UK PM candidate Raab says suspending parliament remains a Brexit option

rooster59

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

Says a bloke who's avatar suggests Noddy Holder ????

(TBH her accent sounds more 'Corrie' than 'Brookside' lol)

Nice kipper tie Noddy.

Ta very much. Milk and 2 sugars please.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Wonder if this is a reborn Raab not the one that was Brexit negotiator then resigned after failing to negotiate anything and now wants to negotiate as PM to negotiate what with what? if not suspend parliament and crash out what a plan  ???? 

I have read and re-read an analysis of all the candidates positions. Much as I disagree with Esther Mcvey's politics only she and Rory Stewart are actually honest about the situation that we are in according to what I have read. The EU have said they will not re-open the negotiations - countless times. Their people have cleared the office and gone home. What is it about the word NO that ambitious Tories don't understand. 

Why do all the other candidates say they will re-open the negotiations? With who, with themselves? There are only a few possible reasons they are saying this:-

1) They are clinically insane and can't understand the word NO.

2) They believe that if they play hard ball with the EU then the EU will come running back to the table - totally deluded.

3) They know they are lying, but believe that the members of the Tory Party (Many in their dotage) either don't understand the situation, or don't care. 

So 8 out of 10 candidates for the highest office in the land are happy to knowingly peddle blatant falsehoods - which everyone can see are false -  to those they hope will elect them. Do politicians often tell lies - well of course they do, all the same when you get 8 out of 10 denying the blindingly obvious, that's a special performance. 

What have we come to? Jesus wept.

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 20.05.02.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

I can understand her. and I am a Southerner from Poole in Dorset.

It may be that joining the RAF as a boy helped a lot as we were multi regional from England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales, and multinational with boys from South Africa, Rhodesia, Kenya, Pakistan, Australia, NZ and several more countries.

We were a polyglot lot in those days, and we all worked together without any racism that I ever saw.

I was in the last entry of Aircraft Apprentices to go through Halton and there were so many foreigners in our entry they referred to us as the Black & White Minstrel show, but as you say we all got along and I became close friends with many and have seen some regularly over the last 50 odd years.

Will see quite a few from far flung places next year at the final Halton reunion, another victim of government cuts.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2019 at 10:59 AM, transam said:

Don't you think that as the gov of the day gave the UK populous the vote on leave or remain in EU that the voting populous thought/trusted/believed the gov of the day had plans for which ever way it went.....?   ????

Sadly you have got to an old age where not trusting politicians should be the default option. If you believed that then no doubt you will believe anything. 

6 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

shhh it's a faith-based religion now - Moses brought down an 11th Commandment when he went up to the mountain "Thou shalt Brexit, by all means, necessary and the God will shower upon the Britons all the glories of heaven'". 

Actually he did that long before we'd heard of the EU.

• Like 1