Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Wayne Carey's All Australian team.

Some interesting selections here. KhunWill, you will be rapt to know your buddy Dustin Martin is in there too

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/wayne-carey-my-allaustralian-team-20150903-gje8qy.html

Ruck: Todd Goldstein (North Melbourne) – Has been the most outstanding ruckman in the competition. Has not only matched the other best tap ruckmen, but also won plenty of his own possessions. The sole ruckman in the team.

Ruck rover: Nat Fyfe (Fremantle) - An All-Australian last year and one of only a few to have backed up his 2014 form. His first half to 2015 was as good as any, ranking alongside Ablett's first half of 2014. Has been the standout player in the competition.

Rover: Daniel Hannebery (Sydney) – Absolutely brilliant in a year in which the Swans have had their poor patches. Has taken his game to a whole new level.

Wing: Patrick Dangerfield (Adelaide) – After three solid years of football, he has been outstanding this season. Easily his most consistent football and that's why his signature will be one of the most sought-after at season's end.

Centre: Matt Priddis (West Coast) – Last year's Brownlow winner who is in better form this year. Should be an automatic selection.

Wing: Andrew Gaff (West Coast) - Has been outstanding. Just a freak runner who is one of the biggest accumulators in the competition. Seems to get possessions at will.

Half-forward flank: Chad Wingard (Port Adelaide) – Has kicked as many goals as any forward in the league in the second half of the year. Although Port haven't been at their best, he has had his best season.

Centre half-forward: Tex Walker (Adelaide) – Started the year really well and despite tough, unforeseen, circumstances, has further developed into one of the game's great forwards and best leaders. He is ranked second for scoreboard impact in the AFL.

Half-forward flank: Dustin Martin (Richmond) – One of the reasons the Tigers are travelling so well. He just doesn't get beaten in one-on-one contests. Is second in the competition for kicks.

Forward pocket: Jake Stringer (Western Bulldogs) – Has kicked three or more goals in nine games, which is phenomenal. Has shown he can play anywhere. Powerful athlete. Deserves a spot.

Full-forward: Josh Kennedy (West Coast) – His numbers tell the story. The AFL's leading goalkicker and also ranked No.1 for score impact.

Forward pocket: Eddie Betts (Adelaide) – Ranked No.3 for scoreboard impact, despite having played one fewer game than other players.

Back pocket: Easton Wood (Western Bulldogs) – Leads the competition in intercept marks (69 to date) and really has been a revelation. He clearly reads the ball well and is a big reason why the Bulldogs are where they are.

Fullback: Alex Rance (Richmond) - Another who should go back-to-back in the official team. He's been just as good as last year, if not better. Probably only been beaten three times this year, which says a lot considering the guys he plays on.

Back pocket: Heath Shaw (Greater Western Sydney) – He may be a Collingwood premiership player, but he's easily enjoyed the best year of his career, leading the competition in kicks. He's one of the reasons the Giants are knocking on the door.

Half-back flank: Bob Murphy (Western Bulldogs) – One of the elder statesmen of the team who has enjoyed a career-best year. Superb in the way he has led his young side.

Centre half-back: Michael Hurley (Essendon) – With his team under fire for much of the year, he has been one of the few Bombers who has stood up, consistently.

Half-back flank: Luke Hodge (Hawthorn): He has missed five games through suspension and almost played in every position, but this is where he does the most damage.

Interchange:

David Mundy (Fremantle) – One of the unsung heroes at the Dockers who has been ultra consistent.

Cyril Rioli (Hawthorn) – Has had the best season of his career. Easily the best 10-15 possession player I have ever seen.

Sam Mitchell (Hawthorn) – Continues to rack up possessions and be the best decision maker and ball getter in a powerful outfit.

Josh Kennedy (Sydney) – Backed up his 2014 and has been another consistent performer in the middle of ground.

Captain: Tex Walker (Adelaide) – There are three in the side who captain their respective sides (Hodge, Murphy and Walker), but given the circumstances of what Adelaide went through in the wake of Phil Walsh's death, I gave Walker the nod. It must have taken an enormous toll on the team and on Walker in his first year in the role. He won enormous respect for the way he led the team in the aftermath of that tragedy.

Coach: Luke Beveridge (Western Bulldogs) – Although we know that the All-Australian coach is usually the premiership coach, I'm nominating Beveridge for instilling belief and hope among the Dogs. The club lost last year's best and fairest winner, its CEO, coach and captain, but Beveridge has come in and has the Dogs dreaming of September glories.

* Notable absentees: Robbie Gray (Port Adelaide), Scot Pendlebury (Collingwood), Jeremy Cameron (GWS), Luke Dahlhaus (Western Bulldogs), Jack Riewoldt (Richmond).

• Like 1

Majak Daw with a Speccy mark in the middle of the ground!. Wheels around and takes off, bounces, kicks from outside 50, goal!

You would have wanted to catch it the first time 'cos there was no replay... Cameras had to swing to the crowd and get a glimpse of hugh jackman

• Like 2

Half time and giving them a run for the money.biggrin.png

sad.png Majak went looking for pies at half time and took half the team help carry them to his mum.

It showed to me the young fellas dont quite have the nowse just yet.

I hope Turner is alright,knocked out with an elbow before he hit the ground.

Zeibel and Bastinacand Gibson are spent.

Actually quite embarrassed to see the rested players on their phones instead of watching the game.

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 2

Half time and giving them a run for the money.biggrin.png

sad.png Majak went looking for pies at half time and took half the team help carry them to his mum.

It showed to me the young fellas dont quite have the nowse just yet.

I hope Turner is alright,knocked out with an elbow before he hit the ground.

Zeibel and Bastinacand Gibson are spent.

Actually quite embarrassed to see the rested players on their phones instead of watching the game.

They were messaging majak with their pie orders

• Like 2

Luke Hodge caught Drink driving.

Jesus.. he is on AFL friday night footy now doing a spin piece for himself

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-04/hawks-skipper-luke-hodge-caught-drinkdriving

I thought most clubs had a rule that if you aren't playing due to injury or suspension,

you're not allowed to drink.

Unless you're a great bloke like Hodgey I guessrolleyes.gif

Where do you find the time to chat up all your Thai gf's my bookman?

Barely enough time in the day to manage them all mate...

I've heard that BookMan has so many interested ladies that he had to put a boy on just

to deal with all of the requeststongue.png

• Like 1

I've heard that BookMan has so many interested ladies that he had to put a boy on just

to deal with all of the requeststongue.png

Chimpy does a lot of the messaging work for me.

Not sure what he says but he gets a lot of them very excited and I can enjoy watching the games.

I have sent him out on a few of the dates also...but that's a story for another day

• Like 2

AlexRRR's love child Jack Watts dropped.

Maybe they're resting him againbiggrin.png

Teams: Demons drop Jack Watts for Giants clash

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-04/teams-demons-drop-jack-watts-for-giants-clash

I've watched a couple of those Sunday debacles and watts was the second best player for us in one of them ....Nathan jones can't get a kick last 4 games and I've wanted to replace him in my fantasy team for a while, going by fantasy % watts has improved to somewhere around to 75 while jones has dropped from high 90's to mid 50's now I ask you how do the brains trust work at Dee land?

AlexRRR's love child Jack Watts dropped.

Maybe they're resting him againbiggrin.png

Teams: Demons drop Jack Watts for Giants clash

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-04/teams-demons-drop-jack-watts-for-giants-clash

Odd message to send....Dropping him last game of the year... He will be off to Japan to meet up with alex and enjoy some saki

I'd say he's on the trade table....or more specifically he's put him self on it.

It is strange indeed, my view is where we are on the ladder next to no one is worth keeping because there not earning the mulah as it is....yet watts has improved since self imposed exile.

• Like 1

Dam shame football and work get in the way hey?

But isn't the quality good?

I've got to be a good boy, it's easy to get caught up with carnal desires, must say I did have the best time when I lived here for a year....

By the way in in BKK now will....but heading to Phillipines alone next week for a week, current TGF will be back in her office creating ways for people to spend there money so jack will need to meet me in Manila Monday week.

• Like 1

Contract status and trade rumours

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-04/trade-whispers-leuenberger-smith-in-giants-sights

I'm not feeling confident that jetta will be staying at Sydney. I think he would be okay down back, taking on the role Shaw had been doing running off centre half back.

Would you swap Jetta for Scott Lycett?

Where do you place Jetta at the Swans?

Would he be in your top half a dozen?

• Like 1

Were swapping our Jetta with Swans Jetta....feel better now?

And it's neck and neck in the Fantasy final....gripping stuff, I know your allllll soooooo interested, I need Collingwood to have a rather bad day and the Dees to shine like a 45 degree Melbourne mid February day tomorrow guys to pull it off.

Contract status and trade rumours

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-04/trade-whispers-leuenberger-smith-in-giants-sights

I'm not feeling confident that jetta will be staying at Sydney. I think he would be okay down back, taking on the role Shaw had been doing running off centre half back.

Would you swap Jetta for Scott Lycett?

Where do you place Jetta at the Swans?

Would he be in your top half a dozen?

Good question KhunWill.

I rank Jetta highly. So difficult to pick a top 6 at the best of times, but he would be around 5-8 I reckon. Ge did a couple of scintillating kicks last night, and his ability to break the line quickly and kick long can open up a game. That's why I think he could be good running off half back

Ideally, if Sydney lose Jetta, which looks increasingly likely, we need a key position defender or a ruckman. So Lycett would fit the ruck bilI don't know a lot about Lycett, but if he can ruck , we can use him, Lycett is only 22 though, sooooo....we do have a couple of young players developing for the ruck, but he could be a decent trade if jetta is determined to go.

Lycett seems surplus to requirements at the Eagles and Jetta would add some electric running to West coast.

Sydney has a problem with its trade restrictions this year. It can only get players for under $350k? or some stupid amount. jetta would be $700kish on the market?

Perhaps handsome man GrantSmith or Ripstanley have some thoughts on the Jetta matter?.

• Like 1

And I like your Jetta....don't want ours....

Yeah, I don't like your jetta much either...5555

jack Watts wouldn't have much currency you would reckon. Sydney could probably afford him in trade week.

How much do you reckon Jack Watts earns per season?