Whats your favorite food here?

Oh, and red curry with bamboo shoot.......I hate the way they chop up chicken bone though and cook it all up in little pieces. I prefer the chicken on the bone, cut at the joints, wing, leg.......

Paloor pork is pretty good too. Tempura prawns, yep, deep fried short rib in garlic, soy and oyster sauce.

Krapot plah soup is pretty good too....

kweiteo moo daeng served from a cart at the market (never seen it sold any other way, usually after 5pm), nice broth and chewy noodles with thinly sliced lean pork loin...with the condiments ye can make it as hot or mild as ye want it...

18 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

Fav food changes a lot. Lately it is Laarb pla dook, kua kling, jok ruam mit

Not all together.

Me too. There's a little country place near us in CM on a large irrigation canal with water flowing over some (man-made) cascades. They serve a fish laab spiced Northern style. It's great with sticky rice and beer. I order it every time I go there.

Khao Soi (Chiang Mai noodles), 

Som Tam, Khanom Sen.   And naturally ...for me anyways, the ubiquitous Pad Thai...(chicken...not shrimp/prawns due to allergy).   Too many others to mention...like many delicious curries and vegetable dishes. Once in a while some crunchy insects with a Singha or Chang ???? 

17 hours ago, nikmar said:

Image result for kow soi kai

Well I never - isn't this chicken Kao Soy (with relevant side dishes) popular in the Lanna region of Northern Thailand? My favorite as well and always enjoyed when I visit Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai Provinces. Unfortunately not available (to my knowledge) across in Issan where the food is typically Laos.

2 hours ago, Catoni said:

Khao Soi (Chiang Mai noodles), 

Som Tam, Khanom Sen.   And naturally ...for me anyways, the ubiquitous Pad Thai...(chicken...not shrimp/prawns due to allergy).   Too many others to mention...like many delicious curries and vegetable dishes. Once in a while some crunchy insects with a Singha or Chang ???? 

I love Khao Soi too.  The only problem it is a stain waiting to happen.

Pasta with a white sause, the Thai family think it is good also. Thai food? you can eat it but it tastes like shit.

Only joking but they do enjoy my home cooked pasta.

Pad krapow whatever, the spice kills any other flavor and is filling. Sorry no photos.

6 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

I only get to have a good one of those when I visit CM occasionally. 

Haven't found any down south... Not my favorite food but defo up the top of the list when North bound ????

There's one on Samui. 

At the government health clinic between fishermans village and Banrak. 

Try it next time you travel across the pond. 

Masman Chicken with crusty brown bread with loads of Olive Grove spread, delish ???? My Mrs uses Chicken breast, no bones or gristle.

Grilled Lamb chops, with Jacket Potato rolled in the Lamb fat and grilled until golden brown and crispy, cut open & add Extra mature Cheese, take a large thick slice of brown bread, soak up the Lamb fat & juices and grill until crispy, Nuke some mixed veg in the microwave and bingo a meal made in heaven, my Mrs loves Lamb chops. 

Archived