800K 5 Months 400K Indefinitely In Bank For Ext To Stay Based In Retirement

2 minutes ago, Graviton said:

A lot of strangers say at a bar when you meet want you to be down on your luck more than them, it most empower them, but when they see your not, they become angry why?

Well could be a dark side of human nature that we're exposed to daily on this forum. 

21 minutes ago, Graviton said:

What if they used it on medical, cause no insurance company would touch them?

That only applies to US citizens. Every other country has already figured out cost-effective health care. Single payer.

It ensures you don't go bankrupt just by getting sick.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Having immigration having oversight of your bank account every day of the year is onerous. You're making obnoxious and incorrect assumptions about the personal finances of many thousands of people. It's mean spirited, offensive, and ignorant. Each individual has their own personal financial situation and their own processes of transferring money into Thailand. Generalizing so much as you and so many other "no sympathy" expats do doesn't reflect reality.

I don't wish it but someday maybe you'll understand how dense it is to make such negative generalization assumptions from your own personal experience here with immigration policy. 

I see you've gone into drama-queen mode. Boy, so easily offended.

I still stand by every word in my post.

Edited by Joe Mcseismic

2 hours ago, Graviton said:

Still say you got the money, do it yourself, its easy, and ฿1900 plus letter statement photo.

Yes, if not using the income-method, and have 800K to "spare" in a Thai acct earning almost nothing, it should be OK in most cases.  Many did not retire here with that in mind - but following the rules in place when they retired.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

While I agree with most of what you say, I don't see how it realistically prevents a switch to income. UNLESS you presume a check is made on 'last years' extension's money in the bank for compliance.

That is assumed, yes.  Most offices are not checking for the 800K 3 mo after the extension is granted - but will do so the subsequent year.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Generally it just would mean, use an agent once, you are hooked! Only solution I would consider would be a trip back to the UK and try to come back on a Non-Imm OA, or O Multiple and start again. Bad luck for those who have burned their bridges and have nothing back home.

One doesn't need anything back there except your passport and no bench-warrants.   One may need to buy some health-insurance to get the Visa, though.

FYI;

so all those that think this is all done to kill agents   Fat chance of that;

Just got this email from a visa service in Bangkok

This is XXX from XX  XXX XXX again.

I am happy to let you know that our price for 1 Year Retirement Visa's is now only 14,000 (50% discount)!

We help sponsor your financial requirements, and only require passport, and two photos.

If you have any visa needs please contact us ASAP.

Have a wonderful day.

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

That only applies to US citizens. Every other country has already figured out cost-effective health care. Single payer.

It ensures you don't go bankrupt just by getting sick.

Not in Thailand no insurance company wants you when 65yrs old.. some companies 62yrs and 100k a year premium.

43 minutes ago, Graviton said:

Not in Thailand no insurance company wants you when 65yrs old.. some companies 62yrs and 100k a year premium.

Look around more. You can do better.

43 minutes ago, Graviton said:

You need to re-read the posts between Jingthing and myself. We were talking about people with no savings, so, presumably, these people were working in their home countries, not in Thailand.

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Look around more. You can do better.

Not talking about moi I've been here 16yrs from 48... So insurance cheap using bupa had them all my working life... But when I'm 70 who know lol ..

8 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

You need to re-read the posts between Jingthing and myself. We were talking about people with no savings, so, presumably, these people were working in their home countries, not in Thailand.

Ok

On 5/30/2019 at 12:57 AM, Graviton said:

Agreed so why no official statement, it's not unreasonable to raise the question.

so why would you raise the question to folks who havent been informed instead of those who instituted the change?

7 minutes ago, AYJAYDEE said:

so why would you raise the question to folks who havent been informed instead of those who instituted the change?

Why don't you????? Don't you think "they" may use this site???????

Plus it doesn't effect me it was just a question.... If you have read my replies? 

15 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

FYI;

so all those that think this is all done to kill agents   Fat chance of that;

Just got this email from a visa service in Bangkok

Wow - only 14K in Bangkok.  I thought Bangkok agents were 25K. 

Maybe the discount is due the massive volume increase, thanks to their partners in immigration working with them, to push more customers to use their "services" for their mutual benefit.

9 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Wow - only 14K in Bangkok.  I thought Bangkok agents were 25K. 

Maybe the discount is due the massive volume increase, thanks to their partners in immigration working with them, to push more customers to use their "services" for their mutual benefit.

Still prefer 1900 baht

• Like 1

If you can't come up with the money and/or cannot meet the seasoning requirements, then Thai immigration allows you to cheat with no come-backs (agents). What is there to be angry about?

Not a single person needs to leave Thailand because of this, despite all the doomsayers claiming that thousands of retirees will.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JackThompson said:
  • Many don't get income-letters any more, after immigration started a beef with their embassies.
  • Many who do have the required income, don't transfer all of it here every month - have other expenses to handle (not burning all bridges back home, etc).
  • Many who do have the required income don't get it all from a "government pension," and some offices demand proof of this, to force applicants to their agent-partners.
  • Many who do transfer that much money here, have been doing it in less-frequent increments or via ATM-withdrawls, etc - and some immigration-offices are now demanding 12-mo of xfers, even though the rules only started this year, to force applicants to their agent-partners.
  • If one payment gets screwed up, the IO will almost certainly not have compassion - and will force the applicant to their agent-partners.

It's just a matter of time before something goes wrong with income xfers; immigration knows this - just biding their time for a problem to befall you, so can become another "payee" into their agent system.  And, once one has used the agent, there would appear to be no way out - the purpose of "post application seasoning." 

As regards going out and coming back to start over - and who knows if they will blacklist your application for a year or more for "failing" the last test.  In one report, an IO would not provide a new extension, until the applicant "re-proved" everything used for his last one.

Yes, as was done in the Philippines.  Lovely service there - polite, kind, same rules every time, no tricks, etc. 

Nonsense your just being a drama queen

Many don't get income-letters any more, after immigration started a beef with their embassies.

Most never had the money in the first place and told porkies

Many who do have the required income, don't transfer all of it here every month - have other expenses to handle (not burning all bridges back home, etc).

That would be a minority. Solution? transfer it here and straight back home again..

Many who do have the required income don't get it all from a "government pension," and some offices demand proof of this, to force applicants to their agent-partners.

Its already stated that it DOES not need to be just a pension...try to keep up!!

Many who do transfer that much money here, have been doing it in less-frequent increments or via ATM-withdrawls, etc - and some immigration-offices are now demanding 12-mo of xfers, even though the rules only started this year, to force applicants to their agent-partners.

If one payment gets screwed up, the IO will almost certainly not have compassion - and will force the applicant to their agent-partners.

What are you on about ??

On 5/30/2019 at 8:30 AM, yodsak said:

To stop agents.

No it dosent in pattaya immigration don't want people doing the visa anymore unless through an agent getting mine done next week 15k no money rules just pay agent they then pay immigration.

if you pay 1.9k they will give you the run around

Everyone situation is different but i will save money bringing cash when coming back to pattaya a couple of times a year.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, madmen said:

Nonsense your just being a drama queen

Many don't get income-letters any more, after immigration started a beef with their embassies.

Most never had the money in the first place and told porkies

What is your source for this?  I would never risk a federal felony charge for an extension, and I doubt that many others would.  That's scary - prison time, parole, felony record, big fine, and loss of passport, so stuck in the passport-country for who knows how long.

1 hour ago, madmen said:

Many who do have the required income, don't transfer all of it here every month - have other expenses to handle (not burning all bridges back home, etc).

That would be a minority. Solution? transfer it here and straight back home again..

This is expensive and troublesome.  Immigration knows it will cause many to give up and pay them off through their agent-partners.

1 hour ago, madmen said:

Many who do have the required income don't get it all from a "government pension," and some offices demand proof of this, to force applicants to their agent-partners.

Its already stated that it DOES not need to be just a pension...try to keep up!!

I was denied on this premise (why I am currently on a Visa instead of an extension in Issan), and others have reported the same (marriage and retirement).  This policy varies by office.

1 hour ago, madmen said:

Many who do transfer that much money here, have been doing it in less-frequent increments or via ATM-withdrawls, etc - and some immigration-offices are now demanding 12-mo of xfers, even though the rules only started this year, to force applicants to their agent-partners.

If one payment gets screwed up, the IO will almost certainly not have compassion - and will force the applicant to their agent-partners.

What are you on about ??

Do try to keep up.  We have reports that folks have tried to do an extension This Year, and been told that w/o 12-mo of xfers, they cannot do it (except via an agent).  Same if they missed a payment, or the payments did not come in "monthly."  One trip up, and they've got you.

9 minutes ago, sameasb4 said:

No it dosent in pattaya immigration don't want people doing the visa anymore unless through an agent getting mine done next week 15k no money rules just pay agent they then pay immigration.

if you pay 1.9k they will give you the run around

Everyone situation is different but i will save money bringing cash when coming back to pattaya a couple of times a year.

Do be aware, this is a one-way street into the agent/immigration partnership cul-de-sac, due to the new "post application seasoning" rules.  

Once you use an agent, it's "recurring agent-billing" for all subsequent years.  In other words - next year, if you wanted to apply in-person, they would likely demand proof of the past year's compliance, which you wouldn't have. 

On 5/31/2019 at 11:40 AM, Joe Mcseismic said:

You think Thais only earn 67k per year? Or, 4k per month?

Obviously, they want affluent foreigners which is very understandable.

Surprised that you couldn't figure this out yourself.

All my previous staff, mostly just out of Uni or perhaps had worked a few years, were getting starting salaries in excess of 66k THB/month, not including mandatory thirteenth month 'bonus' and performance bonus paid annually on top, which was on average about 3.5 months salary

This is in Bkk, so the best middle class jobs - but there are lots of them....

3 minutes ago, kuma said:

All my previous staff, mostly just out of Uni or perhaps had worked a few years, were getting starting salaries in excess of 66k THB/month, not including mandatory thirteenth month 'bonus' and performance bonus paid annually on top, which was on average about 3.5 months salary

This is in Bkk, so the best middle class jobs - but there are lots of them....

In another thread, it was suggested that going to do your first 90 day report (in 2019 based on 'apparent' new rule changes for minimum THB funds) - you have to state at the office you are there do a 90 day report, AND 800k THB balance confirmation.

I posted this below on another thread, can anyone comment?

So you are suggesting that when visiting the IO you must specify you are there to do:

1. 90 day report

2. Confirmation of 800k bank balance

And that in stating such you are given two queue tickets, one to go get your 90 day report complete, and then go to a second queue (and a different officer) to show your updated bank book and get confirmation you met the "800k, 90 day after visa issuance requirement"?

Are there any persons here that can confirm they completed this process? At immigration, I assumed:

1. One officer would be responsible for both reporting conditions

2. The front desk that issues queue tickets would have scanned my passport, understood it was my first 90 day, and given me the appropriate queue tickets.

Thanks in advance for responding.

2 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

If you can't come up with the money and/or cannot meet the seasoning requirements, then Thai immigration allows you to cheat with no come-backs (agents). What is there to be angry about?

Not a single person needs to leave Thailand because of this, despite all the doomsayers claiming that thousands of retirees will.

I think it will be very interesting come next year when their agent tells them - no can do you not have 800k balance for 3 months and 400k minimum balance for 9 months - solly

I think it will be very interesting come next year when their agent tells them - no can do you not have 800k balance for 3 months and 400k minimum balance for 9 months - solly
I do not think they will say that.

I think they will just raise the price.

In Thailand goal posts have wheels

37 minutes ago, kuma said:

In another thread, it was suggested that going to do your first 90 day report (in 2019 based on 'apparent' new rule changes for minimum THB funds) - you have to state at the office you are there do a 90 day report, AND 800k THB balance confirmation.

I posted this below on another thread, can anyone comment?

So you are suggesting that when visiting the IO you must specify you are there to do:

1. 90 day report

2. Confirmation of 800k bank balance

And that in stating such you are given two queue tickets, one to go get your 90 day report complete, and then go to a second queue (and a different officer) to show your updated bank book and get confirmation you met the "800k, 90 day after visa issuance requirement"?

Are there any persons here that can confirm they completed this process? At immigration, I assumed:

1. One officer would be responsible for both reporting conditions

2. The front desk that issues queue tickets would have scanned my passport, understood it was my first 90 day, and given me the appropriate queue tickets.

Thanks in advance for responding.

apparently those that have used an agent to bypass the rules and don't have the money in the bank don't need to report their balance after 3 months, like I said above, it will be interesting in 12 months time when they apply for renewal and have no 400k minimum balance to show

4 minutes ago, smedly said:

apparently those that have used an agent to bypass the rules and don't have the money in the bank don't need to report their balance after 3 months, like I said above, it will be interesting in 12 months time when they apply for renewal and have no 400k minimum balance to show

If they use an agent again to bypass the rules there will be no problem.

• Like 2