UK parliament very likely to consider new Brexit referendum - Hammond

snoop1130

4 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

So you think another referendum should only give the option to accept the eu/may brino deal, and if that brino deal is rejected by the electorate we automatically remain?

You can have only 1 option, of course: remain. 

45 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The May deal is an EU deal. We need a good deal for all sides. Then there can be consensus. Amen.

Ok, make it two options:

- remain 

- impasse forever 

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

So what happens if neither Leave or Remain get the super majority?

1   Does the UK then revert to the original referendum result?

2   Go back to TMs plan that has already been rejected?

3   Automatically leave on a no deal?

4 or more ?????

The Government Office working on the "NO Deal" scenario was shut down a couple of days ago ....I have no idea why when if we can't agree a deal what is the other option besides another referendum?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jesimps said:

The only people who want another referendum are sore-loser remainers. How about we have a rerun of last years cup final, I didn't support the winners. The boat race as well. Or how about a rerun of the last general election? Or the world cup final? All Hamilton's grand prix wins, I think Vettel should've been champion driver. 

Sound ridiculous? Well that's how remainers screaming for a second referendum sound to the people who won the democratic vote three years ago. If the government were to carry out the democratic will of the majority of the people there wouldn't be any Brexit problem.

If there is a second referendum and the remain side win, do you honestly think that people won't start demanding a third vote? It could go on forever. That's why it was stated at the time of the referendum that it would be a once only vote and the choice was leave or remain. Leave won in case you didn't notice.

Hard Brexit didn't win though.

22 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

The Government Office working on the "NO Deal" scenario was shut down a couple of days ago ....I have no idea why when if we can't agree a deal what is the other option besides another referendum?

I'm hoping for a No-Drivel deal.

23 minutes ago, jesimps said:

The only people who want another referendum are sore-loser remainers. 

Wrong. I wanted to leave now I don’t with the sort of compromise they are cooking up. 

Next.........

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kiwiken said:

There is always a third alternative to a referendum "Civil War" Good for the soul and clears the air for generations

The spoonies would love it because they have nothing to lose anyways. 

17 minutes ago, rocketman777 said:

Revoking Article 50 should not be put on a ballot as the original referendum voted to leave with a 17.5 million majority and is binding.

No, it isn’t. 

17 hours ago, Basil B said:

According to the TVF Brexiteers they are 17.4 million and do not have to get out of bed to protest, sign petitions, march, etc.

But they should check they have not died in there sleep. ????

Pathetic.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, rocketman777 said:

If there were to be a 2nd Referendum the questions should be:

A  Leave the EU with Mays Deal

B  Leave the EU under World trade rules.

If so, how do you propose to remain committed to the GFA, maintain a border, probably be forced to agree tarrif-free trade WTO, thus losing any competetive advantage with other countries on leaving the EU, and the disadvantage to our agri-food and farming sector competing in the EU CAP subsidised sector?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Precisely, the time was supposed to be spent on preparing for the possibiltity of no deal as well as giving time for the brit. govt. to accept the eu/may deal.....

It's now even more obvious that our govt. has absolutely no intention of supporting the leave referendum result.

Hopefully, they'll pay the price at the next GE.

Mrs May's deal did support the referendum result , it was scuppered by conservatives who refused to accept reality and a labour party who had no intention of accepting Brexit at all.

So exactly who do you think will get punished ?

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

I fail to see how a second referendum  solves the problem , whatever the result the country will still be divided.

I predict the country will vote overwhelmingly to remain now the catastrophe that it is is clear to the public .

• Haha 1