Have you had a traumatic, strange, terrifying or humorous experience whilst living in Thailand and would like to share it with the public.

Syduan

If so, after having spent 29 years in Thailand, I have finally decided to write a book.

If you would like to be a part of it, please message me or send your written contributions to <email edited out> and I'll get back to you.

images (1).jpg

Edited by metisdead
18) You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or web/Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses in posts or signatures.

My very first trip in 2004.  Had a great 10 days.  Did mostly touristy things.  A soapy once, went to Nong Nooch, the crocodile park, a few nights out, swam in the pool, went to Ko Lahn.  Just a great relaxing time.  Heck, I marveled at the Post Office in Pattaya where one could actually sit down, get a numbered ticket, they call out the number and also have a big display listing the number. In Palm Beach Florida my home, the old folks have to stand in line.

My last night I wandered down the street and saw the balloons outside a bar advertising a pig roast.  That was the first time I had seen that.  I stopped in, had a beer, bought a drink or two for one of the hosts, ate my fill, was getting ready to go back to my hotel for an early night as I was flying out in the morning.   I knew the host wanted to go out with me, but I was not interested and was ready to leave.  Just then a very attractive lady came in.  I really liked her.  We chatted a bit.  She had worked in the USA in a Thai restaurant.  She relayed how hard and long she worked, how little money she made, etc.  I told her good, please tell your friends that not all farangs are rich and tell them how hard many have to work.  Anyway, I decided I would ask her out for the night and I told her I would tip her friend for her time and hoped her friend would not be too mad.    She said "why don't you take both of us out"?  I said, no, I want an early night and I am too tired.  She said: "No problem, you lay down, we do for you"!

Now, how can you not like that? 

• Like 2

There have been many tales over the years but there is one that sticks in my mind.

About 12 months ago it was. The day started as normal. The only little problem was between wife and daughter over her being slow to eat her brekkies. Daughter went off to school and the wife did food for me and went to the Buddha.

When she returned about nine she settled down to watch TV. But,,,, she couldn't find the remote control. I helped her search. Just couldn't find it. So, wifey was a bit more touchy than normal all day.

The daughter arrived home from school at four-thirty. Wifey asked her if she had seen the remote. "No!"

About an hour later I was going to the kitchen and there was the remote; right in front of the TV. I called wifey. "There it is love. Been there all the time." Shen mumbled something about 'peelew'. and turned on the TV.

Thailand; land of mystery!!!!!!!!

38 minutes ago, Troy William Schlitter said:

Was bit on the ankle by 3 .5 centimeter Duckhup while living in Mae Wang, Chiang area, was in surgery within 24 hours. I had 2 surgeries to remove my dead and gangrenous tissue from the septicemia that almost killed me, Great surgeon, great hospital and staff.

Afte first sugery 2.jpg

After surger 2-a.jpg

After Suture removal.jpg

Aftersurgery 2-b.jpg

Aftr fist surgery 1.jpg

Ater surgery 2-3.jpg

Holy cr.. ! That was from a centipede!

Have you had a traumatic, strange, terrifying or humorous experience whilst living in Thailand

When the condom broke,

When the lady turned out to be a ladyboy,

Every time I went on the road,

When I got married ( that joke was on me )

When I realised that the in laws stole everything they could from me.

Seriously, almost every day was an adventure of some sort, but It'd take months to write it all down.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Troy William Schlitter said:

Was bit on the ankle by 3 .5 centimeter Duckhup while living in Mae Wang, Chiang area, was in surgery within 24 hours. I had 2 surgeries to remove my dead and gangrenous tissue from the septicemia that almost killed me, Great surgeon, great hospital and staff.

Afte first sugery 2.jpg

After surger 2-a.jpg

After Suture removal.jpg

Aftersurgery 2-b.jpg

Aftr fist surgery 1.jpg

Ater surgery 2-3.jpg

Ouch..

6 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Plenty of material in this forum

Based on my experience of Thailand I don't think it necessary to make up stories here as fact is more often stranger and more interesting than fiction.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Have you had a traumatic, strange, terrifying or humorous experience whilst living in Thailand

When the condom broke,

When the lady turned out to be a ladyboy,

Every time I went on the road,

When I got married ( that joke was on me )

When I realised that the in laws stole everything they could from me.

Seriously, almost every day was an adventure of some sort, but It'd take months to write it all down.

Exactly.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I've already written a book/ paper back about my life in general not just Thailand for my kids & grankids to read if they want.

The first thing that came to mind about Thailand was humorous because girly scene and accidents are common place.

I think family things with frangies and the way many Thais think about us or understand, that is important and this maybe of interest.

I bought some farmland for my wife from her sister because as usual she needed money.

Fencing it to one side I liked it with all the beaut tall Eucalyptus trees midway and down the opposite side.

We went back to UK to finish up and for me to retire and return to our house we had already built in the village.

Driving out to see how the farmland was doing, looking from the road something was missing.

There was about a metre high of grass and shrubs but no trees l turned and looked at my wife she was not happy.

After a confrontation with her sister apparently her sister wanted more money so cut all the trees down and sold them.

My disappointment turn into a smile thinking of my wife sister saying in her Thai way defence, " I sold you the land I didn't sell you the trees."  ????        

Nice one, might use it some where.

6 hours ago, owl sees all said:

There have been many tales over the years but there is one that sticks in my mind.

About 12 months ago it was. The day started as normal. The only little problem was between wife and daughter over her being slow to eat her brekkies. Daughter went off to school and the wife did food for me and went to the Buddha.

When she returned about nine she settled down to watch TV. But,,,, she couldn't find the remote control. I helped her search. Just couldn't find it. So, wifey was a bit more touchy than normal all day.

The daughter arrived home from school at four-thirty. Wifey asked her if she had seen the remote. "No!"

About an hour later I was going to the kitchen and there was the remote; right in front of the TV. I called wifey. "There it is love. Been there all the time." Shen mumbled something about 'peelew'. and turned on the TV.

Thailand; land of mystery!!!!!!!!

I still use that as an excuse.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2019 at 10:32 AM, Kwasaki said:

My disappointment turn into a smile thinking of my wife sister saying in her Thai way defence, " I sold you the land I didn't sell you the trees."  ????        

Reminds me of the used car dealer Kevin Dennis in Oz. As the story goes, a customer bought a car which ran out of fuel about 400 metres after he drove it out of the car lot. Traipsing back to the sales office, he said to the salesman who had sold him the car 'Hey mate, the tank's empty." The salesman said "We sell cars. We don't sell petrol".

• Haha 1

I've had 2 machete attacks from women I was living with, the first was a naked drunk woman chasing me around the garden.

And my wife and I both saw a ghost in our bedroom one night, very bright light hanging over our bed, woke us both up.

When i first moved to the farm here one of the local Thai neigbours used to come over and borrow some tools but he always brought them back.

After awhile he got very sick and we all thought he was not going to survive.

A few months later i heard his motobike coming up the driveway

and he came to the house to talk to me.

We had some coffee and he told me he was doing a lot better and was going back the same day doing the evening shift.

He said when he was really ill he wanted to come see me and ask if his ghost was allowed to come into our garden in case he died.He liked our trees and said it was peaceful here.

I told him sure you are always welcome here,he thanked me and left.

He went to work that evening and passed away at work.

It did not strike me until a few years ago some people seemed afraid to come here.The ask if there are any ghosts around and i tell them'good people do not need to be scared'

Some people wont come here.

I guess in away he is taking care of us.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:07 AM, Troy William Schlitter said:

I had a dose of septicemia last year caused by something as simple as a puncture wound on my toe from a dog stepping on me.

Went to the doctor early as I thought the swollen leg was another attack of DVT. A couple of courses of strong antibiotics cleared it up.

Don't Ignore symptoms, it can lead to traumatic damage as indicated above.

After my last post I did make the assumption he was talking about a centipede. Quite a small one to inflict such damage.

On 5/2/2019 at 9:07 AM, Troy William Schlitter said:

3 .5 centimeter Duckhup

what the hell is that?

you could have a leading role in Walking Dead and Game of Thrones man.

Congratulation on recovery