Thailand Out, New World in

5 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

I was super acclimatised to it all. I got to my hometown to days like this and then proceeded to kick myself hard for not seeing it for what it was. 

CB8099AB-1006-46F4-B42E-6795FB370E72.jpeg

2A95236C-FD9A-4895-AE19-2022B41C6E01.jpeg

Is that Australia? Looks great.

15 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

Gold Coast region, Australia

And here the truth about Australian beaches ... feel free to use any search engine to get more examples ????

FFC_28-01-2011_EGN_02_28beach rubbish1_t640.jpg

images (1).jpeg

51 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The agents thing is a can of worms.

If you're using an agent only to handle clerical stuff, etc. then of course it's not illegal.

If you're using an agent to "qualify" for financial requirements that you're not really qualified for, at the very least that is participation in corruption.

Is there any blowback risk from doing that? I think there is. It may not be high, but it isn't nothing either. 

Your third paragraph JT, how can anything be illegal or corruption when certain top brass IOs are taking part in it, are they doing it behind their bosses backs? I don't think so.

Once an IO top brass is convicted, named, and punished, then I will accept that it is illegal.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, soistalker said:

My Vietnam Visa is $185 per year, given by a polite and smiling vietnamese consulate. Last year, same same. I do not need to leave the country for a year. I do not need to refister my address. I do not need to go to immigration the day after I arrive in country. I do not need go to immigration every 90 days. And I dont need to marry a good-for-nothing ex-slapper lazy woman to make it easier for me to stay here. No one every yells at me. No one is violent. No one is nasty to me. And I dont have smelly men clapping at me as I walk by. I can ride a motorcycle without being run down by an immature driver who will not follow the law because me, ME, ME! I can walk down the beach at night with ZERO fear of being murdered by a "Burmese" who will bludgeon me before he rapes my wife and bludgeon her.

"do not need to go to immigration the day after I arrive in country. I do not need go to immigration every 90 days"

oh what a drama queen! this can be done by mail.  I agree about the slapper though 

1 minute ago, madmen said:

"do not need to go to immigration the day after I arrive in country. I do not need go to immigration every 90 days"

oh what a drama queen! this can be done by mail.  I agree about the slapper though 

You can do a TM30 by mail? No.

I do not get it. "Times are a changin", yet almost every bullet point I could tell has been in place for eons. 

I don't think much is changing myself. I am still going through the same exact visa routine I was 10 years ago. 

I do think people change however. 

40 minutes ago, CH1961 said:

And here the truth about Australian beaches ... feel free to use any search engine to get more examples ????

FFC_28-01-2011_EGN_02_28beach rubbish1_t640.jpg

images (1).jpeg

That happens on new years eve parties and Australia day but you can also see paid workers cleaning it up . Whats wrong with second pic? looks like bondi beach during a holiday eg Australia day or Boxing day

This is Bondi Beach taken by a camera with more than 2 pixels ????

bondi.jpg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

don't think much is changing myself. I am still going through the same exact visa routine I was 10 years ago. 

10 years back I arrived from the UK with a 1 year VISA in my passport, cost 120GBP from Birmingham consulate, not available now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, onera1961 said:

I Have been saying the same for a long time. If not for cheap sex with twenty years younger girls which is almost impossible or extremely expensive in the West, Thailand does not provide any value for your money. It is a dump, plain and simple.

Agreed, but you are wrong about prices for prostitutes in "the West", whatever that means:

Sweden totally illegal

Germany 30 euro ST, cheaper than Bangkok

Edited by uhuh

2 minutes ago, uhuh said:

Agreed, but you are wrong about prices for prostitutes in "the West", whatever that means:

Sweden totally illegal

Germany 30 euro ST, cheaper than Bangkok

Sure but will she hold hands taking long romantic walks telling you that your first farang she fall in love with and how first time she have orgasm with farang and.....she stop work and wait you come back if you pay 20k baht per month? These are all free extras in Thailand

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Lacessit said:

True and false in the OP's statements. Certainly it is true air quality in CM currently is as bad as I have seen it in ten years.

On the other hand, landlords are falling over one another to get decent tenants in CM. My rental cost has gone down. There are hundreds of even cheaper options

if I wanted to move.

Other costs seem to be quite stable. Fruit and vegetables in season are always cheap. I'm paying the same for basics such as bread and beer as 10 years ago.

There are always options. Foul air can be beaten with aircon and an air purifier. A bit more on the electricity bill.

I guess everyone's tolerance for government BS varies from person to person. I pay people to absorb the stress of dealing with a###holes for me.

The only dealbreaker for me here is if health insurance is made compulsory, because I would not be considered by any insurance company.

Foul air can be beaten with aircon and an air purifier

This is total BS!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, madmen said:

That happens on new years eve parties and Australia day but you can also see paid workers cleaning it up . Whats wrong with second pic? looks like bondi beach during a holiday eg Australia day or Boxing day

This is Bondi Beach taken by a camera with more than 2 pixels ????

bondi.jpg

And proud Thais are like, "Pffft! That nothing. Look at OUR beaches!"

10 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

This is great point. I am back in the US at the moment, leaving tomorrow to return home. The prices in the US have gone through the roof. I have sticker shock. Almost nothing is cheaper here than in Thailand despite steep discounts in discount stores...medicines are out of sight, even generics.....stores like CVS and Rite Aid no longer offer generic OTC meds....they have the original brand at a huge price and then their own brand at 5% less....omeprazole (generic for decades and costs 70 baht for 14 capsules, is over $28 for name brand and over $25 for the Rite Aid equivalent. Gas is over $3:00 a gallon ie around 25 baht a litre. Beer has gone to $10 bucks a six pack. I go tp the supermarket Shop Rite (brilliant election of foods) and walk out with a couple of bags of shopping for $70.....and then go back the next day for the same thing. I honestly don't know how folks manage on less than $150,000 a year.

I like these stories about people popping into the US for a trip and making up all kinds of wild stories

I use OTC meds and there is always a generic brand somewhere, plus copays for many is only $2 if you have insurance.

Gas is much more expensive in Thailand as are vehicles.

Beer at Walmart and other large stores it all depends on the brand, however, if you to drink beer that tastes like Thai beer (piss), there are tons of cheap beer

Nothing reported here is even close to the truth.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1