Thai ID Card for "Aliens" - Do you have one?

1 hour ago, sumrit said:
3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Pink ID can't be used at DLT. They handed it back to me, saying "no use".

Yes, it can, I've done it twice, the second time just four months ago.

It's because you wanted to use it for your proof of address. 

Your ID card is what it says, proof of ID, and replaces your passport. You need to show your yellow tabien baan for proof of address in the same way that a Thai national needs to show both when renewing their driving licence.

A Thai would certainly be in trouble if the TB and ID address do not match. The ones I talked with today said that they would get complaint and possibly a fine from the ID issuer at Khet in Bangkok if they did't collect their new ID cards immediately registering to new TB in BKK. So far I have not been able to find anyone who did't get new ID immediately after house register move. So don't know what would happen in that case.

10 minutes ago, sumrit said:

When I first applied for a pink ID card the receptionist at the Amphur said they were only for people from Myanma, Laos and Cambodia and wouldn't accept any foreigner was entitled. I just couldn't get past her. So I asked on this forum whether anybody knew the relevant law that applied. Ubonjoe kindly sent me the attached document. It's all in Thai but a Thai friend highlighted the relevant sections that applied to me and I took it back to the receptionist at the Amphur. As soon as she read the highlighted parts she ushered me to the correct desk and I received my pink card.

foreigner ID CardDOPA Manual - Civil Registration and Nationality.pdf 803.4 kB · 1 download

Thanks very much for the useful post.

A post commenting on moderation has been removed. A repeat of it will result in a formal warning.

Forum Rule

10) Do not comment on moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. This also includes posting an emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. 

You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

On 4/24/2019 at 3:27 PM, CharlieH said:

Do you have a Pink Thai ID Card ?

Was it easy for you to obtain ?

Have you found it useful ?

What have you used it for ?

1: Yes

2: Yes, basic rules followed, together with yellow housebook
3: Yes, no more need to carry pasport around, any other kind of identifications/paperwork became same as for Thai

4: Opening bank accounts, purchase car/motorbike, registration, Phone contracts, the works

Everything becomes more easy, but be aware, only if you show/mention the housebook at the relevant administrative person you'r dealing with. Otherwise they will assume you'r just an english speaking farang...

Actually, anything where any administration needs a Thai ID nr for, becomes possible and easy...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, zhangxifu said:

A Thai would certainly be in trouble if the TB and ID address do not match. The ones I talked with today said that they would get complaint and possibly a fine from the ID issuer at Khet in Bangkok if they did't collect their new ID cards immediately registering to new TB in BKK. So far I have not been able to find anyone who did't get new ID immediately after house register move. So don't know what would happen in that case.

A Thai ID card is always in line with the housebook where the person is registered. Any change is always followed by a new issued ID card.
Only the original housemaster have the Tabien Baan, others have to carry a copy of the relevant page or have the original Housebook on hand if they need to.

Only the housemaster can ask to ad/remove any entry in the housebook at the relevant Amphur

1 hour ago, Ratt Thai said:
17 hours ago, zhangxifu said:

A Thai ID card is always in line with the housebook where the person is registered. Any change is always followed by a new issued ID card.
Only the original housemaster have the Tabien Baan, others have to carry a copy of the relevant page or have the original Housebook on hand if they need to.

Only the housemaster can ask to ad/remove any entry in the housebook at the relevant Amphur

I would expect the rules for the pink ID to be exactly same.

28 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Yea I have a Thai driving licence!

But, you don't have a pink card.

When I got my shiny new pink card last week my wife and my 3 beautiful nieces that live with us all went envious. They love the pink because they only have grunge blue cards. "rabus, can we see it again?" When their friends come over I'm asked to show it again and again. Priceless. Only a gold card could be more impressive.

60 baht. How much was your driving license?

• Haha 1

But, you don't have a pink card.

When I got my shiny new pink card last week my wife and my 3 beautiful nieces that live with us all went envious. They love the pink because they only have grunge blue cards. "rabus, can we see it again?" When their friends come over I'm asked to show it again and again. Priceless. Only a gold card could be more impressive.

I'm not anywhere near vein enough to want anything too look superior in the eyes of others but each too there own!!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

In Rayong they don't accept the yellow book for driving licence renewal anymore, don't know about the pink ID card, so you have to go to immigration for the residence certificate and 500 baht for immediate issue or wait 1 week and it's free. 

16 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

In Rayong they don't accept the yellow book for driving licence renewal anymore, don't know about the pink ID card, so you have to go to immigration for the residence certificate and 500 baht for immediate issue or wait 1 week and it's free. 

Was the yellow book used with pink ID at Rayong DLT?

Nothing to do with anyone else. My business. Good business.
It's certainly a slant on getting half price admission at attractions with a driving licence, but I don't believe for one minute that you can get a Mars Bar at half price by showing a pink ID card, given me a laugh though!!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, zhangxifu said:

Was the yellow book used with pink ID at Rayong DLT?

only yellow book, my friend didn't have the pink id card, I'm due in January but will get pink first but go to Klaeng not Rayong. 

10 hours ago, sandrabbit said:

Strange, did you ask them why?

Not accepting the yellow house book as proof of address is hard to believe.

20 hours ago, rabas said:

605 baht, but it has saved me lots of money, each time I have been stopped by the police driving. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Pattaya is often the same, I have always used yellow book (only a couple of weeks ago) but some report not being able to use. It may come down to English name on existing license and Thai name on ID.

10 hours ago, Peterw42 said:
18 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Pattaya is often the same, I have always used yellow book (only a couple of weeks ago) but some report not being able to use. It may come down to English name on existing license and Thai name on ID.

Maybe they thought that yellow book must be used with pink ID only, passport number is different.
Also, the medical certificate could be the issue, if it wasn't issued with pink ID numbers wont match.

1 hour ago, zhangxifu said:

Maybe they thought that yellow book must be used with pink ID only, passport number is different.
Also, the medical certificate could be the issue, if it wasn't issued with pink ID numbers wont match.

good point

1 hour ago, zhangxifu said:

You don't need a medical certificate when renewing your DL.

• Sad 1