Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

52 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sooooo, where did the laws of Nature come from? Just magic was it? Just happened out of nothing?

What makes an animal or a tree alive? A magical spark from out of nothing perhaps.

Ask yourself what existed before the universe came to be. Nothing, right, so how did the universe appear? Was Harry Potter wandering around waving his wand- oh, that would make him God though.

Perhaps you can explain how the universe came out of nothing, if it wasn't God.

So, where was this god hiding prior to the supposed big bang? Nothing can come come from nothing, that is a fact. Or can it?

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sooooo, where did the laws of Nature come from? Just magic was it? Just happened out of nothing?

What makes an animal or a tree alive? A magical spark from out of nothing perhaps.

Ask yourself what existed before the universe came to be. Nothing, right, so how did the universe appear? Was Harry Potter wandering around waving his wand- oh, that would make him God though.

Perhaps you can explain how the universe came out of nothing, if it wasn't God.

How long ago was it when the world was 'created'.. according to that fantasy book the bible, written by man ?

the world is Billions of years old  how could any human know how it was created ? 

'Coz someone whispered in one's ear. When anyone can explain where Cain begat a wife when only his mum and dad existed, I'd be interested to know. maybe the talking Asp can help.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

What God would allow the birth of Hitler to name just one evil bastard.  

The traditional response is.....'God moves in mysterious ways'.....like bone cancer in children....that is a really mysterious one.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

What God would allow the birth of Hitler to name just one evil bastard.  

....also, if there is a God.....why would he make me live in Isaan???

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

....also, if there is a God.....why would he make me live in Isaan???

I already live in heaven on Koh Chang, god must lub me too mut. Or is God trying to make amends for my mother dying of stomach cancer, in pain, who never smoked or drank alcohol aged 59, lived through WW2 in London and I was 27 when she died..  He can piss right off, I don't or never will forgive him of his sins. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

I already live in heaven on Koh Chang, god must lub me too mut. Or is God trying to make amends for my mother dying of stomach cancer, in pain, who never smoked or drank alcohol aged 59, lived through WW2 in London and I was 27 when she died..  He can piss right off, I don't or never will forgive him of his sins. 

Similar story....father served five years in the North Atlantic.during WWII, family man, worked hard all his life.......died the most horrific death at 58....cancer of the lung....cancer of the neck.....cancer of the oesophagus .....died vomiting blood and begging my mother for a knife to end it all...thanks God.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, rocketboy2 said:

What would you have done. if you had known what was to come.

hittler.PNG

If I was God ? got him and all his hard core followers, taken out as the Nazis came to power. 

51 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

And underaged for consensual sex. God the Pedo and Rapist. I'm surprised he didn't shag the donkey too.

Going by resent news,  there has been a bit of a revival by the Russians. on that front. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

You're going to hell....555

I don't believe in god, so there can't be a hell. ( at present )

Unless someone has some proof of it all, then I'm in. 

Believers in Faith, Pixies, and the supernatural, just cant come up with the goods.

Right, beer o'clock. :jap:

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, rocketboy2 said:

I don't believe in god, so there can't be a hell. ( at present )

Unless someone has some proof of it all, then I'm in. 

Believers in Faith, Pixies, and the supernatural, just cant come up with the goods.

Right, beer o'clock. :jap:

See you there....I suspect.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I find it almost funny when again something bad happens and then many people mention "thoughts and prayers".

So, you believe in a god who controls everything, and then god did something horrible and then you pray that things get better again. It's just plain stupid. 

How true!

I guess blind faith is a human trait.

That "hidden fear of the unknown" deep down in the human being, is taken maximum advantage by the so called religions.

I wish, at least if one god, out of all existing ones,  make this world a paradise from tomorrow!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Nemises said:

Koh Chang is indeed heaven - for a holiday of about 1 week duration. 

But living there forever more? Oh my God, never!  

Why ? no jet skis, clean beaches, no pollution, good food, ....Your God needs to take a better look at Thailand's 3 rd biggest Island,  very low crime rate....no floods to talk about, ........

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Nemises said:

Koh Chang is indeed heaven - for a holiday of about 1 week duration. 

But living there forever more? Oh my God, never!  

Koh Chang is heaven for me, hell would be places like Pattaya or Pooket. Or GOD forbid Isan.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Koh Chang is heaven for me, hell would be places like Pattaya or Pooket. Or GOD forbid Isan.

Isaan is a big country with diversity and many opportunities for a great life 8-9 months a year, the rest you can travel or as often you want and can afford. Moving to Thailand is all about not getting stuck 😉

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Great that you like permanently living the very quiet life on an island as small as Koh Chang. Many others do also, many don’t. 

Koh Chang will remain a holiday destination for me. Definitely a nice spot to getaway and relax at …but just for a week! Give me the city life over an island life, please GOD! 🙏 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, ravip said:

I wish, at least if one god, out of all existing ones,  make this world a paradise from tomorrow!

I imagine that would upset lots of other gods. They need the sinners. 😉 

• Haha 1

Nope.

I was raised a Catholic in the Netherlands in the 1960’s. In primary school, the pastor of a nearby church would come twice a week and I really enjoyed all the wonderful bible stories he told. He was very good at it.

But then when I was about 12 or 13 I started to come to the conclusion that that was all it was: just stories, fairy tales from 2000 years ago. I also started to ask myself why the world was such a huge mess if there really was a benevolent god who had the best intentions with humankind.

And then I started to get really annoyed with all those ‘holier-than-thy’ kind of people, who think they’re better than everyone else because of their religion, and try to force their religion and beliefs on others.

My father taught me two things when I was young. First thing: ‘do unto others as you would have them do unto you’. Second thing: ‘live and let live’. 
I am in no way a communist, but I think Karl Marx said it very well: ‘religion is the opium of the people’. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nemises said:

Great that you like permanently living the very quiet life on an island as small as Koh Chang. Many others do also, many don’t. 

Koh Chang will remain a holiday destination for me. Definitely a nice spot to getaway and relax at …but just for a week! Give me the city life over an island life, please GOD! 🙏 

Just proves you know nothing of Koh Chang, it is not as small as you may think. At least I don't need to get away to relax, that it like saying a your City life stresses you out. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

Isaan is a big country with diversity and many opportunities for a great life 8-9 months a year, the rest you can travel or as often you want and can afford. Moving to Thailand is all about not getting stuck 😉

Isaan is not a country. I have traveled Thailand from the North to the south overland, down through Malaysia, to Singapore-> Australia, NZ->China in the 80s and many other countries, I have found no better place to live, than KC. I've done my traveling thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Just proves you know nothing of Koh Chang, it is not as small as you may think. At least I don't need to get away to relax, that it like saying a your City life stresses you out. 

How wrong you are. I know Koh Chang very well and it's as boring as batsh!t after a week. 

Edited by Nemises
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1