Local elections deliver Brexit bashing for Britain's May and opposition

rooster59

3 hours ago, nontabury said:

Bradford, Leicester, Birmingham. I could go on. Though what’s this got to do with Britexit I do not know. Could it have anything to do with the imput of remoaners,who are afraid that should the influx of Eastern European’s be curtailed, their places may be taken by darker coloured people from non E.u. Countries.

all 3 named places are over flowing with folks from the British empire,we had a similar uproar back then,it will all blow over again,tommy and farage wont be receiving any OBEs or MBEs anytime soon

3 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

You've seen some adverts in Portugal's café windows for jobs, so the Portuguese economy must be fine ???? 

I think we're seeing the birth of a new phrase - Bombernomics 

bombernomics have served him well over the years,what about yours

3 hours ago, nontabury said:

From reading these Brexit threads, it would seem that many of the Brits who voted to remain, did it purely with selfish interest. bomber being a prime example. When he’s left to go to live in Portugal, I wonder if he’ll acknowledged that his adopted country,relies heavily of the charitable contributions of the U.K taxpayers. That’s of course unless we leave the E.u. then he will depart for an even poorer country, that may not wish to grant him a residents visa.

bomber didnt vote,bomber saw the the BS that Bojo and Farage etc had preached within weeks of the result,total unprepared thoughtless sketch of an idea,helped by the trash rag the sun read the link below if in doubt, Visa will never be required for portugal as for portugal being poor it wont matter my partner is well off by portuguese standards and iam well off by UK standards,i await your next pile of pap,oh btw could you tell me again why you had to return to the UK from thailand

Papers' phone-hacking bill 'could reach £1bn' - BBC News.html

Edited by bomber

7 hours ago, evadgib said:

The Brexit party weren't formed in time to contest the local elections because they didn't know May was going to move the goalposts again. In doing so she/they awakened a sleeping bear who's clout will be fully revealed by the end of the month, or should I say the end of... MAY! ????

Why would a Brexiteer vote in the Euro elections? If you're so convinced that we're leaving what would be the point of electing an MEP? Euro elections always have the lowest turnouts of any election. Expect no different this time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Aspaltso said:

I'm making this comment as someone who watches Bloomberg news and reads a lot about geo-political going ons in the world. Getting further away from the European Union and its ridiculous rules and laws will be nothing but a benefit for Britain. How they decide to do that or if they decide to do that is the most important question at this time.

Sounds like in one ear and out the other.

6 hours ago, nontabury said:

From reading these Brexit threads, it would seem that many of the Brits who voted to remain, did it purely with selfish interest. bomber being a prime example. When he’s left to go to live in Portugal, I wonder if he’ll acknowledged that his adopted country,relies heavily of the charitable contributions of the U.K taxpayers. That’s of course unless we leave the E.u. then he will depart for an even poorer country, that may not wish to grant him a residents visa.

Hard Brexiteers instead of being selfish prefer to shoot themselves in the sterling foot.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nontabury said:

The remainers are bankrolled by the likes of Soras, with the verbal support of other non Brits,such as yourself. 

While the Brits who actually took part in the people’s referendum, voted with a majority of more than one million, to leave this so called union.

What I cannot understand, is why any supporters of the E.u. would wish for the U.K. to remain shackled to this terrible onion. They should realise that while the U.K. is in the E.u. we will NEVER accept it.

There's so much the Hard Brexiteers cannot understand. But never mind. On the margins with their Conspiracy junk.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, evadgib said:

We are leaving. All remain are achieving is to ensure we're shackled and worse off than we ever were while in.

You lot are your own biggest enemies.

And how is this relevant to my post? It's not. Another puerile attempt at deflection by an increasingly desperate and marginalised Brexiteer.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, bomber said:

not worried about anything,Brits will still be welcome in portugal as the portuguese govt have already stated,i will be made a lot more welcome than you will by your thai masters ???? your choice of residence has been on a downward spiral for a good 5-10 years ????

Really, are you referring to my shed.....????

Oh, so Portugal has stated you will have nooooo problems...

The UK said the people will have their Brexit in March this year...????

But your a ....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

The UK said the people will have their Brexit in March this year.

And it didn't happen. It's now looking increasingly likely that it will never happen. Prepare to fail.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

It is completely relevant. My mistake was in crediting you with understanding why & how.

Do explain. Now there's a challenge for you.

24 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The latest Brexiteer demand is just Leave with no deal, a course of action that was only ever meant as a threat to get a deal.

No sane person believes leaving without a deal is anything but self harm and yet you have the effrontery to come on here accusing Remain supporters of being their own biggest enemy.

Brexit failed to plan, planned to fail.

If you backed Brexit, you backed this failure, quit this garbage of claiming the very people who opposed this idiocy are the cause of this mess.

More of those oh so original cliches from you Chomper?

There's a shock for a Sunday morning, a shock mirrored by Farage at the end of this month for which you can expect an "I told you so!" ????

• Like 1

Vinny ,  how is your mate Farage , going to respond to his UKip failures.?
      Probably lubricating his piped pipers flute. He is finished .

Elliss..please try and keep up with the times.
Our wonderful Mr Farage has had NOTHING to do with Ukip.
There is now an all singing and dancing BREXIT organisation..namely the Brexit Party.
Our Nigel heads that up.
Maybe google " the Brexit Party "..develope and expand your knowledge.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 2

You've seen some adverts in Portugal's café windows for jobs, so the Portuguese economy must be fine [emoji1787] 

I think we're seeing the birth of a new phrase - Bombernomics 
Just maybe bummer..oops bomber and his partner will advertise themselves as British Influencers..it's all the craze just now I'm told.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, evadgib said:

More of those oh so original cliches from you Chomper?

There's a shock for a Sunday morning, a shock mirrored by Farage at the end of this month for which you can expect an "I told you so!" ????

Elections for MEPs have always been a damp sqib. Very low turnouts, mainly by people with extreme views.

Farage may or may not preform well in the Euro elections, it's in no way a representation of the feelings of the general public. The outcome will be ignored, just as it always has been. An irrelevance.

12 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Hard Brexiteer Dreamland

Only with the use of the word 'millenia". The rest is looking likely now. ????

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, malagateddy said:

Big voting turnout I think..a wonderful chance to " kick into " the 2 lying scummy back-stabbing political oddities ie..tories and labour..and give them a massive portion of food for thought.

Thanks for that Mr Meme. (You need to get some new ones, repeating the same memes again and again is boring) .

Why would either of them care about the election of MEPs if we're leaving the EU shortly?

Or maybe you and they now realise that we're probably not leaving after all.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

"From Labour to a far lesser degree" this is factually inaccurate. Both Conservative and Labour share of the vote dropped by 7%, from 35% to 28%. The Tories lost far more SEATS because (As prof John Curtis explained) they had far more vulnerable seats to loose. In fact the Tories had already accepted that they would get a hammering. What was more surprising was the drubbing the LP received. I guess millions are now fed up with Corbyn's fence sitting Europhobia.

I don't think that the Brexit party should bother finding 650 candidates. In Scotland for a start they would be torn to shreds. Last time Farage was there he had to be rescued, because a large number of decent and noble citizens had the lying conman surrounded in a pub.  

noble citizens ????

• Like 1