Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Gang

Just read on the AFL website that Dustin Martin is being investigated for an offensive gesture he made to the Collingwood cheer squad.

I think the crap given by some supporters deserves it, but I reckon the players have to be better than that.

Which brings me to my point.

Why is it that Martin is being Investigated when Lewis Jetta wasn't?

Am I missing something here or are we being too PC?

"Jetta angered a small section of the 38,760 Domain Stadium crowd when he celebrated a fourth-quarter goal with the Indigenous war cry dance. As part of the routine,

Jetta threw an imaginary spear at the crowd in an aggressive manner."

post-69328-0-54428900-1440413444_thumb.j

post-69328-0-07373500-1440413485_thumb.p

• Like 1

Fyfe cleared. Hodge given 3 down to 2.

Seems you become a protected species when you're a Brownlow favorite...

I think its more the bosses of the afl want to see all the stars playing finals football, regardless of if there fair as long as there the best.

Gang

Just read on the AFL website that Dustin Martin is being investigated for an offensive gesture he made to the Collingwood cheer squad.

I think the crap given by some supporters deserves it, but I reckon the players have to be better than that.

"Jetta angered a small section of the 38,760 Domain Stadium crowd when he celebrated a fourth-quarter goal with the Indigenous war cry dance. As part of the routine,

Should of that lady with the red hair been kicked out for giving him one backbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

I think we all know why and i'll leave it at that.

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 1

Gang

You beat me to it

• Like 2

Gang

You beat me to it

Settle down fellas...it isn't a conspiracy.

Had Dustin pointed his finger and made an inane face it wouldn't be investigated.

It was because he did the two finger 'up yours'. Like the one finger 'F.u*k you' it is a universally recognized offensive gesture.

I haven't seen the footage but the photo, if representative, shows Dusty merely responding in jesting kind. No big deal. Should have been let go, with a quiet word in his ear.

• Like 2

Who ate all the pies? Sales at the footy double

The AFL has not only been able to stem a decline in crowd numbers, it also appears to have made spectators hungrier.

Sales of pies at the footy have doubled in the past four months after the MCG and Etihad Stadium slashed the price of food and drinks to levels not seen in more than a decade.

The maker of Four'N Twenty pies, Patties Foods, praised the AFL-led initiative, saying its sales at the two venues had surged up to 100 per cent.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/who-ate-all-the-pies-sales-at-the-footy-double-20150824-gj6irw.html

• Like 2

Gang

He is only indicating that he had kicked his 2nd goal for the game.

• Like 2

Gang

He is only indicating that he had kicked his 2nd goal for the game.

Or that he now has 2 more tattoos than Dane Swan

• Like 2

The AFL has not only been able to stem a decline in crowd numbers, it also appears to have made spectators hungrier.

Sales of pies at the footy have doubled in the past four months after the MCG and Etihad Stadium slashed the price of food and drinks to levels not seen in more than a decade.

The maker of Four'N Twenty pies, Patties Foods, praised the AFL-led initiative, saying its sales at the two venues had surged up to 100 per cent.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/who-ate-all-the-pies-sales-at-the-footy-double-20150824-gj6irw.html

Wish the AFL would sell $2 buckets of hot chips at the games. $5.70 for about the amount of chips you would get from one normal potato is a rip.. but it won't stop me buying them.

I wonder if Four & Twenty will have to change the name of their pies to satisfy the PC whingers?

• Like 1

I've got a rough Idea where they've gonebiggrin.png

clap2.gif

Good to see West Coast poached another Collingwood cheer squad leader.

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

Gang

You beat me to it

Had Dustin pointed his finger and made an inane face it wouldn't be investigated.

It was because he did the two finger 'up yours'. Like the one finger 'F.u*k you' it is a universally recognized offensive gesture.

I haven't seen the footage but the photo, if representative, shows Dusty merely responding in jesting kind. No big deal. Should have been let go, with a quiet word in his ear.

Yeah I've had a pretty good look at it, the crowd behavior (despite being typical of Collingwood) was much more offensive (in terms of being part of the PC-wouldn't-see-that-in-the-MCC-members-stand brigade)

Totally different to Lewis Jetta's imaginary spear... And if you're offended by that you can get the <deleted> out...

Gang

Yeah I've had a pretty good look at it, the crowd behavior (despite being typical of Collingwood) was much more offensive (in terms of being part of the PC-wouldn't-see-that-in-the-MCC-members-stand brigade)

Totally different to Lewis Jetta's imaginary spear... And if you're offended by that you can get the <deleted> out...

I'll have to agree to disagree with you Mr Smith.

I wasn't offended by Lewis's actions, but then again, I wasn't in the crowd where it was directed at.

Any way you look at it, it was an aggressive gesture towards people in the crowd.

It wasn't like when Goodsey first did it in the Indigenous round as a celebration.

This was an act by someone whose mate was copping stick from the crowd and he didn't like it.

It's definitely one rule for one and another for others.

• Like 1

I wasn't offended by Lewis's actions, but then again, I wasn't in the crowd where it was directed at.

Any way you look at it, it was an aggressive gesture towards people in the crowd.

It wasn't like when Goodsey first did it in the Indigenous round as a celebration.

This was an act by someone whose mate was copping stick from the crowd and he didn't like it.

Yes, we will have to agree to disagree on this one Khun Will...

Giving a <insert a number between 1 or 2> fingered salute involving the the middle and/or index finger is an universally accepted action intended to offend or display displeasure in an aggressive manner.

If Jetta had done the same thing as Martin and didn't cop a spray for it, sure, you could use the "one rule for one and another for others" theory. Apples & Oranges etc...

Would these same people who were so 'offended' by Jetta's action be equally offended when an American footballer who scores a touch down, celebrates said touch down by using the ball as an imaginary grenade and proceeds to 'pull the pin'?

If so, the world's a &lt;deleted&gt; shitty place to live!

Yes, we will have to agree to disagree on this one Khun Will...

Giving a <insert a number between 1 or 2> fingered salute involving the the middle and/or index finger is an universally accepted action intended to offend or display displeasure in an aggressive manner.

If Jetta had done the same thing as Martin and didn't cop a spray for it, sure, you could use the "one rule for one and another for others" theory. Apples & Oranges etc...

Would these same people who were so 'offended' by Jetta's action be equally offended when an American footballer who scores a touch down, celebrates said touch down by using the ball as an imaginary grenade and proceeds to 'pull the pin'?

If so, the world's a <deleted> shitty place to live!

What Jetta did, was aggressive and confrontational towards the crowd.

I don't even think that's in dispute.

Just because that action is not universal, it doesn't mean it wasn't meant to offend.

A white player would've received a "please explain" letter I'm sure of it.

Anyway, I'll move on.

I remember having to pay car repairs to a bonnet oncebiggrin.png ,a scuffle on the boundary line went over and as i was trying to throw a couple my elbows were rebounding off the bonnet.

Arrh the good old days.

It was a Holden Statesmen Deville.facepalm.gif

I forgot to mention he had similarities to Goodes and Jetta.

Black hair,black eyes,black nose and arms and legs but i didn't touch his arms and legs.

Neither him or i cried wolf about it,we had a beer after the game.tongue.png

Its the way it was.

• Like 1

I remember having to pay car repairs to a bonnet oncebiggrin.png ,a scuffle on the boundary line went over and as i was trying to throw a couple my elbows were rebounding off the bonnet.

Arrh the good old days.

It was a Holden Statesmen Deville.facepalm.gif

Now you're talking.

I had the Statesmen Caprice V8.

• Like 1

Brendan Bolton has been announced as Carlton's coach for 2016. He was assistant coach at Hawthorn.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=9022484

What the &lt;deleted&gt;..k? BB is not on contract... he is on 'staff'.

I would be VERY interested to know if any other candidate turned it down because of that stipulation

Anyway...that aside, it's a decent choice.

Asperger Boy or BB has a lot of energy and ideas and players like him. Comes from a winning culture. All good

• Like 1

Brendan Bolton has been announced as Carlton's coach for 2016. He was assistant coach at Hawthorn.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=9022484

What the <deleted>..k? BB is not on contract... he is on 'staff'.

I would be VERY interested to know if any other candidate turned it down because of that stipulation

Anyway...that aside, it's a decent choice.

Asperger Boy or BB has a lot of energy and ideas and players like him. Comes from a winning culture. All good

laugh.png

Guys

What are your thoughts on this?

Ryan Crowley will be available for selection I think in the 2nd week of the finals.

I remember a lot of critics saying Freo were a lot better/more attacking without him in the side.

Now with Freo looking a bit fragile, he would be my first pick. If he was playing against North

for example, he could've done a lock down job on Boomer.

I still reckon there's a place for a quality tagger.

What do you think?

Statesman De Ville. NIce motor,

But you didn't park it downwind of the left pocket at the Sunday afternoon country footy.

a27765b6-b590-4ca7-9ca9-c09c97dfa110-atl

I am surprised you could put a ding in that bonnet!

Nice car but the one i got had a bit more round shape at the front.

That would of dislocated an elbow for sure.laugh.png

• Like 1

Guys

Ryan Crowley will be available for selection I think in the 2nd week of the finals.

I remember a lot of critics saying Freo were a lot better/more attacking without him in the side.

Now with Freo looking a bit fragile, he would be my first pick. If he was playing against North

What do you think?

The biggest downside will be no match fitness.

• Like 2

Guys

What do you think?

Def is a place for a quality tagger, and I think freo could use him.

But... I would not play him. A year since playing? I know he has been training, but it isn't the same. It would be a risk, and in a major game

• Like 2

Guys

What do you think?

Def is a place for a quality tagger, and I think freo could use him.

But... I would not play him. A year since playing? I know he has been training, but it isn't the same. It would be a risk, and in a major game

Good point ripstanley.

Would be interesting to see what Ron19 thinks.

It would be a massive punt but I'd play him.

Freo are struggling and Crowley could do a job.

Freo have a few passengers at the minute and he could replace one of those.

Didn't Lyon bring Steven Baker into a GF after being out for 16 weeks?

• Like 1