Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

Ok, so your opinion is that i have an opinion

Yes.

I am aware of this.

We all express opinions here and own experiences.

Own experiences and that from others are always interesting to read.

Some may  encounter the same experience, some others different ones.

But no experience has more or less value than another ones experience.

The only value is the one which encounter it, wants to give it to.

Which mean it can be very exciting for the one who experienced it, and good so.

But rather common/insignificant for others.

It become dense and arrogant when one claim that his proper experiences are more essential/profound than those from other ones.

He is of course entitled to believe so, but when he intend to proclaim it publicly he may encounter, rightly, some negative reactions even mockery.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Yes.

I am aware of this.

We all express opinions here and own experiences.

Own experiences and that from others are always interesting to read.

Some may  encounter the same experience, some others different ones.

But no experience has more or less value than another ones experience.

The only value is the one which encounter it, wants to give it to.

Which mean it can be very exciting for the one who experienced it, and good so.

But rather common/insignificant for others.

It become dense and arrogant when one claim that his proper experiences are more essential/profound than those from other ones.

He is of course entitled to believe so, but when he intend to proclaim it publicly he may encounter, rightly, some negative reactions even mockery.

I agree, but, apart from saying that your opinion is as valid as other opinions, there is not much i have heard from you.

If you think that i am "dense and arrogant" so be it.

I image.png.7a93a450637883337764d54131279b92.png I am interested in the discussion, i am not interested in winning anything.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I agree, but, apart from saying that your opinion is as valid as other opinions, there is not much i have heard from you.

If you think that i am "dense and arrogant" so be it.

I image.png.7a93a450637883337764d54131279b92.png I am interested in the discussion, i am not interested in winning anything.

I believe that people who are not tolerant are dense and arrogant.

I wrote here many times that it is fine to be a believer and so encounter happiness, joy and whatever good stuff.

But that some can feel something equivalent without belief.

Of course I know what I feel, not what others do.

I don' t think that we can discuss feelings, these are proper to each individual.

What I will discuss is when someone claim his feelings are more intense/profound.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

What I will discuss is when someone claim his feelings are more intense/profound.

Well, i have done some work in studying spiritual science, but i never claim that my feelings are more intense and profound.

I also agree that feelings are not easy to discuss as we can discuss apples or cars.

What you say about the feelings, in fact, is clear evidence that everyone, apart from a physical body, has a soul, and we cannot find 2 souls which are remotely similar.

If we go deeper into it, i can say that the soul is fed "sensations" from the physical senses, and is fed "intuitions" from the Spirit.

I don't want to convince you that these simple observations are "the truth", but personally i find that this way of thinking makes easier for me to understand how nature works.

6 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

I don't want to convince you that these simple observations are "the truth",

but personally i find that this way of thinking makes easier for me to understand how nature works.

Thanks,

and good for you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunmaster said:

Of course I'm not suggesting divine guidance, but neither do I believe that their movements are guided by vision and reflexes alone. Come on....one bird would have to keep track of all the other birds and which one of them will decide where they go as a whole? You really have a high opinion of birds and their brain power.

442978512_ScreenShot2020-01-20at17_33_46.png.5aa0ffb957dffb4426cf27ffd4089518.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Intense feeling is chemical release in brain, and those who is deeply religious or inspired by some other force or power have a tendency to dismiss the fact! It is even proved science by many different methods as brain scanning and blood analyzis. 

Hovever the issue that should be discussed if some higher power release this punishment drug or aword drug such as dopamin. These chemicals is connected to our feeling of happiness attractions and guilt! 

11 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

What you say about the feelings, in fact, is clear evidence that everyone, apart from a physical body, has a soul, and we cannot find 2 souls which are remotely similar.

Please provide this so called "clear evidence". Found 1 astonishingly misleading and ridiculous article with an astonishingly misleading title in Psychology Today from 9 years ago, but nothing since. The title of the article gave zero proof of the false claim and IMO actually provided the opposite. Other than that quackery, please enlighten with this abundance of "clear evidence". Not by the simple beliefs of laypeople or general populace, but by actual scientists and experts in the related fields. If it's so "clear" and widely accepted, should be a snap for you to lavish upon us mere mortals, all this valid and accepted proof. :coffee1:

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Confused 1

"Murmuration"...The Fabulous Flight of Fancy: A Parody (of using personal experience as evidence and reality)

A long time ago in a Spiritual Realm far far away...

Eons ago...or was it just last night?...regardless, a long time before this crude container which encases my eternal soul, was formed...I was sleeping...or was I tripping?...either way, doesn't matter...had a vivid dream, which actually was a spiritual vision, where in "Starry" The Suprema Starling revealed to me all answers to the mystery of "Murmurations" (aka Swarm Intelligence). 

It's really simple she sang to me in Starling babble, but I understood completely! We just close our eyes and and tune in to the voices of Obiwan Woo-pecker and Master Dodo calmly saying...Use The Fantastic-Flying-Flock FORCE. 

So there it is...an indisputable personal experience which is irrefutable evidence 'cuz no one here can prove it wrong and it came directly from the Absolute Authority. Not my problem if you're unable tap into this bird-brained avian realm. Just try harder...study birds more...sleep on a feather pillow...flap your arms ALOT (this really helps!)

I have spoken. You're welcome.

The End ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

Most make up their own. The "spiritualists" all have their own versions which they can't explain, describe, nor even seem to understand themselves. Some are Christian fundamentalists, while the others cherry pick the nice stuff from the Bible and disregard, rationalize and ignore the awful to come up with their own versions...'cuz the thousands already available just wasn't quite enough! And they all loathe those whom disagree with them and have the audacity to ask for something as dreadful as a bit evidence. How dare you?!?!?

It's all really quite entertaining. :vampire:

On the other hand , you have given plenty of evidence of your ignorance and lack of comprehension, and apparently you are even proud of it.

Congratulations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

"Murmuration"...The Fabulous Flight of Fancy: A Parody (of using personal experience as evidence and reality)

A long time ago in a Spiritual Realm far far away...

Eons ago...or was it just last night?...regardless, a long time before this crude container which encases my eternal soul, was formed...I was sleeping...or was I tripping?...either way, doesn't matter...had a vivid dream, which actually was a spiritual vision, where in "Starry" The Suprema Starling revealed to me all answers to the mystery of "Murmurations" (aka Swarm Intelligence). 

It's really simple she sang to me in Starling babble, but I understood completely! We just close our eyes and and tune in to the voices of Obiwan Woo-pecker and Master Dodo calmly saying...Use The Fantastic-Flying-Flock FORCE. 

So there it is...an indisputable personal experience which is irrefutable evidence 'cuz no one here can prove it wrong and it came directly from the Absolute Authority. Not my problem if you're unable tap into this bird-brained avian realm. Just try harder...study birds more...sleep on a feather pillow...flap your arms ALOT (this really helps!)

I have spoken. You're welcome.

The End ????

I find it remarkable that you can find the time, the will and of course the creativity to string together 4 lengthy paragraphs, and at the same time skillfully keep them void of any real value. It's no easy feat I'm sure, but you have proven to have mastered this skill over and over again during the last 8 months. 

For this "perseverance of void", I must congratulate you. If nothing else, you're certainly consistent. ????????

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

So if you believe in God ,which one do you all believe in ,there are so many ?

Believers have all their own particular answers for that. 

Some agree between them, some don't. 

To each their own. 

Non believers in a "God" don't have to ask themselves that "complex" question. 

20 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Believers have all their own particular answers for that. 

Some agree between them, some don't. 

To each their own. 

Non believers in a "God" don't have to ask themselves that "complex" question. 

I'm sure many of today's non believers will be asking that very question when they're about to kick the bucket. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

So if you believe in God ,which one do you all believe in ,there are so many ?

The 3 main religions wit a monoistic god picture, have the same god, same family same orign. But jesus is the son of Christianity only. 

Hindues have god for every reason, and buddhism accept god as we speaking of one god. 

Then you have everyones who is spirualistic and have their own personal god, so I guess they would answer my god, simply means myself. God in my own picture. 

7 hours ago, Sunmaster said:

I'm sure many of today's non believers will be asking that very question when they're about to kick the bucket. 

That's make us different.

I never pretend to be sure about things I can only guess they may be the way I assume they can/will be.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sunmaster said:

I find it remarkable that you can find the time, the will and of course the creativity to string together 4 lengthy paragraphs, and at the same time skillfully keep them void of any real value. It's no easy feat I'm sure, but you have proven to have mastered this skill over and over again during the last 8 months. 

For this "perseverance of void", I must congratulate you. If nothing else, you're certainly consistent. ????????

Surprised you didn't care for it. Only did in a matter of minutes what you and others have been doing consistently for almost a year. Talk about consistency! ???? :thumbsup:

Just now, bert bloggs said:

I cant imagine the world carrying on without me in it ,we are our own Gods ,

To say that we are part of God and we all carry the divine spark, is not the same as claiming to be God.
Only a fool will say he's God, because it's his limited ego trying elevate him and make him appear special.
Only a man who practices self realization techniques to become one with God can truly say he IS God. But ironically, once he reaches that state, he will not make such claims.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 9:41 PM, mauGR1 said:

I suggest you refine your comprehension skills.

Where did i diminished nature and all the creatures ? Yes they are great.

On the other hand, you seem to think that humans are like animals. Which is obviously false.

A wise person once told me that the difference between animals and humans is that animals defecate wherever they please, and will do so all their lives, unless trained not to do so. Humans on the other hand while uncontrolled as a baby are capable of learning that it is not a good thing to poo in one's bed.

Whatever, the usual posters claiming that animals do something because of nature disregarding where nature came from in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2