Recommend any extremely competent, low key Thai immigration lawyers in Bangkok?

Hello - I'm in need of a new, competent, no drama, proactive Thailand immigration attorney in Bangkok.

My first lawyer, American, made Shakespearian dramas on Broadway look like flatlining by comparison. I've never seen histrionics like that in my life. Scary actually. 

My second lawyer, Thai, was absolutely wonderful but she left the firm. And nobody told me for three months until I went down there to ask <deleted>? They had no record of me despite a hefty retainer. 

The surviving lawyers in that firm are utterly incompetent and we're back to Drama 101. Don't want that. 

I have my 12 month visa - now 11 months since the replacement attorneys filed the 90 day report much too soon - so all that's needed in the short term is someone to take care of my 90 day reports until 8 or 9 months from now. 

Please PM me if that's possible? with any recommendations you might have, and if it's not too intrusive, why you recommend them.  Thank you!

Edited by Vermillionline
  • Confused 1

These sorts of requests rarely, if ever, result in a recommendation, save perhaps by PM.

They're often met with questions like 

14 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Why do you need a lawyer anyway?

or "Tell us the messy details of your situation and while we can't help we'll certainly try our best to insult you."

I'd wait and see if you get any PMs, failing that do a broader search, on the interwebs and esp. on FaceBook.

• Like 1

It seems lawyers are making it difficult,when really it's so

easy to do yourself,did my last extension in 1.5 hours,thats

from collecting letter at bank,traveling to Immigration,been

processed and out the door,and that was at Chiang Mai which

in the past used to be a nightmare,thanks Big Joke,90 days I

do online ,max 5 mins.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

I saw somebody in on nut advertising 300 baht for 90-day report. Cant beat that. 

Did mine online for nothing but a few minutes time. Did the wife's by mail total 21 baht plus envelopes and ink.

46 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

I saw somebody in on nut advertising 300 baht for 90-day report. Cant beat that. 

Probably the going rate but by the time you drop your passport to the agent, sign, pay, return to pick it up etc.

Its the same amount of work/time as doing it yourself.

1 hour ago, onera1961 said:

As far as I know that is the going price in Pattaya also. If you get your entire extension done by an agent here then the 90-day reports are usually included in the price of the extension. They can do that because they go to Immigration every day and so to carry one extra passport is no big deal.

Lawyers make simple things appear difficult so that they can charge more. They are to be avoided.

• Like 1

Thanks, everyone. Your comments all make sense and are much appreciated. Good news tonight as my former attorney rang me to say my immigration stuff could be ported over to the new job. This attorney is exceptional in every respect - legal, personal, financial, logistical - and exceptional anything is hard to come by. I'm happily stockpiling any recommendations though because you never know what the future may hold. 

You're right, of course. I don't need an attorney. But I'm busy, and I hate the immigration office in BKK, and by the time the Grab driver or taxi charges me the rush hour price and wandering around in a no-comprendo haze trying to figure out what goes where, the attorney lowers my blood pressure. They pick up and return my passport from my building by messenger. You're quite right that the 90 day reports can be done online and I will see if that's a realistic option for me with no Thai speaker around to help. I also wonder about the database security of online forms....

• Like 1