How Many Times Can I Enter And Leave?

I have decided that I am unwilling to renew my visa and will be returning to the UK.

The new visa regulations, the value of the baht and the weather here in CM have driven me to this decision.

I will apply for residency visa for my wife after we sell our house (I won't be holding my breath on that one.

My visa expires on 21st August, so I will leave the country on that day and go on holiday with my wife for a week.

My question is will I get 30 days tourist visa when I get back and could I leave the country again when that 30 days has expired and re-enter again?

I would only do it twice while I was waiting for my place in the UK to become vacant.

Please excuse my ignorance, I have not come here on a tourist visa for 15 years so I know nothing about them or what I can

or cannot do?

Many thanks

2 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

My question is will I get 30 days tourist visa when I get back

Yes, you will enter on a visa exempt entry and receive 30 days.

You don't need to leave the country to get a further 30 days. You can get this by extending your permission to stay at Chiang Mai Immigration for 1900 Baht. Alternatively you can take a trip to Mae Sai, go out and back in and get 30 days that way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If your wife is Thai you could get a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet with no financial proof.

You could also could get a 60 day extension to visit your wife near the end of your current extension. Then a single entry non-o visa to get another 90 days plus another 60 day extension.

My wife is Thai, where is Savannakhet Joe?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

You could actually get an extra 60 days to "visit your Thai wife" rather than the regular 30 day extension.

Can you get this at the airport or does one have to go to immigration Crossy?

10 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

You kidding. You have a Thai wife. Try her or Mr Google.

Numerous posts on this forum re non o etc from Savannakhet. How to go there. How to obtain xyz visa....

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

You get an extension of your permission to stay at an immigration office inside Thailand.

You get a visa exempt entry as you enter Thailand and pass through immigration at the border crossing or airport.

You get a visa from a Thai embassy or consulate outside Thailand.

You need to understand what all of these are. Calling them all "visas" or "extensions" is not helpful when trying to assess your options.

42 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

The latest news from Savannakhet is not good at all. Very long queues and very stressful. The 60 day extension idea would be better.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

Immigration, 1,900 Baht. 

IIRC you will need your wife and assorted photocopies, hopefully someone will know the exact requirements.

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Numerous posts on this forum re non o etc from Savannakhet. How to go there. How to obtain xyz visa....

Never had to consider this before and did not need to come on this forum.

Now I need some advice, hence why I am here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThaiPauly said:

Understand. Too many people assume that TVF is read by all expats in Thailand. My friends only read the Live Today section if interested.

PS. Savannakhet is in Laos.

Edited by newatthis
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

I will apply for residency visa for my wife after we sell our house (I won't be holding my breath on that one.

I hope you have researched the UK Immigration requirements for your wife to settle there, before going ahead with any plans.

Financial requirements and language tests.

17 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

My visa expires on 21st August, so I will leave the country on that day and go on holiday with my wife for a week.

As already mentioned, middle of August apply for a 60 day extension to visit Thai wife at local IO, 1,900 BHT. That will allow you to stay until Oct 19th.

Also apply for a single re-entry permit to cover the extension period.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I hope you have researched the UK Immigration requirements for your wife to settle there, before going ahead with any plans.

Financial requirements and language tests.

As already mentioned, middle of August apply for a 60 day extension to visit Thai wife at local IO, 1,900 BHT. That will allow you to stay until Oct 19th.

Also apply for a single re-entry permit to cover the extension period.

Yes, I have everything required for a settlement visa for my wife thanks.

9 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

How do you say you have not needed to use this forum before when you have over 8,000 posts on TV.

21 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I Think He Needs to get out a bit more, Jack......

22 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

How do you say you have not needed to use this forum before when you have over 8,000 posts on TV.

It's age related ….. may happen to you one day.

The good thing about Alzheimer's is you get to meet new friends again every day.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 9:22 PM, DrJack54 said:

To be fair he did not ask how to get there, but ubonjoe is not here to explain where these places are. Most people have at least a vague awareness of neighbouring countries and anyway would google the question rather than ask joe.

I think the move has got the lad a bit rattled, it would do that to me as well. I remember his posts over the years, generally sound and sensible, I wish him well.

• Sad 1