Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

7 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I call that an opinion, that's all

“Nature shows us only the tail of the lion. But I have no doubt that the lion belongs with it even if he cannot reveal himself all at once. We see him only the way a louse that sits upon him would.”

― Albert Einstein

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

“Nature shows us only the tail of the lion. But I have no doubt that the lion belongs with it even if he cannot reveal himself all at once. We see him only the way a louse that sits upon him would.”

― Albert Einstein

Albert Einstein believed we could and can solve everything with science, so good man to quote. The impossible just takes longer time. There is a solution to everything! 

• Like 1

Just now, Hummin said:

Albert Einstein believed we could and can solve everything with science, so good man to quote. The impossible just takes longer time. There is a solution to everything! 

I thought he said we couldn't explain everything with Science! 

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Depending on what context he said it about. 

Even a supernatural must have used science to create everything around us! To perfect fitted together, from tiniest quark's to biggest planets and stars in a universe. 

Everything is a miracle, therefor nature is the greatest

3 hours ago, actonion said:

I'm sure for the Millions of  people in this World  who have literally nothing , to have someone there,   a god,  someone  who they can believe in,  it must bring some sort  of comfort  I  would imagine

And that's the nub of it.......well said.

A man made construct to help bring some comfort to a hard life and in grief.

If we had this being with such amazing control powers and gospels. Such as wonderful person(if is person) why does this being allow so much sadness of poverty, wars, despair suffering in the world.

on a lighter note..  My wife told me when God created man She made a mistake”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, johnbarpic said:

If we had this being with such amazing control powers and gospels. Such as wonderful person(if is person) why does this being allow so much sadness of poverty, wars, despair suffering in the world.

The man is still in progress loosing its fertility 

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

God is man made? Are you serious? 

The only scoffers at prayer are the ones who have never tried it.

"The word God has become empty of meaning through thousands of years of misuse. I use it sometimes, but I do so sparingly. By misuse, I mean that people who have never even glimpsed the realm of the sacred, the infinite vastness behind that word, use it with great conviction, as if they knew what they are talking about. Or they argue against it, as if they knew what it is that they are denying. This misuse gives rise to absurd beliefs, assertions, and egoic delusions, such as 'My or our God is the only true God, and your God is false," or Nietzsche's famous statement 'God is dead.'

The word God has become a closed concept. The moment the word is uttered, a mental image is created, no longer, perhaps, of an old man with a white beard, but still a mental representation of someone or something outside you, and, yes, almost inevitably a male someone or something.” Eckhart Tolle

Your quote from Eckhart Tolle shows that you are into new-age "mysticism/spiritualism" and his most famous book was described thus: – 

"The book draws from a variety of spiritual traditions,[5] and one reviewer described it as "Buddhism mixed with mysticism and a few references to Jesus Christ, a sort of New Age re-working of Zen."[6] It uses these traditions to describe a "belief system based on living in the present moment".[7] Its core message is that people's emotional problems are rooted in their identification with their minds.

That explains a lot about your posts and belief system.......new-age twaddle and very little about a god..

On 2/11/2023 at 4:23 AM, ravip said:

Do you believe in God and why...

NO. Because its all man made bs.

If there is ANY such thing as a god... why are the most rotten humans thriving and  in power... while the genuine good people are  praying and suffering...???

Today...  Turkey and Seria...  God's work?  If Satan, was God on vacation? 

Can any devotee explain this in simple language? 

No. Blind beliefs are like amulets. 

Just my 2 cents..

Seems you bought into the religious version of God. The God I believe in isn't going to save anyone, as the point isn't how long they live, but the way they live when they are alive.

If you still don't get it, think about black holes sucking in entire solar systems with all the life forms on the planets. It's part of "nature", and also, in nature a virus is as important as a human being. Only humans think we are special, but IMO to nature we are unimportant- just another species inhabiting the planet for a while.

Be grateful that God isn't taking an interest in us. If God was, God would see what we are doing to the planet and to each other and likely send another asteroid to get rid of us, so a better species could emerge.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, johnbarpic said:

Perhaps because such things are of no interest to a being that can create the universe. Do you think God is a human being to care about us?

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

And that's the nub of it.......well said.

A man made construct to help bring some comfort to a hard life and in grief.

You are talking about the religious version of God, which IMO has no similarity to God, other than that God created the earth  ( planet ) and the heavens ( universe ).

Everyone needs something to believe in to get through the hard times, and the religious version of a "personal" God is as good as any.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Be grateful that God isn't taking an interest in us. If God was, God would see what we are doing to the planet and to each other and likely send another asteroid to get rid of us, so a better species could emerge.

The asteroid is coming, it's just a matter of time ???? 

Sometimes i also think that God's not caring a lot about us, but, as i find that compassion is one of the highest qualities of humans, why should we think that gods don't have high qualities ?

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Even if we can't explain everything in the moment, that is no reason to believe in a god who somehow knows everything.

Like: I don't know why the sun comes up in the morning and goes down in the evening. There must be a god. Or maybe not?

It's amazing that this thread still exists. A lot of "He exists". "No, he doesn't" 

4 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

The asteroid is coming, it's just a matter of time ???? 

Sometimes i also think that God's not caring a lot about us, but, as i find that compassion is one of the highest qualities of humans, why should we think that gods don't have high qualities ?

Compassion is a human quality, and God is not a human, ergo doesn't have human emotions. As pointed out billions of humans die horribly, and no compassionate God would allow that.

I think God cares as much about us as we care about the mosquito we are spraying to kill it.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Compassion is a human quality, and God is not a human, ergo doesn't have human emotions. As pointed out billions of humans die horribly, and no compassionate God would allow that.

I think God cares as much about us as we care about the mosquito we are spraying to kill it.

Well, then where's the compassionate people's compassion coming from, if not from the eternal source of everything?

Edited by mauGR1

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Even if we can't explain everything in the moment, that is no reason to believe in a god who somehow knows everything.

Like: I don't know why the sun comes up in the morning and goes down in the evening. There must be a god. Or maybe not?

It's amazing that this thread still exists. A lot of "He exists". "No, he doesn't" 

As God created the universe, God designed the science that makes the earth rotate, so the sun "comes up" in the morning. Wouldn't have worked very well if the planet was stationary and too hot on sunny side and too cold on dark side. I guess God does know everything. Could you make a solid ball and make it rotate endlessly without slowing down? What force is exerted to make the earth rotate endlessly, and at the same time rotate around the sun? What does science say?

3 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, then where's the compassionate people's compassion coming from, if not from the eternal source of everything?

IMO compassion was designed into humans else they'd kill everyone else. Imagine if no one had compassion- in a natural disaster no one would help the affected, so they'd all die. Nurses wouldn't work for the pittance they get paid, so no help in hospital, etc.

So IMO compassion is the way to ensure humans survive. God doesn't need compassion to survive, so doesn't need to be compassionate.

18 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

and yet you thought it worth posting on!

30 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Amazing world we live in, isn't?

From tiny small fragile plants to wild dangerous animals human beings, and among us beautiful women to adore ????

Gods wonder god speed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO compassion was designed into humans else they'd kill everyone else. Imagine if no one had compassion- in a natural disaster no one would help the affected, so they'd all die. Nurses wouldn't work for the pittance they get paid, so no help in hospital, etc.

So IMO compassion is the way to ensure humans survive. God doesn't need compassion to survive, so doesn't need to be compassionate.

I'm not saying that you're wrong,  and perhaps its just me, but i cannot see God as a separate entity from humans,  animals, plants and minerals. 

I see it more like a sort of conscious "energy' pervading everything visible and invisible. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Your quote from Eckhart Tolle shows that you are into new-age "mysticism/spiritualism" and his most famous book was described thus: – 

"The book draws from a variety of spiritual traditions,[5] and one reviewer described it as "Buddhism mixed with mysticism and a few references to Jesus Christ, a sort of New Age re-working of Zen."[6] It uses these traditions to describe a "belief system based on living in the present moment".[7] Its core message is that people's emotional problems are rooted in their identification with their minds.

That explains a lot about your posts and belief system.......new-age twaddle and very little about a god..

lol....the fact that you take this book review and somehow try to spin it to make it sound as something bad, says more about you than Eckhart Tolle. That's for sure. ????

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

See what? Reality?

There is no god, it's not too difficult to see that. Anything else is just imagination. 

There is no proof of either, so proclaiming either is wrong, because we have no proof of either is a fact. 

But, personally the more connected I get to nature, the more I believe there is something that connects us in some way. 

The more I read and understand about fungi, and what I do not understand amazes me. 

Fungi is the reason we are

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

See what? Reality?

There is no god, it's not too difficult to see that. Anything else is just imagination. 

I can accept your point of view, but even if I'd embrace it, no one can deny the existence of imagination. 

Although imagination itself may be useless in many cases, no one would deny the importance of imagination in our lives.

Since aeons people have been discussing the existence of God, and we're still discussing it, so it's not like all the believers are nuts or vice-versa. 

29 minutes ago, Hummin said:

But, personally the more connected I get to nature, the more I believe there is something that connects us in some way. 

I agree with the connection to nature. And that is not really surprising because we all exist on this earth together since a long long time.

But what does have god to do with that?