UK PM May looking at second Brexit vote options if talks fail - Telegraph

webfact

18 minutes ago, nauseus said:

He is but he as far as the negotiations went he was LINO (Leading In Name Only) but increasingly undermined by May and the CS. I'm really surprised that Barnier did not complain about that. for time-wasting - ha ha!

So there was a brexiteer heading the negotiations. Time to admit there was nothing much to negotiate about, EU held and still holds all the cards.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Find playing the victim card quite absurd after all the things the Brexiters has been saying about my country.

I find, for some, playing the intellectual card, given their knowledge and standing, even more absurd.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, transam said:

We MANAGED didn't we....?

In fact in the 50's I recall they were very happy times, we could even leave our front doors open....Can you now...?

You are scaremongering...

I can remember many trhousands of people living in Prefabricated houses (prefabs) which were only supposed to be temporary accommodation but continued to be used for many years afterwards.

The fifties were a very tough time (some rationing went on into the 50s). It trook the UK many years to fully recover from WW2.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Fruit Trader said:

Time for some reminders from Pat.

Random old bloke on YouTube used to bore everybody down the pub now he has a pulpit on YouTube drunk on the sound of his own droning voice. We, we , we not in my name.....mate we have a sovereign parliament and that's that. He needs a holiday in Thailand to calm himself down....

12 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Random old bloke on YouTube used to bore everybody down the pub now he has a pulpit on YouTube drunk on the sound of his own droning voice. We, we , we not in my name.....mate we have a sovereign parliament and that's that. He needs a holiday in Thailand to calm himself down....

Yep that old bloke down the pub

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Condell

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Well the British public voted this lofty ideal as a failure and want no further part in this anti democratic expensive fraud, we want our country back.

Rubbish. You think 17 million out of 65 million could be democratic, think again.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, aright said:

Lets not forget in 1957 Harold Macmillan said "most of our people have never had it so good".

And ordinary working people cried with laughter. Typical Tory completely out of touch with ordinary working people.

First motorway, Preston bypass. I remember ny uncle taking me down it in his van, days after it had opened. Middle of the day and it was virtually deserted. Unfortunately, at that time, most ordinary working folk didn't have a car.

Brexit, if it happens will be the same. it will be the ordinary working man that takes most of the pain. The middle classes will get by and the upper classes, the likes of Johnson and Gove and their Bullingdon club mates, will be looking down on us scum and laughing their cocks off.

Edited by Spidey
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, aright said:

I think you are half right. At the beginning of the 50's many of our major cities were bombed out, we were financially exhausted, rationing still existed and there was an acute shortage of decent housing, yet in less than 10 years everything changed possibly more than any other post war decade. The economy boomed, wages soared and unemployment virtually disappeared and the first motorway was opened in 1958. Council estates were created, supermarkets made an appearance, the Festival of Britain happened.

Lets not forget in 1957 Harold Macmillan said "most of our people have never had it so good".

Mainly because we joined the EU in 1973.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Ever since the Article 50 was initiated, you have been fully on your own, negotiating first with the EU for the initial Brexit deal (the much harder real deal is to be seen if it comes). You have also been negotiating internally since the Brexit deal was agreed between EU member states and UK government. 

On the scale from 1 to 10, what kind of grade would you give to your fully independent UK's performance?

In the EU we are used to make the compromises and make sure that even the minorities are listened and treated well. UK decided to simply ignore the 48%, which has pretty much caused all these delays and sorrow. 

We this....we that....????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

We this....we that....????

Yes and we are used to make the compromises and make sure that even the minorities are listened and treated well.

How are the yellow vests getting on these days?

• Like 1

Leavers, please tell me what personal benefits you will obtain if Brexit happens.  We've won the cup springs to mind, but hell with the consequences.

And there will be. Mostly detrimental. Correction. All detrimental.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1