TM 30 requirements for non retirement visitors

I apologize if this is a repeated question....

I have recently purchased a Farang owned condo in Pattaya.

At the moment I plan to visit LOS three times a year (3 x 60-day SETV extensions) returning to the UK at the end of each trip)

I have registered my condo at Jomtien immigration and have a TM 30 receipt in my passport 

The question is...

1) Do I have to report to Jomtien immigration every time I re-enter LOS from the UK even though I will be living in my condo for the whole of my stay?

2) If I AM required to report to immigration what is likely to happen if I do nothing?

Many thanks

When you go back to UK, Keep the old receipt..

At the moment when you have old receipt update is easier when you come back. Frontdesk helpers can do it..

You also may want to try your luck with online registration.. Some have succeeded to register some not.

Edited by thaitero

12 hours ago, thaitero said:

When you go back to UK, Keep the old receipt..

At the moment when you have old receipt update is easier when you come back. Frontdesk helpers can do it..

You also may want to try your luck with online registration.. Some have succeeded to register some not.

I think you are responding wrt 90 day reporting. The OP suggests he enters on a SETV with a single extension and 90 day reporting should not be required.

The question is relating to TM 30 submitting.

To OP, yes make a TM30 report to Immigration each time you enter Thailand within 24 hours. 

If you do not, when you try to make an Extension on the SETV stay they will require you to make a TM30 report before they will process it, and fine you for failing to do so on arrival. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I think you are responding wrt 90 day reporting. The OP suggests he enters on a SETV with a single extension and 90 day reporting should not be required.

He might be in Chiang Mai where they just stamp the existing TM30 receipt after leaving and entering the country.

13 hours ago, bluepeter said:

At the moment I plan to visit LOS three times a year (3 x 60-day SETV extensions) returning to the UK at the end of each trip)

But, surely, you won't be "extending" each SETV but instead "using" them in order to obtain 60-day permissions to stay upon your arrival at BKK (or wherever), won't you? Accordingly, since you don't appear to have a specific requirement for any other dealings with Jomtien Immigration during each of your planned stays in your condo, I'm at a loss to understand why you would need to lodge a fresh TM30 report with them on each occasion. But, there again, maybe I've missed something??

Edited by OJAS

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The question is relating to TM 30 submitting.

To OP, yes make a TM30 report to Immigration each time you enter Thailand within 24 hours. 

If you do not, when you try to make an Extension on the SETV stay they will require you to make a TM30 report before they will process it, and fine you for failing to do so on arrival. 

No i am not..

I am talking about TM 30 reporting

I myself have a condo in Pattaya and i am here on exempt/touristvisas so i know this first hand

1 hour ago, thaitero said:

No i am not..

I am talking about TM 30 reporting

I myself have a condo in Pattaya and i am here on exempt/touristvisas so i know this first hand

Are you saying the front desk girls are able to do the TM30?

Last time I did one (for a guest) I first had to get a ticket off them, then wait over 2 hours and get crammed into that separate room they use. Fortunately I have never been asked to do a TM30 for myself, yet, and play the don't ask, don't tell game. I have my own place and been on retirement extensions a long time.

You say you are here on Exempts or TVs, do you spend a lot of time in Thailand each year? I hear it is getting tougher that way. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Last time I did one (for a guest) I first had to get a ticket off them, then wait over 2 hours and get crammed into that separate room they use. Fortunately I have never been asked to do a TM30, yet, and play the don't ask, don't tell game. I have my own place and been on retirement extensions a long time.

You say you are here on Exempts or TVs, do you spend a lot of time in Thailand each year? I hear it is getting tougher that way. 

Front desk can do TM30 if you have old receipt..

First timers and notifications of new guests etc you will be sent to that "crammed room"

I myself have reduced my thai time to max 180 days so i do not think i have problems with my exempt and touristvisas. If i going to be here more i can apply retirement extension from next month when i turn this magical 50 ????

33 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

This comment might equally be applicable to the OP, @bluepeter. If, contrary to my previous posting, he really is planning on extending each 60-day permission granted under an SETV by 30 days, this could mean that he is banking on spending up to 270 days in Thailand each year! So, based on recent reports here, he might become increasingly liable to close Immigration scrutiny at BKK Arrivals - and, possibly, even denied permission to enter Thailand eventually altogether, even with a current SETV. IMHO this risk should be of far greater concern to him than whether or not he needs to submit fresh TM30's at Jomtien Immigration!

Yes,,If you read the threads with borderproblems i think one thing applies almost all of them. They spend more than 180 days in Thailand using exempt/tourist/extensions.. 180 day rule is not official but quoted many times by border control so just best to obey it or if longer time change visa/extensionstatus..

Sorry, if this is a repeated answer... Err... Question. 

When you enter Thailand, you fill out a small form which includes an address where you are staying.   Wouldn't that qualify as reporting? 

Watching Thailand Legal on YouTube seems to indicate that the TM30 or TM28 needs to be filled out everytime you - change- addresses. At least that was his wording. 

Of course, this being Thailand,  even if the initial form qualifies, there could be enforcement confusion at the immigration office. Just do whatever they tell you and swallow your indignation. 

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Last time I did one (for a guest) I first had to get a ticket off them, then wait over 2 hours and get crammed into that separate room they use. Fortunately I have never been asked to do a TM30 for myself, yet, and play the don't ask, don't tell game. I have my own place and been on retirement extensions a long time.

I'm on visa exempt with a previous address report stapled in back of Aust. passport, it took 2 minutes at Jomtien Immigration to report address again with the front desk staff who usually check paperwork and give out tickets stamping and stapling the new report of address in my passport. 

To me the thing that sucks is the ride out to Chaeng Wattana, but there is a girl there that makes savagely unbelievably fabulous fried Chicken when they have the food court set up

Edited by Nyezhov

There's several threads running at the moment about this issue, or similar versions of this issue, so there is no point in me starting another thread to ask a couple of quick questions. 

I chose to post my questions on this thread as it was the most on topic for my questions. 

If a tourist was to rent a condo for 1 month, which is legal, perhaps even the OP's condo, in one of the months he was away, and enter on a 30 day exemption stamp, and write the condo address on the arrival card, does the tenant / tourist have to report to immigration to submit a TM30?

I know it should be the landlord's responsibility, but let's say the landlord tells you it's your responsibility, what documents are required? I can understand the landlord not handing over a house book, or other official documents, to a stranger, but if they refuse to hand over these documents, and refuse to resister you, what can you do, other than not stay there?

What happens if the landlord says they will register you, but they don't?

I haven't heard of anyone getting pulled aside at the airport for this, but these are different times in Thailand.   

Edited by KhunHeineken

12 hours ago, reargunnerph3 said:

I'm on visa exempt with a previous address report stapled in back of Aust. passport, it took 2 minutes at Jomtien Immigration to report address again with the front desk staff who usually check paperwork and give out tickets stamping and stapling the new report of address in my passport. 

Is this causing any delay there? In my experience that is the worst part of going to immigration, sometimes having to queue as far as outside into the sun. Always behind people who haven't got their act together, and too thick to even bring a pen! Seems stupid to have an uncontrolled queue jammed in that little area to get a ticket to control queuing. 

12 hours ago, KhunHeineken said:

If a tourist was to rent a condo for 1 month, which is legal, perhaps even the OP's condo, in one of the months he was away, and enter on a 30 day exemption stamp, and write the condo address on the arrival card, does the tenant / tourist have to report to immigration to submit a TM30?

TM6 arrival card doesnt count as a TM30 notificaton, you could take the TM6 as where you intend to stay. TM30 is the property reporting an alien stayed here.

I know it should be the landlord's responsibility, but let's say the landlord tells you it's your responsibility, what documents are required? I can understand the landlord not handing over a house book, or other official documents, to a stranger, but if they refuse to hand over these documents, and refuse to resister you, what can you do, other than not stay there?

Most immigration offices will accept a report from the tourist.

If the tourist goes to immigration for an extension etc, they (and/or the landlord) will get a fine for not being registered. If the tourist has no reason to visit immigration, the TM30 (or not) doesnt come up.

15 hours ago, KhunHeineken said:

There's several threads running at the moment about this issue, or similar versions of this issue, so there is no point in me starting another thread to ask a couple of quick questions. 

I chose to post my questions on this thread as it was the most on topic for my questions. 

I haven't heard of anyone getting pulled aside at the airport for this, but these are different times in Thailand.   

If you stay no more than the 30 days and have no other interaction with immigration than at the airport, the TM30 is still required but no one will know.

26 minutes ago, longball53098 said:

What to do if you loose your receipt of the TM 30?

Make a copy of the receipt and put it away somewhere as proof you had one. Immigration could then check to confirm it and give you a new receipt.

can anyone tell plan to leave country in july for 2 weeks holiday  ??? I am on retirement visa and will get retry visa when I plan to leave Thailand for japan on holiday  DO I NEEDTO SUBMIT TM30 . I OWN MY HOUSE IN THAILAND WHERE I LIVE   

20 minutes ago, Road Warrior said:

can anyone tell plan to leave country in july for 2 weeks holiday  ??? I am on retirement visa and will get retry visa when I plan to leave Thailand for japan on holiday  DO I NEEDTO SUBMIT TM30 . I OWN MY HOUSE IN THAILAND WHERE I LIVE   

That depends upon the office you would report to. Some do not require the TM30 report.

8 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

TM6 arrival card doesnt count as a TM30 notificaton, you could take the TM6 as where you intend to stay. TM30 is the property reporting an alien stayed here.

Most immigration offices will accept a report from the tourist.

If the tourist goes to immigration for an extension etc, they (and/or the landlord) will get a fine for not being registered. If the tourist has no reason to visit immigration, the TM30 (or not) doesnt come up.

Ok. 

I can just see the day when people staying in privately rented condos, or a friend's condo, will be pulled aside at the airport and fined 800 baht, like what is happening in some immigration offices.

If a tourist is prepared to do the TM30 themselves, don't they need the house book and the owner's ID card etc? 

If the owner can not, or will not, give these to the tenant, and the owner will not register the tenant, what can be done about it? 

Can an agent do a TM30 in these circumstances? 

Edited by KhunHeineken

5 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

If you stay no more than the 30 days and have no other interaction with immigration than at the airport, the TM30 is still required but no one will know.

I understand what you are saying, but as I said in the previous post, how can a tourist abide by this law if the owner doesn't register them, and the owner doesn't supply the house book, ID card etc? 

How would a tenant even know that they have been registered, or not, until they go to immigration for an extension? 

21 hours ago, longball53098 said:

What to do if you loose your receipt of the TM 30? Should I go to my local IM and submit  a new TM 30? Whats docs are required? Been at same house for 10 years. My wife is house master.

Make a copy of it when you first get it. Or better still take a picture with your phone and store it on the cloud. (Or equivalent). I have a folder full of all this, including passport, Extension, TM 6, driving licences and other official gumpth. 

• Like 1