.The 2nd one was a different story and I would be surprised if it wasn't more than 6 weeks.

yeah, that was awful.

Im fearing Hodge will be given 2 weeks only based on recent MRp decisons

• Like 2

Gang

Is Hodge in trouble for this?

To me, it looked like he was pissed off at the free kick being given against him

and decided to make a statement. I don't mind Hodgey but I reckon he should be in real trouble here.

The ball was virtually dead, and didn't really need to do anything apart from jockey Wingard over the line.

If they uses the "potential to cause serious injury", I can see this one going straight to the truibunal.

Thoughts?

Too fast for any conscious malicious intent in my view.

The padding on the point post deserves a mention. very effective. Seems Wingard got a good look at the goal posts while he lay in his back.

All tipsters got cleaned bowled last night. sad.png

Today could turn up a 5 points for some,, and less for some others. smile.png

• Like 1

I have changed to GWS.

Sydney missing Parker, Mitchell, Rohan, Mcglynn, Buddy, Tippet... Oh sorry, Tippet is physically there.

ANyway...after watching recently, I'll have to go against my heart and back the Giants

Swans up by 62 points at 3/4 time. The heart will be pleased.

• Like 1

I have changed to GWS.

Sydney missing Parker, Mitchell, Rohan, Mcglynn, Buddy, Tippet... Oh sorry, Tippet is physically there.

ANyway...after watching recently, I'll have to go against my heart and back the Giants

Swans up by 62 points at 3/4 time. The heart will be pleased.

hhahah.laugh.png

What a lousy call by myself!! laugh.pnglaugh.png

Tippet finally comes good and kicks 5 or so...new boy Rose kicks a few in the last quarter in his first game coming off the Sub bench..

Sydney might win a final yet gigglem.gif

having said that...GWS did make Sydney look good.

• Like 1