UK parliament very likely to consider new Brexit referendum - Hammond

snoop1130

Britain could be only months from becoming a fully paid up fascist state.
The civil and economic unrest brought about by Brexit will enable the government to introduce all sorts of draconian measures impinging on civil rights.
In true Nazi style certain groups within the population will be singled out for repression. Blame will be attributed  to mysterious foreign forces (trade), the EU and remainers....vigilantes will roam the streets.
The internet and media will, be brazenly used to influence, manipulate and monitor the population. If you think it is already, just wait till restrictions are lifted.
The police will militarized and drones will hover around the streets...all in the name of keeping the peace...

Remember Hitler didn't immediately go to war, it took a few years and a referendum to organise that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

No I don't; but if I find my car hurtling towards a disaster, I hope I would try my damned best to avoid it .... and all those Scots you mention were from our United Kingdom?!
Perhaps unknown to yourself..there are many many Royalists and Unionists in scotland..although the vast majority live in the central belt..Glasgow and surrounding areas and ayrshire.
Thankfully many of the aforementioned Royalist/Unionists are very savvy business people who employ many many people.
The snp camp followers have already and will again have their " wings clipped " if they " try it on ".

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Spidey said:

Are you suggesting that I'm a grass? Ironic that I've just had a week's holiday due to some butt hurt Brexiteer.

Trust me, you ain't worth my time.

You said you were in the UK. I could have said the same for my latest "holiday".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

You said you were in the UK. I could have said the same for my latest "holiday".

Did I not answer your question with "a bit of both"?

Admittedly my TVF holiday was great timing.

3 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Perhaps unknown to yourself..there are many many Royalists and Unionists in scotland..although the vast majority live in the central belt..Glasgow and surrounding areas and ayrshire.
Thankfully many of the aforementioned Royalist/Unionists are very savvy business people who employ many many people.
The snp camp followers have already and will again have their " wings clipped " if they " try it on ".

Savvy ???? ive heard it all now

• Like 1

6 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Sandy f...you are oh so wrong..do you honestly think all the teenagers who no doubt voted " remain " have any idea of the ultimate aim of the corrupt fraudulent eu???
Perhaps and hopefully sooner rather than later they will realise the folly of their voting re Brexit.
My fervent hope is that the UK and all UK citizens will enjoy and prosper being free of the eu " shackles " in time to come.
Imo..next months mep's election will open a lot of eyes in the UK..as no doubt they will see and read about the reasons why..the afD..the french rally..and other eurosceptic parties from eu countries make spectacular gains.
Hopefully the '' empire " that the likes of the infamous jean monnet etc wanted will rapidly crumble.

When constructive argument fails fall back on the brexiteer propaganda.

" the ultimate aim of the corrupt fraudulent eu???"

Bit ironic that the democratic leavers are killing off democracy.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/sarah-wollaston-brexit-erg-abuse-politicians-a8856961.html

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

In the Scottish referendum those who voted to remain within the UK won their referendum by 55.3% against 44.7%.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Scottish_independence_referendum

Scottish independence referendum
Should Scotland be an independent country?
Location Scotland
Date 18 September 2014
Results
  Votes %
14px-Yes_check.svg.png Yes 1,617,989 44.70%
14px-X_mark.svg.png No 2,001,926 55.30%
Valid votes 3,619,915 99.91%
Invalid or blank votes 3,429 0.09%
Total votes 3,623,344 100.00%
Registered voters/turnout 4,283,392 84.59%

Results are not always as straightforward as people seem to think. The Scottish government published a 650 page white paper and many that voted NO were voting against Alex Salmond's ludicrous proposals rather than against independence. Had I been there at the time I would have voted against the white paper, that does not mean I would not support a more feasible plan for independence.

Circumstances have changed and the Scots have every right to put another plan forward, after all, TM is about to ask the same question for a 4th time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Yes, I have heard of a stewards inquiry, I've also heard of athletes returning their medals.  Have you ever heard of a referendum and how it works where people cast their vote whichever way they want, with no qualification attached to it and with no demand for those votes to be seen as "correct" by others ?  There is a million miles between your meaningless correlation and reality.

Easy to ignore 'beyond reasonable doubt' when it suits.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Results are not always as straightforward as people seem to think. The Scottish government published a 650 page white paper and many that voted NO were voting against Alex Salmond's ludicrous proposals rather than against independence. Had I been there at the time I would have voted against the white paper, that does not mean I would not support a more feasible plan for independence.

Circumstances have changed and the Scots have every right to put another plan forward, after all, TM is about to ask the same question for a 4th time.

I have lost most of my faith in politicians North, South, East, West and further abroad.

The UK referendum was a "once in a lifetime".

IMHO at the next general election in the UK there will be a settling of scores between the people who vote and the people that they elect to represent them. 

Scotland's referendum was a "once in a generation opportunity”.

I have no idea if Scotland will get a second referendum but Nicola Sturgeon is stoking the boiler fires and truly wants to be independent.

Now the politicians are saying, we didn't really mean it literally.

In the USA the winner was not the one with the most votes.

November 2020 will be interesting to see if Trump stays on or is dumped.

There is nothing I can say about Thailand's farce of an election except that after nearly 5 years of a military, 5 years of no elections, a rewritten constitution they still couldn't get it right.

There is still nothing I can say about Thailand other than how sad I am that they have got to this stage.

• Like 2

I have lost most of my faith in politicians North, South, East, West and further abroad.

IMHO at the next general election in the UK there will be a settling of scores between the people who vote and the people that they elect to represent them. 

I have no idea if Scotland will get a second referendum but Nicola Sturgeon is stoking the boiler fires and truly wants to be independent.

There is nothing I can say about Thailand's farce of an election except that after nearly 5 years of a military, 5 years of no elections, a rewritten constitution they still couldn't get it right.

There is still nothing I can say about Thailand other than how sad I am that they have got to this stage.

Trump is a sure thing..sturg face..a politician who feeds her brain dead dummies ' raw meat '...previous job..a " lawyer"..

Says it all imo[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Challenge me...I am a Royalist and a Unionist

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, malagateddy said:

I also had to suffer a once again imo..an English hating snp administration running the show in scotland from 2007.
It's my honest belief that without the very strong Royalist and Unionist " presence " in scotland..the republicans would do exactly what they want.

Teddy, the SNP is not English hating - or after 12 years in office, you surely have mountains of evidence to prove otherwise?

The hatred you seem happy to overlook, however, comes from the Royalist/Unionist minority with their pathetic marching bands of bigotry. The are not supporting Scotland - they are shaming us. They are a truly nauseating people, a nasty, odious plague on our country. When they are ultimately consigned to the history books, we will look back on them with the revulsion they deserve.

vile trashy people.jpg

16 hours ago, billd766 said:

I don't think that there can be any dispute Bill, whichever side of the fence you are on, the best days are well and truly in the rear view mirror.

• Like 2