Coolest place in hot season?

rott

Which is the coolest area in Thailand in the traditionally hot months? I live in the central plain which is always the hottest, never bothered me in the past but really getting to me now.

Possibly time to do a "sunbird", do not fancy Pattaya again but presumably somewhere coastal would fit the bill.

The sun is at its "Zenith" today over Thailand, can only get cooler here on in - I hope  ????

This time of year we are all in the same boat, its hot every where, some places like Loei, the nights are cooler which helps, some bloody rain would be nice as well!

Steaming here outside Udon, we have only had two decent rains since September! 

Have to plan for this time of year with insulated and AC house & not care about electric bill for a couple of months - mine near doubles this time of year - don't care! ???? 

On 4/26/2019 at 7:12 AM, rott said:

Which is the coolest area in Thailand in the traditionally hot months?

Snow Town in Bangkok's Dream World – talk from experience...???? – otherwise some southern islands with soft sea breeze, never too warm, neither too cold; average highest 32­°, average lowest 24°, also from experience, but positive experience...????

10 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Heard Lampang area is rather temperate.

... possibly if you are in the mountains, but then during the hot season you can cut the air with a knife.  Lampangese love to burn their forests down in the hot season.  So maybe you trade your ability to breath for 'cooler', but trust me, it ain't cool enough.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if you want cool, you're going to have to go out of country - you ain't going to find 'cool' in-country. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/27/2019 at 8:19 AM, Boon Mee said:

Heard Lampang area is rather temperate. 

Sure, it's almost holding the record of the highest temperature and this year from half March till last week daily temperature were all around 40 celcius, mostly higher....