Local elections deliver Brexit bashing for Britain's May and opposition

rooster59

9 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Hows the youth unemployment in Portugal these days??
Mind you..the chicken piri piri is cheap..should go down well with you

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

youth unemployment is not an issue at my age (51) but my partner assures me there is work for the folks who want it as is usually the case,i have noticed several times cafes/bars/restaurants adverting in windows for staff which is in line with her statement,is there plenty of "work" available in your wifes "office" at the moment? is business boom boom ing

Edited by bomber
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

You will be able to meet up with Nadia Cann
For Brexiters abroad, this is another sticking point. Nadia Cann, 39, has lived in the Algarve for nine years and thinks Britain would be better off out of the EU.

Her brother-in-law is Portuguese, lives in the UK and claims benefits. She doesn’t agree with it.

https://www.ft.com/content/877e1c96-2cce-11e6-bf8d-26294ad519fc

i see it was from before the vote,at the bottom it states these folks "could" lose 20% of the value of sterling with a leave victory,well it wasnt to far off,i wonder if these turkeys are enjoying the wallets being €10-20k or more lighter,as for a portuguese individual claiming a benefit it the UK not really interested we had this conversation on here a while back and after my research i found there are more than enough Brits doing similar in the EU,a fact that was a shock was that there are 3x more brits claiming benefits in Eire than there are irish in the UK,so one dubious example of a individual pretty much means nothing.nadia could well be back in the UK claiming benefits herself due to brexit and her purse taking a battering,how ironic

12 minutes ago, evadgib said:

The Brexit party weren't formed in time to contest the local elections because they didn't know May was going to move the goalposts again. In doing so she/they awakened a sleeping bear who's clout will be fully revealed by the end of the month, or should I say the end of... MAY! ????

cannot see what its going to achieve,a few bulldogs barking in the EU parliament when they dont agree with what it stands for,akin to a robber breaking into a jail,farage forming this party has played right into the govts hands,if you want your brexit you will have to vote for it at the next GE,how many would want to go through it all again? many will return to Labour and the tories or the libdems

7 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

in 2015 there were 65,000 EU nationals claiming UK JSA including 6,210 Portuguese nationals while the numbers on UK nationals claiming JSA in Europe was 30,000 numbers of UK nationals claiming JSA in Portgual was 233

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jan/19/-sp-thousands-britons-claim-benefits-eu

5 times more brits claiming in eire,4 times more in germany,workers moving to wealthier countries to find work is no shock,hence portuguese will come to the UK as will spanish,poles,etc they will do the work our benefit scroungers wont do,a few will abuse it as we know,word spreads fast amongst the idle and we have more than our share

Revealed_ thousands of Britons on benefits across EU _ UK news _ The Guardian.html

i much prefer a night out in edinboro than glasgow,ive never been fond of fencing [emoji1787]
But of course.Edinburgh would be more your thing..plenty buckie n all the gear you can handle..sandyf could keep you right ...many diversity activities 24 hours a day.
Right up your street..big time.

Just now, malagateddy said:

But of course.Edinburgh would be more your thing..plenty buckie n all the gear you can handle..sandyf could keep you right ...many diversity activities 24 hours a day.
Right up your street..big time.

i cannot handle 24 hour drinking,i will leave that to locals with the red noses and the shakes,iam a moderate drinker i want to live to see your age,i dont want a red nose though ???? 

13 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Brexit bankrolled by a handful of tax shy Billionaires, Multimillionaires and hedge-fund managers.

Be assured, they have their own and the interests of their hyper wealthy chums in mind.

Employing Old Etonians to con cap differs to back them is pure genius.

You are being played and you are begging for more.

The remainers are bankrolled by the likes of Soras, with the verbal support of other non Brits,such as yourself. 

While the Brits who actually took part in the people’s referendum, voted with a majority of more than one million, to leave this so called union.

What I cannot understand, is why any supporters of the E.u. would wish for the U.K. to remain shackled to this terrible onion. They should realise that while the U.K. is in the E.u. we will NEVER accept it. 

17186379-9DEB-4A3E-A044-1EEB22C33B16.jpeg

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, bomber said:

5 times more brits claiming in eire,4 times more in germany,workers moving to wealthier countries to find work is no shock,hence portuguese will come to the UK as will spanish,poles,etc they will do the work our benefit scroungers wont do,a few will abuse it as we know,word spreads fast amongst the idle and we have more than our share

Revealed_ thousands of Britons on benefits across EU _ UK news _ The Guardian.html 1.06 MB · 0 downloads

Not according to the report in the Guardian Claiming JSA Portgual 6,210, Italy 3,500, lithuania 4,080, slovakia,6.690, Spain 3,870

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, transam said:

Where, you pointed out stuff regarding folk living in LOS, I live in LOS so I presume I come under your comment and you live in a perfect country in every respect....You can tell us you know, I won't reveal your name ......????

TV posters ,   living in LOS,  not many ..

Cold in the Shires tonight , frost expected .

Long Johns , close at hand. One cannot be too care careful. ie Brexit .

Lesson learned , God save us ..

Edited by elliss

14 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Brexit bankrolled by a handful of tax shy Billionaires, Multimillionaires and hedge-fund managers.

Be assured, they have their own and the interests of their hyper wealthy chums in mind.

Employing Old Etonians to con cap differs to back them is pure genius.

You are being played and you are begging for more.

You will find that the remainers are financially supported by many rich non Brits,such as George Soras, able verbally championed, as on these Brexit  threads, by you and many other none Brits. While on the other hand the British people participated in the largest Democratic vote in our history, and they voted by a majority of more than one million to exit this so called union.

What I cannot understand is why those who support the E.u. Would wish for us to remain, do they not understand that the Brits will NEVER accept our evolvement in this Undemocratic club. And the longer we remain in, we will continue to encourage and argue for it’s death.

E7CA1A89-9483-4EA4-9E8C-F182FB75C4A1.jpeg

Edited by nontabury
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Not according to the report in the Guardian Claiming JSA Portgual 6,210, Italy 3,500, lithuania 4,080, slovakia,6.690, Spain 3,870

Vinny ,  how is your mate Farage , going to respond to his UKip failures.?

Probably lubricating his piped pipers flute. He is finished .

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, bomber said:

the hot spots are mainly in london,if you hadnt noticed capitol cities always have a more diverse population, now we really are going back to basics

Bradford, Leicester, Birmingham. I could go on. Though what’s this got to do with Britexit I do not know. Could it have anything to do with the imput of remoaners,who are afraid that should the influx of Eastern European’s be curtailed, their places may be taken by darker coloured people from non E.u. Countries.

Edited by nontabury
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Spidey said:

If article 50 were revoked we wouldn't "rejoin" the EU, we'd stay in it. Conditions wouldn't change.

That’s what 17,400,000 + people are afraid of.

4153818B-8691-436A-8130-D28DCCC21E80.jpeg

• Like 2