Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

8 hours ago, Tagged said:

The 3 main religions wit a monoistic god picture, have the same god, same family same orign. But jesus is the son of Christianity only. 

Hindues have god for every reason, and buddhism accept god as we speaking of one god. 

Then you have everyones who is spirualistic and have their own personal god, so I guess they would answer my god, simply means myself. God in my own picture. 

I thought Buddhists don't believe in "God".

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I thought Buddhists don't believe in "God".

Then you should read more about Buddhism and acceptance of a god belief. 

A buddhist realise and accepteverything is under change, and changes, and do not deny there could be a god, they just do not find a proof of a god, or at least the Budda Siddartha Guatama did not. And there is no conflict about being a buddhist and believing in god. 

13 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

A wise person once told me that the difference between animals and humans is that animals defecate wherever they please, and will do so all their lives, unless trained not to do so. Humans on the other hand while uncontrolled as a baby are capable of learning that it is not a good thing to poo in one's bed.

Whatever, the usual posters claiming that animals do something because of nature disregarding where nature came from in the first place.

On a purely spiritual existence, animals can be regarded as little brothers.

We can learn a lot observing their behaviours.

Sometimes, intelligent animals can develop human qualities spending time with humans, and surely most of the extremely creative development of humans in various fields, has been based on observing animals' behaviours.

It's funny that some posters can deny an intelligent design just because the science is discovering some laws of the universe.

It should be obvious that science in no way disproves the intelligent design, but quite the opposite imho.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

A wise person once told me that the difference between animals and humans is that animals defecate wherever they please, and will do so all their lives, unless trained not to do so. Humans on the other hand while uncontrolled as a baby are capable of learning that it is not a good thing to poo in one's bed.

Cityboy? 

Never ever known how important a circle of life is for plants and animals? 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

On a purely spiritual existence, animals can be regarded as little brothers.

We can learn a lot observing their behaviours.

Sometimes, intelligent animals can develop human qualities spending time with humans, and surely most of the extremely creative development of humans in various fields, has been based on observing animals' behaviours.

It's funny that some posters can deny an intelligent design just because the science is discovering some laws of the universe.

It should be obvious that science in no way disproves the intelligent design, but quite the opposite imho.

Round and round we go. This has all be previously gone over, but let's try it again...

It's not just "some posters" that don't...more accurately put accept...ID pseudoscience due to the fact that there is zero evidence of it, while there is tons of indisputable evidence for evolution by natural selection. Just go to any Museum of Natural History. It's accepted the world over. The vast majority of scientists, schools, universities, scholars, etc refute ID and embrace evolution by natural selection. 

It's funny that some posters can accept pseudoscience over globally accepted science which has demonstrable evidence. Science, thus far anyway, hasn't found any reason to embrace ID because there isn't presently any reason to do so. Science has given ID a thorough "going over" and dismissed it.

We're all entitled to our own opinions, but facts remain facts whether one chooses to accept them or not. :coffee1:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Round and round we go. This has all be previously gone over, but let's try it again...

It's not just "some posters" that don't...more accurately put accept...ID pseudoscience due to the fact that there is zero evidence of it, while there is tons of indisputable evidence for evolution by natural selection. Just go to any Museum of Natural History. It's accepted the world over. The vast majority of scientists, schools, universities, scholars, etc refute ID and embrace evolution by natural selection. 

It's funny that some posters can accept pseudoscience over globally accepted science which has demonstrable evidence. Science, thus far anyway, hasn't found any reason to embrace ID because there isn't presently any reason to do so. Science has given ID a thorough "going over" and dismissed it.

We're all entitled to our own opinions, but facts remain facts whether one chooses to accept them or not. :coffee1:

Your words will make sense, no doubt, into some simple minds (nothing new under the sun)

..But your are just parroting a mix of half-truths and pure lies.

The wonderful design which we call evolution, not yet fully understood and explained, is another evidence of intelligent design.

"science" who dismisses the intelligent design is not science, but surely is a clear picture of pure human arrogance.

That said, i have nothing against your opinions, but all in favour of freedom of thought.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tagged said:

Then you should read more about Buddhism and acceptance of a god belief. 

A buddhist realise and accepteverything is under change, and changes, and do not deny there could be a god, they just do not find a proof of a god, or at least the Budda Siddartha Guatama did not. And there is no conflict about being a buddhist and believing in god. 

Believing in "God" and accepting other's belief in "God" is not the same thing.

Many Buddhists in Thailand also worship Hindu gods.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps somebody should explain to him that the world is not black and white, and there are as many religions and beliefs as humans on this planet.

As the Tibetans say, " a thousand monks, a thousand religions".

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

Perhaps somebody should explain to him that the world is not black and white, and there are as many religions and beliefs as humans on this planet.

As the Tibetans say, " a thousand monks, a thousand religions".

I never said advocated anything else. 

«every man for itself!»

and your pissing contest reaching new hights! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Worked on farms for years. Modern farmers haven't relied on animal poo since they invented fertilizer.

So, nature is farms only? And we have seen how this industrialized farming have gone! Sad chapter if you ask me. 

Im also grown up on a farm and learned how depended we are on the circle to make good products, and we still use pooh where I come from supplied with ferilizers. 

Just an example of whales, and the pooh from them, how much that influence the eco system now when they are back in huge numbers, as every animal pooh have to say for nature as well to be healthy. 

We use pooh now on our small farm in Isan from buffalo as well, and no fertilizer so far, since it is a small ecological farm. 

Mainly Hindu is the roots of buddhists, and budda teaching is the root of christianity. The only reason Budda did not believe in a god, was exactly because of the lack of proof, as at least what they say. We will never know, except what the older scripts tells us. However, no buddhists have denied there could be a god or gods, and buddhists is not teached not to believe in a god, or prevent anyone to believe in a god. 

Same for me, I do not deny it could be a god, higher power, supernatural thing, but I doubt it have anything to do with us right now, or control us, or neither control our planet, if he do not play with the forces far beyond our knownledge. 

Right here right now, nature is our power. Sun give us life, mother gives birth and the moon is our force. 

Edited by Tagged

41 minutes ago, Tagged said:

We use pooh now on our small farm in Isan from buffalo as well, and no fertilizer so far, since it is a small ecological farm. 

I like when you finally talk about something you know ????

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Well, we already talked about the pissing contest, didnt we? 

don't take it personally, but somebody had to let you know that taking the p*ss is not an occupation reserved to the atheist brigade :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

don't take it personally, but somebody had to let you know that taking the p*ss is not an occupation reserved to the atheist brigade :whistling:

Quite a remarkable comment to talk about what someone really know, when thinking of the subject discussed here ???? 

Impressive indeed

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

I like when you finally talk about something you know ????

Last comment was related to this one, and the pissing contest continues. 

However, I understand you forget what you wrote before, so I understand the confusion ;D

Edited by Tagged
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

I find it funny that some people believe that an intelligent design created a universe which is 99.9999...% a very violent place, deadly radiation, cosmic rays, pulsars, quasars, neutron stars, black holes, gamma ray bursts to name a few, and trillions of stars, each star being a nuclear furnace releasing energy equivalent to one million Hiroshima bombs per second.

If that's from a grand creator, then what does that say about the creator?? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elad said:

I find it funny that some people believe that an intelligent design created a universe which is 99.9999...% a very violent place, deadly radiation, cosmic rays, pulsars, quasars, neutron stars, black holes, gamma ray bursts to name a few, and trillions of stars, each star being a nuclear furnace releasing energy equivalent to one million Hiroshima bombs per second.

Says alot! And let's beat this dead horse a bit more and not forget all the horrors and suffering right here on Earth which speak volumes of their imaginary designer. Earthquakes, tsunamis, tornadoes, hurricanes, droughts, parasites, deadly diseases and horrible birth defects, cancers and even more intelligently and beautifully designed...infant and childhood cancers with agonizingly painful and slow demise. And it is intelligently creating more loveliness all the time. What's the latest designed gem...nCoV? Guess SARS has lost it's luster. 

Brilliant! So beautiful. So perfect. So wonderful So intelligent. ???????? ????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Elad said:

This has been discussed "ad nauseam", it's getting wearisome to try to explain.

We live in the best possible world.

If you are not satisfied, just wait until you die, and the torture is over.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elad said:

It says the creator is not bound by the silly opinions of humans that think God should care about us as individuals.

• Like 1

Materialists love the shortcuts of the mind.

"The universe? Pfff, it's just a mix of mostly dark matter and dark energy." (plain speak = no <deleted> clue)

"Subatomic particles? Pfff, they're just particles that can be waves and particles at the same time. Nothing to it" (plain speak = see above)

The sad thing is that they look at the magnificent world/universe and its uncountable wonders, and all they need to do is explain it away with some over-simplistic explanation "It's just this...it's just that". As if that could make the amazing wonders less wondrous and easier to grasp with their limited imagination.
Fact is, we have no bloody clue how the universe really works. Science has still no idea what dark matter is, what "junk" DNA is, what gravity is and how the universe started in the first place. 

I get it, explaining these things away with mind-bogglingly shallow explanations might give you some sort of peace of mind and a smug sense of superiority, but for those who can see through the illusion, it's plainly obvious that you're compensating for a lack of understanding and insecurity.  

So go on making fools of yourselves while the rest of us sit back and enjoy the spectacle.

Once there's no room left in the world for wondering at God's creation– there'll be plenty of crude, contemptuous, wisecracking, fun-poking imitations of it.

-------------

“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery each day. (Einstein)

“The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science.” (also Einstein)

“The possession of knowledge does not kill the sense of wonder and mystery. There is always more mystery.”
 Anais Nin

“The Cosmos is all that is or was or ever will be. Our feeblest contemplations of the Cosmos stir us -- there is a tingling in the spine, a catch in the voice, a faint sensation, as if a distant memory, of falling from a height. We know we are approaching the greatest of mysteries.”
 Carl Sagan, Cosmos

“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are a part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”
 Max Planck, Where is Science Going?

“One is never afraid of the unknown; one is afraid of the known coming to an end.”
 Krishnamurti

“Whenever we proceed from the known into the unknown we may hope to understand, but we may have to learn at the same time a new meaning of the word 'understanding.”
 Werner Karl Heisenberg, Physics and Philosophy: The Revolution in Modern Science

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elad said:

Wow, how very homo-centric....

99.9999% might be inhabitable for us, but that has got nothing to do with being violent.

Try again.

It says the creator is not bound by the silly opinions of humans that think God should care about us as individuals.

Yep, ludicrous.

They don't believe in God, but they complain that God design is flawed.

Perhaps they expect God to make the world as they like... What else, bring the coffee in their bed at morning, and make them rich, intelligent and immortal..

Well, it's not going to happen.

If you don't like the world as it is, move your sorry ass and do something to make it better, instead of whining !