Bar host stabbed to death on Bangla Road

webfact

Bar host stabbed to death on Bangla Road

By Waranya Prompinpiras

1557807593_1-org.jpg

Police at the scene of the crime on Bangla Road on Monday night (May 13). Photo: Patong Police

PHUKET: A bar host working on Patong’s Bangla Rd has been stabbed to death by another host after a fight broke out between them on Monday evening (May 13).

The two men were working as freelance hosts on the island’s main nightlife strip, earning commission from various bars that they would take customers to.

Patong Police Chief Col Anotai Jindamanee told The Phuket News today (May 14), “The two men began fighting on Bangla Rd at about 9:49pm when one of them, Pakorn Pongseeda, 32, pulled out a knife and stabbed the other, Anuchet Chanwijit, 42.”

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/bar-host-stabbed-to-death-on-bangla-road-71423.php#YPyCiep4Ic7vsrei.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-05-14

Why do we have to look at the back of a farang with his hair done up like a girl?

Millennial guy no doubt. Born 1995.

Never heard of bar hosts in LOS.

Translation....soi Thai punk or tout  scamming newbie tourists and dumping them in crappy bars orgogo hovels.

Suspect charged with murder after stabbing in Patong restaurant

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

13823.jpg

A suspect has been charged after he stabbed and killed a staff member at a Patong restaurant in Bangla Road last night.

Patong Police were notified of the incident at 9.50pm last night on Bangla Road in Patong.

Police and rescue workers arrived at the scene to find the man, later identified as 42 year old Anuchet Chanwijit from Trang, covered in blood. Stab wounds were found on his stomach. He was rushed to Patong Hospital but pronounced dead on arrival.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/suspect-charged-with-murder-after-stabbing-in-patong-restaurant

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-05-14

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

Is there any law against carrying a knife?  Seems like it's the norm for Thai men to carry a knife (or a gun).

At least a law for farangs :dry:

I remember the case of a tourist couple being fined for having a Swiss army knife (multi tool) in the car.:annoyed:

1 hour ago, Lucius verus said:

Why do we have to look at the back of a farang with his hair done up like a girl?

Millennial guy no doubt. Born 1995.

Never heard of bar hosts in LOS.

Translation....soi Thai punk or tout  scamming newbie tourists and dumping them in crappy bars orgogo hovels.

How do you know it’s a guy? Could be a butch lady. 

Pffff...!

It reminds me of a book of Upton Sinclair I am just reading ,"The Jungle".

Nothing has really changed in 100+ years. 

Same territory defence fightings for a couple of bahts, to be spent in go-go bars afterwards.

Shabby business, pathetic.

2 hours ago, mok199 said:

Bar Host ???    I would call them ''touters''....

Exactly, or words like thugs, scum of the earth come to mind :Never seen touts and bar doormen as aggressive as on Soi Bangla, not even on Patpong of the old days. 

1 hour ago, madmen said:

I like the Oz and kiwi method. Punch the crap out of each other , shake hands and grab some beers...NO knives!

A lot more knife attacks in Oz over the last couple of years unfortunately. Mostly younger generation folks 

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I dare say with the numbers reduced from tourists, the competition is hotting up. Good to see it wasn't a farang for a change ????

Ah, wasn't a farang so that's okay then. <sigh> ????

2 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

A lot more knife attacks in Oz over the last couple of years unfortunately. Mostly younger generation folks 

Not easy to convince Thais that knives are not weapons as we know they use only fork and spoon for eating ....

3 hours ago, simon43 said:

Is there any law against carrying a knife?  Seems like it's the norm for Thai men to carry a knife (or a gun).

Why not? I’m 67 and I’ve been carrying a knife of one type or another every day ever since I was in Cub Scouts more than half a century ago. Most of those years it’s been a Victorinox Swiss Army Knife. Or SAK. But once in a while a sheath hunting knife of the Bowie type blade, or my M5A1 Garand bayonet/knife with its matching M8A1 scabbard.  

1 hour ago, william76 said:

Pffff...!

It reminds me of a book of Upton Sinclair I am just reading ,"The Jungle".

Nothing has really changed in 100+ years. 

Same territory defence fightings for a couple of bahts, to be spent in go-go bars afterwards.

Shabby business, pathetic.

Good book i remember reading that back in OZ about 1967!

I was in Phuket for Song Kran and stayed in a hotel close to Bangla Road. Other than the night of the 13th it was quiet. Where have all the tourists gone? I also saw many falangs hawking live sex shows and ping-pong shows. I didn't think that was legal.

4 minutes ago, Cereal said:

I was in Phuket for Song Kran and stayed in a hotel close to Bangla Road. Other than the night of the 13th it was quiet. Where have all the tourists gone? I also saw many falangs hawking live sex shows and ping-pong shows. I didn't think that was legal.

Neithers prostitution....

37 minutes ago, Catoni said:

Why not? I’m 67 and I’ve been carrying a knife of one type or another every day ever since I was in Cub Scouts more than half a century ago. Most of those years it’s been a Victorinox Swiss Army Knife. Or SAK. But once in a while a sheath hunting knife of the Bowie type blade, or my M5A1 Garand bayonet/knife with its matching M8A1 scabbard.  

I collect knives and have carried one for the past fifty years also, the "public perception" of knives has always been "strange" The vast majority of knife crime, the weapon of choice 99 out of a 100 times is a kitchen knife, especially in the UK, people don't go into a kitchen and get shocked by the presence of knives, yet they see a small folding knife and have a OMG moment - perception ????

Historically Asians don't allow knives at the table for a reason, you don't need two guesses as to why when you see observe the lack of mental stability here! :shock1:

11 minutes ago, CGW said:

I collect knives and have carried one for the past fifty years also, the "public perception" of knives has always been "strange" The vast majority of knife crime, the weapon of choice 99 out of a 100 times is a kitchen knife, especially in the UK, people don't go into a kitchen and get shocked by the presence of knives, yet they see a small folding knife and have a OMG moment - perception ????

Historically Asians don't allow knives at the table for a reason, you don't need two guesses as to why when you see observe the lack of mental stability here! :shock1:

A bayonet knife on your hip would give me an OMG too! 

Archived