Thai ID Card for "Aliens" - Do you have one?

8 hours ago, Spidey said:

Renewed my Thai DL 12 months ago. Top name in English and block capitals. Name below also in English, not block capitals.

Unlike my previous DL, surname first in both instances. When I queried this was told, "New format".

Where did you renew it? Did you use a pink ID card for ID and yellow book for your address?

Have you got your citizen ID number or passport number printed on you DL?

22 minutes ago, sumrit said:

Where did you renew it? Did you use a pink ID card for ID and yellow book for your address?

Have you got your citizen ID number or passport number printed on you DL?

Didn't have a yellow book or pink card at the time, used my passport. Passport number on DL.

Interestingly, I attended Bangkok Pattaya hospital today as I wanted an x-Ray on my hand.

Receptionist actually asked me, "Do you have your passport or ID card?"

Showed her my pink ID card and I got my X-Ray (clear).

That's the first time I've used it and that's a win for the pink ID card.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 7:55 AM, Peterw42 said:

Its the online TM30 reporting, the same as the hotels use, (I'm back home). Can do TM30 for yourself or any staying at the property you register)

Register here  https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/ (if successful you get back a username and password to access the online system)

Not sure if available in all areas but I registered (my condo) no problems in Pattaya

I also want to register my condo. There is a place at the bottom to   attach document files. What documents did you send when you registered sucessfully?

passport?

tabien baan?

chanote teedin?

other?

um, pink card?

Thanks.

Edited by rabas

2 hours ago, rabas said:

I also want to register my condo. There is a place at the bottom to   attach document files. What documents did you send when you registered sucessfully?

passport?

tabien baan?

chanote teedin?

other?

um, pink card?

Thanks.

Think I sent both, pp and id. If you are jaoban in the house book tooroo13, it should be enough. I would imagine chanot and blue book would work as well.

Edited by zhangxifu
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, rabas said:

passport?

tabien baan?

chanote teedin?

other?

um, pink card?

Thanks.

Blue book

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Blue book

Thanks Zhang and Peter.

If I may ask, are you jao baan head of house in the blue book or 'pou asai', resident.  I have a yellow book and my wife has a blue book making her jao baan.

1 hour ago, rabas said:

Thanks Zhang and Peter.

If I may ask, are you jao baan head of house in the blue book or 'pou asai', resident.  I have a yellow book and my wife has a blue book making her jao baan.

Only Thais (or PR) can be in blue books, I am house master in my condos yellow book. I dont think you need to be house master to register for the online TM30

Edited by Peterw42

1 hour ago, Rally123 said:

As always. Wrong.

What is wrong with you TROLL.

What does the image below say, Number 6 is for expats, number 7 is their children. Also for 6 stateless people and 7 their children if they stay in Thailand. No stateless people read Thaivisa so we are not really concerned about them.

Expats get a pink ID the PIN starts with 6, Expats have children who get an ID, the PIN starts with 7.

image.png.e85caa59123439ba4265cc2c895ff250.pnghttp://www.isaanlawyers.com/pink-id-card-for-foreigners-in-thailand/digits-of-thai-id-card/

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:
1 hour ago, rabas said:

Thanks Zhang and Peter.

Only Thais can be in blue books, I an house master in my condos yellow book.

Blue book is only for Thais and the yellow book only for foreigners. There is only one Jaobaan (house master), it can be in either book. I guess jaobaan's name must be in chanot. All the rest are puu asai (residents). Only Jaobaan can register more puu asai for the resident. For tm30 online, someone got approved only with the rental contract and jaobaan's id and blue book copies in Bangkok. But usually it is the jaobaan who registers for the access to that online reporting.

Edited by zhangxifu
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, zhangxifu said:

Blue book is only for Thais and the yellow book only for foreigners. There is only one Jaobaan (house master), it can be in either book. I guess jaobaan's name must be in chanot. All the rest are puu asai (residents).

Yes thats right, most westerners (owners) unless the GF goes in, the blue book is blank.

I think most amphers will put you as HM in yellow if nobody is HM in blue book

Edited by Peterw42

On 4/26/2019 at 7:14 PM, Spidey said:

Interestingly, I attended Bangkok Pattaya hospital today as I wanted an x-Ray on my hand.

Receptionist actually asked me, "Do you have your passport or ID card?"

Showed her my pink ID card and I got my X-Ray (clear).

That's the first time I've used it and that's a win for the pink ID card.

And, what would have been the difference had you showed your passport?

46 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Yes thats right, most westerners (owners) unless the GF goes in, the blue book is blank.

So, actually the name in chanot can name anyone jaoban. Or they can name all pu asai and the recidence has no jaobaan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimGant said:

Absolutely none. However, I don't carry my passport around with me whereas my pink card is always in my wallet. I popped into the hospital without thinking about ID. If I hadn't had my card with me I would probably visited the next day. Not a deal breaker but it worked for me. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Absolutely none. However, I don't carry my passport around with me whereas my pink card is always in my wallet. I popped into the hospital without thinking about ID. If I hadn't had my card with me I would probably visited the next day. Not a deal breaker but it worked for me. 

You could have also used your driver's licence for ID.

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

You could have also used your driver's licence for ID.

The interesting thing for me was the fact that the receptionist offered me the option of passport or ID card without prompting. Didn't mention DL but I suspect that you are correct.

7 hours ago, rabas said:

So, I registered for online TM30 submissions at https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online. First choice is Thai or foreigner. After choosing foreigner you enter passport and the residence details. At this point they ask for only 2 documents(at the bottom):

1. Thai ID card,  or passport (if there is no Thai nationality). Pink card not an option.
2. Documents showing location of residence to be registered, such as house registration, copy of deed, or contract of sale.

You must state your position, one of:

a) jao khong baan (owner)

b) jao baan (house master)

c) house occupant

Even though they don't require a tabien baan, you must enter the house registration number from page one of either a blue or yellow tabien baan.

Thanks to all. 

It asks for Thai ID card "number", so the 13 digit number from pink card could possibly work. When I registered, the system only wanted the blue book attached.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Spidey said:

However, I don't carry my passport around with me whereas my pink card is always in my wallet. I popped into the hospital without thinking about ID. If I hadn't had my card with me I would probably visited the next day.

Surely if it is a hospital you have used before you will have a card from them. I only mention it as I have one and it means I certainly don't need to have my passport to go to the hospital, nor have I ever had a pink card. Still wondering why people covet them when I have never seen the requirement. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Surely if it is a hospital you have used before you will have a card from them. I only mention it as I have one and it means I certainly don't need to have my passport to go to the hospital, nor have I ever had a pink card. Still wondering why people covet them when I have never seen the requirement. 

No card but I am on the database. I think that they use the ID to find me on the database. In the UK I would give my name and date of birth and they would find my recoeds. However TiT.

When i joined the local hospital , both in Pattaya , and Sri Racha , they asked for my passport , i said is my Thai licence ok and i was told yes . To be honest in 20 odd years and 13 years living in Pattaya i had never even heard of a pink card .

Edited by bert bloggs
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

It asks for Thai ID card "number", so the 13 digit number from pink card could possibly work. When I registered, the system only wanted the blue book attached.

Only if you select Thai National (*) and not Foreigner ( ) at the top. Then it asks for a Thai ID card number from a  Thai bat-pra-cha-chon. The pink card is not a bat-pra-cha-chon. But who knows, somewhere a nice Thai lady will review the info and decide if she 'likes' the way you filled out the form or not.

Immigration also told me they are doing a lot of work on websites, so this may be a new version. Must be, it works.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, JimGant said:

One difference would have been he would have to take his passport with him.

The credit card size ID card would, I assume, already be in his wallet.

It's about convenience.

Edited by sumrit
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, rabas said:
20 hours ago, zhangxifu said:
20 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

So, actually the name in chanot can name anyone jaoban. Or they can name all pu asai and the recidence has no jaobaan.

So, I registered for online TM30 submissions at https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online. First choice is Thai or foreigner. After choosing foreigner you enter passport and the residence details. At this point they ask for only 2 documents(at the bottom):

1. Thai ID card,  or passport (if there is no Thai nationality). Pink card not an option.
2. Documents showing location of residence to be registered, such as house registration, copy of deed, or contract of sale.

You must state your position, one of:

a) jao khong baan (owner)

b) jao baan (house master)

c) house occupant

Even though they don't require a tabien baan, you must enter the house registration number from page one of either a blue or yellow tabien baan.

I have registered to the online residence reporting successfully using my alienID and my name and all the info in thai, just as it is in my TB and ID.

Obviously I am not thai so I chose foreigner and then inputed my ID details (not my passport).

Surely you send them signed copy of TB and fill in the TB number. Why do you say is not required? If you are not Jaoban there you must send other docs as well.

Edited by zhangxifu
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, zhangxifu said:

I have registered to the online residence reporting successfully using my alienID and my name and all the info in thai, just as it is in my TB and ID.

Obviously I am not thai so I chose foreigner and then inputed my ID details (not my passport).

Surely you send them signed copy of TB and fill in the TB number. Why do you say is not required? If you are not Jaoban there you must send other docs as well.

This is why I think it's a newer version website. After choosing foreigner there is no place to enter any 13 digit ID number. Go and try, click foreigner and look for it.

"Why do you say is not required?" 

In all cases, you must enter the house registration (TB) number from the tabien baan.  But, for submission they say: Please submit document showing location of the residence ... for example (เช่น - chen) tabien baan,  chanote (deed), or sale of house contract.

I choose 'jao khong baan' not 'jao baan', so I submitted the chanote. I also submitted the yellow TB just to be safe. I filled out everything in Thai because most documents use Thai language names. I suspect any reasonable set of documents for ID and residence address will work.

Had one as soon as the amphoe delivered them.

Used it for Bank, National parks (some), Adress reference, hotels registration, domestic flights....

Was easy to get as I already had yellow book, in fact the amphoe chief called me to have it processed. (Fyi it was in Hang Dong, Chiang Mai).

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, rabas said:
3 hours ago, zhangxifu said:

This is why I think it's a newer version website. After choosing foreigner there is no place to enter any 13 digit ID number. Go and try, click foreigner and look for it.

"Why do you say is not required?" 

In all cases, you must enter the house registration (TB) number from the tabien baan.  But, for submission they say: Please submit document showing location of the residence ... for example (เช่น - chen) tabien baan,  chanote (deed), or sale of house contract.

I choose 'jao khong baan' not 'jao baan', so I submitted the chanote. I also submitted the yellow TB just to be safe. I filled out everything in Thai because most documents use Thai language names. I suspect any reasonable set of documents for ID and residence address will work.

So, you could have entered you 13-digit ID instead of passport number there. I did, no problems.

In Thailand people always ask for pp but I always present ID. This is very common.

It might make sense using your passport number though if you need to use your purchase contract instead of TB as that doc might use PP no. Might get complicated though if for example your thai font name on chanot has different spelling from the official TB spelling. And if you are using your passport as ID document, name should mach that, in latin font. 

On my opinion Jaobaan and TB is the norm and the easiest way to process this. Those have everything in thai. Using those, my logic dictates need for the pink iD copies as well, and the pp, as it is requested. Anyway, I'm pretty sure what ever other combination will get accepted as well. As the purpose is to just register foreigners.

4 hours ago, sumrit said:

It's about convenience.

Convenience?

The Thai Driving License is the same size,

is accepted by hospitals (at least in Pattaya area)

and you already have it with you if you own a bike or a car.

Why taking another card that would bring you nothing more ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pattaya46 said:
4 hours ago, sumrit said:

It's about convenience.

Convenience?

The Thai Driving License is the same size,

is accepted by hospitals (at least in Pattaya area)

and you already have it with you if you own a bike or a car.

Why taking another card that would bring you nothing more ?

That is all true and DL is widely accepted. I understand that DL is not an official ID though. For example, DLT doesn't accept DL for car as ID when applying for another DL for motorbike.