Do you believe in God and why

ivor bigun

10 hours ago, Sunmaster said:

If some "journalists" managed to throw dirt on people like the Dalai Lama and Mother Theresa (2 of the most compassionate beings ever walking this earth), you can imagine what they would do or write about C.C. 

good point. a lot of journalists lacks integrity anyway.

i haven't read his books, so i wont comment any further.

but i might do. 

Edited by save the frogs
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, JackGats said:

I believe in God coz otherwise I would be sad. I want there to be another life as this life of mine is not good and I work a lot to earn little. I don't want to grow old and die just like that. Also, I want to be reunited with my mum and dad coz when they died I cried a lot. If there's not God there would not be another life after I die would there? And I would never see my mum & dad again! I also want there to be another life so that the people who have all the money and can do whatever they want and have all the fun in the world go to hell while I can go to paradise, because otherwise it wouldn't be fair. This is why I believe in God, because if there is no God I don't feel good at all about myself and other people and that's why I'm sure there is a God and I believe in him.

my mother was terminally ill with cancer a while ago.

within the last few weeks of her life, she started hearing voices.

not just any voices, but voices of people from her childhood. 

i asked the doctor and the doctor said this was common among terminally ill patients.

the doctors have some medicine that they give patients to block out the voices.

it could be some form of delusion on the part of the dying person.

but i wonder if it could also be some indication that there is 'another side'. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, save the frogs said:

i asked the doctor and the doctor said this was common among terminally ill patients.

Can this phenomenon be due to the subconscious ? Like dreams?

Do you believe in God and why...

NO. Because its all man made bs.

If there is ANY such thing as a god... why are the most rotten humans thriving and  in power... while the genuine good people are  praying and suffering...???

Today...  Turkey and Seria...  God's work?  If Satan, was God on vacation? 

Can any devotee explain this in simple language? 

No. Blind beliefs are like amulets. 

Just my 2 cents..

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ravip said:

If there is ANY such thing as a god... why are the most rotten humans thriving and  in power... while the genuine good people are  praying and suffering...???

Just my 2 cents..

If there was no evil, we wouldn't be able to know what is good...and complaining about the state of this world isn't going to make things better.

Being grateful for what you have instead, seems to work wonders. 

• Love It 1

6 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

If there was no evil, we wouldn't be able to know what is good...and complaining about the state of this world isn't going to make things better.

Being grateful for what you have instead, seems to work wonders. 

Agree.

But there's no logic in saying "If there was no evil, we wouldn't be able to know what is good..."

If all is good, why should we know about evil? What's the use?

1 minute ago, ravip said:

If all is good, why should we know about evil? What's the use?

Well, i can only answer in the best way i can, and of course i could be wrong.

The goal is to evolve into better beings, so we are given death and suffering to transcend the physical reality.

Unfortunately, in this era, we are taught since the early years to identify exclusively with our physical bodies, but that's not correct. We are much more than that.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Life purpose on earth is survival! And the the next question is, what is the purpose of our Universe? 

I do not rank life on earth, because it is equally important for all existence as we see it in Now. But that can easily change. 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, save the frogs said:

You may find this interesting.

In my view, the clearest and most straightforward account of what happens during and after the death experience. 

https://thesearchforlifeafterdeath.com/2015/11/21/jane-roberts-seth-describes-our-life-after-death/

27 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

it's a theory.

and people can only guess. 

Grandma here in Isaan also speaks to the dead and also see them, and she is blind. So who knows whats going on, but personally I believe we are recycled. No more Hummin, just my dna getting absorbed and recycled. Most likely up in smoke and away with the wind 

20 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Grandma here in Isaan also speaks to the dead and also see them, and she is blind. So who knows whats going on, but personally I believe we are recycled. No more Hummin, just my dna getting absorbed and recycled. Most likely up in smoke and away with the wind 

I think there was a physicist who predicted all human beings who ever lived will resurrect at 'the end of time'.

Try to wrap your mind around that one. Ha ha.

But yeah, thanks for sharing the grandma story. I believe it. Could be. Anything is possible. 

14 hours ago, save the frogs said:

I think there was a physicist who predicted all human beings who ever lived will resurrect at 'the end of time'.

Try to wrap your mind around that one. Ha ha.

But yeah, thanks for sharing the grandma story. I believe it. Could be. Anything is possible. 

And we are all humans with everything that comes with, even a physician have to admit that ????

We are easily distracted and manipulated, so what is reality?

I can be manipulated to believe cold is extremely lethal hot as an example, our taste can be manipulated, as well our physical view of something, or the meaning.

Interesting read

How Much Can We Trust On Our Sense Perception?

https://sites.psu.edu/siowfa15/2015/11/09/how-much-can-we-trust-on-our-sense-perception/

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2023 at 10:23 PM, ravip said:

Just my 2 cents..

God is man made? Are you serious? 

The only scoffers at prayer are the ones who have never tried it.

"The word God has become empty of meaning through thousands of years of misuse. I use it sometimes, but I do so sparingly. By misuse, I mean that people who have never even glimpsed the realm of the sacred, the infinite vastness behind that word, use it with great conviction, as if they knew what they are talking about. Or they argue against it, as if they knew what it is that they are denying. This misuse gives rise to absurd beliefs, assertions, and egoic delusions, such as 'My or our God is the only true God, and your God is false," or Nietzsche's famous statement 'God is dead.'

The word God has become a closed concept. The moment the word is uttered, a mental image is created, no longer, perhaps, of an old man with a white beard, but still a mental representation of someone or something outside you, and, yes, almost inevitably a male someone or something.” Eckhart Tolle

On 2/10/2023 at 8:23 AM, Sunmaster said:

If some "journalists" managed to throw dirt on people like the Dalai Lama and Mother Theresa (2 of the most compassionate beings ever walking this earth), you can imagine what they would do or write about C.C. 

Who is CC.

I shook the Dalai Lama's hand and had a spiritual experience, a glimpse into the reality of life.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

God is man made? Are you serious? 

The only scoffers at prayer are the ones who have never tried it.

"The word God has become empty of meaning through thousands of years of misuse. I use it sometimes, but I do so sparingly. By misuse, I mean that people who have never even glimpsed the realm of the sacred, the infinite vastness behind that word, use it with great conviction, as if they knew what they are talking about. Or they argue against it, as if they knew what it is that they are denying. This misuse gives rise to absurd beliefs, assertions, and egoic delusions, such as 'My or our God is the only true God, and your God is false," or Nietzsche's famous statement 'God is dead.'

The word God has become a closed concept. The moment the word is uttered, a mental image is created, no longer, perhaps, of an old man with a white beard, but still a mental representation of someone or something outside you, and, yes, almost inevitably a male someone or something.” Eckhart Tolle

Can you understand why it is important for people to believe in something? 

We tend to love, admire, and respect people we do not know, because we believe in them how they are described in media, through their music, art, books or fictional movies. We cultivate athletes, but people or most people need some meaning also in the middle of chaos. 

Others drown themselves in substances or work to escape. 

Desperately seeking meaning, but why? Can you answer that? 

Edited by Hummin

I'm sure for the Millions of  people in this World  who have literally nothing , to have someone there,   a god,  someone  who they can believe in,  it must bring some sort  of comfort  I  would imagine

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, actonion said:

I'm sure for the Millions of  people in this World  who have literally nothing , to have someone there,   a god,  someone  who they can believe in,  it must bring some sort  of comfort  I  would imagine

When you fly over Pakistan and Afghanistan you understand why a god is important to them. Worse clima and harsh environment to survive I doubt exists. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, actonion said:

Maybe rich people get comfort in God, nothing to do with financial wealth.

9 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Maybe rich people get comfort in God, nothing to do with financial wealth.

Rich people connect via religion, and as well religious leaders still have power and influence. It is a complete theater when the American president pays the pope a visit. 

I do not believe rich people is more religous, they just see the importance of having something central that is not obviously politics to gather people and influence them.

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Rich people connect via religion, and as well religious leaders still have power and influence. It is a complete theater when the American president pays the pope a visit. 

I do not believe rich people is more religous, they just see the importance of having something central that is not obviously politics to gather people and influence them.

You seem to be mixing up religion with God.

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Definition rich people is one thing, middle class is another, and also new rich people. 

Classic rich inherited rich people have an tendency to belong to one of the monistic religions. New rich people, and middle class is a bit all over the place.

16 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

They are inextricably intertwined, because man invented/created/wanted there to be a god or a being who created the world/heaven and earth/whatever, and needed to find a way to be able to "reach him/worship him" (or her as the case may be in this new woke world) hence the creation of religion to do this.

Some cunning folk way back when, decided that they could make it a great moneyspinner, so they did via the Catholic Church. Other folk decided to write their own version of this and worshipped him/her in a different way, but they all have one thing in common inasmuch as they are stories made up of hearsay and rumours, dreams and fantasy.

Now Batman, that is something different entirely.............

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, xylophone said:

because man invented/created/wanted there to be a god or a being who created the world/heaven and earth/whatever

That's the silliest thing I've read for a while. 

God obviously existed well before man.  You don't need to be Einstein to realize this.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

God obviously existed well before man.  You don't need to be Einstein to realize this.

And you don't need to be Einstein to realise that all of this god/religion malarkey is plain nonsense and fairytales.

PS. "God obviously existed well before man" can you prove that!

Edited by xylophone

31 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

If you believe in a god or gods!

I believe in Nature, and it can all be explained scientistic be it a form of god or not.

I do not know if there is any god, or any god anymore with us, but I know Nature is great.