Best Moped

stament

I keep reading how the quality of Honda's have gone down over the last few years. If this is the case is an older motorbike such as a dream, wave better than the current crop?

Secondly what are the best semi automatic mopeds to buy and is there ready much difference between Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki as surely this sort of technology is very old and widely available.

If I'm not mistaken a moped is usualy defined as a 50cc motorbike. Now be very careful if you have license for a moped (50cc) in your home country and think you can drive a 125 or 150cc here in Thailand. It might void your travel insurance.

As for scooter types, Honda is very reliable. But Yamaha and Kawa are good also.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RobbyXNorway said:

If I'm not mistaken a moped is usualy defined as a 50cc motorbike. Now be very careful if you have license for a moped (50cc) in your home country and think you can drive a 125 or 150cc here in Thailand. It might void your travel insurance.

As for scooter types, Honda is very reliable. But Yamaha and Kawa are good also.

Perhaps the title should have read scooter then. Am I bad?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My teen came home with a brand new Honda Click 150i.

It's a fine bike for 62K, not such a good deal for 8k deposit and 48 payments of 2k2.

I wouldn't mind one, guess I'll get my chance when she can't make the repayments.

As for reliability, a full engine rebuild costs around 6k for most of the Honda range, so it's not really a big problem/expense. Most of mine seem to need a rebuild after 50-60k.

An engine rebuild on a Honda 4 stroke 35cc weed beater is about 1,5ooB and safer to use,

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My teen came home with a brand new Honda Click 150i.

It's a fine bike for 62K, not such a good deal for 8k deposit and 48 payments of 2k2.

I wouldn't mind one, guess I'll get my chance when she can't make the repayments.

As for reliability, a full engine rebuild costs around 6k for most of the Honda range, so it's not really a big problem/expense. Most of mine seem to need a rebuild after 50-60k.

so  you are  a miser  talk like it is an ornament she cant pay the repayment 

if she can not and you can why dont u pay up front and all ok 

dept in thailand one of the worst things here i know everybdy has but if u are a bit of a straight farang  never have dept even around your near ones 

it is a hint not a command s dont take iit wrong make 

from day one here we no dept  no money no buy took a while but we live great now all ours and still have some to buy 

• Confused 2

26 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Holy shit ........ your family must milk you like a buffalo ...........

I bought her a new Honda Wave when she was 15, at 20 she can pay for her own transport.

Yamaha has the best build quality , and disc brake. Yamaha Spark would be the best choice for a semi-automatic , or a Suzuki Smash. Not many Kawasaki scooters about. Nothing wrong with them , just rare.  The price of that Honda Wave works out at 104,000 Baht  !!!. Thats nearly 70% over mark-up price. Another reason to avoid Honda. Could you not loan her the money , saving her a fortune.

25 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Vespa Vespa Vespa Vespa Vespa Vespa Vespa Vespa Vespa Vespa Vespa ... Wasp

For 104,000 Baht , she could have bought a nice Vespa. One of a few bikes to hold or even increase their value.

28 minutes ago, johng said:
57 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:
Vespa Vespa Vespa Vespa Vespa Vespa Vespa Vespa Vespa Vespa Vespa ... Wasp

Look nice but too expensive...parts, service centers ?

Agreed.  Mechanics in almost any Thai village can repair a Honda Dream.  

38 minutes ago, baansgr said:

change the oil every 2k.

Why would you do that? Change oil according to the maintenance schedule in the owners manual which will be way more than 2k km. Probably 4k or 8k km. For a Wave 110i it's 4000 km.

3 hours ago, johng said:

Yamaha Spark 115i    Cheap to buy, run and maintain  100KPH ( + a little bit more if you really push it)

begging basket on front is optional extra ????

1032459684_P_20180521_151724(Large).jpg.68b77523867ae5cb12bab25c5dbf1d2b.jpg

How does it compare to the Wave and Dream, presumably all very similar