Health insurance mandatory for long-stay foreigners in Thailand

webfact

2 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

I see  the 1 million in the bank requirement, just round the corner .

How much for the house, cash only, 

Am I reading you correct - the love affair is over living full time there ????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lingba said:

No...and it may be a while..as it will probably take them 5 years to figure out how to implement all the details as well as try and figure out how they can put into play how to extract more money under the table out of foreigners...then there is the inconsistency that already exists in how rules are interpreted from one immigration office to the next...No two offices in Thailand exercise the rules the same way

That seems overly optimistic. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rodknock said:

i am 71 and a couple of quotes were 80,000 to 94,000baht.

this on top of my monthly 65,000baht for immigration

i guess i am <deleted>!!

Go back home - come back as a visitor 4 X a year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Can't imagine it's much fun for a 71 year old to have to travel like that 4 times a year.

24 hours each way and a load of hassle on planes, trains and automobiles.

Well stay at home (wherever that was) and don't travel. You make the choice.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Melbun said:

It's stupid NOT to have health insurance when living in a foreign country long term. This is a great move by the Thai's. Maybe also the premiums can be taken out of the bank accounts of farang long term residents on a yearly basis. Hmmm more farangs going back home to free nhs system I'd say. Rapidly getting to the point where the night nightlife and all the temple visiting ain't worth the hassle / hustle of staying full time. Many will revert to 4 (yearly) visits instead. Makes sense. Best of both worlds.

Sure , you can take out the premium, as long as it doesn't interfere with the 800k/5/6 months, or your balance go beyond 400k.

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Geez seriously??

Kind of pushing things isn´t it?

This thread will go on for many pages with 99% of the attacks on the Government, ins. companies and immigration.

Very naive and not real.

The fact is this had been talked about for several years do to the irresponsible, low life expats who do not pay their hospital bills.  That is the truth but all the BS will continue....

It doesn't solve that problem. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gunderhill said:

So how many are going to be leaving now, what exactly s a NON O -A I have a visa which just states NON O married to a  Thai (no other letters  after it) been on it for 6  years.

Perhaps someone can clarify if  it  will  apply to me?

A non imm o-a multi entry visa is obtained via a Thai Embassy or Consulate in your home country and gotten be purchased in Thailand. You have an extension of stay based on marriage.

55 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Has anyone obtained health insurance within Thailand? If so, did you have to provide your medical records from your home country or was a medical examination required by the insurer prior to the policy commencing?

I have had AIA insurance here before they just take you too a designated hospital you have a check up they sign a certificate to say all is good that's about it.